Install with new Organization name: Can't find exisitng database

Hello!

I already have a trial installation with MSDN Subscriber as an Organization
(unfortnately, I have a lot of data in my database), and I am willing to
make a clean CRM Install with new organization name and license keys. I have
already un-installed CRM and trying to re-install it with new organization
name, asking to connect to existing database (meaning the MSDN Subscriber
one). Unfortunately it can't connect as it says that there is no database
for this organization in my SQL Server (although of course there is one...).
Is there any way to make it connect to my existing database? If not is there
any workaround in this in order to have my MSDN database data in my new CRM
installation?

It is quite urgent!

Thanks a lot,

Elena

0
SiEBEN
5/12/2004 5:47:30 PM
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

Hi:

You could try this:

2. Backing up the V1.0 SQL databases (I would also recommend AD System State
backup) and then completely un-installing CRM V1.0 server, using the steps
outlined in the Implementation Guide. Install CRM V1.2 with the new license
key using the new Organization name. This will create the AD OU and SQL
databases with the new Organization name. Using the CRM V1.2 Data Migration
Framework you can then populate the cdf (that comes with the DMF) using the
data in the SQL databases backups. Then run the DMF to migrate the records
from the cdf and into CRM. Please note that attachments will not migrate.

John.

"SiEBEN Innovative Solutions" <newsgroup@sieben.gr> wrote in message
> Hello!
>
> I already have a trial installation with MSDN Subscriber as an
Organization
> (unfortnately, I have a lot of data in my database), and I am willing to
> make a clean CRM Install with new organization name and license keys. I
have
> already un-installed CRM and trying to re-install it with new organization
> name, asking to connect to existing database (meaning the MSDN Subscriber
> one). Unfortunately it can't connect as it says that there is no database
> for this organization in my SQL Server (although of course there is
one...).
> Is there any way to make it connect to my existing database? If not is
there
> any workaround in this in order to have my MSDN database data in my new
CRM
> installation?
>
> It is quite urgent!
>
> Thanks a lot,
>
> Elena

0
John
5/12/2004 6:29:12 PM
Thanks a lot John!

Take into consideration the followings:

- The MSDN Subscriber version is not 1.0 but 1.2. Is the procedure the same?
- We have customized the already installed CRM system, which means that I
have custom fields in my MSDN Subscriber database. The new installation will
create a default database without the special custom fields. Will the cdf
population then work and migrate my customizations too?

Thanks again for your quick reply.

Elena

"John" <no@spam.com> wrote in message
> Hi:
>

> You could try this:
>

> 2. Backing up the V1.0 SQL databases (I would also recommend AD System
State
> backup) and then completely un-installing CRM V1.0 server, using the steps
> outlined in the Implementation Guide. Install CRM V1.2 with the new
license
> key using the new Organization name. This will create the AD OU and SQL
> databases with the new Organization name. Using the CRM V1.2 Data
Migration
> Framework you can then populate the cdf (that comes with the DMF) using
the
> data in the SQL databases backups. Then run the DMF to migrate the records
> from the cdf and into CRM. Please note that attachments will not migrate.
>
> John.
>
> "SiEBEN Innovative Solutions" <newsgroup@sieben.gr> wrote in message
> > Hello!
> >
> > I already have a trial installation with MSDN Subscriber as an
> Organization
> > (unfortnately, I have a lot of data in my database), and I am willing to
> > make a clean CRM Install with new organization name and license keys. I
> have
> > already un-installed CRM and trying to re-install it with new
organization
> > name, asking to connect to existing database (meaning the MSDN
Subscriber
> > one). Unfortunately it can't connect as it says that there is no
database
> > for this organization in my SQL Server (although of course there is
> one...).
> > Is there any way to make it connect to my existing database? If not is
> there
> > any workaround in this in order to have my MSDN database data in my new
> CRM
> > installation?
> >
> > It is quite urgent!
> >
> > Thanks a lot,
> >
> > Elena

0
SiEBEN
5/12/2004 6:59:28 PM
Hi:

No, you'll have to export your customizations first, and then import to the
new CRM install..

> Thanks a lot John!
>
> Take into consideration the followings:
>
> - The MSDN Subscriber version is not 1.0 but 1.2. Is the procedure the
same?
> - We have customized the already installed CRM system, which means that I
> have custom fields in my MSDN Subscriber database. The new installation
will
> create a default database without the special custom fields. Will the cdf
> population then work and migrate my customizations too?
>
> Thanks again for your quick reply.
>
> Elena
>

> "John" <no@spam.com> wrote in message
> > Hi:
> >

> > You could try this:
> >

> > 2. Backing up the V1.0 SQL databases (I would also recommend AD System
> State
> > backup) and then completely un-installing CRM V1.0 server, using the
steps
> > outlined in the Implementation Guide. Install CRM V1.2 with the new
> license
> > key using the new Organization name. This will create the AD OU and SQL
> > databases with the new Organization name. Using the CRM V1.2 Data
> Migration
> > Framework you can then populate the cdf (that comes with the DMF) using
> the
> > data in the SQL databases backups. Then run the DMF to migrate the
records
> > from the cdf and into CRM. Please note that attachments will not
migrate.

