Importing and updating Products in MS CRM...

We are speaking to one of our clients on MS CRM implementation.
However we are stumped on one issue.

They have more than two thousand products and the price of these
products changes as frequently as once in a month.

Using DMF, we can import the products one off but how about updating
the prices at least once in a month.

Is there any user friendly utility available for MS CRM that can be
used by our client to import Products information on regular basis?

May be that someone will suggest SCRIBE but it is too pricey.
Any help is appreciated.

0
Onkar
12/15/2006 6:04:27 AM
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

Hi, Onkar.

We had the same situation, and even worse. We have several prices from
300-400 vendors each of which consists of ten to twenty thousand products.
And the prices changes happen every day of 3 or 4 of vendors.

The only one choice you have is to develop a program.

In our case it is Windows Service which automatically imports large amounts
of products from Excel files received from vendors.

Using .Net and Crm Sdk it is simple to create such WS.

Best regards,
Alexander Baskakov

"Onkar" wrote:

> We are speaking to one of our clients on MS CRM implementation.
> However we are stumped on one issue.
>
> They have more than two thousand products and the price of these
> products changes as frequently as once in a month.
>
> Using DMF, we can import the products one off but how about updating
> the prices at least once in a month.
>
> Is there any user friendly utility available for MS CRM that can be
> used by our client to import Products information on regular basis?
>
> May be that someone will suggest SCRIBE but it is too pricey.
> Any help is appreciated.

Hi Onkar,

Alexander is right and it is logical to write a utility usign CRM SDK to
import products on a regular basis. In fact, for you it maybe easier to
write a simple application to do it manually because you are not going to do
it very regularily than building a Windows Service to do it automatically.

We have done it a couple of times and have a component utility for the same.
If you can provide the sample excel sheet, we can come back to you with what
minor changes we may have to do to release a version for you. It should not
be too difficult as far as our experience goes to make it compatible with
different kind of imports. I am assuming that your products and its prices
are stored in some easily readable format like excel or csv as well as the
product name etc can match with the clients CRM.

HTH,

Sam
_______________
Inogic
Innovative Logic
Innovative solutions for your SME ERP/CRM products
E-mail: crm@inogic.com
Web: www.inogic.com
--------------------------

"Onkar" <budc57@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> We are speaking to one of our clients on MS CRM implementation.
> However we are stumped on one issue.
>
> They have more than two thousand products and the price of these
> products changes as frequently as once in a month.
>
> Using DMF, we can import the products one off but how about updating
> the prices at least once in a month.
>
> Is there any user friendly utility available for MS CRM that can be
> used by our client to import Products information on regular basis?
>
> May be that someone will suggest SCRIBE but it is too pricey.
> Any help is appreciated.

0
Sam
12/16/2006 4:54:36 AM
Thank you guys.
I agree. We need to write a script to import products in to MSCRM.

Sam - Inogic wrote:
> Hi Onkar,
>
> Alexander is right and it is logical to write a utility usign CRM SDK to
> import products on a regular basis. In fact, for you it maybe easier to
> write a simple application to do it manually because you are not going to do
> it very regularily than building a Windows Service to do it automatically.
>
> We have done it a couple of times and have a component utility for the same.
> If you can provide the sample excel sheet, we can come back to you with what
> minor changes we may have to do to release a version for you. It should not
> be too difficult as far as our experience goes to make it compatible with
> different kind of imports. I am assuming that your products and its prices
> are stored in some easily readable format like excel or csv as well as the
> product name etc can match with the clients CRM.
>
> HTH,
>
> Sam
> _______________
> Inogic
> Innovative Logic
> Innovative solutions for your SME ERP/CRM products
> E-mail: crm@inogic.com
> Web: www.inogic.com
> --------------------------
>

> "Onkar" <budc57@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> > We are speaking to one of our clients on MS CRM implementation.
> > However we are stumped on one issue.
> >
> > They have more than two thousand products and the price of these
> > products changes as frequently as once in a month.
> >
> > Using DMF, we can import the products one off but how about updating
> > the prices at least once in a month.
> >
> > Is there any user friendly utility available for MS CRM that can be
> > used by our client to import Products information on regular basis?
> >
> > May be that someone will suggest SCRIBE but it is too pricey.
> > Any help is appreciated.

0
Onkar
12/18/2006 10:55:50 AM
Hi Eksteen,

Our script can be modified to allow importation into a new price list
and other things too.

Can you just send a sample of your existing excel sheet/price list at
crm@inogic.com and definitely we can inform you about the pricing of
the script. Your programmer can modify it further to suit your needs as
we always provide source code for our components.

Will wait for your email!

