Install CRM 4.0 with CRM 3.0 licences + upgrage

Dear all,
my customer has bought licenses for CRM 3.0 and then the upgrade to 4.0.
Can we now install directly the 4.0 with the latest licenses or are we
forced to pass through the 3.0 installation and then upgrade it?
Many thanks in advance
Bye
ale

0
locatao (9)
7/10/2008 2:16:00 PM
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

Yes

"locatao" <locatao@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Dear all,
> my customer has bought licenses for CRM 3.0 and then the upgrade to 4.0.
> Can we now install directly the 4.0 with the latest licenses or are we
> forced to pass through the 3.0 installation and then upgrade it?
> Many thanks in advance
> Bye
> ale

0
p0911 (103)
7/15/2008 11:28:01 AM
Sorry

No

"locatao" <locatao@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Dear all,
> my customer has bought licenses for CRM 3.0 and then the upgrade to 4.0.
> Can we now install directly the 4.0 with the latest licenses or are we
> forced to pass through the 3.0 installation and then upgrade it?
> Many thanks in advance
> Bye
> ale

0
p0911 (103)
7/15/2008 11:28:28 AM
Sorry for the confusion - I wasn't thinking straight - been a long day

I would think you can install directly with the CRM4 keys.  Try it -  The
worst that will happen is the install will say NO at the point of putting in
the licence key.  I'm sure it will work fine

Pete

"locatao" <locatao@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Dear all,
> my customer has bought licenses for CRM 3.0 and then the upgrade to 4.0.
> Can we now install directly the 4.0 with the latest licenses or are we
> forced to pass through the 3.0 installation and then upgrade it?
> Many thanks in advance
> Bye
> ale

0
p0911 (103)
7/15/2008 11:32:19 AM
You can install the 4.0 directly without any reference to 3.0 keys for new
4.0 installation.

Frank Lee, Microsoft Dynamics CRM MVP
http://microsoft-crm.spaces.live.com
http://www.workopia.com/Links.htmYes

"locatao" wrote:

> Dear all,
> my customer has bought licenses for CRM 3.0 and then the upgrade to 4.0.
> Can we now install directly the 4.0 with the latest licenses or are we
> forced to pass through the 3.0 installation and then upgrade it?
> Many thanks in advance
> Bye
> ale

0
FrankLee (144)

PUBLIC CONTACTS #4
I created a publix Contact list for all my users and gave them rights to create but not delet.Also I gave myself fun right . When we creat a new contact and try to save it I get an error: "the item could not be saved to this folder. The folder has been deleted or moved, or you do not have permission. Do you want to save a copy of it in the default folder for the item?" Can anyone help me with this proble ? Thank you!! Mike wrote: > I created a publix Contact list for all my users and gave them rights to > create but not delet.Also I gave myself fun right . > When we...

Disaster Recovery for CRM 1.2
Does anyone have any documentation on the steps to backing up CRM 1.2? We want to make sure we are backing CRM 1.2 up correctly if the server should go down. We were unable to find any documentation on Microsofts website for a step by step backup solution. Right now we are just backing the CRM databases using the scheduler in SQL; is this ALL that is required and if so do we backup ALL of the databases or just certain ones? The owners of the company want to make sure we can restore ALL of the data if needed. -- Thank You, Troy Hi Troy Microsoft have included details of backing...

illegal operation #4
Does anybody know the reason why I get the following message when I'm closing outlook express? "This program has performed an illegal operation and will be shut down. If the problem persists, contact the program vendor" The details of the message are as follows: MSIMN caused an invalid page fault in module KERNEL32.DLL at 017f:bff9db61. Registers: EAX=c00309c4 CS=017f EIP=bff9db61 EFLGS=00010216 EBX=0335fe28 SS=0187 ESP=0331ff18 EBP=033201b4 ECX=00000000 DS=0187 ESI=00000000 FS=64bf EDX=bff76855 ES=0187 EDI=bff79198 GS=0000 Bytes at CS:EIP: 53 8b 15 e4 9c fc bf 56 89 4d e4...