> > John.
> >
> > "SiEBEN Innovative Solutions" <newsgroup@sieben.gr> wrote in message
> > > Hello!
> > >
> > > I already have a trial installation with MSDN Subscriber as an
> > Organization
> > > (unfortnately, I have a lot of data in my database), and I am willing
> > > make a clean CRM Install with new organization name and license keys.
> > have
> > > already un-installed CRM and trying to re-install it with new
> organization
> > > name, asking to connect to existing database (meaning the MSDN
> Subscriber
> > > one). Unfortunately it can't connect as it says that there is no
> database
> > > for this organization in my SQL Server (although of course there is
> > one...).
> > > Is there any way to make it connect to my existing database? If not is
> > there
> > > any workaround in this in order to have my MSDN database data in my
new
> > CRM
> > > installation?
> > >
> > > It is quite urgent!
> > >
> > > Thanks a lot,
> > >
> > > Elena

0
John

Access 97 can't resize database window

Re-install Outlook 2002

Outlook 2007 Install gone wrong

Office installation and Windows 7

Backing Up Exchange Database

Creating Exchange 2003 organization

Install ActiveX on Windows XP / IE8
Hi, I created a non-admin installation package to take advantage of the new IE8 features to deploy my ActiveX control. It works perfectly on Windows Vista+ but not on Windows XP (the yellow bar is never displayed). Here is the content of my INF file: [version] signature="$CHICAGO$" AdvancedINF=2.0 [Add.Code] DbCtrlEx.ocx=DbCtrlEx.ocx [Deployment] InstallScope=user [DbCtrlEx.ocx] file-win32-x86=thiscab clsid={97012969-FEFB-4F8F-A03C-67F83D139E8F} RegisterServer=yes FileVersion=1,0,0,1 RedirectToHKCU=yes If I remove the Deployment section it works...

Backing up databases on remote SQL
Hi, I recently followed one of the MS articles on how to move GP 9 sql database to a different server. Everything went well except when trying to run the backup option from the GP9 server. I currently have a server with GP9 installed and another server with SQL and the GP databases. When I try to run the backup from the backup option on the GP server it says " You must be on the server machine to perform this task". presume this is because the SQL is no longer on that server. The SQL server has a backup routine of its own, but I would like our finance users to have the ability...

Install that important pack from the Microsoft Corp.
--xzkkhdmcbxymiaud Content-Type: multipart/related; boundary="vaccmkjzdr"; type="multipart/alternative" --vaccmkjzdr Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="ggmepcujya" --ggmepcujya Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Microsoft User this is the latest version of security update, the "October 2003, Cumulative Patch" update which fixes all known security vulnerabilities affecting MS Internet Explorer, MS Outlook and MS Outlook Express. Install now to help maintain the security of your computer from these vulnera...

Setting Defaults in New Item Wizard
How can I set a default value in the New Item Wizard? I want to always use a barcode type that is about 10 down from the top and I want Taxable Item to always be checked. Help... Good question, I need an answer too. "A StanTech Associate" wrote: > How can I set a default value in the New Item Wizard? I want to always use a > barcode type that is about 10 down from the top and I want Taxable Item to > always be checked. Help... You can set the default sales tax under Manager, File, Configuration, Sales Tax, Default item tax group. To set a default barcode type yo...

Find tab in worksheet
I have a workbook with many tabs & many users and would like to create a 'Go to / find' function that finds a particular tab when opening workbook, so that user will enter tab in text box and will then go directly to tab Try any one of these macros.. You can try out the below macro. If you are new to macros.. --Set the Security level to low/medium in (Tools|Macro|Security). --From workbook launch VBE using short-key Alt+F11. --From menu 'Insert' a module and paste the below code. --Get back to Workbook. --Run macro from Tools|Macro|Run <selected mac...

new activity not in the appropriate queue
Help! I installed the Rollup 3 for MS CRM 4 and since then all created activities are redirected to the users assigned folder in queue and not in progress(my current activities) folder! It's not logical because a new activity is not yet assigned to a different user to be in the assigned folder !! I can't believe this is on purpose and I DON'T have a workflow on this. Can someone tell me how to fix this? ...

