Inability to design functional reports or workflow processes

Standard across the board everyone must want the following capabilities
To create a Report whereby
All Accounts with no Activities past 2 months can be shown
All Accounts with no Opportunities past 6 months can be shown
Is there a possibility of including this in a View? (Optimal)
Is there any possibility of creating a report with c360? (Workable)
At the weekly sales meetings Division Management wants to not only go over 
the positive but also the negative such as which major Accounts have gone 
without activity and need to be reassigned to other Salespersons.
0
Utf
1/6/2005 8:21:05 PM
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

5 Replies
717 Views

Similar Articles

[PageSpeed] 19

Chuck: I have tried everything to get similar information out of CRM. Custom 
reports, Views, c360 SearhPac queries... It won't work because CRM's query 
language, FetchXML, doesn't have the ability to do queries across entities 
for null sets.

This has become a major issue for a client of mine, and I am still looking 
for an alternative. If you come up with something -- please post it here!!!

Matt Wittemann
http://icu-mscrm.blogspot.com


"Chuck47" wrote:

> Standard across the board everyone must want the following capabilities
> To create a Report whereby
> All Accounts with no Activities past 2 months can be shown
> All Accounts with no Opportunities past 6 months can be shown
> Is there a possibility of including this in a View? (Optimal)
> Is there any possibility of creating a report with c360? (Workable)
> At the weekly sales meetings Division Management wants to not only go over 
> the positive but also the negative such as which major Accounts have gone 
> without activity and need to be reassigned to other Salespersons.
0
Utf
1/7/2005 5:09:03 PM
Thanks Matt. If I come upon something I will let you know. The only 
workaround that I have found is creating a new Account field. In my case it 
was called "Account Pulse". We created 3 picklist values; "Live", "Coma", 
"Dead".
All Accounts started off as "Live". The following Workflow process was 
created;
When Account is Create
Wait for 1 month
If
Check any activities created for this object
Then
'add actions here'
else if
'add conditions here'
Then
account.classificationcode = coma

I have not yet determined how I am going to create the Dead scenario after 3 
months. Should I use the same Workflow or create a new one?

"MattNC" wrote:

> Chuck: I have tried everything to get similar information out of CRM. Custom 
> reports, Views, c360 SearhPac queries... It won't work because CRM's query 
> language, FetchXML, doesn't have the ability to do queries across entities 
> for null sets.
> 
> This has become a major issue for a client of mine, and I am still looking 
> for an alternative. If you come up with something -- please post it here!!!
> 
> Matt Wittemann
> http://icu-mscrm.blogspot.com
> 
> 
> "Chuck47" wrote:
> 
> > Standard across the board everyone must want the following capabilities
> > To create a Report whereby
> > All Accounts with no Activities past 2 months can be shown
> > All Accounts with no Opportunities past 6 months can be shown
> > Is there a possibility of including this in a View? (Optimal)
> > Is there any possibility of creating a report with c360? (Workable)
> > At the weekly sales meetings Division Management wants to not only go over 
> > the positive but also the negative such as which major Accounts have gone 
> > without activity and need to be reassigned to other Salespersons.
0
Utf
1/7/2005 5:19:04 PM
What I left out is that once you have created this Workflow you now have the 
capability to create a custom view based on the Account Pulse field for your 
criteria. This is a workaround but not optimal. 

"Chuck47" wrote:

> Standard across the board everyone must want the following capabilities
> To create a Report whereby
> All Accounts with no Activities past 2 months can be shown
> All Accounts with no Opportunities past 6 months can be shown
> Is there a possibility of including this in a View? (Optimal)
> Is there any possibility of creating a report with c360? (Workable)
> At the weekly sales meetings Division Management wants to not only go over 
> the positive but also the negative such as which major Accounts have gone 
> without activity and need to be reassigned to other Salespersons.
0
Utf
1/7/2005 5:25:04 PM
Chuck: It is interesting that you have come up with this solution. This is 
what I decided to do for my client. I used a number of different workflow 
rules that would move the accounts from hot to warm to cold. The rules worked 
great when there was no activity at all, but once an activity was created the 
account got updated to hot and stayed there forever. I could never get it to 
enter back into the wait portion of the workflow again. I wrote and tested 
dozens of workflow scenarios and all of them ended up getting stuck after an 
activity was created.

Sorry this is not encouraging. Let me know if you have any more success than 
I did...

