Installation question 06-05-07

I have one server with sql2005 running MOSS 2007 (sharepoint) I would like
that sql server also to run CRM dynamics 3.0 pro. We are only 5 users and its
a rather fast server so we believe it will go fine performance vice.
Can I install SRS from the crm3 disk on a SQL2005 ? does it NEED default
website and port 80 ?  (the MOSS are using that)

any help appreciated
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

Hello,

I suggest install SQLServer 2005 Reporting Services (SRS) manually using the
SQLServer 2005 installation media. Configure SRS to use a different (new)
website, having its own application pool. Then during CRM setup specify the
new  reporting services url.

Best regards,

Merijn van Mourik

"Lars" wrote:

> I have one server with sql2005 running MOSS 2007 (sharepoint) I would like
> that sql server also to run CRM dynamics 3.0 pro. We are only 5 users and its
> a rather fast server so we believe it will go fine performance vice.
> Can I install SRS from the crm3 disk on a SQL2005 ? does it NEED default
> website and port 80 ?  (the MOSS are using that)
>
> any help appreciated
use the 90 Day Trial software to install as it has the 2006 Rollup One
software included in the set. It is exactly the same software, you just use
your license to activate it. The benefit is that it is more aware of SQL
2005.

Agree that SQL 2005 Reporting Services should be installed first.

--
Anne Stanton, MBSCP-CRM
President, The Norwich Group

Written on a Lenovo T60p running VISTA
Tracked in MS Dynamics CRM v3.0 Rollup 1, Outlook Client v3.0C (with hotfix)
Good Neighbor to Groove 2007, OneNote 2007, Office Enterprise 2007,
Autotask, LinkedIN,
TypePad and More!
"Lars" <Lars@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have one server with sql2005 running MOSS 2007 (sharepoint) I would like
> that sql server also to run CRM dynamics 3.0 pro. We are only 5 users and
> its
> a rather fast server so we believe it will go fine performance vice.
> Can I install SRS from the crm3 disk on a SQL2005 ? does it NEED default
> website and port 80 ?  (the MOSS are using that)
>
> any help appreciated

0
Anne

How do I print 2-up? (May be a template question)
I've been given a template for a flyer to be printed 2-up on 8.5x11, IOW, the template is 5.5x8.5. I can't see a way to do it. Can someone give me a clue? Thanks. -- Al Dykes News is something someone wants to suppress, everything else is advertising. - Lord Northcliffe, publisher of the Daily Mail What version Publisher? Believe me, it does make a difference. In Publisher 2003 or 02, page setup, custom, landscape, type 5.5 width, 8.5 height... Publisher will say it will print two copies per sheet. In Publisher 2007... File, page setup, Click advanced on the right. Sel...

Update Rollup 3 won't install properly
Hi, After running lots of updates on SBS 2008 server, I finally was offered the Update Rollup 3 to alleviate the problem of my Win7 box not being able to connect. However, I am getting an error when trying to install the patch. After about 40%, the install fails with Code 6BA. Also, the "New Updates are available" baloon pops up in the system tray, offering to install it again. I've tried restarting the server, but can't seem to install this update. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Geordie GeordieB wrote: > Hi, > > After running lots of u...

Reports Question
I am interested in generating a report that will show me my top customers by category over a given period of time. I would like this ranked by the customers total sales over that period. Is this possible? Thanks! ...

CRM 3 Database Development question
Hi guys, Thanks in advance for any help. I guess, the question relates very much in how I can, in CRM3 to map the campaign response entity to the lead entity, so that I can transport custom fields from one to the other. Problem is, I am not sure how should I do this! I was thinking of creating a custom field on the lead entity and add a Nto1 relationship from the primary key in the campaign response entity to the custom field in the lead entity. But I am not very sure it will work. Anyone has attempted something of the sort? Thanks again, ...

Problem of installation CRM 1.2
I test to install Microsoft CRM 1.2 on a Windows 2003 Server. The installation progresses normally until the last stages, then it post the error message according to: - the Setup program could not install Microsoft CRM Server. - the Setup program could not supply your organization. - the Setup program could not create the licence of installation. The Server do not be operational (8007203A) Then it stops the installation However, if I make an installation on a server of test with a new Windows 2003 (new AD), the installation passes without problem. You have an idea on the source of the problem...

DST 926666 only needs to be installed on one Exchange 2003 Server?
I'm a little confused. Have 5 computers; 2 FE Servers, 2 BE Cluster Server (A/P), 1 WinXP Pro with Exchange System Management Started to install the 926666 patch on the 2 FE servers, then continued with the passive BE server. Then I went in to 'Add/Remove Programs' to make sure I could find the patch on the FE servers, which I did. And then for fun I looked at the active BE server, which also already had it?!? Thought, wow.. maybe that's because I updated the other cluster node? But then I went to the WinXP box with just the System Manager on it, and it had the patch alre...

