Importing leads and workflow

We are just implementing CRM and have a couple of lead lists that we
want to import (about 5000 records).  The sales force would like calls
automatically scheduled when the list is imported and would only like
50 calls scheduled per week.  I know that I can assign leads based on
various criteria to the correct salesperson.  However, is there any way
that I can create the phone activities and only limit to 50 per week?
Does workflow look at the salesperson work schedule at all or will each
sales person have 1000 phone calls scheduled for 3 days from when I
import?

0
Jess
8/23/2005 5:17:21 PM
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

There isn't anything in workflow that will natively do this.  You could
accomplish something like this by leveraging a PostURL that did the check you
want and then scheduled accordingly.  However, there is a chance it won't work
affectively during a bulk import as there may be a lag between checking the
scheduling and actually scheduling the call.

Matt Parks
MVP - Microsoft CRM

On 23 Aug 2005 10:17:21 -0700, "Jess" <jessica.hennessey@nxtierusa.com> wrote:

We are just implementing CRM and have a couple of lead lists that we
want to import (about 5000 records).  The sales force would like calls
automatically scheduled when the list is imported and would only like
50 calls scheduled per week.  I know that I can assign leads based on
various criteria to the correct salesperson.  However, is there any way
that I can create the phone activities and only limit to 50 per week?
Does workflow look at the salesperson work schedule at all or will each
sales person have 1000 phone calls scheduled for 3 days from when I
import?

0
Matt
8/23/2005 5:31:28 PM
thanks.  That's what I figured.

0
Jess

Problem importing data form textfile
Hi, We are migrating our database from Access 97 to Access 2003. In our 97 version this line worked fine: DoCmd.TransferText acImportFixed, "HDMARTPC", "tbl3031_HDMARTPCDAT", "C:\HdbDatabase2003\hdmartpc.dat" But in the 2003 version I am getting error 31519 (translated): You can't import this file. It seems that in Access 2003 it is no longer possible to read from a textfile with a suffix .dat, because when I rename my sourcefile to hdmartpc.txt, I can import this file with no problem. I only want to use the option to rename this file as a last resort, bec...

importing from express to outlook
i have imported messages from outlook express to outlook 2007 all of the folders have appeared and some of the emails however there are a lot of the emails that are not there. can anyone help please thank you Ideally you should export from OE to OL in order to mainatin the modified dates. If you had OE msgs stored in differing folders these would not neccessarily be exported I believe its neccessary to place all the msgs in the root OE folder "jm" <jm@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:CAED6E62-CFEA-4637-B715-071E159F2248@microsoft.com... >i have impo...

Hard Drive Crash---Import pst file
I have a back-up file (~ 3.3 GB) of Outlook 2007 from crashed hard drive . When I try to import PST file I get the following message: "Errors have been detected in the file" Tried Scanpst.exe to no avail. When I try to open directly from the recovered file using Outlook I get a message that the "attachment size exceeds the allowable limit" Suggestions on how to import/repair PST file would be greatly appreciated. Thanks. Jimmy Is this backup a copy of a pst file or was it created with some backup software? Is this file located on the current hd? Are...

Imported Money file has corrupt "ghost" bills
I own Microsoft Money 2004 and imported my file into the latest trial version. The problem: I have NO bills in my bills category since I erased them all but for some odd reason the bills (and their alerts) still show up in my main home page. When I click on each bill it goes to the Bills Summary page where there are no bills listed. I have this with 4 bills and it's pretty annoying since I can't erase them or shut them off and they are reoccuring every month. Any ideas for a fixbesides taking hours to make a new money file from scratch?? John Can we be sure that you do mean...

Bulk import of documents
Hi, i am still in the customisation phase but is there a facility to import documents to contacts? the current system is an accountants software package that stores the documents but basically every contact has there own folder which is named by their customer number. thanks there is nothing like this unless you develop or buy such a solution. These documents would have to be added to notes ============================== John O'Donnell Microsoft CRM MVP http://www.crowechizek.com/microsoft "jjbrisbane" <jjbrisbane@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:ukJick$yGHA.12...

Import .EXP
Ok, this one's really simple. I want to import .exp files from my Day-Timer. There is an ASCII option but that seems difficult. Anyone got a link/FAQ? Day-Timer Inc. isn't much help. ...

