Importing Current Database into CRM Database

Hi,

I would just like to know if it is possible to tranfer my current database
into the Adventure Works Database(and if so how) or is it used just for a
few records for testing purposes.

You help will be highly appreciated...

0
Rock619
2/24/2005 7:01:19 AM
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

there is a redeployment tool on support.microsoft.com/downloads under
microsoft crm. This may help you.

--
John O'Donnell
Microsoft CRM MVP

"Rock619" <rodger@intervigil.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> I would just like to know if it is possible to tranfer my current database
> into the Adventure Works Database(and if so how) or is it used just for a
> few records for testing purposes.
>
> You help will be highly appreciated...

0
John
2/25/2005 5:45:00 AM
On Thu, 24 Feb 2005 02:01:19 -0500, "Rock619" <rodger@intervigil.com>
wrote:

>Hi,
>
>I would just like to know if it is possible to tranfer my current database
>into the Adventure Works Database(and if so how) or is it used just for a
>few records for testing purposes.

Is your current database a Microsoft CRM database or another system.

If it is CRM you need to use the Redeployment Tool that John
mentioned.

If is is another system you will need to export the data and load it
in using the Data Migration tools

The Adventure Works database (which you will have through MSDN or
Action Pack) is for evaluation/testing only and you should not use it
for production systems where you need to be properly licenced

>You help will be highly appreciated...

Julian Sharp
Vigence for MS CRM in the UK
0
Julian

crm token #3
when i track an email in crm3 should i see the CRM token (like CRM:0010001) immediatly in the subject of the message i just see the icon without the token number No, you cant able to see token right. it will append when perform send event -- Regards, Imran MS CRM Certified Professional http://microsoftcrm3.blogspot.com Chat with me on MSN / Gmail / Skype : ID Is :.. mscrmexpert@gmail.com "daoud hanna" wrote: > when i track an email in crm3 should i see the CRM token (like CRM:0010001) > immediatly in the subject of the message > i just see the icon without the to...

Error when adding new user to CRM
Hello all, I need to add 5 new users into CRM. When I complete the first form for the user information such as Last name, First name, email address, etc, then click the save button I receive an error page and the following message is logged in the Application log. MSCRM Platform Error Report: -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Error: The statement has been terminated. Error Message: The statement has been terminated. Error Details: Details on this error have not been provided by the platform. Source File: Not avail...

Track in CRM function
Hello. Upon selecting the “Track In CRM” button from the CRM line in Outlook I have two questions based on situation: 1) If the contact exists in CRM it appears to attach the email but provides no notice unless you try to attach it again? True? 2) If the contact does not exist it attaches the email where? In v1.2 it opened a window and made the user create a record. I think it is attaching or tracking the email in CRM somewhere because trying to do it again, I'm asked if you want to attach/track it again. Does this make sense? By the way, we are using CRM 3.0 Thanks. After c...

CRM 3 Slow Web Interface
Hello, I have 1 installation on Win2003 SBS Premium with 2GB Memory. The server performance is usually at 5% but the CRM 3.0 Web Client is very slow, it takes a minute to load the page from Account to Contacts in local network. the settings tabs works fast, e.g. settings > templates > e-mail templates but if I click in workplace then it takes a minute to load the page any ideas on how to fix it ? thank you athan Athan, there are many aspects to performance, so I don't know of any simple answers but I have a few questions. Once the pages have been loaded for the first time ...

Migrating data from ACT to CRM (how to get at act! data)
I intend on using the DMF to migrate data to CRM. The question I have is how do I get at the underlying database that ACT uses. I see the MS excel file for ACT has table and field mappings but I need to do some specialized SQL. I can't seem to figure out though how to get into the SQL database where the ACT information is stored. How do I log into that database? Thanks! -Elie From my days working with ACT, I thought the databse was built around Microsoft Access. If indeed the databas is SQL then you should be able to get your SQL DBA to grant you access to the SQL Database. -- Rgds...

Printing single labels directly from CRM 4.0
Hi! We are currently moving from CRM 3.0 to CRM 4.0 while at the same time introducing many new users to the system. One feature that we would like to have, partly to satisfy new users, would be to print individual account's or contact's addresses to a labelwriter. Basically, the idea would be that from any view you could select 1-n accounts or contacts, then click print label on the toolbar, and then the labels would print from your selected labelprinter. Especially when printing only one or a few labels, this approach would be preferable to printing eg through mailmerge. I'm n...

problems sending email with crm 1.2
Anybody please help me, i installed the MS CRM 1.2 like 2 months ago, it was working just fine, today my boss wanted to send an email with crm and the following message appear "An error has occurred. For more information contact your system administrator.",every user when is trying to send an email the same message appear even with the administrator account. WHAT TO DO PLEASE HELP Did you install the CRM Exchange E-Mail router? "Nepdy" wrote: > Anybody please help me, i installed the MS CRM 1.2 like 2 months ago, it was > working just fine, today my boss wan...