Change Domain Name on outgoing Emails
Our company just purchased another company with their own Exchange Server and AD infrastrure. We want all users in this new facility to have Email addresses with our Domain such as username@abc.com instead of their current Domain username@123.com. Until I migrate resources from their Forest into our Forest I have created contacts to forward all Emails from the abc Domain to the 123 Domain. When users reply or send Emails from the 123 Domain it still has their username@123.com Email address which will cause confusion with our customers and suppliers. How do I force their Emails to us...

Find Highest Score In List Formula
Hello all, I'm looking to return the highest score for a users with multiple scores in a list of other users with multiple scores. Thank you, Ron Say the data is like: frank 56 joe 9 frank 74 frank 101 jim 143 jim 146 joe 200 frank 164 joe 135 joe 127 joe 177 jim 10 jim 135 jim 53 frank 190 joe 109 jim 193 jim 29 jim 8 jim 107 joe 93 joe 9 jim 153 jim 186 joe 36 jim 174 jim 141 frank 55 jim 92 frank 141 joe 15 frank 5 frank 34 joe 161 jim 103 joe 88 and we want the max score for frank: =MAX(IF(A1:A36="frank",B1:B36,""...

Can not open additional mailboxes in my mailbox after a exchange 2003 rebuild database
To Exchange 2003 Gurus I have a exchange server that serve a lot of users. 3 week ago I had to repair the database with great success. But now I noticed a problem that in the past I was able to acomplished I can not open additional mailboxes in my mailbox.(right click on my mailbox>properties>advanced>Advanced tab> and when I click on add I get THE NAME COULD NOT BE RESOLVE. THE ACTION COULD NOT BE COMPLETED. This message appear eventhough I did not type anything Here is more info -I am able to open additional mailboxes if I use a computer with my profile that I created before I r...

Office 2008 "Office Installer" could not be opened
Trying to install Office 2008... When I double click the Office Installer icon....I get the following message: The document �Office Installer� could not be opened. I'm on a MacBook Pro. I've never had problems installing programs before. This is new. Thanks for any help. On 2/26/08 2:03 PM, in article ee8edf5.-1@webcrossing.caR9absDaxw, "Dags@officeformac.com" <Dags@officeformac.com> wrote: > Trying to install Office 2008... > > When I double click the Office Installer icon....I get the following message: > > The document �Office Installer� could ...

How do I assign a name to a PDF report via VBA
Thanks to the internet site: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ee336132.aspx I have the following subprocedure: Private Sub Print_to_PDF_Click() On Error Resume Next Dim reportName As String reportName = "HCBS CMgr Smmry Report" DoCmd.OpenReport reportName, _ View:=acPreview, WindowMode:=acHidden Set Reports(reportName).Printer = _ Application.Printers("CutePDF Printer") DoCmd.OpenReport reportName, _ View:=acViewNormal End Sub This appears to be a good start; however, it stops and waits for me to enter the n...

hyperlink open in a new page
After reading all the other posts, and inserting "HTML Code Fragment" here's my prob. I don't want folks to see the actual HTML text. I got a pic of a calendar, and, I want it to simply open my yah00 calendar in another window. I've figured out how to patch a pic to a link, but (of course) I want it to open in a new window, again, without the HTML text being visible. What am I missing? Reference: Create a hyperlink in Publisher that opens in a new window: http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/publisher/HA011587451033.aspx Use the ECMAScript code approach, and insert ...

ANN: New version of Database Workbench, the multi-DBMS IDE now available!
Ladies, gentlemen, Upscene Productions is proud to announce the next version of the popular multi-DBMS development tool: " Database Workbench 4.0 Pro" With this version we're reached a milestone: Database Workbench is now fully Unicode enabled and offers new tools to increase your productivity. There have been numerous improvements to existing tools and the user interface making it even better than before. For more information, see http://www.upscene.com/ Database Workbench supports: - Borland InterBase ( 4.x - 9.x ) - Firebird ( 1.x, 2.x ) - MS SQL...

Finding icons
I'm trying to find the icons I've customized. I had believed those icons were saved in a file called "Excel.XLB". However, and I can't find it when I do a search. Any help how I do this or what to backup? Ken When you are conducting search for your "Excel.XLB" file make sure you have checked the Advanced Option "Search hidden files & folders"... Steve "kenw" wrote: > I'm trying to find the icons I've customized. I had > believed those icons were saved in a file > called "Excel.XLB". However, an...

Word find/replace equivalent of (word1|word2)
Hello All, New poster, I did my best to search for this answer using keywords such as: atomic grouping, alternatives, bar OR pip equivalent, etc... but had no luck My question is, is there/what is the Microsoft Word find/replace equivalent of the regular expression (word1|word2) ? I've obviously tried | and \| with no luck. And any webpage I found with discussion of advanced find/replace for word did not go into atomic grouping. Thanks so much! -Hikari Have you tried the article that is found here: http://www.gmayor.com/replace_using_wildcards.htm It might...