RPC over HTTP problem #3
Hi, All! My network configuration: DC1, DC2 and MX (MS Exchange 2003, sp1). All of them Windows Server 2003. What was done: In the registry on dc1 and dc2 was created a new key: "NSPI Interface protocol sequences" with value: ncacn_http:6004. MX was promoted to be a GC. Installed RPC over HTTP windows component. MX was changed to be RPC-HTTP back-end server. On the MX Default Web Site was installed cerificate from the local authority running on DC2. On the RPC virtual directory anonymous access and integrated windows authentication were disabled. In the registry of MX the key HK...

Outlook Notes #4
How do you change the look of Notes from full-screen to a smaller size. There are no drag handles or "top right hand corner" options. Sounds like you dragged it too big or maximized it. Can you double-click the blue bar at the top? <-*-><-*-><-*-><-*-><-*-><-*-><-*-><-*-> Hope this helps! Anne Troy (better known as Dreamboat) Author: Dreamboat on Word Email: Dreamboat*at*Piersontech.com Web: www.TheOfficeExperts.com "David" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:170d701c420ee$0960a350$a001280a@...

3-Color Scale Vlookup for Current Month/Previous/Pre-Previous
Is it possible to Conditionally Format a cell so that the colors are based off of VLOOKUP's? What I mean is I have a table on another tab and it has by month how complete the build is. I want the conditional format to color the percent of the current month red, percent of previous month yellow and pre-previous month green. I tried putting the formula =("41227-1",BuildData,18,FALSE) as the current, = ("41227-1",BuildData,17,FALSE) as the previous, and = ("41227-1",BuildData,16,FALSE) as the pre-previous. However, it uses only the cells value to colo...

Password Protection #4
I have a password protected sheet. For one of the columns, I have a validation rule and have a list of values that the column can take. I put a password for the sheet and now no can change the sheet except for the column where I have the validation rule. When I click on that column, the small arrow appears and the drop down box appears and I can select a different value and change the cell. All other columns are locked. Cant we protect a column that has a validation rule with a "List" as option? Not that I'm aware. But doesn't the Data|Validation provide the sa...

Just installed new hard drive
I just installed a new hard drive and used the drive's utility program to copy everything from my old drive to the new one. Now Outlook isn't going out to my ISP's server and getting my new messages, and when I send a message I get the "no transport provider available" error. (My connection's just fine.) I looked online for some help. One recommendation was to delete the Personal Folder and create a new one. I did that, but then all the messages I had disappeared and it freaked me out so I didn't want to mess with anything else. How can I make it work ...

IE8 Won't Install
I'm using a Toshiba Satellite laptop running Vista Home Pro, 32 bit. I uninstalled IE8 via Control Panel and now want it back. I downloaded it from Microsoft but when trying to install I get a dialog box that says "setup cannot install Explorer because it has detected a more recent version on my system". What's more recent than IE8? Using Start Button I typed in Internet Explorer and all it shows is 2 items with that name: a folder with only a weird picture of IE8 and a folder for quick launch of my other browsers that doesn't contain Explorer. I ho...

Printing Multiple Copies #4
Hi all - I am using Vista Business and Publisher 2007 from the Office 2007 Small Business package. No matter what type of publication or template I use I can only print single copies. Most recently I tried to print 30 copies of a single page flyer and had to do it a single copy at a time. If I go to File|Print and set the number of copies to 30, I still get a single copy only. Does anyone have any thoughts? Thanks -- Andrew Aitchison (amhsn@nospam.sympatico.ca) Is your printer driver current? What is the default in the printing preferences in the control panel printer folder? ...

http://crm/Reports vs. http://crm/Reportserver
I have several MS CRM reports residing on a SQL Server 2005 that were migrated from 3.0. I can access the reports via the following url: http://crm/Reports then clicking the folder and opening up a report. However, When I try and use http://crm/Reportserver and click on the reports I see the same folder and reports but I get an error message (below) and cannot open any reports? I believe this to be a SRS issue. In the following the GUID appears to be the link and the reports are in a 4.0 folder. Wednesday, April 02, 2008 11:38 AM 23166 {5a8355f1-e300- dd11-a47f-001aa03779ca} ...

I get COMException while exporting chart on IIS 6.0.
I have this code that works perfectly on my development machine when I deployed it at customer site it gets exception. Here is the error and my code: thanks error ========== Exception from HRESULT: 0x800A03EC. Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code. Exception Details: System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException: Exception from HRESULT: 0x800A03EC. Source Error: An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the c...

