infratructure for 2500 users CRM

I am a Microsoft Partener from Romania and I would like to know how many CRM
Servers is necesary for 2500 users.

----------------
click "I Agree" in the message pane.

http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?mid=ae96447d-6c6f-46b7-9ad5-ec98c2f2c73c&dg=microsoft.public.crm
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

Dana

You need to take a look at the implementation guide I think this will answer
your questions

--
Alistair
2B.net

http://www.crmdeployment.co.uk

"Dana" wrote:

> I am a Microsoft Partener from Romania and I would like to know how many CRM
> Servers is necesary for 2500 users.
>

> ----------------
> click "I Agree" in the message pane.
>
> http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?mid=ae96447d-6c6f-46b7-9ad5-ec98c2f2c73c&dg=microsoft.public.crm

CRM 3 Campaign Workflow
Hi, Is it possible to use the workflow service to create tasks associated with Campaigns. I checked the Campaign entity in the Workflow and when I select action, there is no option to create a task. I can create a manual workflow that creates tasks but I don't see how to link that to the campaign entity. I appreciate your help, feedback and advice. Thank you, Donna Hi Donna - Please check here: http://blogs.msdn.com/crm/archive/2008/01/31/crm-4-0-campaign-vs-quick-campaign-flow-chart.aspx "Donna" wrote: > Hi, > > Is it possible to use the workflow service ...

CRM and Sharepoint 11-04-04
Is there any integration between CRM and Windows Sharepoint Services or Sharepoint Portal Server? Dear Daniele, You can use webparts to load crm pages in sharepoint. you will have to direct the webparts directly to the correct page. for instance, directing it to 'http://servername/sfa/home_conts.aspx' will show the list of all contacts in sharepoint. Other standard integration is not available. With kind regards, Ronald Lemmen Avanade Netherlands "Daniele Romagnoli" wrote: > Is there any integration between CRM and Windows Sharepoint Services or > Sharepoint ...

can there not be mutiple users on outlook?
I am logged in on my name but when I try to send email from outlook (trying to figure out how to use it) it says its coming from my husbands email? Create separate "Identities" - check help. "AprilWhitney" <AprilWhitney@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:277424BA-ED85-4350-A7DF-A34E1D8D9382@microsoft.com... >I am logged in on my name but when I try to send email from outlook (trying > to figure out how to use it) it says its coming from my husbands email? Outlook does not use Identities, it uses profiles, depending on the version and mode,...

Store Operations User's Guide Missing Pages
I'm new to this software and am using Version 2.0. My Store Operation's User's Guide (brand new - out of the box) is missing pages 273-284. How do I obtain a replacement manual? -- Todd Wilson ERC Communications ...

This transaction is being edited by another user ?!
Hello, Everyone: My company is using Great Plains 7.5 for several months. Recently I just found out one invoice can not be edited. When I tried to open it, one message box just poped up; it said "This transaction is being edited by another user". But only myself logged in at that time. So, if anyone knows how to correct this error, please let me know. Thanks in advance. Zach If everyone is logged out, run the following in sql: USE DYNAMICS DELETE SY00800 GO USE tempdb DELETE DEX_LOCK GO DELETE DEX_SESSION GO "Zach" wrote: > Hello, Everyone: > M...

SQL Express 2005 concurrent use of hosted and user instances
We have an application that makes use of a SQL Express 2005 database for temporary storage of transaction data. The database is hosted locally (as the default instance name SQLEXPRESS) and is accessed via TCP using .NET native client support. Over several years and hundreds of installations this was worked flawlessly, until recently. We have been experiencing periodic corruption issues across a large number of related installations. The corruption has been observed in one of two forms: 1) the MDF and LDF files get out of sync. 2) The master database gets damaged rendering...

IE Bombs when accessing sites as standard (non-admin) user on Win2
I have a situation where IE is quitting instantly when a user that isn't in Domain Admins tries accessing any website (internal or external). Server is 2003 Terminal Services with SP2 Client doesn't appear to matter Symptoms: Normal user double-clicks IE which opens, then immediately closes. This is occurring on 5 out of 8 servers in a TS farm! I've found that if I set the default home page to "about:blank" IE opens fine, but as soon as I try to access *any* page at all, it closes instantly. o No errors that I can see in any of the Event Logs. o I...

