Importing Outlook Contact Note attachments? Is it possible?

Currently my company has a CRM set up using just Outlook. We are in the
process of implementing MSCRM. As we are doing this one of the largest
problems we have come across is getting all of the ntoes stored in a contacts
note box imported to the CRM. Exporting the data out of Outlook seems to get
some of the written notes in a distorted fashion. This distortion is probably
due to the mail file links that are seperating each note in the box. Is it
possible to export these notes in an organized manner and retain the links to
the mail? This is a large part of our current CRM that NEEDS to be transfered
over.
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

Controlling Access to Contact's History
Is there a way to set a security role up so a user can't delete items from a Contact's History? The user would still need rights to read/ write to the contact record. Go to Settings-->business unit settings-->security roles Choose a role to edit (other than system administrator, you can't change that one). Select the Core Records tab. History, in terms of tasks and appointments, is controlled by the Activity row. History, in terms of notes, is controlled by the Note row. You can set the read and write "pies" seperately from the Delete "pie". Clear th...

How do you set up a submit button to attach worksheet in email?
I am doing a form and I want to have a submit or send link on the bottom of the page. I know how to make hyperlinks but I dont know how to get it where when the user hits the send button it automatically saves that info and sends that form to the intended email address. Basically so you dont have to attach it yourself through email. Is there a way to do this? Have a look here for code to send mail http://www.rondebruin.nl/sendmail.htm#Tips -- Paul B Always backup your data before trying something new Please post any response to the newsgroups so others can benefit from it Feedback on a...

Contact First & Last names the wrong way around
In Outlook 2003 when creating a new contact I typed their name into the name field in the order Firstname Middlename Lastname and Outlook placed them in the correct order. I've recently upgraded to Outlook 2007 and now when I type in a name, for example John Smith Outlook takes John as the lastname and Smith as the Firstname and displays John, Smith (it's set to file as Lastname, Firstname). Options > Preferences > Contact Options > Default Fullname Order is set to Firstname Middlename Lastname (as I want it). To confuse things further I have a number of co...

Synchronise Outlook 2003

Filter Lookup for Responsible Contact in CASE when Customer is sel
Hi, I have tried one of the posted article as below and understand how it works. But I hope the responsible contact will list up in the lookup window when the related customer is selected. Anyone offers help? Thanks. //Limit the entities one can choose of crmForm.all.customerid.lookuptypes="2"; crmForm.all.customerid.lookuptypenames="contact:2"; alert("1a"); //Change the default lookup type if (crmForm.all.regardingobjectid != null) { crmForm.all.regardingobjectid.setAttribute("defaulttype", "2"); alert("2a"); } ...

Bulk Import Wizard for Leads Issue
Hi, I am trying to import Lead records using a CSV file containing around 3,000 records. I have tested with around 20 records (taken from the larger file) and it imports fine but when I select the the 3,000 record file for import the wizard gives an error message somthing like (sorry don't have exact wording) 'Source Import file is corrupt'. Are there any known issues with CSV files such as the following : 1) Special characters such as an asterix not handled 2) Email and Website type fields must all be correctly formatted? 3) File is too large Thanks for your help in adva...

Sharing Outlook #2

Outlook user profiles

Outlook 2003 cuts off lines

Report Designer on Visual Studio 2005: Is it possible without 2003?
Do I have to install Visual Studio .NET 2003 to design new reports on CRM? I can't publish them on CRM when I have only the Visual Studio 2005 installed on my machine. When I install the SRS Designer, the Wizard tells me that I do not have the Visual Studio 2003. Thanks in advance! You need VS to create report rdl file. Visual Studio 2005 should work. To publish report you can log into CRM to upload your report file. "Juliano" <tom@jager.com> wrote in message news:B5808A28-946C-4F78-92DF-1C965F74448A@microsoft.com... > Do I have to install Visual Studio .NET 2...

Sending URL in Outlook XP

Outlook Signatures #4

Excel -> Access Import Bizarreness

Importing Outlook 2003 to Win 98 Outlook

Is this possible within Excel 2000?
Hi, I've used Excel on a get by basis for many years at work, and I'm just beginning to realise its vast capabilities, having viewed several groups which I didn't know existed previously. I subsequently would like to ask if it is possible for Excel to look at the numerical or text content of a cell on one worksheet and then look at a predefined range on another worksheet and find the equivalent cell content and then move the cursor to that cell? This has me stumped presently. Thanks in advance for any assistance. J.J. To actually move the selection, you'd need to use a litt...

Error by open contacts or activities after Migration to CRM 3.0
Hello, i ve migrated our CRM 1.2 System to CRM 3.0 Now I get a error-page when I open contacts or activities or so. I cannot open the main form of these entities (customizing). Any ideas? Stefan ...

Outlook 2003: export accounts settings

Outlook 2002 cannot see address book

Mail Rule
Hi, I would like to create a rule which would delete any emails which DOESN'T contain an attachment, any idea anyone? Thanks for your time, Uri. Here's one method: Rule #1 -- Condition - has an attachment. Action - stop processing more rules Rule #2 -- Condition - none (will act on all messages). Action - delete -- Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for Administrators, Power Users, and Developers http://www.outlookcode.com/jumpstart.aspx "msnew" <uri@manpower.co.il> wrote in message news:%235sIUzEgEHA...

Outlook/Exchange 2000 connection problem

Copy contacts
Is it possible to somehow copy contacts from CRM Contacts folder to Outlook contacts folder and vice versa? Hi Frenki, I wouldn't recommend 'copying' contacts from CRM to Outlook and vice versa as this can cause duplication. A good idea to make contacts available in both places is by clicking the 'Track in CRM' button inside each outlook Contact and as for the contacts in CRM, they will be created in Outlook during Synchronization. HTH, Niths "Frenki" wrote: > Is it possible to somehow copy contacts from CRM Contacts folder to Outlook > contacts ...