Importing Notes into CRM Query/Case

Does anyone know how to import notes from a excel csv file.
I am importing and creating cases of invoice queries and can not find the
data filed on mapping.
We have the notes tab locked so no one can delete information So would this
stop the field from being visable ?
I can how ever mapp the notes to another tab we created and they import into
there fine.

Please advise.

0
Nessa (9)
5/25/2010 1:06:07 PM
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

On May 25, 6:06=A0am, Nessa <Ne...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
> Does anyone know how to import notes from a excel csv file.
> I am importing and creating cases of invoice queries and can not find the
> data filed on mapping.
> We have the notes tab locked so no one can delete information So would th=
is
> stop the field from being visable ?
> I can how ever mapp the notes to another tab we created and they import i=
nto
> there fine.
>
> Please advise.

Nessa,
It has nothing to do with the notes tab being locked.  The Notes field
is actually NOT on the Invoice table (or Case, or any other object
that shows notes).  There is a table called Annotations that house all
notes in the system.   The notes probably mapped OK to another custom
entity because you probably created a Notes field within that entity
(rather than using the 1:M relationship to Notes?)

If you are using Live, you may be able to import those Notes from the
CSV, as the Live import tool is much better than the 4.0 on premise
tool.  (I understand that the Live version already has what will be in
CRM 5.0 on premise.)   I was quite pleasantly surprised recently to
find that with the Live import tool, you can import data with FK
relationships from csv files.  In other words, I imported Accounts,
then was able to import Contacts, and just specify the Account Name,
and the import tool found the proper GUID to stuff into the Contacts
table.

Anyway, if you are NOT using Live, then you might need to use the free
Data Migration Manager to make the proper mapping between Invoices and
Annotations.  HTH,
Dave

David L. Carr, President
Visionary Software Consulting, Inc.
Cell: 503-351-4207
Email: davidlcarr@earthlink.net
http://www.vscrm.com
0
davidlcarr (94)

Importing folders
How can I import old folders from a diskette into my new Outlook Express (under "local folders")? Any ideas? Thanks. This newsgroup is for support of Outlook 97, 98, 2000 & 2002 from the Office family for Windows PCs. For Outlook Express (OE) support try posting in one of these newsgroups: microsoft.public.inetexplorer.ie4.outlookexpress for OE 4.x microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie5.outlookexpress for OE 5.x http://support.microsoft.com/newsgroups/default.aspx?ICP=GSS3&NewsGroup=microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie5.outlookexpress&SLCID=US&sd=GN&id=f...

CRM and Mobile devices
Hi, does anyone know what mobile devices the CRM mobile can be used on? Pocket PC 2003 devices including the Phone Editions. Jason Hunt Technical Product Manager Microsoft Business Solutions CRM This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. "Jerry Warden-Smith" <jerry_nospam@ibbd.co.uk> wrote in message news:8b8d01c4964a$0b08aa00$a301280a@phx.gbl... > Hi, does anyone know what mobile devices the CRM mobile > can be used on? ------=_NextPart_0001_B285F5F7 Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit In addition t...

How do I increase query field length (>20 characters) ?
I want to exclude 3 or 4 variables from a particular query. Using Not "xx"or"yy" is fine, but when excluding more than this, query fails. I think the problem is that the total text characters is quite large (approx 60 characters in total, from four exclusions). Ideas, please ? 60 characters is not the limit. 1024 characters is the limit. POST the SQL of the query that is not working (View: SQL on the menu) or at a minimum post what you are attempting as the criteria. Also "query fails" does not tell us if you get an error (what is it) or the wrong resul...

Importing five row list from word 2003 to excel
I have a Word five row list I would like to import into Excel in a five column list. Every hundred items or so their is a new heading. What do I do? If it is in a word table you can cut and paste it. But you will have to reformat it. Once you get it into excel you can sort it and delete the duplicate headers. --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ ...

Query wildcard symbols
Just a heads-up in case this bites you, too. I migrated an application from Access 2002 to Access 2007. I have a search form for the users to enter some criteria ... the form dynamically builds a SQL WHERE clause before opening a "results" form based on an underlying query that includes all the fields available to search on. Once in Access 2007 format, the search form opens empty every time?! When I add selection criteria to the underlying query directly, the result set is empty every time?! Oh wait, I'm using the "*" (anything/everything) wildcard character. W...

import of excel sheet
Hello Group, at the moment I am evaluating MSCRM. In the course of this action I face a serious problem which prevents me from proper testing the functionalities. The error occurs, when I try to import some testdata and it states that an activeX-element could not be downloaded and import is stopped. Searching the web and group pages I added my CRM site to trusted websites and even allowed all activeX operations, but the error won=B4t dissappear. Our admin an me searched the active directory for a marauding group policy but: negative. Do you guys know of any other reason for this error or eve...

