Importing leads and workflow

We are just implementing CRM and have a couple of lead lists that we
want to import (about 5000 records).  The sales force would like calls
automatically scheduled when the list is imported and would only like
50 calls scheduled per week.  I know that I can assign leads based on
various criteria to the correct salesperson.  However, is there any way
that I can create the phone activities and only limit to 50 per week?
Does workflow look at the salesperson work schedule at all or will each
sales person have 1000 phone calls scheduled for 3 days from when I
import?

0
Jess
8/23/2005 5:17:21 PM
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

There isn't anything in workflow that will natively do this.  You could
accomplish something like this by leveraging a PostURL that did the check you
want and then scheduled accordingly.  However, there is a chance it won't work
affectively during a bulk import as there may be a lag between checking the
scheduling and actually scheduling the call.

Matt Parks
MVP - Microsoft CRM

On 23 Aug 2005 10:17:21 -0700, "Jess" <jessica.hennessey@nxtierusa.com> wrote:

We are just implementing CRM and have a couple of lead lists that we
want to import (about 5000 records).  The sales force would like calls
automatically scheduled when the list is imported and would only like
50 calls scheduled per week.  I know that I can assign leads based on
various criteria to the correct salesperson.  However, is there any way
that I can create the phone activities and only limit to 50 per week?
Does workflow look at the salesperson work schedule at all or will each
sales person have 1000 phone calls scheduled for 3 days from when I
import?

0
Matt
8/23/2005 5:31:28 PM
thanks.  That's what I figured.

0
Jess

Import Export Merchandising Software
A Management software for small size company in Garment, Fashion Accessories, Shoes, Bags, Luggage, Toys, Travel Goods, Sporting Products, Timepieces, Sundries, Household Items, Home Textiles, Plastic Products and etc. MerchanNet - Introduction 1. Objective. Provide an affordable price database software to Import & Export Company in Garment, Fashion Accessories, Household, Footwear, Toys, Timepiece, Home Textiles, Travel Goods, Sporting Goods, Electrical, Electronic and Sundries. By user friendly forms and departmental reports providing same functions and features of large scale dat...

Import from web query problem
When importing from a web query the cell value <10E 6/L or <10^ 6/L does not import ie target cell is blank. Same happens whether the middle space is left in or out. Cells such as <100 import OK. Any suggestions as to what is happening here would be appreciated. Thanks. ...

Import Mail from Netscape 7.0
I work for a company that uses Netscape 7.0 for our email. We are looking into converting to Outlook 2003, but I cannot find a way to import messages from Netscape 7.0 into Outlook or Outlook Express. All the articles I read are about importing 4.7 and below. Can anyone help me? Thanks! I believe that is the tool for it; downgrade to Netscape 4.7 first and import the messages into OE and then export them to Outlook. -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -Backup and Restore -Create an Office XP CD slipstreamed with Service Pack 3 ----- "Jo...

How do I import a Fasttrack Schedule Plus file into Project?
I have a project file produced in an older version of FastTrack Schedule 6.0 for the Mac which I need to import into Microsoft Project 2007. So far my efforts have been futile, and extremely labor intensive. Does anyone in the community have a solution based on experience? So far the import wizard in Project has been no help. jwamplerusa- contact the developers of fasttrack schedule, aecsoftware. they provide free technical support. they should be able to convert the file for you. here is their tech support number(US): 1.703.450.2318 email info: support@aecsoftware.com ...

How to add Opportunity link to workflow email
Hello, how could I add link to Opportunity, when sending email from workflow. Example: I reassign Opportunity to other user and workflow sends email to him and informs about new opportunity assigned to him. How to add hyperlink to email ??? I use MS CRM 4.0 B.I. On 2 Lut, 13:07, "B.I." <aid...@jdjdjd.lt> wrote: > Hello, > > how could I add link to Opportunity, when sending email from workflow. > > Example: > I reassign Opportunity to other user and workflow sends email to him > and informs about new opportunity assigned to him. > How to add...

Import data from Notepad to Excel
Can anyone tell me how to import data on a notepad sheet into an excel spreadsheet? I have been told this can be done but cannot locate the instructions. Thank you. Cindi File>open enter filename and select .txt from the filetype dropdown list. -- John johnf202 at hotmail dot com "Cindi Schneider" <cindi.schneider.amex@wspan.com> wrote in message news:048001c36ce1$03e708e0$a401280a@phx.gbl... > Can anyone tell me how to import data on a notepad sheet > into an excel spreadsheet? I have been told this can be > done but cannot locate the instructions. ...

