Indexing Service 07-09-03

Does Indexing Services need to be running only during the
CRM Sales for Outlook installation or does it need to be
running at all times on the client computer?

0
JawKnee
7/9/2003 5:03:07 PM
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

All times

"JawKnee" <jfle37@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Does Indexing Services need to be running only during the
> CRM Sales for Outlook installation or does it need to be
> running at all times on the client computer?

0
John
7/9/2003 5:05:09 PM
Maybe I am wrong

just disabled the indexing service on my client computer and sales for
outlook still runs. I am running the new June edition of the sales for
outloko client

"John O'Donnell" <csharpconsulting@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> All times
>

> "JawKnee" <jfle37@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> > Does Indexing Services need to be running only during the
> > CRM Sales for Outlook installation or does it need to be
> > running at all times on the client computer?

0
John
7/9/2003 5:11:32 PM
Looking in the Computer Manager on my machine, it looks
like they are just using it for CRM help.  Not sure what
it would affect to turn it off.

 -Matt

0
Matt
7/9/2003 6:09:43 PM
that would make sense

i'll turn it back on just to be safe :-)

thanks for the response
"Matt Appler" <mappler@NOOOSPAMFORME.cox.net> wrote in message
> Looking in the Computer Manager on my machine, it looks
> like they are just using it for CRM help.  Not sure what
> it would affect to turn it off.
>
>  -Matt

0
John

Password box comes up when starting Outlook 07
I have SBS 2008 installed, and my Users are connected after running the Connect wizard to connect to the domain. When starting Outlook, we're getting teh "Connect to domainname.com" box, and the password won't take. For the user name, I've tried "domainname\Username", just the user name, but no matter which I try, the password or user name is not accepted. I eventually just cancel out of this box. I'm perplexed as to why this is popping up at all, and why the password won't work. Thanks for any suggestions. Geordie You probably need Upda...

SUMPRODUCT 11-25-09
I the following is a nice formula: =SUMPRODUCT((A6:A20007=A20012)*(B6:B20007=B20012)*(D6:D20007=D20012)*(F6:F20007)) Then I wanted to do a SUMPRODUCT() on items beginning with "42" and someone in the newsgroup told me: =SUMPRODUCT((A6:A20010=A20015)*ISNUMBER(MATCH(B20015&"*",B6:B20010,0))*(D6:D20010=D20015)*(F6:F20010)) Where B20015 has "42". I was thinking I would like to expand this a litte and what if I wanted to do a group, for instance: "4100 ; 4200 ; 4300 ; 5115 ; 6050" The data is in A6 to F20007 and what I have done is ...

Recipient update service #6
Hi all I have two exchagne 2003 servers in the sameadmin group and routing group, when i try to create a new repient update service on any one of the exchange servers i cant i get an error "invaild argument" what can i do to troubleshoot this issue? Thanks On Tue, 21 Jun 2005 12:53:01 -0700, "skip" <skip@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Hi all > >I have two exchagne 2003 servers in the sameadmin group and routing group, >when i try to create a new repient update service on any one of the exchange >servers i cant i get an error "invaild...

e-mail won't display in outlook '03
just switching over to using outlook. i have followed the instructions for getting e-mail to display in outlook several times. it won't work for my personal domain/e-mail or my hotmail (not that that's a suprise!). Is there something else in outlook I need to click to have the added e-mails displayed as separate inboxes? what type of mail accounts? Did you configure Hotmail as http or using the Outlook connector? -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Author, Google and Ot...

Composite Index Creation Needed SQL 2008?
I have a table with only a simple int pk. I do a merge operation and need to compare several columns in order to know if I need to 'when not matched then insert'. There are 20,000 rows+ in the source table (a temp table) and a few million in the destination table. The table schemata are the same. I know the approx number of unique values in each table, and think I need to create a unique index across all of the columns. Is that true? What is the right syntax for doing that? -- ColumnA: 167 unique values in #temptable -- ColumnB: 1 unique values in #temptable -- ColumnC: 1...

Exchange Server 5.5, all Services keep stoping
It has been a more than a week our exchange 5.5 (nt4.0) server having problem. Keep stoping all the services (NT serve seems to be very very slow)Get the error message on the event log "Error oxffffbd3 occured during a back ground cleanup on attachment 11-1569dr" Couldn't find anything on microsoft knowledge base. pls. help. thanks s Please check both your application and system logs. If the Exchange services stop, normally events would be logged. Even if they are generic events that simply say the service stopped. Also please post the complete event id source and descrip...

hi 07-18-10
ghv hk ...