Budget question....
Does anyone know of a way to not include "Transfers out of budget accounts" in my budget? I know of a manual way to do it. In the Transaction Register you can “right click” on the transaction and “exclude from budget”. In fact, that goes for any type transaction that you want to exclude from the budget report. "shaunx4" wrote: > Does anyone know of a way to not include > "Transfers out of budget accounts" in my budget? > Set all the target accounts of those transfers to be included in the budget in their account details? "shaunx4" &l...

Distribution List Questions
Exchange 2003 SP1, Native Mode. I'm pretty new to Exchange, so forgive any dumb questions I may ask. I'd like to create a distribution list that consists of certain members who will always be on the list, plus some other distribution lists. Specifically, some query-based lists. Is this possible? I've played around with it, but haven't had any luck. I can't seem to make a QBDL a member of another (regular) distribution list. QBDL's look really cool, but so far I've not had much success making them do what I want. This is probably mostly due to my own lack of knowl...

Paste special question
Is there a know way to paste a chart into a new workbook as a jpeg/pn using paste special if the chart was created with autofiltered data Currently, paste special cannot be selected from the pulldown menu o charts created/updated with autofiltered data. THX G.Shar -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Here are a couple that can export a chart to a file Sub ExportChartGIF() ActiveChart.Export Filename:="C:\a\MyChart.gif", _ FilterName:="GIF" End Sub Sub ExportChartJPG() ActiveChart.Export Filename:="C:\a\MyChart.jpg", _ FilterName:="jpeg&...

Priv.edb & Exchange 5.5 SP3
Hi: I have several questions on Priv.edb that I would really appreciate some help with. The server is Exchange 5.5 SP3 and NAV 1. The Priv.edb has been sitting at 13.8G for some time now. The amount of mail traffic and users has really not changed. Starting last night the Priv.edb went to the 16G limit. I archived off several users, ESEUTIL /d the Priv.edb back down to 13.9G at 3am. At 9am the Priv.edb was back up to 15.6G. I can watch the Priv.edb grow in size at a rate of 8,190KB every 5 mins. Any ideas on what is causing this? 2. If I add up all the users "Total KB" in the ...

Pivot Chart question Access 2007
I am expanding an Access 2007 db for maintenance agreement customers in my heating and air company. One of the charts i am trying to capture is the number of 1st time visits by quarter going back to the 1st qtr of 2006. This is also referred to as the number of gross adds. For some reason, i can create the chart and drill down to the quarter, however everytime i close the darn thing, i lose all of the data. When the chart is re-opened the data is gone. I have other pivot charts out there that come right up each time. But for some reason, this one doesnt. I've done this like 5 times...

Re-install Money 2000
After a dammage to my disk, I re-install Money 2000. My backup was protected by password. When I restore my backup, I have this message : "You are trying to open a file that has encrypted information. This file cannot be opened with this version of Money." Why??? My guess is that either your locale or file is a French one. See this: http://money.mvps.org/faq/article/98.aspx -- Glyn Simpson, Microsoft MVP - Money http://money.mvps.org Check http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;EN-GB;mny or http://money.mvps.org/faq for UK tips and fixes for MS Money. To send Micr...

Multiple criteria 11-18-07
I am filtering a recordset to obtain a single report. This is my code: Dim datConsultDate As Date Dim lngPatientID As Long datConsultDate = CDate(Forms!frmConsultation!txtConsultDate) lngPatientID = Me!PatientID DoCmd.OpenReport "rptReferralLetter", acViewPreview, , "[PatientID] = " & lngPatientID & " And [ConsultDate] = #" & datConsultDate & "#" I'm getting a run time error 3079 and 'Reserved error' Any help greatly appreciated. Sandy See if this helps: Dim strWhere As String If Me.Dirty Then Me.Dirty = False...

Re-installing a previous user
HISTORY: In the past we had USER1 using CRM. We later removed USER1 within CRM, but found that it didn't release the CRM license. Matt Parks help us by instructing us on removing the userid from the systemuserbase and systemuserlicense tables in SQL Manager. This worked and we were able to recover our license and reissue to another new user by using Deployment Manager. PRESENT: So here we are months later and USER1 is back. Using Deployment Manager, we attempted to add this user again as we have 1 available license. We got through the wizard until the end when we received the error...

Mail Merge Question for Office 2003
We have a table in XLS that is merging with a Word document. The XLS shows all the number with only 2 decimal places x.yy but the merge show a whole bunch of other 000000000 after the last digit. How do I get the merge to show just what is in XLS? Ex. It should just pull over x.yy but it's pulling over x.yy00000000000 Thanks! Debra Dalgleish posted this to a similar question about formatting dates/decimals. There's an article on the Microsoft web site that might help you: Answer Box: Numbers don't merge right in Word http://office.microsoft.com/en-ca/assistance/HA0...

