Information about all Access and Privileges

Hi,

Do we have any documentation which describes in detail all the privileges.

For eg I would like to know what effect will 'Import Configuration' have?
Is there some document which describes all these privileges?

Regards
Anurag

0
Anurag
2/8/2006 3:03:06 AM
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

no, there is no such document although I have made the suggestion to MS that
it would be useful as there are many undocumented interactions in security
roles

=======================
John O'Donnell
Microsoft CRM MVP
http://codegallery.gotdotnet.com/crm

"Anurag" <anurag_rastogi02@infosys.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> Do we have any documentation which describes in detail all the privileges.
>
> For eg I would like to know what effect will 'Import Configuration' have?
> Is there some document which describes all these privileges?
>
> Regards
> Anurag

0
John

Exported data from Access won't format
I have used the Text to Column feature, but the date column that I have imported into Excel is still in a funky text format. Will not allow me to change it. Any idea? inserting a column next to the date and multipling by one then formatting as date may work if not try the following macro - select the date cells and run the macro. if none of these work give me an example of the date format ou have as you can usually alter the macro to get excel to pick up dates properly Sub FixCells() Dim cell As Range For Each cell In Selection cell.Value = cell.Value Next cell End Su...

Copying Information
> This message is in MIME format. Since your mail reader does not understand this format, some or all of this message may not be legible. --B_3350283589_2423585 Content-type: text/plain; charset="ISO-8859-1" Content-transfer-encoding: 8bit Hello everyone, I'm having trouble copying data from a table ( st ) in one db ( tecnicil_industria1 ) to the same table in a different db ( tecnicil_ind2010r ). Below is my query and the result error I'm getting. Can any help on how to go about doing this: Use tecnicil_ind2010r Go insert into st select * from te...

Remote Access for CRM 3.0 Sales for Outlook
I'm using Outlook with RPC over HTTP and I'm looking for a good way to use CRM 3.0 for Laptops over the web. I'd like to avoid VPN at this stage and it's vital that these sync up often because we are using the service module heavily. I would also like to get it to run on PC's not joined to the domain. Does anyone have any tips for doing either of these? The app does not work with an RPC over HTTP connecion. There is more to it than just the Exchange connection as the app needs to communicate with the CRM Server as well. You might be able to figure it out, but ther...

outlook web access
Hello, Thanks in advance for your help. I am using outlook web access. When I attempt to reply to a message, the text box just has a box with a red "X" in the top left corner. The same thing happens when I open a new message. Any ideas? Amy "Amy" <Amy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:FEA46A8B-3116-4850-BE0F-AB2B9590F20A@microsoft.com... > Thanks in advance for your help. I am using outlook web access. When I > attempt to reply to a message, the text box just has a box with a red "X" > in > the top left corner. The same t...

Access startup commands to convert file??
Does anyone know a command I can run from start, run that will open an acess database (mine has 22 tables) minimized and open say table #2, then run a macro that selects all that data in table #2 and saves it as a comma or tab delimited text file. I have an access 2000 file created by a custom program that creates this access file and it's structure can't be altered but I can open it and export the table manually but would like to provide a 1 button solution to my endusers, once it's in that text file I can do what I need to with it. Thanks Ray Pistey There is a command lin...

Accessing/Changing Keywords externally via Office 2004 mdimporter
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: intel Is there a way to access and/or change the Keywords metadata for Excel and Word (Office 2004) without opening the application? I had a programmer write a program that accesses and changes the keywords metadata (without opening the application) for Microsoft Office 2008 files, iWork files, RTF files, PDF files, and a couple of others. It works great (and it only adds 1 second to modified data - so essentially there's no change - the 1 second is so that Chronosync will see the change.) Anyway, my programmer is now una...

Access query
I have a access query that I would like to show in my excel spreadsheet. Is there a way to insert? In the destination workbook, choose Data>Import External Data>New Database Query Click on MS Access Database as the data source, and click OK Select the database with the list, and click OK In the Query Wizard, select your query, and click the > button, to add the columns to the query Click Next, three times, then click Finish. Select a starting cell for the imported list, and click OK Right-click a cell in the imported list, and click Data Range Properties Add a check mark to R...

