Installation of Crystal Reports says that 9.2.0 detected, needs 9.

Hello,

I am in the process of installing CRM 1.2 on a Windows 2003 SBS server.  I
have gotten to the point of installing the Crystal Reports that comes with
CRM onto the server. When I try to install Crystal Reports, it says that it
has detected version 9.2.0 on the server and it needs to be upgraded to
v9.2.2 before installation of CR can continue.  The only copy of CR that I
can figure out that is on the server is the copy that came with Visual
Studio.  I can't figure out how to tell what its version number is..   Its a
pretty stripped down copy of CR.   Looking at the makers of CR's website, it
looks like the copy in Visual Studio is a custom OEM version and has its own
separate update files from the rest of the CR.

I am thinking about uninstalling Visual Studio which should remove the copy
of CR that the installation is complaining about, then installing the copy of
CR that comes with CRM and then finally putting back Visual Studio.

Does anyone have any comments on this scenerio or problem?

Thanks,

Bruce
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

Don't install Crystal Reports on the CRM server. You will cause all sorts of
problems with Crystal Enterprise.

Crystal Reports does not "come with Microsoft CRM" - its an entirely
separate product

The Crystal Enhancements CD that is in the CD set is not for applying on the
CRM server. Its for any PCs that need Crystal Reports for developing new
reports and deploying them to the Crystal Enterprise environment within CRM

HTH

Peter Lynch

"BAP" <BAP@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hello,
>
> I am in the process of installing CRM 1.2 on a Windows 2003 SBS server.  I
> have gotten to the point of installing the Crystal Reports that comes with
> CRM onto the server. When I try to install Crystal Reports, it says that
it
> has detected version 9.2.0 on the server and it needs to be upgraded to
> v9.2.2 before installation of CR can continue.  The only copy of CR that I
> can figure out that is on the server is the copy that came with Visual
> Studio.  I can't figure out how to tell what its version number is..   Its
> pretty stripped down copy of CR.   Looking at the makers of CR's website,
it
> looks like the copy in Visual Studio is a custom OEM version and has its
own
> separate update files from the rest of the CR.
>
> I am thinking about uninstalling Visual Studio which should remove the
copy
> of CR that the installation is complaining about, then installing the copy
of
> CR that comes with CRM and then finally putting back Visual Studio.
>
> Does anyone have any comments on this scenerio or problem?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Bruce

0
Peter
11/29/2004 5:40:41 PM
Peter,

Thanks for repling.

At first I didn't understand your response, but after I dug out more info on
CRM and its report writer I realized that I had misunderstood what was
installed and what was included.  I had thought that a copy of CR was on that
other CD and needed to be installed.  I didn't know that the Crystal
Enterprise was automatically installed and that the other CD had the Crystal
Enhancements used to make a full version of Crystal Reports loaded on a
client machine able to understand the CRM database.

Thanks.....

"Peter Lynch" wrote:

> Don't install Crystal Reports on the CRM server. You will cause all sorts of
> problems with Crystal Enterprise.
>
> Crystal Reports does not "come with Microsoft CRM" - its an entirely
> separate product
>
> The Crystal Enhancements CD that is in the CD set is not for applying on the
> CRM server. Its for any PCs that need Crystal Reports for developing new
> reports and deploying them to the Crystal Enterprise environment within CRM
>
> HTH
>
> Peter Lynch
>

> "BAP" <BAP@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Hello,
> >
> > I am in the process of installing CRM 1.2 on a Windows 2003 SBS server.  I
> > have gotten to the point of installing the Crystal Reports that comes with
> > CRM onto the server. When I try to install Crystal Reports, it says that
> it
> > has detected version 9.2.0 on the server and it needs to be upgraded to
> > v9.2.2 before installation of CR can continue.  The only copy of CR that I
> > can figure out that is on the server is the copy that came with Visual
> > Studio.  I can't figure out how to tell what its version number is..   Its
> > pretty stripped down copy of CR.   Looking at the makers of CR's website,
> it
> > looks like the copy in Visual Studio is a custom OEM version and has its
> own
> > separate update files from the rest of the CR.
> >
> > I am thinking about uninstalling Visual Studio which should remove the
> copy
> > of CR that the installation is complaining about, then installing the copy
> of
> > CR that comes with CRM and then finally putting back Visual Studio.
> >
> > Does anyone have any comments on this scenerio or problem?
> >
> > Thanks,
> >
> > Bruce

Excel 97 #9

Linking files 2 ways

Need Help, Task Start Date is wrong

More Columns #2

Microsoft CRM 3.0 Installation 11-08-07

Reporting from Project Server

New to excel

Contacts in Exchange #2

Offline Synchronization Problem #2

Document Viewer installer error

I need a macro

Goal Seek #2

number format with leading 0

Increment A2 from A1 and A2 Sum #2

Installing Active Directory connector?
We are installing a 2003 exchange on a 2003 server in a 2000 domain. We also have a 5.5 sp4 machine running on 2000 sp 4, and once 2003 is installed, we are going to move the mail boxes from the 5.5 machine. My question is, do we have to install the active directory connector on the 2000 Domain server, or could we install it on the 2003 server? eotrue wrote: > We are installing a 2003 exchange on a 2003 server in a > 2000 domain. We also have a 5.5 sp4 machine running on > 2000 sp 4, and once 2003 is installed, we are going to > move the mail boxes from the 5.5 machine. My q...

SQL 2005 Great Plains 9 issue
I will try to keep this succinct. I am running Great Plains 9 with SQL 2005 on separate servers. Recently I brought up a new SQL server(called sql02) to replace the old SQL server(called sql01). After installing SQL 2005 on the new server and restoring all the databases I renamed the new server(sql02) to the name of the old Server(sql01). Great Plains worked happily after that. On the new SQL server now called SQL01 there are two database engines in SQL Studio, one is called SQL02 and the other is called SQL01. I would rather not have SQL02 there, but I'm not sure how to delet...

COUNTIF MULTIPLE CRITERIA #2
To count if Col A=aa and Col B=bb and Col C=cc. Must meet all situation. Thanks will A Try this: =SUMPRODUCT(--(A1:A10="aa"),--(B1:B10="bb"),--(C1:C10="cc")) Adjust range references to suit your situation Does that help? *********** Regards, Ron "will A" wrote: > To count if Col A=aa and Col B=bb and Col C=cc. Must meet all situation. > Thanks > will A =SUMPRODUCT(--(A1:A1000="aa"),--(B1:B1000="bb"),--(C1:c1000="cc")) SUMPRODUCT does not work on a complete column, just a defined range, and all ranges must b...

Web Services install error
Hi everyone, I keep getting the following error when I try to install web services or econnect. Error Number = 25001 Error Description = [Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][SQL Server]Invalid column name 'VOIDED'. Error Source = eConnectInstall90.LoadProcs.AddSQLStoredProcedureLine Number = 240 I have the Web server and SQL Server on separate machine. Does anyone know what the problem is? When I try to install web services on the web server, i get this message. When i install econnect on the sql server, i also get this message. thanks, nick I finally figured it out. It ha...