Can pdfs be imported into Publisher 2007?
I publish a newsletter. Ads are sometimes submitted as .pdfs. I have been using Publisher 2003, which necessitates converting the .pdfs to .jpegs. Will Publisher 2007 import the .pdfs as is? KSEditor wrote: > I publish a newsletter. Ads are sometimes submitted as .pdfs. I have > been using Publisher 2003, which necessitates converting the .pdfs to > .jpegs. Will Publisher 2007 import the .pdfs as is? ==================================== For import into Pub 2007...converting .pdfs to an image format is still the best option. Have a look at the following info from Ed Benn...

Importing QFX files
One of the financial institutions that I deal with provides downloads only in QFX format, not OFX. Is there anyway to import QFX into Money 2005 Standard? John Kane On 2005-04-29, jkane@ida.org <jkane@ida.org> wrote: > One of the financial institutions that I deal with provides > downloads only in QFX format, not OFX. Is there anyway to import > QFX into Money 2005 Standard? I don't know the answer to this question, but this guy seems to think that it doesn't really matter. According to him, QFX is OFX with Quicken extensions. I don't know whether Money will ...

CRM 4 Mobile?
I am wondering what options are planned for working with CRM 4.0 on Windows Mobile devices. All my searches so far seem to end with Mobile Express for CRM 3.0 and the Mobile Client for 3.0, and bad links pointing to the old Sandbox on the GotDotNet site. Any information is greatly appreciated. No information at this time ======================= John O'Donnell Microsoft Dynamics ISV Architect Evangelist http://blogs.msdn.com/usisvde "Brett" <Brett@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:83F08067-EF7F-4190-86F0-019342E06642@microsoft.com... >I am wonder...

Error
Hello to all. I am a CRM newbie.... and I am looking for a little help... We installed Microsoft CRM v1.2 on a Windows SBS2003 server. We followed the Microsoft Business Solutions CROM Implementation Guide - SBS2003 section - during the installation. During the install, we created a new CRM website in IIS, and added a host header ("crm") and added "crm" to the DNS on the server. So far, so good. But, we have a problem whenever I choose Start->Programs->Microsoft CRM->Workflow Manager.... The Workflow Manager Logon window is displayed. I am prompted to enter th...

Case Lookup 04-21-06
Is there a way to prevent resolved cases from appearing in the case lookup? Specifically... Create an email in Outlook. Click the 'Track in CRM' button. Click the 'Regarding' button. Change the 'Look For' to Cases. Currently this lookup displays all cases with no restrictions. I would like to restrict this to only show active cases. ------=_NextPart_0001_2F86B88A Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Hi Cindy, Thanks for the post. I will have to take a look at this to see if there is a way to filter the view. A quick glance at the issu...

Outlook Vote buttons integrated with MS CRM campaigns
Does anybody knows a work-around to integrate the functionality of 'vote buttons' in a MS CRM campaign (distributing email activity)? Since the email activity is distributed through the MS CRM email system, it is not possible to add vote buttons? Is there any way to send the campaign emails through Outlook, add voting buttons ("will you attend the event YES/NO"), and when the target member replies with yes/no it would automatically return as an "interested" or "not interested" campaign response...? ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Mic...

Trying install CRM 3.0
Hi guys, I'm tryingo to install the trial version CRM 3.0 but i'm receving two errors: 1) MS SQL SERVER: "MSSQLSvc service principal name not found for account CN=OFFICESYSTEMBR,OU=Domain Controllers,DC=officesystem,DC=com." 2) REporting Services "Setup failed to validate specified Reporting Services Report Server http://OFFICESYSTEMBR/Reportserver. Error: The report server cannot decrypt the symmetric key used to access sensitive or encrypted data in a report server database. You must either restore a backup key or delete all encrypted content and then resta...

Going CRM Offline
I am getting same error too. ...

CRM Time Error
Hi, The dates stored in the DB in sql Server is diffent, from when you browse it throghe IE. Correct dates shows in IE, but not in SQL DB. I am generating a Birthday Reminder which is not coming in the correct date since time in DB is Incorrect. Please Help..... Irshard Zahir Hi Irshard, The dates in the database are converted to the local date of the user. The problem can be tackeled by using the CRM SDK. Hopefully this works if not please let me know. Regards, Ron "Irshard" <Irshard@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9E7A1EC9-87E7-4B8D-8F0F-B7CFE9...