Calendar Control 12-29-07
I have placed a Calendar Control on my form which has its Control Source as DateRequired, which is shown in txtDateRequired. I have the following events :- Private Sub Form_Open(Cancel As Integer) Calendar3.Visible = False End Sub Private Sub txtDateRequired_GotFocus() Calendar3.Visible = True End Sub Private Sub txtDateRequired_Exit(Cancel As Integer) Calendar3.Visible = False End Sub This all works fine with one exception: I would like after the date has been inserted into txtDateRequired (by clicking on the calendar), that the tab key when pressed moves the focus to the ...

A question about thread,please help me
My program environment is .net2005.The partial code is shown as below: void CfinalView::OnRButtonDblClk(UINT nFlags, CPoint point) { CRect rc; GetClientRect(&rc); if(point.x>rc.left&&point.x<(rc.right/2)&&point.y>rc.top&&point.y<rc.bottom) { //AfxBeginThread(RUNTIME_CLASS(CDetailPlot)); } if(point.x>(rc.right/2)&&point.x<rc.right&&point.y>rc.top&&point.y<(rc.bottom/2)) { //AfxMessageBox(_T("haha")); AfxBeginThread(RUNTIME_C...

Question about comparing text columns in Excel?
I am trying to figure out how to create a Vlookup formula that would do the following: I want to find the names in Column D that are not in Column A. Column A Column B Column C Column D Column E Name $$ amount Blank Name $$ amount Any suggestions? Check this out: http://img138.imageshack.us/img138/3036/nonamed.png Micky "hamdodger" wrote: > I am trying to figure out how to create a Vlookup formula that would do the > following: > > I want to find the names in Column D that are not in Column A...

installing SafePay 10.0
Hello: If a client has over thirty companies in GP 10.0 and will only use Safe Pay in say two of those companies, is it OK to just install the module in just those two companies? Or, do you absolutely have to install it in all thirty companies? childofthe1980s Installation of the software is installation wide. You install the chunk files needed on all pcs. Once the software is active, it will require its files, on all companies. You do not have to configure it for use on any other companies but it it requests the files to be created, the message will recur until the files are crea...

Exchange 5.5 SP3 install errors
Hi group Thanks for the help with moving my E 5.5 to the new server. It was moved from NT4 box to W2K. I knew Microsoft only supports E 5.5 on W2K server starting from E 5.5 SP3 so I decided to go ahead and update the Exchange to SP3. I stopped the services, made an offline backup and restarted the services. Then I slipped in a CD with E 5.5 SP3 and run the update.exe. Everything went fine (install was successful and Exchange is up and running so far) exept 3 error messages I recieved during SP3 installation. They were same but for different files: "Can not update file -in use by ano...

Replace Question
I have a long column of numerical data with occassional random occurences of text in a cell, like so: 25 37.5 48 25.9 57 NAM 65 59 24 etc. I want to replace every occurrence of "NAM" (always the same text) with the contents of the cell immediately above. In the example above I want to replace NAM with 57. Can I do this using Find/replace? Steve Sub ChangeEm() Dim cell As Range Dim FirstCell As String With Worksheets("Sheet3").Columns("A") Set cell = .Find("NAM", LookIn:=xlValues) If Not cell Is Nothing Then Do ...

Newbie Question #4
Hi. Using Excel 2003 with XP Pro. I'd like to enter numbers without having to enter the plus sign (+) first. When I enter "5+5" it treats it as text instead of giving me the total (10). Any way to change this default? TIA John Just enter =5+5 without the quotes. -- Message posted via http://www.officekb.com John, for the total the formula would have the = equal sign first the the equation to have the total show in the cell. Is that what you nee -or- what you are wanting to avoid -- juli ----------------------------------------------------------------------- julie'...

Error trying to install
Installing OL2002 on Win98se machine - Software came with an Viewsonic V36 (They won't support becaseit is not thier software - MS wants $35 to look at the problem). Get error 1919 concerning ODBC MS ACCESS database. Please help... ...

Sent Mail Question
I'm new to CRM 1.2 so patience please. It appears that if I send a mail message to a Contact that I have in an Account in CRM 1.2 that the only record of that activity lies within CRM. Looking in my Sent Mail folder I find no record of the action. Environment: SBS 2003 Exch Svr 6.5.7226 (SP1) XP-Pro desktop I send the mail within the CRMweb site as an Activity associated with a Contact. The sent mail appears in the Contact's History but for some reason MS elected not to order these by Date (at least not that I can figure out). More importantly to me, I have no single screen showi...

CRM 1.2 Licensing questions
Hi all, We are a Microsoft Certified Partner, so my understanding is that we get a fiver user license of CRM. But which exact version of CRM is it. The suite ? Standard or Professional ? Also, do I use the keys that I get on the MSDN download page, or should I follow the instructions on the sheet that I got from MS about registering my copy. I believe these instructions are for version 1.0. Any idea when they'll have the instructions for 1.2 ready ? Thanks Nick Nick I believe the license you got from microsoft is a production license ie you can use it in your business. The MSDN ...