Marketing List Members 07-11-07
I'm working with marketing list at the moment and we have most of our cusotmers set upo as accounts with their employees as contacts, however we also work with some freelancers who only exist as contacts. Therefore, my list really needs to be a mixture of contacts & accounts, however I seem to only be able to choose fomr either/or. Is there a way around this please? You should be able to add more than one list to your campaign, so it's not ideal but it's OK to maintain these in separate lists. "Stephen" wrote: > I'm working with marketing list at the ...

Motorola Q service outside of firewall
Alas, I need to open firewall ports to accomodate a Motorola Q phone that will not sync with a USB cable. What ports would need to be opened in this case? Thanks Harry "Alright Brain, you don't like me, and I don't like you. But lets just do this, and I can get back to killing you with - Homer Simpson If you're using Exchange ActiveSync all it needs is SSL (TCP 443), which you may already have opened for OWA. -- Bharat Suneja MVP - Exchange www.zenprise.com NEW blog location: www.exchangepedia.com/blog ---------------------------------------------- "har...

Field Service Inventory Transfer
Good Afternoon, I go to Transactions--> Service Call Management--> Inventory Transfers. Then I bring up a document and change the 'To Site ID' . When I put in a 'QTY Picked' and save the document. The document also changes the 'Qty Ordered' to zero. Why does it change the quantity ordered field? I am told that in past versions the quantity ordered field didn't change (we are using 9.00.0294). If this is true can any setting be changed so that the quantity order field doesn't change when changing the 'To site ID' and the entering a 'Qty...

Outlook 2007 and CRM 07-07-06
I know it's Beta but the number of people using Outlook 07 or wanting to play with it at least is pretty high and the dang CRM client install doesn't see 07 as a supported Outlook. How about a client update fix for this before January. Not likely. I don't want the CRM team wasting time shipping patches for an ever changing Beta environment when they should be concetrating on other, more valuable, tasks. -- Matt Parks MVP - Microsoft CRM "John Q" <user@aol.com> wrote in message news:eYul87doGHA.4996@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... I know it's Beta but the...

Excel 04-07-10
When I type a line in Excel the printing gravitates to the top of the line and not the bottom. How do I change that? Format --> Cell --> [Alignment] tab and choose the Vertical Alignment setting you want: top, center, bottom, justified or distributed. "patcher" wrote: > When I type a line in Excel the printing gravitates to the top of the line > and not the bottom. How do I change that? Format the cells to have bottom alignment in the Horizontal option. Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Wed, 7 Apr 2010 07:58:01 -0700, patcher <patcher@discussion...

Simple hack to get $800 to your home at http://mastidunia.tk Due to high security risks,i have hidden the cheque link in an image. in that website on left side below search box, click on image and enter your name and address where you want to receive your cheque.please dont tell to anyone. ...

Phone Number Input Mask 08-10-07
Hi. I tried editing the input mask property for my PhoneNumber field without success. I want the input mask to be: 999-999-999 - no parenthesis, just the dashes as placeholders. "JamesJ" <jjy@adelphia_darwin.net> wrote in message news:e7ONHm02HHA.3900@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... > Hi. I tried editing the input mask property for my > PhoneNumber field without success. > I want the input mask to be: > 999-999-999 - no parenthesis, just the dashes as placeholders. > > How about: 000\-000\-0000 -- Smitty Somerset, PA Worked like champ. Thanks much &...

Service Pack 3 Problems
I did a recent reformat on my computer and have been progressing through the necessary updates for windows over the past two days. All have loaded on fine except for service pack 3. At first I disabled the antivirus system I have on the computer, attempted another install which too fail. I then went online and access the information found on the microsoft site, (http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx/kb/949377?p=1). I then continued to follow the steps listed in the advanced section, Method 1: Reset the registry and the file permissions. This did not work, even after res...

Automation 11-13-07
I am working with Access 2003. I need to view a pdf file and I open it by launching Adobe Reader using fHandleFile FName, WIN_NORMAL using code from http://www.utteraccess.com/forums/printthread.php?Cat=&Board=90&main=305631&type=thread but the fHandleFile function is widely available from many sites. I now need to be able to close the Adobe Reader when an option in Access is selected. How do I close another Windows application from inside an Access module. Alex Sound complicated for nothing. Why not simply use docmd.followhyperlink "pathtofile\filename.pdf" as f...

