infratructure for 2500 users CRM

I am a Microsoft Partener from Romania and I would like to know how many CRM
Servers is necesary for 2500 users.

----------------
click "I Agree" in the message pane.

http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?mid=ae96447d-6c6f-46b7-9ad5-ec98c2f2c73c&dg=microsoft.public.crm
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

Dana

You need to take a look at the implementation guide I think this will answer
your questions

--
Alistair
2B.net

http://www.crmdeployment.co.uk

"Dana" wrote:

> I am a Microsoft Partener from Romania and I would like to know how many CRM
> Servers is necesary for 2500 users.
>

> ----------------
> click "I Agree" in the message pane.
>
> http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?mid=ae96447d-6c6f-46b7-9ad5-ec98c2f2c73c&dg=microsoft.public.crm

Security Setting in CRM 3.0
I have just installed CRM 3.0 and am having trying to assign/update security roles. Some of our users needs to apply workflow rules to various types of entities and I am unable to figure out what security setting in 3.0 refers to workflows. Right now they are receiving the std error: "You do not have enough privileges....." Check out the Process Instance and Process part of the the customization tab for the security role ======================= John O'Donnell Microsoft CRM MVP http://codegallery.gotdotnet.com/crm "kathyc" <kathyc@discussions.microsoft.co...

Dynamics CRM-Accounting Pro 2007
Why is there not a connector for CRM to Account Pro 2007? Especially since there is one from CRM to business contact manager?! I thought microsofts big plan was to integrate everything, yet these two softwares, which would seem like a perfect fit to me, do not even talk to each other. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Ne...

Multiple Users desiring separate inbox and calendar
I have set up 2 users on one PC using Microsoft 2000/Windows 98. I thought when I set this up, each user would have their own inbox and calendar. However, I have realized that they are still the same inbox and calendar. Have I missed a step somewhere? Thanks in advance for any help. kay (tn) wrote: > I have set up 2 users on one PC using Microsoft 2000/Windows 98. I > thought when I set this up, each user would have their own inbox and > calendar. However, I have realized that they are still the same inbox > and calendar. Have I missed a step somewhere? Thanks in advance ...

Deliver mail from one address to multiple users?
Is it possible to configure Exchange 2003 to send (or forward) email that comes in for a certain email address to two different users on our system? If so, how can I make this happen? For example, we have an email address "sales@mycompany.com" and we have two different users "User1" and "User2" who both need to see the messages that are sent to this particular address. Of course they both still have their own individual email accounts that do not need to be shared. Currently, this sales address is configured as an additional SMTP address for User1, but if ...

Fiscal year templates in CRM
My Company has a Fiscal Year with 12 periods. Each period varies (5wks,4wks,4wks). The existing FY Templates automatically force dates on me that I cannot change when I edit a user's quota. Is there any way we can create a new Fiscal Year Template? Thanks for you feedback. ...

QuickBooks and MS Small Business Accounting Integration with CRM 3
This question has come up a few times but it doesn't seem like anyone has been able to give it a decent answer, so I'll pose it again since we've had several customers ask for it. Is there any ISV out there that has developed an integration solution between CRM 3.0 and QuickBooks and/or MS Small Business Accounting? Customers expect MS to at least provide integration between SBA and CRM but the only thing we've seen is GP9. It seems logical enough to the customers that have asked for it that MS would support their own product and not rely on ISVs for that. By only pro...

Prevent users from accessing mailbox
I am trying to migrate mailboxes from a 5.5 server to a 2003 server and want to prevent the users from access the mailboxes on the 5.5 server during the migration. Aside from isolating the servers from the site network is there a way to do this? If you do it right they can't access the old one because it does not exist. When done properly the old mailbox is "moved" to the new server,...it does not exist in both servers at the same time. -- Phillip Windell [MCP, MVP, CCNA] www.wandtv.com "MikeR" <outriderx@news.postalias> wrote in message news:OjZu%23ofZFHA...

crm 3.0 add user from AD error: 0x80041D2C
from where start search problem fix? fool error msg: Microsoft CRM Unhandled Error Details: Server Error in '/' Application. -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Exception from HRESULT: 0x80041D2C. Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code. Exception Details: System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException: Exception from HRESULT: 0x80041D2C. Source Error: An unhandled exception was gen...

