importing primary contacts using the bulk import

Hello all,

I have successfully imported a csv file of all our accounts
i exported the accountid to the contacts import excel sheet and  did a
vloolkup in excel and imported and matched the contacts to the accounts.

Now i want to make one of the contacts a primary user, we did import into
the dept a hidden field  a Y if the user was going to be a primary user.

I have exported out all the contactid and accountid from contactbase for
users who have Y in the dept field using SQL ent manager

How do i import into the accounts table matching on accountid, and update
the primary contactid with the contactid from my csv table??

can this be done?
I do not want to use dmf or scribe as we need to be able to do this for new
clients who give us excel sheets and we want to keep it easy and least effort
from the customer.

Thanks Una
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

AFAIK, the import is only an 'import' function, not an update function. You
have already imported the accounts, so I don't think there is a solution
using import.

"unaclancy" <una.clancy@gmail.com> wrote in message
> Hello all,
>
> I have successfully imported a csv file of all our accounts
> i exported the accountid to the contacts import excel sheet and  did a
> vloolkup in excel and imported and matched the contacts to the accounts.
>
> Now i want to make one of the contacts a primary user, we did import into
> the dept a hidden field  a Y if the user was going to be a primary user.
>
> I have exported out all the contactid and accountid from contactbase for
> users who have Y in the dept field using SQL ent manager
>
> How do i import into the accounts table matching on accountid, and update
> the primary contactid with the contactid from my csv table??
>
> can this be done?
> I do not want to use dmf or scribe as we need to be able to do this for
> new
> clients who give us excel sheets and we want to keep it easy and least
> effort
> from the customer.
>
> Thanks Una

0
Martin

Merging Duplicate Contacts

How Do I Import Stock Quotes to Money2004 Standard?
Does anyone know how to import stock quotes into Money. Some of the ones I am interested in are not supported by MSN for online update. I know I can enter the data manually but I want to be able to update prices for multiple stocks on a regular basis. I have tried ceating a .ofx file for importing and Money reports "Import Completed" with no errors but the price I specified does not appear in the price history. The extract from the .ofx file relating to price I was trying to import is as follows: <SECLISTMSGSRSV1> <SECLIST> <STOCKINFO> <SECINFO> <S...

import a 123 file

Using mouse wheel in VB editor

Use exchange from a trusted domain

printing imported gif files in Excel

Contacts Search

How Use ShellExecute with a CMemFile

Using INDIRECT within functions

me too, problem with import... only 15 records
me too, problem with import... only 15 records.... also in one of my customers crm i need a fast answer.... I dont see a question to answer...? JUAN MARKETING wrote: > me too, problem with import... only 15 records.... also in one of my > customers crm > > i need a fast answer.... Hehe yeah, what is the question!? what are you trying to import? Sorry, I don't know the reason, bu each time i try to import x number of accounts or contacts, MSCRM only import 15 records... Promise, everything is ok... columns, format csv from excel, size, records.... I say that, becau...

How to use count for calls per hour

Printing contacts finally partially repaired
Two printing problems with Outlook 2007, the first solved, the second still not solved. First: So, finally, I don't know when, Outlook was repaired such that one could print out individual contacts as detailed address cards. This was broken for quite some time. Anyway, now those of us who choose to print out copies of address books are once again rewarded with this possibility. BUT..there is always a but, Outlook does not yet completely properly format the printing for all of the book and booklet possibilities which the software presents, especially for doing double...

Taste this important update
--cgzxgrfb Content-Type: multipart/related; boundary="uessxwmvq"; type="multipart/alternative" --uessxwmvq Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="mweirjjojzzphfh" --mweirjjojzzphfh Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Microsoft Customer this is the latest version of security update, the "September 2003, Cumulative Patch" update which eliminates all known security vulnerabilities affecting MS Internet Explorer, MS Outlook and MS Outlook Express as well as three newly discovered vulnerabilities. Install now to m...