Importing Text Files #2
Anyone know how to create an overflow for text files? I import massive amounts of data from a text file into Excel, and I always must do this several times after opening text file and deleting top 62000 lines. I found a macro online once, and had it set up on my computer, but have since reformatted and lost the macro. Anyone know where to find this macro again? Or know how to force the import to continue on a second sheet? THank you in advance for any help..... Adam HI, Play with this code - it'll ask you how many lines to put on a page before adding a new page and filling it u...

importing address book #7
Is there any way to import my address book from AOL/Compuserve into OUTLOOK? From AOL, no. Not sure about Compuserve. What formats does Compuserve support for exporting? --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer, Kagke asked: | Is there any way to import my address book from AOL/Compuserve into | OUTLOOK? Kagke <Kagke@midsouth.rr.com> wrote: > ...

Modify Lead Qualify form
Hello All, Is it possible to set the default value to 'YES' for Account, Contact, and Open Newly Created records on the Lead Qualify form? Thanks, Stephanie There is no supported way to modify the form. You could write some custom, unsupported Javascript to programmatically select the check boxes. "StephanieM106" wrote: > Hello All, > > Is it possible to set the default value to 'YES' for Account, Contact, and > Open Newly Created records on the Lead Qualify form? > > Thanks, > Stephanie ...

pst: import of the back-up
I needed to reinstall Vista, so, using the (.pst) export file wizard, I backed-up a copy of my Outlook 2007 file. I reinstalled vista and Office 2007 and the only content I can access in Outlook are the Inbox and the sub folders. There are no contacts/calendar detail - which I'm not too concerned at. However, all the content from sent mail is missing - the folder is empty - does a .pst backup not include the sent mail? If the backup should include the sent mail, how do I access them? I've ran the repair tool but it's made no difference? Why would you export to ...

Unable to update lead from campaign phone call
We are marketing to leads via phone calls activities with a campaign. I have created a workflow which is fired when an attribute of the phone call entity changes. Because the regarding field for the created phone calls is the campaign activity not the lead, I am unable in the workflow to update the lead record. Available to me for update are only the items that are linked via the regarding field. Any suggestions how I can update the lead record would be appreciated. Regards Justin Canavan ...

Lead �mport Fa�ls
A system error occurred wh�le the data was be�ng �mported.The �mport W�zard w�ll now Close Pleas Help Thank You Hi, There must be something wrong with the data which you are importing. Is there some more information in the Event Viewer? Kind regards, Ronald Lemmen Avanade Netherlands "New to this" wrote: > A system error occurred whíle the data was beíng ímported.The ímport Wízard > wíll now Close > > Pleas Help > > Thank You > > > Th�s Data �mports f�ne �nto my Demo System No Noth�ng �n the Event LOG &qu...

Importing a spreadsheet to a PO
Is it possible to use eConnect, or some other tool, to take a well-formatted Excel spreadsheet and import it into Great Plains as a Purchase Order? Thanks, Erin What you are asking is pretty common and not too difficult using either eConnect or Integration Manager. To accomplish it using eConnect will require a developer to spend some time. Using Integration Manager, there is a SQL Optimized adapter for the Purchase Order transaction. This will not require development, but will require some functional knowledge of the GP transaction and use of Integration Manager. "Erin Swift&qu...

Email templates in Workflow engine
Hi I am battling with using the template manager within CRM to create a email template. example. I want for ever new case that gets assigned to send a email to the client informing him/her who will be working on their case and what their case number is. I have created a template in CRM web front end, but in the template nowhere does it specify were you will be sending the email to. When I create the workflow there is also nowhere that I can specify where the email will be going. Any help or direction will be appreciated This is a strange "Feature" of MSCRM. You can either: ...

Workflow Manager 10-26-07
We recently had to reinstall our CRM Server, the redeployment tool was very helpful, however my workflow rules don't appear to be working. Any suggestions? I currently have a rule that in the past, after the technician completed his entry the ownership of the Service activity would change to me. Now the only way that happens is if you manually apply the rule. I just went into the manager file and noticed that all rules seem to be in a waiting stage from the time the server was brought back up. "deh" wrote: > We recently had to reinstall our CRM Server, the redeployme...