How do you import data from one Excel document to another?
Hey everyone, I work at a school and I'm trying to update their attendance reports from hand written to excel, but I'm running into several problems. For one, I need it to be able to calculate how many "Ab"s (absents) there are in the worksheet (for the individual student's attendance page). And THEN, I need to have the sum show up on a completely new document (for the overall attendance report). Is that possible? I've fooled around with data importing and several other things, but I'm just too new at this. If what I'm asking is possible, can anyone he...

Import contacts from Public Folder into Address List
Hi, we had an Address List that mysteriously disappeared. I have been able to restore its contents into a Public Folder of the same name as it was published as such. Now I have a Public Folder full on contacts but I need to move them back to the Address List which has been recreated but is now empty. Does amyone know how I may go about this? Thanks Simon Sorry, we are running Exchange 2003 Standard. Thanks "Simon" wrote: > Hi, > we had an Address List that mysteriously disappeared. I have been able to > restore its contents into a Public Folder of the same name as i...

Excel to Access database
Does anyone know how to convert a Excel document to an Access database? I got this link off of Microsoft.com http://tinyurl.com/2nqo5 If I understand correctly, I could enter data into an excell spreadsheet, which I am at least somewhat familiar with. When I'm done, I could convert it into a new Access database without setting up the Access forms. Any help is greatly appreciated. Gordon --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ Gordon: Hi. If there are headers to your columns, they should be in row1. In Access, start a new database file. In the "Tables"...

How can i null out a field going through CRM Update object
I have a custom field that i want to set back to null. Any ideas how i can do this through the object.update function? thanks ...

Convert old Q&A database to access
Does anyone know a free way of converting an old DOS based Q&A .dtf database to Access? There are only 6 fields: first name, last name, date of birth, date of death, cemetary, war if any. This is for a non profit that has been building a cemetary database for years and need to get something modern. I will build the Acces piece for free. But if I can't convert the data for free the project is dead. There may even be an export option within Q&A that would help. I didn't have enough time to look at it so far. thanks in advance, Mark Can Q&A export to .CSV (or any...

Unhandled database exception: A get/change operation on table 'Bat
During Edit Checks, we get the following message: Unhandled database exception: A get/change operation on table 'Batch_Headers' could not find a record. Then we get this message: This transaction was recovered during normal processing. You may continue processing this transaction. Any suggestions? You might want to run Check Links on payables. Before doing this, make sure you have a backup of your dynamics and company databases. Brenner -- www.KlenzmanConsulting.com "GPI" wrote: > During Edit Checks, we get the following message: > > Unhandled databas...

import dll
Might be a simple question, but the sources i've read don't state it explicitly: If I use *import* to import a .dll into my vc++ mfc project and build my exe, does the user's machine still need that dll file? Yes. "m rafala" <rafala m@cadmus.com> wrote in message news:umu0Vqy6DHA.2460@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl... > Might be a simple question, but the sources i've read don't state it > explicitly: > > If I use *import* to import a .dll into my vc++ mfc project and build my > exe, does the user's machine still need that dll file? > > ...

CRM 3 Talking Stock & Finance Software
Hello all, I want to integrate MS Crm 3 and our stock & finance software Any body can help me ? Stock software using MS Sql Server DB. they have installed same server. for example When i create an account in stock software or CRM account must be create both. How ? I'd look into the following to support your integration requirements: 1. 3rd Party Microsoft CRM Integration software with ODBC support such as Scribe Software: http://www.scribesoftware.com/mscrm.asp 2. Microsoft CRM SDK to custom build the integration: v3.0 SDK: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa682866.as...

Word/Office Integration as seen at CRM 3.0 Partner Readiness Event
Has anyone seen available resources on integration to Office 2003 applications such as Word?? I saw this demo'd at a Partner Readiness event back in Nov. 2005 and they showed a very tight integration with Word for not only mail merge and easy template building (with CRM fields available), but also a task pane that allowed update/edit of existing CRM records within Word. This was being demo'd as "CRM 3.0 tightly integrated with Office"...Ok, so where is this resource? Also, does anyone know where I can find the supposed 100+ CRM web parts for SharePoint?? thanks, A...

