In CRM 3.0 is there a way to Hide the Sales or Maketing or Service

I want to be able to control users access to different sections of CRM.
So I want Jane Smith to see Sales and Marketing, and Scott Riley to only see
Sales and Service.  Doing by team would also work.  I was able to create
custom Roles and control entiy access but I don't see a way of controlling
section access.

Mike

crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

Sections only appear if the user has access to one of the items within that
section.  Unfortunately, there are some shared objects across the sections
(like Account/Contact) that prevent them from disappearing totally.

--

Matt Parks
MVP - Microsoft CRM

"Hotwheels" <Hotwheels@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
I want to be able to control users access to different sections of CRM.
So I want Jane Smith to see Sales and Marketing, and Scott Riley to only see
Sales and Service.  Doing by team would also work.  I was able to create
custom Roles and control entiy access but I don't see a way of controlling
section access.

Mike

0
Matt
12/22/2005 2:23:15 AM
Matt

Accounts and Contacts are in all three, so since any solution we create uses
these
two Entitiy types, then we are stuck with these three sections being seen by
all users.  Let me ask another question, could I remove Account and Contacts
from Service section so it would not show up.  Or is there  a way to
completely remove Secvice section from showing up on my CRM interface, maybe
using the isv.config file.

Mike

"Hotwheels" wrote:

> I want to be able to control users access to different sections of CRM.
> So I want Jane Smith to see Sales and Marketing, and Scott Riley to only see
> Sales and Service.  Doing by team would also work.  I was able to create
> custom Roles and control entiy access but I don't see a way of controlling
> section access.
>
> Mike

If you edit the SiteMap, you can control what shows up in each section.  You
first need to export the file from the Export Customizations section, modify
the file, then import it back in.

--

"Hotwheels" wrote:

> I want to be able to control users access to different sections of CRM.
> So I want Jane Smith to see Sales and Marketing, and Scott Riley to only
see
> Sales and Service.  Doing by team would also work.  I was able to create
> custom Roles and control entiy access but I don't see a way of controlling
> section access.
>
> Mike

0
Matt

[ANN] Office 11.3.8 update

conversion #3
I am trying to upgrade from Outlook 2000 to Outlook 2003 on a new computer. When I attempt to export the data in my email files (inbox, sent,etc.)I do not have the "received" information exported - when mapping the fields I am unable to map several of the email fields; therefore, they are not exported. I have been unable to find the normal email fields to use in my mapping. How do I map normal email fields in an export operation? If I do not export this information my new computer has no idea when I received my old emails/ In the old days, the easiest way to keep all da...

Showing 0 after decimal with ROUND

BackUp #3
how i can take backup of all my company emailboxes and addresses? ...

crm consultant needed asap

Field Service Calls and Invoices
We use the Service Call modules for repairs in our Stores and have a situation that I'm trying to find a workaround. We have situations where our technicians will pick-up items without prior notification to our dispatchers. All of a sudden we get an invoice and currently we have to track down the charge and then we are forcing a PO into the system from the Service Call in order to properly receive and enter the invoice. Does anyone have other ways to do this and track the information/cost on the Service Call without needing to create a PO after the fact. This is not an applicat...

3 Levels in Extended Pricing
Is it possible in Extended Pricing to have 3 levels of discounts. I assume yes because the max level in price trace is 3. I set up my Base Price Book to be all my List Prices. I then set up another price book and set it to be 50% of Base (Dealer Pricing) and then I want another price book to be "10% off of Dealer" I would then assign customers to this special price sheet/book. So doing a price trace I would have: List: $100 Dealer Original $100 Percent off 50% Unit Price $50 Special Original: $50 Percent off 10% Unit Price $45 Under my "Price Sheet Detail Maintenance...

Configure Microsoft Dynamics CRM for Outlook
While trying to configure Ms CRM for outlook throws an error message HTTP Status 401: Unauthorized.Can anyone put me out of this issue. ...

date function #3

Custom reports #3

Support Services
If you need to activate a POS product after it has already been done, good luck. Microsoft support sucks. I've been on hold for an hour and no one can help re-activate a product after a replaced hard drive.... I've had to re-activate oen station about 4 times, and never had a problem. -- Jason Hunt Advanced Computer Systems > If you need to activate a POS product after it has already been done, > good luck. Microsoft support sucks. I've been on hold for an hour > and no one can help re-activate a product after a replaced hard > drive.... > I've also...

CRM v3r2
We use SBS 2003 R2 and I would like to install CRM v3r2. Where could download it? We have SA but we never received this latest release. TIA -- Stefano The 90-day eval is compatible with SBS 2003 R2 http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=7D418781-69AD-422D-92FA-87FDB2538E2C&displaylang=en You'll also want to check out this paper on installing CRM on R2: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=46D1887A-DDCD-4ACB-829F-688618D91F1B&displaylang=en And, lastly, you'll want to install Rollup Update 2 for Microsoft CRM 3.0: http://support.micros...

Emails Not Routed to CRM
We are getting the following two errors for every inbound email into CRM: (Note outbound is being delivered and recorded correctly) Event ID 5892 The message 'RE: test email CRM:{8090D8A2-C6DC-4F53-BB21-3782BEBBF134}:MRC' failed to deliver to all servers For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp. AND Event ID 5896 a message. Please check the URL in the registry. Message subject: 'RE: test email CRM:{8090D8A2-C6DC-4F53-BB21-3782BEBBF134}:MRC' URL: 'http://officeserver/MSCRMServices/CrmEmail.srf' For...

MS CRM Security Service doesn't start
Hi to all, I have a problem with my CRM 1.2 some days ago I restart the Win2003 server where there is installed CRM, and now the "Microsoft CRM Security Service" doesn't start up!!! What can I do? I have not any event about that!!! Can I re-install the CRM server and restore my sql database? Thank a lot Bey Augusto. I would apply the Update Rollup 2 for Microsoft CRM 1.2 "IGBA75" wrote: > Hi to all, > > I have a problem with my CRM 1.2 some days ago I restart the Win2003 server > where there is installed CRM, and now the "Microsoft CRM Secur...

cannot send e-mail #3
I am getting the following message: message from Outlook 2000, you may receive the following error message: 0X800CCC78 error: The message could not be sent because the server rejected the sender's e-mail address It gradually has disabled all of my 3 accounts on Outlook. I can send, but not receive. I think there is some software corruption or a virus. Deleting and re-creating the account does not work Mario D'Avirro <mariod@mdainsurance.com> wrote: > I am getting the following message: > > message from Outlook 2000, you may receive the following > error mes...

Speeing up searches in CRM
When our call agents take a call and then search for a student by name or ID it is taking about 10-15 seconds to return the search results. Is there a way to improve the search response time? I'm wondering if there is a config setting in CRM, or are we talking additional indexes on the actual SQL tables, any ideas?!??! Thanks. To speed up searches you will have to add indexes to the database. There are white papers available on this subject (crm 4.0 performance) http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=ba826cee-eddf-4d6e-842d-27fd654ed893&DisplayLang=en http://...