OWA attachments crashing Information Store
We're running Windows Server 2003 and Exchange 2003 (both are fully patched and up to date). Whenever a user attaches a file using OWA, the Information Store crashes and the following event is logged in Exchange: ---------------------------------------- Application eventlog: Event Type: Error Event Source: MSExchangeIS Event Category: General Event ID: 9673 Description: An exception with code 0xc00000fd was thrown in module C:\WINDOWS\system32\ntdll.dll; some parameters and their values were <Exception address - 57fffffd>. A significant section of the call stack is in the data...

Access X Excel
If any one know web pages or information comparing between access and Excel (data base ) Please tell me Because many people ask me many time I can do data base in Excel and I don't know how to advice him to move to access Thank you Excel is a spreadsheet, Access is a database. If a person does not know the difference between the two, there is little hope for them. Advise them to read a book on software development. -Dorian "a" wrote: > If any one know web pages or information comparing between access and Excel > (data base ) > > Please tell me > &g...

export from Access to Excel has created problems with
I am a new user with vision impairment, so it is extremely likely that I missed the help that has already been offered. For that I apologize and thank you for your input. I was working on a database in Access, but was having a problem because of my vision. It was suggested that I would have better luck working in Excel and since I have worked with it before I decided to try. I exported my worksheet to Excel but when I openned it in Excel I immediately noticed something was very different. It is as though every cell has been "formatted as a mini document, complete ith "wrap ...

sbs 2003 web access
I just installed SBS 2003 with Exchange. When any remote user log’s into the Web Access it’s not loading the entire page with icon’s etc. This is happening to all users who try it. Here’s a screen shot to view http://www.gt350.net/ebaypics/web.JPG Ray You did not install w2k3 SP1 right? Here is the complete issue list: http://www.exchangeinbox.com/articles/003/sp1issuelist.htm cheers, Alexander Zammit Software Development Consultant Check out, ExchangeInbox.com the new MS Exchange Resource site at http://www.exchangeinbox.com/ "frwgt350" <frwgt350@discussions.microsof...

accessing another users mailbox from administrator account.
How can access someonle else mailbox from Administrators account throug OWA. i have no problem to accesss this from out look. thanks in advance. When going to OWA specify the mailbox you want to get into in the URL, for instance http://<servername>/exchange/<mailbox alias>. Then put your admin account and password in the logon screen. -Peter "thushya" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9e8201c486e5$97ed4a80$a501280a@phx.gbl... > How can access someonle else mailbox from Administrators > account throug OWA. > i have no problem t...

Problems getting access to my emails
I am having trouble getting into my eamils, when I go to open or delete an email a meesage bar appears telling me that for my protection you sometimes ask to sign in again, when I click the link a message appears saying that the webpage you are trying to view is trying to close the window, wether I click yes or no nothing happens and I am still unable to access my emails. You need to ask your question at www.windowslivehelp.com . The group is for Windows Live Mail questions. -- Ron Sommer MS MVP- Windows Live Mail "Michael Smith" <Michael Smith@discussions.micros...

Open an excel spreadsheet and run a macro from Access VB
I have an Access 2007 database that creates an Excel spreadsheet via the DoCmd.OutputTo method. The method creates and opens the Excel spreadsheet. Is there any way to have Access run an Excel macro from another spreadsheet in the one that was just created? (I need Access to create DataSpreadsheet, open DataSpreadsheet, then run a macro from MacroSpreadsheet in DataSpreadsheet) I'm not sure if you run Excel code in Access, per se, but why don't you just put your excel code inside of an access module??? Make sure you set a reference to Excel, and then run this cod...

Unable To Access Group Policies
Greetings All- And happy holidays... I need to remove the option to install downloaded updates from the shut down options in Windows XP with the Group Policies and unfortunately whenever this is attempted by typing gpedit.msc in the Run command a pop-up box says that Windows cannot find the file gpedit.msc. Could anyone please help...? Windows XP Service Pack 2 Elaine Beauxrauxgard-Weiderhoff NJITGS wrote: > I need to remove the option to install downloaded updates from the shut > down options in Windows XP with the Group Policies and unfortunately > w...

access 97 converting problems
We have just converted our workstations fronm nt4 to 2k but still running access 97 databases when i try to look at code in any report i get an error message "instruction at 'ox77fcb317' referenced memory at 'ox26c000d4' memory could not be written " Help - has anybody got any ideas.... ...

a form the shows information from another table
I want to make a form for a library where I scan in the book barcode and automatically it will show on some part of the form the name and author of the book. Then I can scan in the student ID to check out that book. Thanks for any guidance. ...