Import Trouble
I had imported a spreadsheet (done by a previous employee) into Access. However, I was informed that the table structure in Access was not functional. The spreadsheet looked like this (but the months go back for two years): GGP Customer Name July Revenue July GP August Revenue August GP So I adjusted my table to be as follows: GGP Customer Date Revenue GP However, now I have two years worth of data that I need to get into the new table structure. So importing doesn't work. I've played around with an Append Query but the only thing I got to populate was GGP,...

import data for user define entity
hi guys How i can import data for user define entity? Regards Hi, The Data Migration Framework only allows to import to the system defined entities. You could either create your own import application based on the SDK (which is fairly simple if you have programming skills), or you could use a third party like Scribe Software. Kind regards, -- Ronald Lemmen - MSCRM MVP Avanade Netherlands http://ronaldlemmen.blogspot.com/ "abboushi" wrote: > hi guys > How i can import data for user define entity? > Regards > ...

importing primary contacts using the bulk import
Hello all, I have successfully imported a csv file of all our accounts i exported the accountid to the contacts import excel sheet and did a vloolkup in excel and imported and matched the contacts to the accounts. Now i want to make one of the contacts a primary user, we did import into the dept a hidden field a Y if the user was going to be a primary user. I have exported out all the contactid and accountid from contactbase for users who have Y in the dept field using SQL ent manager How do i import into the accounts table matching on accountid, and update the primary contactid wi...

Can I import my excel worksheet to my address book
Probably. Will you address book import CSV. Is the excel worksheet setup like you address book. What does it say in the help file? -- Regards, Tom Ogilvy "joelcelyn" <joelcelyn@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:CD972561-C08E-447E-A56C-647FAC19CBD3@microsoft.com... > This is how I do it. The basics........Your layout may differ. Instructions here are for Name and Email address only, but adjust to suit for more columns. First have the names and email addresses in Excel in two columns. I set up also a third column with the names duplicated so when ...

Import table into database Access 2007
I use code: DoCmd.TransferDatabase acLink, "Microsoft Access", _ stSourceFullPath, acTable, stSourceTable, stNewTable, False but this only works when the source database is .mdb. What would be the codes when the source database is .accbd? On Thu, 15 Apr 2010 17:43:02 -0700, Manuelauch <Manuelauch@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: I just tried and it works fine for me. Are you getting any errors? -Tom. Microsoft Access MVP >I use code: DoCmd.TransferDatabase acLink, "Microsoft Access", _ > stSourceFullPath, acTable, stSourceTable, stNe...

Grabbing the 'node depth' when importing XML as a dataset?
I've decided that instead of doing an XSLT transformation on a file, I might be better off bringing it in as a dataset and having a bit more direct control over it at that point. The question I have is if one can determine the node depth as they import the XML. I could, obviously, just put the node depth in as another xml element at the time of creation, which really isn't a big deal, but thought I'd see if I could do it on the import side first. -Darrel -- ================================================================= Win prizes searching google: http://www.blingo.com...

Import Pipe Delimited File, Parse out certian Fields, create new f
In Excel 2000, how do I take a pipe delimited file, strip out column(field) 6, 10, 11, 21. Then take that data, create a new pipe delimited file, and put the stripped 4 fields in columns 4,5,6,7 of a 15 column(field) new pipe delimited file? I want to do this automatically on a file that contains 1000+ records. What goes in columns 1-3 and 8-15 of the new file? In article <4696CAA0-1DD3-45E3-9627-3FE001611AD2@microsoft.com>, "StarBoy2000" <StarBoy2000@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > In Excel 2000, how do I take a pipe delimited file, strip out column(fiel...

Re-import Published Web
I was curious about Publisher 2003 functionality. So I started fooling around with it. I created a website (kind of) in a few hours time that I will be constantly updating since the text in it are things I was blurting out at the time. It is http://drohr.000k.net So, as you can see I have a Publisher 2003 web site. Now, my desktop systems motherboard screwed up (bad ASIC chip) and I need a new one. OK. I am on my laptop for a while. My Publisher file (.pub) is on a SCSI hard drive that I cannot acces now or for a while. I "published" my site, which create an 'index.htm&#...

Workflow and Quote Values
Hello MS CRM 3.0! When a user is creating a new quote from an opportunity he can enter a value for "Bill to ZIP". When the user is selecting "Save and Close" at the form the values are stored into the database but when i create a workflow rule at the "create quote" event the "Bill To ZIP" value is empty inside the workflow. (And several others also.) I assume the "create" event is fired BEFORE the values are stored into the database. My Questions: Is this by design? If yes - why? How to send an email with the billing address on quote c...

importing schedule into outlook calendar
How do you import a schedule generated in Microsoft Project into your Microsoft Outlook Calendar? and is it a question of importing the schedule or importing the tasks? Hello Project Manager, There is no built-in method from within Project to copy tasks to a user's calendar. If you are using Project 2007, you can send a reminder to the resource a task on their task list, but there is no dynamic link -- if the task changes, you'd need to send another reminder. You can certainly import information manually into Outlook or automate it using code. See the following l...