New users don't get email box when created in Active Directory
When I create a new user on my Windows 2000 server, in Active Directory, I automacticly get the option to create a mailbox for this new user in the Exchange 2003 server. I make sure the option is checked, but when I finish the process of making the new user, the new user doesn't get a mailbox. I'm able to go into the "E-mail Addresses" tab inside the properties box for the new user, and add a New SMTP address for that user. Then I have to go into ADSI Edit to change the "msExchaUserAccountControl" value to 0. ( I did this because I got errors 1022 and 9562 in...

Monthly Billing in CRM 3.0?
Is it possible to create a recurring Monthly Bill? Our company provides monthly service and I am unable to create a Service or a Product that will work. Products - I can create a service product but unable to create a recurring payment or agreement over x amount of months. Service- Only selection is 30 days and this is really only used to support a product or charge a bill able service which we don't do. We only change a flat monthly fee. ...

Add in Streets and Trips to CRM
Hi there, We would like to incorporate Microsoft Streets and Trips within CRM. Is this possible? Our goal is to provide an easy way for Techs to get directions to the Clients site without having to maneuver between multiple applications. What would be ideal is if Streets and Trips software was available from the Account/Contact form. Thank you. Natalie Hi, Natalie, This doesn't exactly answer your question, but you can use Microsoft CRM data and port it over to MapPoint. There is an article that explains this at: http://www.microsoft.com/dynamics/crm/using/sales/salestripplan....

Collation Change on CRM Database
My company is running CRM 4.0 on SQL 2005. The default collation on the server is SQL_Latin1_General_CP1_CI_AS and the CRM Config database is also SQL_Latin1_General_CP1_CI_AS but the CRM database instance was set up with Latin1_General_CI_AS. My life as a database developer would be simpler if all collations were the same...what bad things would happen if CRM is changed to SQL_Latin1_General_CP1_CI_AS? ...

Error font or character email template CRM
hI cOMMUNITY, How i doing about the error font in the email template, because i write email show perfect but later in the client show character error for example:    Please i need trobleshooting that problem ...

Access Denied error received when user tries to set alerts
Scenario: Site collection: NT Authenticated users have read permissions Site: NT Authenticated users have read permissions Document library: Employee has "limited Access" Folder: Employee has Add/Edit permissions (a custom permission level based on the default Contribute permission with delete removed) User trieds to set an alert on the document library FOLDER where they have permissions. They get through the entire configuration page and click ok to set the alerts, and they get an Access Denied error. Where have the permissions been broken to deny the user the ri...

CRM 3.0 on SBS 2003 to CRM 4.0 Upgrade
Any pointers or advise on the above upgrade? Basically have SBS 2003 SP2 running CRM 3.0 and want the most efficient upgrade route. I have R2 upgrade for server which will give me SQl 2005 and CRM4.0 upgrade as well. I'm digging for white papers but haven't found anything fully comprehensive yet. They all deal with just one part. Thanks On Jun 6, 7:46=A0pm, "Pat Horridge" <p...@remove-spam.vet.co.uk> wrote: > Any pointers or advise on the above upgrade? > > Basically have SBS 2003 SP2 running CRM 3.0 and want the most efficient > upgrade route. >...

CRM Integration for Great Plains V1.2 Restored GP database issue
Wonder if anyone has experienced the same problem. I have setup CRM 1.2 and Great Plains 7.5 in a test environment. If I do a clean installation of Great Plains using the sample company (two) and then install the CRM Integration, when I then create a Debtor Account in Great Plains it goes through to CRM. This is fine. If I go through the whole process again, meaning I load CRM, then load Great Plains using a RESTORED company database and then finally load the CRM Integration, then when I create a Debtor Account in Great Plains it does not go through to CRM. It does generate a whole bunch o...

CRM Custom Reports 12-10-07
Does anyone have familiarity with using a CRM report generator that will populate the new custom report as a link inside the CRM report list? I am not talking about the MS SNAP excell reporting tool...attractive, but it is not web enabled like CRM is "out of the box". If so, point me in the right direction. Thanks. you can create your reports in SRS - Visual Studio and upload easily without any configuration. -- Regards, MS CRM Certified Professional http://microsoftcrm3.blogspot.com Chat with me on MSN / Gmail / Skype : ID Is :.. mscrmexpert@gmail.com "Wilfred B...