Multiple installations in one Domain?? MS CRM 1.2!
Hello, we have the following problem: We need a MS CRM of 1.2 server for some tests. We had installed a 1.2 Server in former times. We have since deinstalled the Server. Now we wanted to install CRM on another server. But MS CRM 1.2 wants to start the services of the first server. We have problems with the access to the ActiveDirectory. But we have all rights! A tried Redeployment breaks off while connecting the IIS. Any ideas? Greetings, Stefan I responded on the crm sandbox site. ======================= John O'Donnell Microsoft CRM MVP http://codegallery.gotdotnet.com/crm "...

Relationship mapping help (CRM 4.0)
Hi, I've created a new field in Lead and Account sections. The idea is that the user creates a lead and fills in this text field (nvarchar, length 25). I've edited the relationship mapping from Lead to Account so the related field in Account is filled in when the Lead is converted to an Account. I also want the field editable in the Account form so that it can be altered later on. I've created 4 new fields in both Lead and Account (all are simple text fields), and 3 of them work but the 4th mapping doesn't. I get the error message asking me to check a list of things but...

deleted all users from a sub site
We created a sub site to test the different options available in SharePoint as well as to try and see what things the users could do that would cause us problems. For one sub site all of the user groups were removed from the site...which instantly gave me no access to the sub site. when I request access it sends the email to me, but I can't go in and approve it. I can't delete the testing sub site because it says it still has its own sub site...yet I cannot see it or access it. so I have two questions... How can I get back into that sub site to delete it and how do...

Custom default permissions on user calendar
Hi every peeps, Does anyone know if it is possible, either via a script or default setting so that by default everyone has reviewer rights to everyone else's calendar. Any samples or third party products (not too expensive) would be appreciated. Thx In news:6B58FE81-A587-42E6-87E6-28F10C69B48D@microsoft.com, fredbloggs <fredbloggs@news.postalias> typed: > Hi every peeps, > > Does anyone know if it is possible, either via a script or default > setting so that by default everyone has reviewer rights to everyone > else's calendar. > > Any samples or third...

Incoming mail to crm activity. Where does it go?
I have installed the email router on our Exchange server. Now I am able to sen outgoing mails from CRM that gets a guid to it. But when i reply to the mail I cant find the mail in any activity. No error messages what so ever. When we try to send a mail to a user in CRM and promote it to a crm activity it does not appear anywhere either. Exchange server is the only email server in the org. Could someone lead us to the right track? thanx ´┐Żyvind uhmmmm.........first off an CRM email is a CRM activity,...same thing second, have you tried doing a search for these emails? were they properly fil...

CRM Sales for Outlook
OK, I have CRM 1.2 installed on an SBS2003 box. I have CRM Sales for Outlook installed on a client. I have installed the security rollup on both client and server. I open Outlook - am I supposed to see something? -- )))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))) Bob Anderson, Anderson Computer Services Ontario, Canada You should have a toolbar with CRM Email, CRM Contact, CRM Appointment, CRM Task, Promote E-Mail to CRM Activity. If you don't have this toolbar, you may need to re-add the COM add-in Go to Tools, Options, Other, COM Add-in - If the Microsoft CRM Ou...

How can I Prevent some exchange 2003 users from sending external email.
I am trying to prevent some users from sending external internet email. I was able to accomplish this with Exchange 5.5 by adding the users to the reject messages from in the internet mail service. I can not figure out how to accomplish this same task under exchange 2003. Regards, Tony You can do this on via the SMTP connector. See http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=KB;EN-US;319426 for more info. -- Denis McDowell [MSFT] "Tony" <none@none.com> wrote in message news:uDJRRseLEHA.1484@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl... > I am trying to prevent some users from sending ...

Survival Guide for Microsoft Money users
An in-depth look at some of the options Microsoft Money users have now that the software is being abandoned: http://www.usatoday.com/money/perfi/columnist/krantz/2009-07-06-microsoft-money_N.htm ...

How to deactivate CRM Tags in emails subject line ("CRM 01564000)
Hello, Whenever I send an email, my clients receive an email with a tag at the end of the subject line like CRM: 000452600 . This is really unprofessional and I want to remove it . Do you know how to do that ? Thanks That is for email tracking, if you disable it, the email will not tracking in CRM. -- Jim Wang Business Solutions Engineer MCSE, MCDBA, Microsoft CRM Professional United Kingdom "Raphael B" wrote: > Hello, > > Whenever I send an email, my clients receive an email with a tag at the end > of the subject line like CRM: 000452600 . This is real...