Can Winmail messages be imported to Outlook 2007?
I'm going to install Office 2007. Can existing Winmail messages be imported to Outlook 2007? vista's windows mail or ??? did you look on winmail's file, export menu? -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Need Help with Common Tasks? http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/ Outlook 2007: http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/ol2007/ Outlook Tips by email: dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com Subscribe to Exchange Mess...

Workflow Systems: Improving efficiency and compliance
Commercial organizations have long appreciated the benefits of business process automation. From banks managing mortgage applications, to utility companies tracking bill payments, they have learnt that much of their day-to-day business can be described by a set of well-defined business processes. They have also understood that if they use technology to automate these processes, they can eliminate time-consuming and error-prone manual intervention. This allows them to achieve more, in less time, with fewer mistakes. However, the real benefit is greater competitive advantage, as costs are reduc...

Runtime import code problem
jst belowI am using ac2007 in W7. To allow users to import some tables, my code uses DoCmd.RunCommand acCmdImportAttachAccess. In my accdb file, It opens the import dialog box, the user selects a file, clicks Ok and then sees the Import Objects box with the list of objects to choose from. In the runtime accdr file, all goes the same until the last step. I see the dialog box, but there is no list of objects and no tabs for tables, forms etc. In center where should be list of objects it says Press CTrl_Break to stop. If ithas any relevance, what is Break? Any help is much a...

Conditional import of Excel sheets
Hi, maybe someone can help me with the following: on a weekly basis I need to import 3 Excel files into an existing empty table (I run a delete query on this table before the import). The Excel files are stored in the same folder every week. Each file has a field showing [Current Year/Week No]. The three files show the current week for this year, previous year and the year before the previous year. How can you instruct MS Access (2003) to look up this field and to import only the approrpiate files (i.e. the files that refer to the reporting week)? I do have a calender function from which the u...

Importing text files
I am trying to import a text file into excel. The text file has a space where there should be a new line. Is there a way to make excel start a new line (row) with every space in the text file? ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/ ~~ View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ ...

Importing data #4
I'm building a datbase using Filemaker Pro for Macs. I can import data from an Excel spreadsheet into the datbase pretty seamlessly. I would like to send out an excel template and have people fill in the needed data (names, phone numbers etc.) I would like to merge all this info into one excel spreadsheet and then import it into my database. My question is what is the easiest way to merge all the separate excel documents (@400) into one document. Thanks ATC18 -- ATC18 ------------------------------------------------------------------------ ATC18's Profile: http://www.excelfo...

Importing clip art
I am working with Publisher XP on a new computer. I would like to import the clip art from my previous versions of publisher. I know how to import one clip at a time, but this is very tim consuming since in have versions going back to '95. Is there a simple way to import the clip art into XP from the previous versions. If you know I would greatly appreciate if you could send me the answer to my e-mail. Thank You. Tom, 1. Open Microsoft Publisher 2002 2. Go to Insert > Picture > Clipart 3. At the bottom of the Task Pane, click on Clip Organizer 4. When the clip organizer...

Import Data from the Web to a SpreadSheet
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) I just want to import data from a regular web site onto my spreadsheet. I have downloaded iodbc and no luck there...can anyone help...i have just switched over from a pc and have been using ms excel 07...all i had to do was to click data-from the web and just enter the webaddress...please help im going crazy with this...thanks in advanced... Excel for Mac isn't equipped with the Web Query features provided in the Windows versions. You have to write them as Text Files. This article gives you the 'how-to' but it ...

import text file to acc97
Hi I'm trying to import a text file containing some German characters to Access97, and the German characters seem to get lost. For example, if I have a simple file containing word 'Süd' when imported, it changes to 'Snd' This works correctly in Access2000 Any help would be appreciated. Thanks! Hi Steve, The first thing to do is to check the encoding that Access 97 is using (click the Advanced... button in the Text Import Wizard to get to it). Also check the fonts you're using to display the file in your text editor and in Access. If neither of those are the...

Working with QIF Files: Quicken QIF Import Fix
Searching the net for a way to get QIF files from Money to Quicken, I did find something useful. While it worked great for checking, savings, and credit card accounts -- I didn't have any investment accounts in Money to try it out with, so I'm not sure how, and if that would work. It involves editing the header of the QIF file in any text editor. Sorry, can't answer any questions about this as I used it to get my data out, it worked, and haven't used it since: Quicken QIF Import Fix Open QIF in a text editor and manually add an "account header". The account...