In email template, there is no record type for contact

A user created an email template to send out to multiple
sales contacts.  When he hits the insert/update button
and clicks add, the only record type that is there is for
the system user.  Every other person who uses Crm here,
has a record type for a contact.  This user with the
issue has all of the same roles as those have have this
functionality.  Any suggestions?
0
Keith
8/22/2003 5:29:25 PM
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

Keith,

What "Type" is the template?  If the user selected a Global template, then
only the User info is available.  The list of objects that can be pulled
into the template is based on the type.

HTH,
Matt

"Keith" <keith@statera.com> wrote in message
A user created an email template to send out to multiple
sales contacts.  When he hits the insert/update button
and clicks add, the only record type that is there is for
the system user.  Every other person who uses Crm here,
has a record type for a contact.  This user with the
issue has all of the same roles as those have have this
functionality.  Any suggestions?

0
Matt

Outside Email Not Received
When we went home on Monday, we turned off our server due to forecasted bad thunderstorms -- which were indeed as bad as they were predicted. This morning, I powered up the SBS2003 Server, with Exchange Server 2003 SP1 included - and we can get internal email, but not external email. I've looked in the logs, I see nothing there that says there are any backups. I've sent myself several emails, and haven't received any of them. What on earth could be happening? Please help before I personally strangle the one person this allegedly really matters to. Thanks! (I'll prob...

Updating already imported records in CRM 4.0
hi all we've recently imported many accounts via seperate csv files, but it turns out 1 of the csv files had a cell issue, and as a result, there was a shift in the alignment of suburbs against approx 1000 imported accounts does anyone have any recommendations on how i can update this to be correct? I have the correct data in CSV format now, but dont want to delete & start again as i have already imported the related contacts, activities etc? Many thanks Matt On May 21, 1:29=A0pm, Matthew McMaster <MatthewMcMas...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > hi all > > w...

Prohibited File Type?
If someone sends me a picture file as an attachment to an email message I get shown "Prohibited File Type..file deactivated". I can see the pic in the body of the message but can't open and view the picture file by clicking it? Similarly if I try to attach a picture file to a message I send that also gives the same warning both before sending and to the recipient? The files In question are jpg files. Anyone advise please? Tools/Safety/Options/Security Uncheck - do not allow attachments to be save or opened - block images and other external content Check (op...

I can send but not receive emails in outlook
I have just installed Outlook 2003. I can send emails but cannot receive them. I have confirmed my internet settings with my ISP. If I return to Outlook Express which was installed with Microsoft Works I can still access my incoming mail from there Do you receive any errors when trying to receive? "TeeJay" <TeeJay@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A1BA6E6F-2C25-460E-9F4F-8A6EB8C9CA96@microsoft.com... >I have just installed Outlook 2003. I can send emails but cannot receive > them. I have confirmed my internet settings with my ISP. If I return to >...

Modifying dialog for incoming emails
good morning from germany, how can i customize the dialog which tells me that i have some new incoming email, f.g. name of sende, date and time or some other email related infos. thx patric What version of Outlook? If Outlook 2003, you can customize the rules for displaying an alert from specified individuals. Tell us your version and more detailed information (and IF it can be done in your version) will be forthcoming. -- Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. "Patric" <sokrates1973@aol.com> wrote in message ne...

Outlook Contacts Displaying Incorrectly
Hi, I synchronise contacts with Outlook and my mobile phone (Nokia 6230). When a contact comes from the phone it displays as Smith, John in the Outlook list, however when I open the contact and try to edit it says display as John Smith. There must be another setting that is overriding this somewhere! Any ideas? Hi Shaun, By default, Outlook 2003 displays contact names that are in your Contacts list in the FirstName, LastName format, as opposed to the LastName, FirstName format. In this situation, the first name of a contact is used to sort your Contact lists because the Contacts lis...