CreateProcess fails in windows service
I'm creating a windows service using visual studio .Net. I have a server program that handles some network messages. I want to create a service that runs this server program when the computer starts. The program does have a UI, but I don't care about the UI (it does what I need it to do without any UI updating). In the OnStart() function, I basically have a call to CreateProcess() that runs my server. The service seemed to install fine. When I try to start the service in the visual studio Server Explorer, however, I get this error message: Couldn't perform the requested operation...

Plugin Asynchronous service question
Hi all, I would like to know, when does the asynchronous service runs? And is this latent time configurable? And if so where can it be configured? I created a postcreate plugin, but then nothing happens? How does this work? Also, if I want to garantee an order of operations in post plugins, I read that I must use synchronous instead of asynchronous, is this true? I mean if asynchrounous has an internal queue, it should be used to garantee order, or I'm I totally wrong? Thanks and best regards, Paulo Fonseca Hi I also created a post-update plugins for accounts and nothing seems t...

Error 0x80070021 In Outlook 07 (Vista)
Help! I've downloaded the backup tool because I have to send my laptop in to HP yet again. However, when I try to backup my current email file, I get this message: Error 0x80070021: The process cannot access the file because another process has locked a portion of the file. When this message comes up, I have no other programs opened manually - ie there may be something getting in the way from the Startup menu, but I don't know about it. Any help greatly appreciated! Why not simply copy your data files, with outlook closed, that all the backup tool does, other...

moving crm to new domain 01-09-04
Our client has been using 1.1 on small business server 2000 in a 'lab' environment with one user license. they now are ready to install crm on their new sbs 2003 domain controller, different active directories, etc. of course. since this techknowledge ID 30438 confirms that you can't do it by just moving the databases, i suppose the only way is by an export and then an import? the data that they have in the system today when it is moved will still need to only be owned by one user. new data will be added after they move the current data and then add more licenses. If you have b...

Sample data wizard not starting up 02-26-07
I have successfully installed CRM 3.0 on a W2003 SP1 box with SQL2000 SP4. When I try to run the sample data wizard nothing happens but this line is added to the logfile: Sample Data Wizard started at 2/25/2007 3:02:41 PM Error occurred while trying to retrieve the users from the Active Directory Domain - 2/25/2007 3:02:48 PM The type initializer for "Microsoft.Crm.Tools.SampleDataWizard.ChooseUserForm" threw an exception. - 2/25/2007 3:02:48 PM Sample Data Wizard completed at - 2/25/2007 3:02:48 PM Does anybody have any idea what might cause this, the wizard has wor...

CRM Security Service not starting on reboot
Hello, I have CRM 1.2 installed on my SQL Server. I schedule it to reboot automatically once per week using scheduled tasks, just to make sure the automatic updates keep getting applied. The CRM security service refuses to start automatically - generates the: "The service did not respond to the start or control request in a timely fashion." I've created the dependancy on the SQL Service, but it still does this. Everything else on the server starts fine and when I manually start the service... no problem. I know this is service is notorious for this problem. Surely s...

problem consuming my service
'project with web service <webmethod()> _ public function myws(id as integer) 'do db stuff with id and build document Dim xd As New XmlDataDocument xd.Load("D:\Inetpub\webservice_xml\redbook.xml") Return xd end function ---------------------------------------------------------------------------- 'project that consumes web service ws = New com.domain.www.WebService dgWS.DataSource = ws.myws(100) dgWS.DataBind() Here is what is returned in the datagrid: Prefix HasChildNodes Value HasAttributes NamespaceURI InnerText InnerXml Name OuterXml BaseURI LocalN...

Query Question 11-29-07
my data looks like the following 111 0 01/01/2007 111 0 02/01/2007 222 0 04/01/2007 222 0 05/01/2007 555 1 06/01/2007 666 0 06/01/2007 how can i retrieve the following??? 111 0 01/01/2007 222 0 04/01/2007 555 1 06/01/2007 666 0 06/01/2007 my goal is to retrive distinct cols 1 and 2, and then the earliest date in col 3 for distinct records in cols 1 and 2??? any suggestions??? I tried different ways of using FIRST, but was unsuccessful. Thanks in advance. On Nov 28, 7:08 pm, "Jeff" <findjeffa...@emailias.com>...

Install Problems 12-02-03
I've been trying to install CRM server for a while now. The istall errors out everytime stating that the MSI install failed. Running the install again wants to uninstall it. Trying to install the client says that the CRm Security Service is not running. The service will not start giving error 1053. All CRM Services are installed in seperate VM's. None of the CRM tools work. Currently using Windows 2003 server but also had same problem with 2000 server. Any ideas? ...