PS: I also faced the dilemma of what to do with existing accounts: should 
they default to hot or warm or cold? Since I had no way of querying which 
ones hadn't been contacted in a given timeframe (which is why I had started 
this whole workflow project to start with) I couldn't figure out what to set 
existing accounts to...

Matt Wittemann
http://icu-mscrm.blogspot.com


"Chuck47" wrote:

> Thanks Matt. If I come upon something I will let you know. The only 
> workaround that I have found is creating a new Account field. In my case it 
> was called "Account Pulse". We created 3 picklist values; "Live", "Coma", 
> "Dead".
> All Accounts started off as "Live". The following Workflow process was 
> created;
> When Account is Create
> Wait for 1 month
> If
> Check any activities created for this object
> Then
> 'add actions here'
> else if
> 'add conditions here'
> Then
> account.classificationcode = coma
> 
> I have not yet determined how I am going to create the Dead scenario after 3 
> months. Should I use the same Workflow or create a new one?
> 
> "MattNC" wrote:
> 
> > Chuck: I have tried everything to get similar information out of CRM. Custom 
> > reports, Views, c360 SearhPac queries... It won't work because CRM's query 
> > language, FetchXML, doesn't have the ability to do queries across entities 
> > for null sets.
> > 
> > This has become a major issue for a client of mine, and I am still looking 
> > for an alternative. If you come up with something -- please post it here!!!
> > 
> > Matt Wittemann
> > http://icu-mscrm.blogspot.com
> > 
> > 
> > "Chuck47" wrote:
> > 
> > > Standard across the board everyone must want the following capabilities
> > > To create a Report whereby
> > > All Accounts with no Activities past 2 months can be shown
> > > All Accounts with no Opportunities past 6 months can be shown
> > > Is there a possibility of including this in a View? (Optimal)
> > > Is there any possibility of creating a report with c360? (Workable)
> > > At the weekly sales meetings Division Management wants to not only go over 
> > > the positive but also the negative such as which major Accounts have gone 
> > > without activity and need to be reassigned to other Salespersons.
0
Utf
1/7/2005 5:27:05 PM
It is frustrating. In our case I used Live to start the ball rolling under 
the auspices that it would take one month without activity before we could 
start realizing any results.
I utilized a case with Microsoft on this issue and the only thing that they 
came up with is that 2.0 should take care of this issue.

"MattNC" wrote:

> Chuck: It is interesting that you have come up with this solution. This is 
> what I decided to do for my client. I used a number of different workflow 
> rules that would move the accounts from hot to warm to cold. The rules worked 
> great when there was no activity at all, but once an activity was created the 
> account got updated to hot and stayed there forever. I could never get it to 
> enter back into the wait portion of the workflow again. I wrote and tested 
> dozens of workflow scenarios and all of them ended up getting stuck after an 
> activity was created.
> 
> Sorry this is not encouraging. Let me know if you have any more success than 
> I did...
> 
> PS: I also faced the dilemma of what to do with existing accounts: should 
> they default to hot or warm or cold? Since I had no way of querying which 
> ones hadn't been contacted in a given timeframe (which is why I had started 
> this whole workflow project to start with) I couldn't figure out what to set 
> existing accounts to...
> 
> Matt Wittemann
> http://icu-mscrm.blogspot.com
> 
> 
> "Chuck47" wrote:
> 
> > Thanks Matt. If I come upon something I will let you know. The only 
> > workaround that I have found is creating a new Account field. In my case it 
> > was called "Account Pulse". We created 3 picklist values; "Live", "Coma", 
> > "Dead".
> > All Accounts started off as "Live". The following Workflow process was 
> > created;
> > When Account is Create
> > Wait for 1 month
> > If
> > Check any activities created for this object
> > Then
> > 'add actions here'
> > else if
> > 'add conditions here'
> > Then
> > account.classificationcode = coma
> > 
> > I have not yet determined how I am going to create the Dead scenario after 3 
> > months. Should I use the same Workflow or create a new one?
> > 
> > "MattNC" wrote:
> > 
> > > Chuck: I have tried everything to get similar information out of CRM. Custom 
> > > reports, Views, c360 SearhPac queries... It won't work because CRM's query 
> > > language, FetchXML, doesn't have the ability to do queries across entities 
> > > for null sets.
> > > 
> > > This has become a major issue for a client of mine, and I am still looking 
> > > for an alternative. If you come up with something -- please post it here!!!
> > > 
> > > Matt Wittemann
> > > http://icu-mscrm.blogspot.com
> > > 
> > > 
> > > "Chuck47" wrote:
> > > 
> > > > Standard across the board everyone must want the following capabilities
> > > > To create a Report whereby
> > > > All Accounts with no Activities past 2 months can be shown
> > > > All Accounts with no Opportunities past 6 months can be shown
> > > > Is there a possibility of including this in a View? (Optimal)
> > > > Is there any possibility of creating a report with c360? (Workable)
> > > > At the weekly sales meetings Division Management wants to not only go over 
> > > > the positive but also the negative such as which major Accounts have gone 
> > > > without activity and need to be reassigned to other Salespersons.
0
Utf
1/7/2005 5:47:03 PM
Reply:

Similar Artilces:

Using Function to call Woorbook Sheet
I would like to use WEEKDAY() to call a particular Sheet in a Wookbook. The Sheets are called Sunday - Saturday and I have an IF statement that needs to check for particular information on that sheet depending on what day it is. Have it currently functioning but it is taking up way to much space. I am unable to update my code with other functions that I need it to calculate until I can figure this part out. Code =IF(OR(AND((TEXT(TODAY(),"dddd")="Monday"),(HLOOKUP(MOD(NOW(),1),Monday!$B$1:$BA$40,2))>0),AND((TEXT(TODAY(),"dddd")="Tuesday"),(HLOOKU...

Formula In Crystal Reports
Hi All, I'm just starting to learn Crystal right now but it's all very new to me so I was just curious if anyone knows if you can do formulas in it. I'd like to take a custom CRM field called setup cost on a product and add all the values of this field up in a quote. Ie if there are 3 products all with seperate setup costs I want to add those together. Or will this have to be done a different way? Thanks all Tom Hi, Crystal supports both VB and Crystal Reports formulas. the help files are quite good regarding formulas, and the 9.2.2 CR with enhanced edition has an excel...

Changing my functions to use subtotals?
I have 2 functions that are calculating my data correctly, except now I need to consider the autofilter. I figure using subtotal is the way to go if I want to disregard filtered out rows. Also, I plan on moving my data to another sheet, so it will need to reference the current sheet, which is AAT_Raw_Data. Finally, the # of rows of data will vary, but I don't think it will ever be over 10,000. I'm using Excel 2003, so I think there's an issue with using something like "A:A" in my formulas. Can someone help me change these to add in a subtotal and take into...

Turn Off SOP Transfer Log Report
Is there any way to not have the SOP Transfer Log show up? We usually just hit the Cancel button on the Report Destination window but it gets annoying when you transfer 100-150 orders a day. I know you can go into the posting setup to cancel posting reports but I can't find anyway to stop the Transfer Log. -- Scott Scott, No, there isn't a method built in to do this. You'd need a customization using Dexterity or I think you could use VBA to do this as well. patrick mbs developer support -- This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no ri...

Report width will not shrink
I have a report that was originally designed as legal size, but by eliminating a few columns is now landscape letter size. However I am unable to shrink the width from 12" to 9" - there seems to be something invisible to me in one of the headers, footers or detail sections. I have tried everything to try to select whatever it is that is 12" wide but am unable to find it. I have tried CTRL A for select all, tried highlighting from the top or the side, etc but nothing shows up. It has to be a line or something, but when I preview the report the second page is blank. I ...

Refreshing a User Defined Function
To all: On Sheet 1 of my workbook, I have a date in cell A1. In the next sheet, I want the same date as the previous sheet plus seven days. When I copy the latest sheet, I want it to reference the sheet located prior to it rather than referencing the original sheet (Sheet 1). After copying 52 worksheets, I want each of them to reference the sheet located just prior to each of the sheets. I found this User Defined Function posted here on this discussion site and it works great except for one thing. If I change the original date on Sheet 1, the UDF does not automatically update. Is...

Inserting rows slow on large report
I have a large report I maintain with 3 data tabs and 2 report tabs, 1 for top 10 customers, about 400 rows, and another for all other customers, about 4000 rows. Every month I have to update it for any new customer/product combinations. I have optimized the formulas to the best of my abilities and gotten a full recalc time down from 3 min to 30 sec, which is acceptable. My biggest problem now is that every time I need to add a row (or delete one for that matter) it takes about 15 seconds (on the 4k row report, adding to the top 10 customers report takes 3-5 seconds), per row....

sending to group gets "sending reported error 0x80040610"
Task 'Microsoft Exchange Server - Sending' reported error (0x80040610) : 'Unknown Error 0x80040610' This person sent an email to a distribution group we have set up. It seems that everyone got it but the error came to her like that. Any ideas? Bryce. Does this help? http://support.microsoft.com/kb/885917 -- Ed Crowley MVP - Exchange "Protecting the world from PSTs and brick backups!" "Bryce" <fukuzz@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:46119f2c$0$503$815e3792@news.qwest.net... > Task 'Microsoft Exchange Server - Sending' reported e...