Print or save custom form without sender's information
Recently I created my first form in Outlook to be used for our company's “Suggestion Box” Public Folder. It’s a custom form which was modified from a Post form. The idea was that our employees would be more likely to provide feedback if it were as simple as sending an e-mail, rather than having to take the time to leave their desks and fill out a hard copy form to drop into an actual suggestion box. In an effort to keep the information anonymous, I was able to remove the “From” field in the form and create a custom view in the Public Folder so that no one in the office could see ...

Why Can't I Access Internet Links
I use Windows XP and IE 7 and suddenly one day I was unable to access internet links that were sent to me thru regular emails to my Microsoft Outlook. Any idea how to fix it? Thanks. What happens when you try? Any error messages? Hal -- Hal Hostetler, CPBE -- hhh@kvoa.com Senior Engineer/MIS -- MS MVP-Print/Imaging -- WA7BGX http://www.kvoa.com -- "When News breaks, we fix it!" KVOA Television, Tucson, AZ. NBC Channel 4 Live at Hot Licks - www.badnewsbluesband.com "amirstal" <amirstal@gmail.com> wrote in message news:d7decb35-157c-4438-82bd-24a2536d347f@m36g2...

can't access public folders with OWA
Hi, I have Windows Server 2003 and Exchange Server 2003 Installed everything works fine, except when trying to access Public folders via Outlook Web Access, after going to the location its asks for username and password - this works ok and the folder is displayed, but when trying to add a folder or post a note or do anything I get: You are not authorized to view this page You might not have permission to view this directory or page using the credentials you supplied. I have tested on client machines, remote machine and the exchange server as administrator with no luck. does anyone have any...

Access 2000 running under Windows 7 XP mode
My town is looking into purchasing a new laptop to also run the primary application on the current desktop. The application is an Access 2000 database (front-end & data DBs on the same system/drive/directory). The app has been running fine on the XP for 10 years. The development of the app was done by a volunteer in our small town of 220. The town therefore will not be upgrading the app or the version of Access. Has anyone successfully run Access 2000 on a Windows 7 w/XP mode system? If so, any issues (DLL's, libraries, VB6, etc)? Thanks Jim T. Remember, XP mode i...

SBS2008
Have a customer who has a telephone system that uses an IMAP connectionj to the users Inbox to pick up voicemails. Since upgrading from Exchange 2003 (SBS2003) to Exchange 2007 (SBS2008) this has stopped working. Users userrnames and passwords are still the same. I've setup Outlook to make an IMAP connection to their mailbox but this doesn't appear to work, I guess this is why their telephone can't logon either. I just get a box come up prompting for a username and password ?? Is their more to it in Exchange 2007 than just doing the regular Outlook IMAP set...

Exchange 2007 Error Updating Free/Busy Information
Here's the Message we're receiving in our event log. The Messaging environment was moved from Exchange 2000 to 2007. "Error updating public folder with free/busy information on virtual machine EXCHSVR. The error number is 0x80040115" This error looks like it started after the DST Time change. Any ideas? ...

Adding Contact information to a form
Hello - I am trying to get multiple contact entitys to display on a custom entity form. I have created a custom entity called 'Special Account information' It has a number of custom attributes that we do not wish to add directly to the account record. It is the child of the Account entity. I have made the Contact entity a referential child of 'Special Account Information' so it can have its own contacts, whether entered new or selected from the existing contacts in the system. I am working with the main application form. I am displaying all the custom attributes f...

need document properties statistics revision information
using excel 2000 pro in document properties; statistics tab; bottom half of info i do see "last saved by" info but cannot find help on how to get the "revision number" and "total editing time" information.. can anyone help me with this.. I would like to set it up so that it is automatically entered for every document i create and not have to recreate for every file.. thanks ...