CRM 4.0 Outlook RPC pver http
hi, A customer already has SBS with CRM server running. Some employees have Outlook configured using RPC over http. These users can use CRM using the web client and need access thru outlook. Is RPC over http supported in CRM 4.0 ? What are the issues involved in getting Outlook to work with CRM 4.0 ? I am yet to review the implementation guide for this situation, any other blog or guide I need to refer ? Thanks in advance. On Aug 14, 1:53=A0am, ShawnK <Sha...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > hi, > > A customer already has SBS with CRM server running. Some employees...

Excel problem #3

Install FrontPage 2003 on Windows 7
i tried several times to install, the program told me it has been installed, but it is not. What can I do. On Thu, 1 Apr 2010 10:48:01 -0700, monising <monising@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >i tried several times to install, the program told me it has been installed, >but it is not. What can I do. Please be more explicit about what you're doing, what you're seeing, and what error messages - if any - you are getting. I have FrontPage 2003 installed on Windows 7 Ultimate x64, and it's working fine. Also, are you installing from original media? A...

Issue installing FRx 6.7 on Windows 2003
I am encountering an unhandled exception error when attempting the installation. The installation prompts for the language, I select English, then Next. The progress bar makes it all the way to the right of the next screen, then I get the above error. This is a brand new quad CPU Dell OS is base WIndows Server 2003 Enterprise, not SP1 Only installed software is: IIS 6.0 (FTP, WWW, MSMQ) CA ArcServe (backup software) SQL 2000 Enterprise, Analysis Services, both at SP3a WinZip Acrobat 6.0 Reader Hello, Can you give us the exact error message you're receiving (all words and numbers fro...

Covert v. 2000 -> v. 2.0

Search #3
Why does Outlook 2003 automatically switch to seach mode within about five seconds after selecting one of the other folders (i.e., Contacts, Tasks, Calendar or Notes)? Pop-ups are also displayed above the search field as well and would like to remove this from Outlook. (After all it is my computer and I do not want to share with unwanted soliciters). This does not happen on any of my installations. Please be more specific with when and how this happens - detail the steps to reproduce the situation as I am unable to do so based on your post. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all repl...

Bank Deposit #3
We would like to suggest being able to create multiple bank deposits from the Bank Deposit Entry window. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?mid=5f3f4cb3-e7f4-4d76-...

Installation question 06-05-07
I have one server with sql2005 running MOSS 2007 (sharepoint) I would like that sql server also to run CRM dynamics 3.0 pro. We are only 5 users and its a rather fast server so we believe it will go fine performance vice. Can I install SRS from the crm3 disk on a SQL2005 ? does it NEED default website and port 80 ? (the MOSS are using that) any help appreciated Hello, I suggest install SQLServer 2005 Reporting Services (SRS) manually using the SQLServer 2005 installation media. Configure SRS to use a different (new) website, having its own application pool. Then during CRM setup speci...

outlook attachments #3
My aunt cannot get her attachments to come up. When you click on the paper clip the file menu comes up. The problem is that when you click on the file itself, it will not open. What should I do. Thanks for your time. Colton Does the attachment line say "OE removed access to the folloing unsafe attachments in your mail: <filename.typ>"? I am having a problem with receiving Excel 5.0 files from my wife. OE 6.0 wont let me receive them :-(, I am stuck on what to do. Does anyone know how to reduce protection limits in OE 6.0? >-----Original Message----- >My aun...

Do money updates install when you're not admin?
I noticed when I first start using money it told me to log on as administrator so that the updates can take effect. Is this true of all money updates? When I see the message "Money update recieved" does that mean it has also been installed or do I have to log in as admin to complete the process? In microsoft.public.money, Brian H wrote: >I noticed when I first start using money it told me to log on as >administrator so that the updates can take effect. Is this true of all money >updates? When I see the message "Money update recieved" does that mean it >has a...

Installing CRM Sales for Outlook
I've installed the Outlook client for one user. That computer is shared with another CRM user but when I attempt to install CRM for Outlook for the second user (under a seperate Exchange profile) I get the message "MS CRM Sales for Outlook is already installed for another user" and the install fails. Has anyone else seen this? Is this by design or is there a work around? Thanks Jamie Jamie the outlook client only supports one user profile. "Jamie Sachs" <jsachs@1to1.com> wrote in message news:8f7001c3459a$51300ed0$a401280a@phx.gbl... > I've insta...