Create Assembly Call
hi All, can the create assembly call under update entity be used to add a certain number of hours/days/months/years to a date. i am trying to do this workflow if variable 1 = yes then create a task update variable 1 sent = yes variable 1 date = execution time can i use the create assembly workflow to add x number of days to variable 1 date and show in variable 2 date. any advice would be helpful please. thanks heaps regards Ridhima If Variable 1 Date is a DateTime field in CRM, then yes. You can use the Add DateTime assembly to take the Value in the DateTime field (which would be t...

Parmeters in Reports
Hello, I have a report generated from a query. The field names are add1, add2 and add3, productname. The data in the fields: add1-add3 are the same. I would like to be prompted when I open the report for the data in fields add1, add2 and add3. Thanks -- Message posted via AccessMonster.com http://www.accessmonster.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/access-queries/200708/1 Open the query in design view. Add this as criteria for add1 --- [Enter add1 info] If you want the query to return records that have all if the criteria you enter then put criteria for the rest on the same criteria row. Otherwi...

Automatically import/export workflow
Hello. I'm working on a redeploiment tool for CRM 3.0 pro. I mean a tool to automatically import all customizations (customizations, callouts, workflow, data...) of a CRM to another one. Is there a way to automatically (from a program, not manually) import/export workflow rules ? I know there exist web services for callouts import/export, is there the same for workflow rules. Regards, I don't think so. Workflow import/export is handled by a separate application and cannot be accessed through any of the CRM web services -- David Jennaway - Microsoft Dynamics CRM MVP Web: http://...

CRM, Reporting Services & Forms Authentication
Our company has an app with forms auth that is integrated with Reporting Services. We have forms auth working successfully with Reporting Services. We'd like to integrate CRM and still use forms auth. Is this possible with CRM? Would anyone be kind enough to point me to any documentation or examples of CRM w/ forms auth & Reporting Services? ...

New Entity visit Report and Integration of Participants (MS CRM 3.
Hello Newsgroup, We have created a new Entity called visit reports. We have to add Participants in this new entity. It would nice, if we could have a field like the Participants in the appointment, where you can select the Participants from Contacts, Accounts, and Users. I'll hope , some of you have a idear. Regards Thomas You have to create a new relationship for your custom entity to the types of participants you want to be available. -- Matt Wittemann http://icu-mscrm.blogspot.com "Thomas Haller" wrote: > Hello Newsgroup, > > We have created a new Entity...

Crystal Report 9.2.2!!!
Hello All, I have install crystal report 9 then I download crystal 9.2.2 and start the setup. first it uninstall crystal report 9 and then it starts installing 9.2.2 and ask the CD KEY I enter Crystal Report 9.0 CD key but it does not accept that KEY. How can I update Crystal 9.0 to Crystal 9.2.2??? Thanks in Advance, Naveed. recheck the key...you only need to install 9.2.2 then enter the 9.0 key -- John O'Donnell Microsoft CRM MVP http://www.microsoft.com/BusinessSolutions/Community/CRMFaqLanding.aspx "Naveed" <nrehman@marsonssoft.com> wrote in message news:e%23...

Report Columns
I am trying to add columns to my report but am having some difficulty. The report is basically a form letter. It is grouped on the employee’s unique ID. In that group header is the letter, Dear so and so etc. It is the details portion that I am trying to get into two columns. Is there something I am missing on how to do this. I would rather no put a sub report in to accomplish this. Thank you Jason, Well, the subform would be an easy way to go about that. However, I would think you could use the ID group header to display the first part of the letter, the detail section to disp...

weird sum on report
Hi everyone I'm building a report based on several crosstab qry and it seem ok with values. That report has group values. I want, at some point, a line with totals as well as a line with the difference between 2 lines, like expenses to sales. Quite simple, i guess. Result : not only it doesn't subtract in some grouping/levels, as well it doesn't sum the other 4 lines i need. Is this weird or not? (lol) Tks in advance for all your help. Pedro Pedro, I don't see anything wrong from where I sit. Of course, I can't see your crosstabs, data, grouping levels, expressions, ...