Email Queue and Workflow
I have successuflly gotten the CRM Email Router to forward emails to the correct queue. I am trying to set this up to use in a help desk environment, but there seem to be a lot of steps involved in assigning items from the queue to a person and closing (deleting) queue items. Here is what I would like to do: 1. If someone replies to an email in the queue, I want that either moved to their assigned folder automatically or assigned to the in progress folder. I do not see a way in workflow to do this. Does anyone have an idea? 2. Change the name of delete to close or something that makes mor...

Workflow wont pass value to a picklist
Hi there, We are using CRM 4.0 and In CASE -> Priority we have 3 values High, Normal and Low Now I have a custom form called Software bug I created a workflow that create software bug when I'm saving the case form Inside the workflow I would like to pass the value from Case -> Priority picklist value into Software bug Priority picklist value (I created same picklist as a CASE) From some reason it pass the value to a textbox but not to a picklist When I select the picklist the CASE attributes become blank no records to choose? Is there a limitation of what you can pass as value...

Conditional Formatting in Workflow E-mail
Does anyone know how to perform conditional HTML formatting in CRM Workflow E-mails? My specific situation is as follows: I have pick lists in the Opportunity Form for different roles (i.e.: underwriters, brokers, case manager, account rep., etc.) which contain a few employee names in each. We created these pick lists because there is no way to create a custom lookup field in MS CRM to point to System Users (or any other table for that matter). I have a workflow rule that kicks out notification to their clients as to whom is responsible in the company for each of the roles. I need to r...

Budget import issue
We are using the Budget Wizard to import a budget from an Excel workbook. At the point of browsing to and locating the existing workbook the worksheets do not populate in the window for selection so we are unable to move forward and import the budget. We have done this successfully in the past - no issues whatsoever. We haven't made any changes to the version of Excel we're using. I have tried copying the workbook and even tried using one that we have successfully imported in the past, same issue. We can select the file but none of the worksheets show for selecti...

Lead Tab
I am converting the Potential Account Size field to in Lead Tab - Web Info Tab to a combo box using jscript in the OnLoad event. This code worked just fine in the Salutation field in Lead Tab-General Tab but refuses to work in this field and I am relatively new to jscript. Can someone give me a clue to what is wrong? Here is the code: //DROP DOWN BOX FOR POTENTIAL ACCOUNT SIZE //The potential account size lookup field to change. var fieldN = "new_potentialaccountsize"; //I'm saving the current potential account size value to set it as the default in the created combobox. ...

CreatedBy field use in Condition in Workflow
I can not use the CreatedBy field in the workflows condition. Does anyone know of a way around this. Thanks in advance You need to write ".Net assembly " to accomplish it :) . /Aamir ...

Primary Contacts for Leads
Is there no way to associate a Contact Record with a Lead? Thx Boolean1 Unfortunately no. Essentially the idea behind a Lead is that is a name and contact information that could potentially become a customer. We suggest using Leads for only storing "suspects" which is someone who either you have identified as a potential customer or someone who has registered on your site or at an event. Sean Fullerton MCSE,MCAD, MCT eMonarch www.emonarch.net "Boolean1" <Boolean1@comcast.net> wrote in message news:E82dnWNmo7tsrjPfRVn-gA@comcast.com... > Is there no way ...

Problem importing Eudora mail files
System is running XP Pro / Outlook 2002 SP-2. Trying to import mail files from Eudora lite 5.2. The address book info came over fine, but Outlook 2002 cannot seem to read the Eudora mail files. Keep getting an error message "Cannot access application files. Please check to be sure that program is not being accessed by other applications." ...

hyperlinks to work in workflow email?
I am using workflows to send simple emails. In the email I want to include a link to my firm's website. I have typed in http://www.myaddress.com and when I am building the workflow, the link "looks" live - i.e. it is blue an underlined. But when I actually test the workflow, the email that is sent loses the hyperlink functionality. What am I missing here? Melissa Hi Melissa, I have the same problem as before. I decided to used a simple html code HREF inside the body of the message to make this work. The html code will be automatically hidden when the email is sent....