Error while Archiving email
I am getting error while trying to archive email from Exchange Mailbox to archive file. Here is the error Error while archiving "Inbox" in store "Mailbox-<user name>". Unknown error I created new archive file and tried to archive I keep getting same error. I tried this from different workstation too. I am administrator on local machine and running Windows 2000 pro with SP4 and Office XP with SP3, my email is on Exchange 2000 server with SP3. Any help on this is greatly appriciated. Thanks, Dinesh ...

Removing attachments from multiple emails
Hi: I searched to get all emails with attachments that are from last year or older. Now I want to select them all and remove the attachments from all of them, but keep the messages. I can do this one email at a time by opening it up, right clicking and choosing "remove", but how do I do this for several emails at once? Is there something in Outlook that will allow me to do this or is there a third party tool? Thanks, Kayda There are many third-party tools to add this functionality to Outlook. = See http://www.slipstick.com/addins/housekeeping.htm=20 --=20 Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP...

I have the template i want to use, however I am not sure how to us
an e-mail was sent to me with a spreadsheet I'm to complete. A co -worker helped me to create a template of that spreadsheet that I need to fill in but I don't have experience using templates. How do I get started, and how do I create a next page or sheet? I need to fill it in and than start the next page with the blank template...help Have you looked at the Excel help for templates? If so, at which stage did you have a problem? -- David Biddulph "mouse" <mouse@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C9209715-1DD7-4771-B23F-03BB8F916A10@microsoft.com...

Inserting specific number of records
I have a Data Entry form in which the user have to insert a specific numbrer of record, depending on the type of product he choose. Ej: The product "A" have to have 3 data, so it will need to insert 3 record on the table only, no more. I have created a simple code in VB that I supose to have to restrcit the number of record records, depending on a Textbox value **************************************** CODE **************************************** Private Sub LECTURA_BeforeUpdate(Cancel As Integer) On Error GoTo Err_Lectura Dim Respuesta If Form.CurrentRecord <= Forms...

Need to populate a Report with several records
In short, I have one report containing 5 records from the same table. The individual records are layed out to support proper printing. I need to populate each record with from the same table. I can not give them all the same pointer to the table or I get 5 copies of the same record. How can I populate those 5 records with 5 records from my table? I think you need to have a group by in your report. Thus you will get 1 group of data for each of the 5 that you are refering to as 5 records. "Bill" wrote: > In short, I have one report containing 5 records from the same t...

Forward multiple emails
I am trying to pull together several emails from multiple sources and forward them out with a new email cover letter. I am trying to avoid forwarding each email separately. I want the emails to arrive together with the new email giving a summary of each. Select all the messages and press Forward. -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -What do the Outlook Icons Mean? -Create an Office 2003 CD slipstreamed with Service Pack 1 ----- "Hendrix" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3bbf01c48f9d$4aabd870$a301280a...

delivered email coming back undelivered
I am sending out email on using Msoft Outlook and it is getting to the recipient; however, I am getting email messages back from "System Administrator" that the email was undeliverable. Also when I would compose emails and got to my address book some of the folders were not available or seem to have changed locations. At the same time I was having problems opening up appointment windows in my Msoft Calendar program and getting a message that the folder could not be found. When I rebooted this went away. I have done a Norton virus scan but nothing came up. Any ideas? RickyG w...

Delete all records from CRecordset
Hello, How can I delete all recodors from a CRecordset? Is it possible to use a SQL clause like "DELETE * FROM my_table"? Thanks! This may help you get started: http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/z5139kz6(VS.80).aspx Tom "Tulio" <Tulio@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:FEAB1327-8C93-44EF-9527-E1F4DFB56A82@microsoft.com... > Hello, > > How can I delete all recodors from a CRecordset? > Is it possible to use a SQL clause like "DELETE * FROM my_table"? > Thanks! There are two ways: 1. write a loop to step through th...

New template
I would like to have available two types of Outlook (2003) pages for preparing out going emails. One to be blank which is the current default and a second that has my name, address and telephone along with a disclaimer (legal) on the bottom. Thanks, John You can create a message with a signature that has that information in it, then save it to your hard drive as an Outlook Template file (.OFT). That file can be opened from Windows at any time and it will look like a regular new mail message -- finish it and send it on its way. The .OFT is completely reusable. -- Jocelyn Fiorel...

