Installation Problems SQL 2005

I keep getting the following Error when installling CRM 3.0 Small Business
Edition "Service mssearch was not found on computer 'SERVER1'.
The specified service does not exist as an installed service"

I have the Microsoft Full-Text Engine for SQL Server Service Installed and
running.

Can anyone help?
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

Are you runndng your domain on a Windows Small Business Server?
--
Rgds

Michael
MCDBA 2000 | MCITP DBA 2005

"jl815" wrote:

> I keep getting the following Error when installling CRM 3.0 Small Business
> Edition "Service mssearch was not found on computer 'SERVER1'.
> The specified service does not exist as an installed service"
>
> I have the Microsoft Full-Text Engine for SQL Server Service Installed and
> running.
>
> Can anyone help?
Yes SBS 2003R2

"Michael Langdon" wrote:

> Are you runndng your domain on a Windows Small Business Server?
> --
> Rgds
>
> Michael
> MCDBA 2000 | MCITP DBA 2005
>

> "jl815" wrote:
>
> > I keep getting the following Error when installling CRM 3.0 Small Business
> > Edition "Service mssearch was not found on computer 'SERVER1'.
> > The specified service does not exist as an installed service"
> >
> > I have the Microsoft Full-Text Engine for SQL Server Service Installed and
> > running.
> >
> > Can anyone help?
What version of ASP.Net is the site running?
--
Rgds

Michael
MCDBA 2000 | MCITP DBA 2005

"jl815" wrote:

> Yes SBS 2003R2
>
> "Michael Langdon" wrote:
>
> > Are you runndng your domain on a Windows Small Business Server?
> > --
> > Rgds
> >
> > Michael
> > MCDBA 2000 | MCITP DBA 2005
> >

> > "jl815" wrote:
> >
> > > I keep getting the following Error when installling CRM 3.0 Small Business
> > > Edition "Service mssearch was not found on computer 'SERVER1'.
> > > The specified service does not exist as an installed service"
> > >
> > > I have the Microsoft Full-Text Engine for SQL Server Service Installed and
> > > running.
> > >
> > > Can anyone help?
I have .net 2.0 running but was told that is what SQL 2005 required.

"Michael Langdon" wrote:

> What version of ASP.Net is the site running?
> --
> Rgds
>
> Michael
> MCDBA 2000 | MCITP DBA 2005
>

> "jl815" wrote:
>
> > Yes SBS 2003R2
> >
> > "Michael Langdon" wrote:
> >
> > > Are you runndng your domain on a Windows Small Business Server?
> > > --
> > > Rgds
> > >
> > > Michael
> > > MCDBA 2000 | MCITP DBA 2005

Hi

MSCRM 3.0 is ASP.Net 1.1.  The Website for MSCRM should run under ASP.Net
1.1.  If using SQL Server 2005 with Reporting Serevices 2005 then you will
need to place the Reports and ReportServer virtual directories into a
separate application pool to that of the MSCRM website.

To accomplish this you will need to go to IIS Manager (inetmgr) and then
create a new default application pool call it something like CRMReporting.
Once you have created the application pool explore the MSCRM website
(assuming you have installed the virtual directories (VD) into this site).
Right click on the VD and select properties and then select the Home
Directory tab.  At the bottom of the window you will see application pool.
Change this to the newly created appplication pool.  Repeat the changing of
application pool for VD ReportServer.

If reports are not under the MSCRM website to the following:

Check to make sure that the MSCRM website ASP.Net version is running as 1.1.
 If running under ASP.Net 2.0 change to ASP.Net 1.1.

HTH's
--
Rgds

Michael
MCDBA 2000 | MCITP DBA 2005

"jl815" wrote:

> I have .net 2.0 running but was told that is what SQL 2005 required.
>
> "Michael Langdon" wrote:
>
> > What version of ASP.Net is the site running?
> > --
> > Rgds
> >
> > Michael
> > MCDBA 2000 | MCITP DBA 2005
> >

> > "jl815" wrote:
> >
> > > Yes SBS 2003R2

Problems with creating a newsletter

CSV File Problem

Customize Current View: Filter Problem

Outlook plug in install
I currently have SQL Server installed on my local pc for some other task. In the install of Outlook plugin for CRM it wants to install MSDE is this going to conflict with my SQL 2000 instance? Joe Thomas wrote: > I currently have SQL Server installed on my local pc for > some other task. In the install of Outlook plugin for CRM > it wants to install MSDE is this going to conflict with > my SQL 2000 instance? Yes it will conflict. Microsoft will not support sales for Outlook if you do this and they strongly recommend not to install sales for Outlook if you already have SQL ins...

Month problem

Rounding Problem

How to install WCF templates?
How to install WCF templates for Visual C# 2008 Express Edition? I have Visual Web Developer 2008 Express Edition too and my computer is running on Winodws XP Professional. I can find WCF template in VWD2008EE but not in VC#2008EE. Any help would be appreciated Thank you Regards Raj On Apr 15, 1:55=A0pm, Raj <R...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > How to install WCF templates for Visual C# 2008 Express Edition? > > I have Visual Web Developer 2008 Express Edition too and my computer is > running on Winodws XP Professional. I can find WCF template ...

Access 2007 and Vista code problem

Offline folder problems #2

Changing SQL Server for CRM 1.2

OLK 2k7

outlook 2k2 problem

Mother of a sumproduct (ish) problem!

Hyperlink problem #3

CRM 3.0 Login Problems

Spam is a big big problem
Spam is a big big problem ...

SQL View with Smartlist Builder
I am having to recreate Anyviews (GP8) into Smartlists (GP10SP3). Not very happy. Many of our Smartlist require the use of SQL views do to the limitations of Anyview and now Smartlist. It appears that I must create a separate Smartlist for each company I wish to use my sql view with. Is there not a way to include a custom SQL view in Smartlist, and have Smartlist use the company the user is logged into? The view exist in each company database. Can this be done with SQL Reporting server and DynamicsGP? Can I pull a report based on the company db the user is logged into? Thanks for the...

attachment previewers not installed?

Problem with Database Wizard