Hardware Req for CRM *SQL Server* Repost
We are having issues with our SQL Server and CRM. CRM Server is on another box - SQL Server is on dual PIII 700 box w/2G ram.... We are getting "security descriptors cannot be updated" when updating roles and while using Workflow to email 100 emails for newly created leads we get "deadlock" and/or "Lock:Timeout" issues. Is anyone else getting the same errors and may I ask a role call on what everyone's SQL Server hardware is like? MS says we have a hardware issue and we want to make sure before we buy another server. THANKS! Kristina We have CRM install...

MS CRM 3.0 Beta Program
Hi - Can anyone advise me on the availability of a beta program for CRM3.0, and if so how to join? Many thanks! -- Ian The Beta is supposed to be available to Microsoft partners towards the end of September as a download or an orderable CD. You'll need to be a partner to get it, I believe. -- Matt Wittemann http://icu-mscrm.blogspot.com "Ian" wrote: > Hi - Can anyone advise me on the availability of a beta program for CRM3.0, > and if so how to join? > > Many thanks! > -- > Ian ...

CRM Mobile Registration problem
Hi Wondering if someone can help? I have installed CRM Mobile on a SBS 2003 server running CRM using my own certification authority. Followed the instructions and everything seemed to go ok until I try to register the mobile device. It just sits there with the message "Please wait while CRM mobile complete the registration process" but never goes any further. The CRMMobileErrorlog repeats the following error. [TIM]09/18/2004 08:42:23 [CMP]rdaMsgBusErrorTrace [LVL]0 [EVT]0 [TXT]Exception details : Message : Could not find resource assembly Exception Contents : System.N...

CRM Email Router: "The parameter is incorrect" errors in eventlog
Hello, I have the following setup of the CRM Email Router: We have a "Customer Support" mailbox on Server A. Mails are being sent to this mailbox from external addresses, but also from other internal users, who reside on server A as well. So, if I put the CRM Email router on Server A, some of the internal mails will not be caught. Thus, we decided to create a "CRM Support" mailbox on Server B, and auto-forward all mails from the "Customer Support" mailbox to the "CRM Support" mailbox. This is done via Exchange Server redirection, so that the send...

Users in DB
Hi I have a database in a shared location with multiple users accessing it. Is there any way for me to know who's is currently accessing it. Thanks for any help -- _______________________ Naz, London Naz, Try the CurrentUser function. -- hth Al Campagna Microsoft Access MVP http://home.comcast.net/~cccsolutions/index.html "Find a job that you love... and you'll never work a day in your life." "Naz" <Naz@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9036276B-A449-4AB3-ABCC-863B78D270DB@microsoft.com... > Hi > > I ha...

a question about creating mailbox enabled users in AD
Let's say i have 1 2k server that is a DC and one 2k member server. i have exchange 2000 installed on the member server and the member server is of course part of the DC's domain. i thought that i could just go into AD Users and Computers on the domain controller, create a new user account and that i would get the option to create them a mailbox as well. But i never got the screen that has the check box in it to create the new user a mailbox. it was not until i went to the exchange box, brought up an MMC and threw AD Users and Computers in it, and created the new user from there that i...

Dynamics CRM 4.0
Hi, Does anybody know anything about Campaigns and Marketing lists? Do you have to set up a new marketing list for each campaign you create? What about if some of the targets are contacts and others leads? does that mean 2 new Marketing lists per Campaign. The list could get confusing and difficult to manage unless you apply some sensibly naming convension. Thanks What I know if from getting certified *2 years ago* but not real world work (no work with Marketing needs). Marketing glists are set up and pre-defined in other words you manage a Marketing List and its members. Your marketing...

Change MS CRM 3.0 Install Account
I have a client who has MS CRM 3.0 installed and running but it was installed using the domain administrator account. "Administrator" Is there a way to change the install so it no longer has the Administrator account as the install account? They have created another account. MSCRMInstall which was supposed to be used for the install. Also in 1.2 and 1.0 there were a few special circumstances when the install account was needed to be used. Is there any circumstances like that in MS CRM 3.0 or could I just add MSCRMInstall as an MS CRM system administrator and disable the ins...