Opening CRM 3.0 in full screen browser
Hi, When I am opening the CRM in browser mode it is opening as a site in the browser (I can see the address bar) and not as an web application (full screen). Why is it happening in some clients and how it can be fixed ? Thanks in advance, Eddie This is controlled in the web.config on the web server. There is a setting for app mode that needs to be set to On/ -- Matt Parks MVP - Microsoft CRM "Eddie" <Eddie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:DD80F65E-A047-4BFB-8079-B4FF45A7F0BE@microsoft.com... Hi, When I am opening the CRM in browser mode it is op...

Ask a MSFT Expert About CRM Security--This Week
Hello all, Welcome to the first Business Solutions Community discussion held directly in the Microsoft CRM newsgroup. During the week of October 4th, Tanim Ahmed, a Technical Lead on the Microsoft CRM Support Team, will answer questions about troubleshooting CRM security -- right in this newsgroup thread. How is this different than any other week in the newsgroup? While product support experts like Tanim may visit the newsgroup during their workweek to answer customer and partner questions, they don't necessarily solicit questions on a particular topic as we’re doing here. Duri...

Microsoft CRM Platform Error Report:
In CRM 1.2 When trying to create a custom view for Accounts, I get a dialog that pops up saying: Microsoft CRM Platform Error Report: Error Description: The statement has been terminated. Error Details: Detail on this error have not been proivded by the platform. Error Number: 0x80040E2F Source File: Not available Line Number: Not available Query String: /tools/vieweditor/viewManager.aspxobjectTypeCode=1&mode=new I've never had this problem before. I've added plenty of custom views. It happens on the Web Client, on both client and CRM server machines. I tried looking up...

"Track in CRM" button in Outlook Client
A small number of my users are experiencing problems with Outlook freezing when the choose to deselect the 'Track in CRM' button when sending an email in Outlook. Has anyone else experienced this & did they find a solution. The affected users are randomly located across the business and there appears to be no specific common ground. Users are using Outlook 2003 with CRM 4.0 rollup 9. I have users set to "use Outlook to send email" at system level and 'Check incoming email' set to yes and Track set to 'All email messages' at user level options. I ...

CRM ISV product listing
Hello. I've been a Solomon consultant for 19 years, but new to MS CRM. Is anyone aware of a good listing of ISV products and add-ons for MS CRM? Thanks, Mitch Youngerman Insyte Busines Partners myoungerman@insytebusinesspartners.com Here you go: https://www.greatplains.com/partnersource/documents/Partner MSCRM/crmisvsolutions.htm Frank Lee Workopia, Inc. >> Other Microsoft CRM Online Forum Resources: http://www.workopia.com/Links.htm >> Other Microsoft Great Plains Online Forum Resources >-----Original Message----- >Hello. I've been a Solomon consultan...

form monitors users activity on sheet
I have a huge ss and need to work with all of it. There are certain cells in each long row that I'd like to see at all times. I have a "viewer" connected to a hot keyed macro that does just that. The form also allows editing of those cells. Is is possible that the form can be made to follow me while I work on the ss? If I move to row X, the form senses that and get the data from that row. I could install some goto controls on the form, but I rather the form follow my activities while I work on the ss. And I want the form. It has tools that help display and edit complex str...

.NET 2.0 and CRM
Hi all, We had a client that had access to their calenders, then one morning (after their IT guy applied updates to their server, inc .NET 2.0) they could use all parts of CRM but not the calenders. They just recieved a not available error. I read some posts that said that .NET 2.0 when installed on CRM server or workstation can cause the calender to be unavailable. I informed the client to remove .NET 2.0 and put on .NET 1.1 with SP1. He has not yet done that but weirder again it now is available, the following morning, without change. Has anyone seen this or know how/why this ...

MS CRM 1.2 Vs. 1.0
Hello! Is there a web site (or a document) that says the differences between MS CRM 1.0 and 1.2? If not, can anybody describe them in short? Thanks, Doros Nope, and I doubt we'll see that list until it comes out. Everything has been very hush hush, except to a select few non-MS people.............but even to that, their promises don't have a good track history. -Gary "SiEBEN Innovative Solutions" <newsgroup@sieben.gr> wrote in message news:%23jNnIeAkDHA.1408@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl... > Hello! > > Is there a web site (or a document) that says the differenc...