How to get rid of unwanted entries in the Outlook CRM tree view
Hello, If you use the crm outlook client you can easily create a new entry in the tree view of Microsoft CRM. But it how can you remove this entry again? Only by re-installing CRM? Thanks, Alex Are you talking for CRM 3, Humm, that actually sounds like a bug in outlook. -- Regards, MS CRM Certified Professional http://microsoftcrm3.blogspot.com Chat with me on MSN / Gmail / Skype : ID Is :.. mscrmexpert@gmail.com "Alex (crm-resultants.nl)" wrote: > Hello, > > If you use the crm outlook client you can easily create a new entry in the > tree view of Microsof...

Error accessing database
Hi all, I'm trying to log into a newly added database, but get the error: [Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][SQL Server]Prodecure or function smCleanUpFilesBeforeLigin has too many arguments specified. Then, clicking OK, you get another one: The stored procedure smCleanUpFilesBeforeLogin returned the following results: DBMS: 8144, Great Plains: 0. What has happened there, and how can I resolve it please? This happens even when logging in as 'sa' to the database. Thanks all, John ...

CRM 1.2 07-27-06
My company wants to move away from CRM 1.2. They want to keep using the CRM database because of the volume of data that resides their. Can they still use the CRM database after the CRM 1.2 license expires? Yes. You own the data. As for the "license", it doesn't really expire. You have the rights to use the software, but you have a support contract which will expire. Once that expires, you will not be able to get free upgrade tot he software, but you can still continue to use the app. -- Matt Parks MVP - Microsoft CRM "Hammer" <Hammer@discussions.microso...

Error Message when viewing CRM 4.0 Reports
We recieve the following event error when attempting to access any report. http://<reportserver>/reportserver failed. Error: The request failed with HTTP Unauthorized 401 Any suggestions? This is a new install. "Chris Timms" <ChrisTimms@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0E4DDBE2-58EC-408F-82E8-3B7EF531D392@microsoft.com... > We recieve the following event error when attempting to access any report. > > http://<reportserver>/reportserver failed. Error: The request failed with > HTTP Unauthorized 401 > > Any suggestions? Thi...

OL Contact -> CRM 3.0 Account ?
From what I know so far, I can enable an Outlook contact for tracking in CRM which in fact after creation of the contact in CRM creates a bidirectional link b/w the Outlook und CRM representation of the contact, tracking and automatically synchronizing changes between the two. So far so good. Now, quite a few of the contacts we have in our Outlook environement are really accounts (in CRM speak). Is there any (built-in or other) way to migrate them from Outlook to CRM Accounts without having to reenter all the data? Thanks, Markus And to extend the scope: What about the other dire...

is it possible to host multiple CRM databases on 1 SQL server?
Hi, Is it possible to host two separate (on premise) CRM server databases on one SQL server? I am trying to achieve the above scenario, but there can only be one MSCRM_config database on any one instance of the SQL server. The Implementation guide isn't too clear about what to do in this situation. - Can two CRM databases share the same MSCRM_config file? - Do I need to install another instance of SQL server for the second CRM database? Or is there another solution? Thanks Depends on your CRM installation. If you are running the Enterprise version, then you can add a new org...

Email automation of CRM per product according to sales cycle
Is there a way to automate Business Contact Manager for Outlook 2007 to email a set of contact records every 10 days according to product interest and according to where in the sales cycle that contact is? I hope I’m able to put pen to paper here and explain this clearly… The sales cycles is viewed as a Bell-Curve that begins at ‘Hello’ at the far left of the curve to ‘Starting to think about a product and collecting information’ as they climb up the curve to ‘Buying’ at the top of the curve and ‘Follow-up’ items such as warranty items or asking for a reference at the far right of the ...

Using Access database to "populate" Excel Sheets
Please help!!! I am willing to PAY anyone who can get this to run fo me. I have been trying for 5 days now trying to use a DBVlookup function t populate fields in Excel. I used examples from 4 different forums usin this function, but I cannot get any of them to work. I am somewhat ne to VBA so forgive me if I am not making sense in my questions. I have Excel Spreadsheet called "Account_Number". It is set up a follows: Column A is called "Account Number"..... Column B is called "Looked u description in Access". Account Number Description...

Signature for Email from CRM Contact
How do you get the signature on an email that is generated from the Contact Enity. The outlook signature works from the CRM standard tool bar. IS there something I am missing You'll want to setup an email template...I haven't figured out how to get my company logo in yet, but that's where you'll want to start... James Sanford "Brenda" wrote: > How do you get the signature on an email that is generated from the Contact > Enity. The outlook signature works from the CRM standard tool bar. IS there > something I am missing Thank you. I am also hav...