Raffle Ticket template
I found many months ago, a template for Publisher, to produce raffle tickets. I am unable to find it anymore and wondered if anyone could direct me as to where to find something like this again. Bob ...

Receiveing the same email twice ??
when I receive some message the same message is downloaded twice or if the message is already in the inbox, it is downloaded for a second time. I am having this with outlook 2002 & 2003 on different PC's and when I use outlook express on both PC's, I dont get the proplem. Can anyone tell me how to stop this happening, Please, please, please. ...

unable to set a record as private (activities)
Microsoft CRM v3 Customers and prospects are requesting the ability to mark a record (primarily notes and emails) as private such that only the owner and other internal party users on the record are able to open it. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http...

duplicate emails?
I just switched my Outlook Express account to Hotmail and I seem to be getting 2 or duplicates of any emails that are sent to me. Anyone have any ideas? Thanks, Mark pajosenden(deletethis)@hotmail.com I have found that if I set my OE to NOT OPEN IN THE INBOX the duplication does not occur. You may want to go over to the following site and look further for a solution: http://www.tomsterdam.com/ -- Nikki Peterson [MVP - Outlook] "Mark" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6f8f01c42fb5$2ba22850$a601280a@phx.gbl... I just switched my Outlook Expres...

Unable to reply to received email
Help!! After setting up the services the test works fine sending and receiving. I can send email with no problem. When I try to reply to an email I get the following: 501 5.7.1 This system is not configured to relay mail from <addres> to <address> for 170.215.92.219. Anyone give me help with this one? It all started after my computer went down during a power outage. I reloaded outlook, then because of other problems I relaoded XP. When I imported the data from my old files the problem was still there. Any help would be appreciated. Your ISP may require that you ...

Unable to open Outlook XP Email
I began having problems when trying to open email with attachments in Outlook XP (running Windows XP Pro) about 3 weeks ago. When I try to open email with attachments, my PC will sometimes hang-up, requiring a reboot, even after which the email will not open (known safe source). The frequency of occurrence seems to be going up. Any help on how to fix this problem would be greatly apprecated. Thanks. Glenn Try it again with the virusscanner and virusscanner integration disabled. -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -What do the Outlook Icons Me...

Macro Recorder #2
I have a very basic question( I think). When you are recording a Macro how do you stop and then restart where you left off? For example I have a repetitive task that moves columns from one spreadsheet to another. The problem is that there are about 40 columns I am required to move. As I record the macro can it be stopped and then restarted if I have to close Excel and return later? I can't find the answer to my question documented anywhere. Thank You, Greg You can stop it, but when you start again it will create a new subprocedure, you can go in and copy/paste the second after the firs...

Opening a new record form but allowing searches
I changed the "Data Entry to Yes" to have my forms open for new records, but it seems to have disabled my ability to move from record to record or allow for searches. Is there another way that I could have set it up so that it allows for both? On Thu, 4 Mar 2010 17:54:06 -0800, Fallout <Fallout@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I changed the "Data Entry to Yes" to have my forms open for new records, but >it seems to have disabled my ability to move from record to record or allow >for searches. Is there another way that I could have set it up ...

how do i set up outlook using my existing internet email account?
I am trying to set up my existing internet email account with Outlook. It was previously set up, incorrectly. I have no idea what to do. On Mon, 27 Feb 2006 13:18:29 -0800, Clayton wrote: > I am trying to set up my existing internet email account with Outlook. It was > previously set up, incorrectly. I have no idea what to do. Ask your ISP. They should be able to talk you through. -- Gordon Burgess-Parker Interim Systems and Management Accounting www.gbpcomputing.co.uk ...

business contact manager will not import ACT! 2007
Just upgraded, but my new version of ACT! 2007 will not work. I tried exporting to CSV but mapping was off. ...