Importing a table from Access query
What is the quickest and easiest way to do the above? Thanks in advance. Hi The way I usually do this is run the select query, click on the top-right box (which selects all records) and use Ctrl+C to copy and Ctrl+V to paste into my workbook. An alternative is to right-click on the query in the Database Window and left-click on Export. In the Save As dialog box, select ..xls type. -- Andy. "Trish" <Trish@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6BF3DE22-6590-4CAD-9EE1-FC978A3BB63B@microsoft.com... > What is the quickest and easiest way to do the above? >...

Import data from Excel with main tasks and subtasks
I'm new to MS Project and need help with importing data from Excel into Project 2000. The data consists of Work Request numbers, individual phase numbers for the Work Request, name of each phase, and (phase) start and end dates. I can open the Excel file in Project and map the fields, however, the data shows up as individual tasks. I need to have the Work Request number and project name be a main, or top-level, task, and the data related to the phases be sub-tasks. Here's an example of how the raw data appears in the Excel file: WorkReq# ProjectName Phase# P...

Reading empty query returns
When I open a form that has a bound query as the record source, no data appears (including the control objects of the form) if the query's select statement does not finds records that match the criteria I specify. This causes a problem in my VBA code as the variable I use to check the number of records returned by the query does not seem to be able to read empty query returns, even if I use isnull. So I guess I am asking how can I get Access to read an empty result set in VBA from a SQL select statement that is run??? Here is part of my code for this: DoCmd.OpenForm stDocName2, , ...

Query Flaw???
I need only one value from an aggregate Query - TheStores, which means the Number of Inspections in a "From - To" Timeframe. I use that as part of a calculation. The "Inspections" table contains only a Store and an InspectionDate. It gives me the result I need...but no Join...the Query has several other Fields from "Randy_F_FindFreq", but has been trimmed as an example here. SELECT Randy_F_FindFreq.AAll, Randy_Insp.TheStores, Round([AAll]/[TheStores],4) AS PerAll FROM Randy_F_FindFreq, Randy_Insp; Is this "sound"? TIA - Bob Without a join yo...

Detecting Case of Text in a Cell
Hi All I know it's possible to change the case of text in a cell in Excel using Lower, Upper and Proper, but is there a function that tells me the current case of the text? A user has a spreadsheet of catalogue items, some in proper case and some in upper. He wants to seperate those in upper case into a separate sheet but I can't think of an easy way of doing it. Can anyone help? Colin -- Colin Vicary ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Colin Vicary's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=10472 View this...

Import data not in correct format
Import data reads: Need to do statistical anaysis on hundreds of numbers and Cell value # of Cells don't want to enter the numbers by hand. 3 1 4 2 Would like: Cell Value 3 4 4 ...

HELP! Microsoft.Crm.Platform.Proxy is not intended for direct use, please use the public SDK.
Can someone post the following DLL's from CRM 1.2? They should be on the installation CD. If you want to e-mail send to robert[at] ockhamgroup.com Microsoft.Crm.Platform.Proxy.dll (1.2.3297.0) Microsoft.Crm.Platform.Types.dll (1.2.3297.0) Details... I'm attempting the following solution: Moving External Data into Microsoft CRM: Lead Generation http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms913871.aspx http://download.microsoft.com/download/e/4/5/e45c4994-6878-4871- 8699-6793b8f13c34/leadgeneration.exe What I need is either: 1. a working compiled LeadGenerator.exe executable; o...

COleDispatchDriver::AttachDispatch equivalent via #import
Hello, I have an ATL in-proc server and an MFC exe. They both use COleDispatchDriver to automate Excel. I am trying to change to #import. Using COleDispatchDriver, COM method parameters are LPDISPATCH. I would prefer to not change that. How can I extract and insert the LPDISPATCH when using #import and the generated smart pointers? -- Bill Swartz, PhD Voss Scientific ...

CRM email Key
When attempting to send an email using Micosoft CRM I receive a "COMMUNICATION ERROR with a subtitle that reads missing Microsoft CRM key." I did not believe you had to have the Exchange Router installed to send email. The router is for automating routing of messages. Do you need this installed if you are not going to use automated routing? Thanks The Exchange Router is used to send emails, hence the error message you are receiving. Matt Parks MVP - Microsoft CRM ---------------------------------------- ---------------------------------------- On Sun, 14 Nov 2004 15:34:02...

Dynamics CRM 4.0
Hi, I've modified the format in the system settings screen to be "English (United Kingdom)", however all dates are still appearing in US format. Even when you expand the calendar control it displays incorrectly. Numeric values are correct - showing the pound sign and correct decimal point. I've restarted IIS, made sure all SQL logins are British English and the default regional settings of the server are set to British English. Even rebooted the server but this still hasn't corrected the problem. Can anybody tell me how to resolve this please Thanks I was looking ...