Recover missing Z-Report
One of my clerks received an error message during running a Z-Report....she did not note the error so I have no idea what it is...the report did not print yet manager says there is a Z-Report but it is blank...all the transactions are in manager and it says there is a Z-Report but it is totally blank....any way to regenerate this Z-report or make it so it's not blank? ...

Launch folder windows in separate processe
The setting as in subject selected under Control Panel -> Folder Options More than one windows explorer open. Each of them opened in other folder. One of them opened for search function. However, if investigating with Task Manager all windows explorer windows lead to the same explorer process (task right click -> Go to process). The list "Processes" of task manager presents only one explorer window. So the setting as mentioned above not really functional. What's the reason? kakii wrote: > > The setting as in subject selected under Control Panel ...

HTML report in vb.net
How do I create an html report in vb.net instead of Crystal or ReportViewer? Hello, > How do I create an html report in vb.net instead of Crystal or > ReportViewer? Pretty vague. If the problem is to create html markup you could try the HtmlTextWriter class (http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/system.web.ui.htmltextwriter(VS.80).aspx to see if it's easier for you. Also most Reporting Packages (including RS, note sure about Crystal but very likely) are able to render a report as HTML markup so you could perhaps still use them. Not sure what is your scena...

Creating a report that tracks stock's life cycle (buy, transfer, s
Greetings and Salutations I purchase ABC stock, and it is held by my broker "Those Brothers". I purchase more ABC stock at different times. These transactions are recorded in Money. I move my investments from "Those Brothers" to the "Quiet Company" and I purchase more ABC stock at various times. The Transfer Out and the additional Buys are all recorded in Money. I decide to sell a lot of ABC stock (spanning multple purchases and multiple investment firms) and use the FIFO method. Somehow Money knows which shares it is selling, I would like to get a report...

Report output appears to be in Chinese
I have a query based on multiple tables/queries and when i set one of the relationships to many-to-one, the report output appears to be chinese characters. If I change the relationship, the output appears normal, but I don't get all the records I'm looking for. Any suggestions? Yes. Make a backup of your database right now and put it away in a safe place. While you are at it, look for your most recent backup. You may need it. You may have a corrupt database. Tony Toews has an excellent web page on database corruption. Http://www.granite.ab.ca/access/corruptmdbs.htm ...

Reporting table fields vertically
I've come across a client with a non-normalized table with sales of items for eight different regions. So, the fields in the table are: ItemCode Region1SalesQty Region2SalesQty .... .... Region8SalesQty Typically the client is printing these sales in columns, with a report that has the eight regions spaced horizontally across the page. Something like this: ItemCode Region1SalesQty Region2SalesQty ... Region8SalesQty However, they now need a report with the sales reported vertically, like this: ItemCode Region1SalesQty Region2SalesQty ...

Please explain the steps to use the Dlookup function in Access?
explain me the steps to use the dlookup function like how we use in EXCEL See: Getting a value from a table: DLookup() at: http://allenbrowne.com/casu-07.html -- Allen Browne - Microsoft MVP. Perth, Western Australia Tips for Access users - http://allenbrowne.com/tips.html Reply to group, rather than allenbrowne at mvps dot org. "Balu" <Balu@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:00601393-C86C-47BD-9103-52D0FAA292C9@microsoft.com... > explain me the steps to use the dlookup function like how we use in EXCEL ...

Can a workbook be used as a function
Hi, I have an excel workbook (A) that givern three parameters, temp1, temp and flow calculates the energy transfer for a process we conduct, have another workbook (B) which contains the hourly logged data for th process from which we generate monthly reports. Is it possible to use workbook (A) like a function and pass to it th three parameters from workbook (B) and return to workbook (B) th answer ie. energy transfered. Workbook (B) contain approx 750 logs so i need to repeat th calculation 750 times I could link the two which works for the first piece of logged data bu how to automatically...

Incomplete NDR report
Hi All, I have completed upgrading to Exchange 2003 Enterprise from Exchange 2000 Standard for about 2 months now. Everything is woking fine. The server is still running WIN2K. I have just noticed all NON-DELIVERY reports are the same in format. If an e-mail account does not exist in active directory the returned e-mail is the same basic e-mail as if an inbound e-mail that is over sized. See below. The server code part is correct (5.1.1 or 5.1.2) This only happens if a Non-Delivery report is delivered to the Internet. A non-delivery report internally gives the full description why the ...