Sam
_______________

On Jan 4, 10:26 pm, Eksteen <Ekst...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
> Hi sam
>
> was wondering. does this app/scripting of yours allow importation into a new
> price list?  and then auto link theproductsfrom the catalogue to them? and
> could I buy it and have my programmer modify it for our needs? can you direct
> me to a place where I can get this pricing?
> --
> Project Manager
> New Horizons: Amsterdam
>

> "Sam - Inogic" wrote:
> > Hi Onkar,
>
> > Alexander is right and it is logical to write a utility usignCRMSDK to
> > importproductson a regular basis. In fact, for you it maybe easier to
> > write a simple application to do it manually because you are not going to do
> > it very regularily than building a Windows Service to do it automatically.
>
> > We have done it a couple of times and have a component utility for the same.
> > If you can provide the sample excel sheet, we can come back to you with what
> > minor changes we may have to do to release a version for you. It should not
> > be too difficult as far as our experience goes to make it compatible with
> > different kind of imports. I am assuming that yourproductsand its prices
> > are stored in some easily readable format like excel or csv as well as the
> > product name etc can match with the clientsCRM.
>
> > HTH,
>
> > Sam
> > _______________
> > Inogic
> > Innovative Logic
> > Innovative solutions for your SME ERP/CRMproducts
> > E-mail: c...@inogic.com
> > Web:www.inogic.com
> > --------------------------
>
> > "Onkar" <bud...@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> > > We are speaking to one of our clients onMSCRMimplementation.
> > > However we are stumped on one issue.
>
> > > They have more than two thousandproductsand the price of these
> > >productschanges as frequently as once in a month.
>
> > > Using DMF, we can import theproductsone off but how aboutupdating
> > > the prices at least once in a month.
>
> > > Is there any user friendly utility available forMSCRMthat can be
> > > used by our client to importProductsinformation on regular basis?
>
> > > May be that someone will suggest SCRIBE but it is too pricey.
> > > Any help is appreciated.- Hide quoted text -- Show quoted text -

0
Sam

Quotes won't update
Ever since I installed Money Deluxe 2004 on a new PC I bought in April individual stock quotes stopped updating. All my quote updates were working in Money 2003 Deluxe prior to the 2004 update and the new computer and they are still working on my old computer. ALL OTHER INFORMATION ( PROVIDERS, MONEY UPDATES, ETC.) ARE WORKING AND NEVER CEASED WORKING. Individual quotes and the portfolio totals are not being updated, even though the date stamp in the lower left hand corner shows the correct date and time of the update and the message says the updates were successful. Microsoft phone...

CRM 3.0 demo password
I have installed the CRM Demo.vhd launched virtual PC when i get to the log on screen i use Administrator + pass@word1 and get incorrect username or password .... anyone seen this and found an answer Thanks -- Nigel London Same thing happened today for my fresh install. Must have put it in 8 times, then suddenly, it took it. Installed it on another pc with no problem. Go figure. Steve "Nigel" wrote: > I have installed the CRM Demo.vhd launched virtual PC when i get to the log > on screen i use Administrator + pass@word1 and get incorrect username or > password ......

Highlighting Updated Records
Hi I wonder whether someone may be able to help me please with a problem I have with a db I'm working on. I have a subform with approx 15 fields on it where on any given day can have their data amended, added or deleted. What I would like to do is to capture which records have been amended in a report within a given month. I know how to show which records have been updated by adding another field to the table which has a date stamp but my problem is as follows: I would like to actually show the individual fields which have been updated, rather than the whole record. Now I ha...

Ten calendar harm one of the products
Ten calendar harm one of the products www.laptop-battery-inc.co.uk/spy-pen.htm ...

Office 12 Error: EventType officelifeboathang with CRM v3c
Looking for help :) Client machine is a XP Sp2 build, fully updated, with Office 2007 Pro installed, again updated, with CRM V3c installed. For the majority of the time Outlook and CRM work fine together, but once a day it will crash, and the only error that is in the App log for that time is as below: Event Type: Error Event Source: Microsoft Office 12 Event Category: None Event ID: 5000 Date: 17/05/2007 Time: 10:47:18 User: N/A Computer: COMPUTER Description: EventType officelifeboa...

Pivot Table Updates Issue
My Data had a coloum containing stuff like Marketing Department Sales Department Shipping Department I built a bunch of pivot tables on this data. Then I changed the data to read: Marketing Dept Sales Dept Shipping Dept and performed a Refresh Data. Now, on the filter pulldowns on any of the Pivot tables, I see Marketing Department Sales Department Shipping Department Marketing Dept Sales Dept Shipping Dept The first three option no longer exist in any of the data, and I do not want them in the list. How to fix this problem without recreating and reformatting 38 seperate Pivot table...

Keyboard shortcut for editing links with updating
Can some one post the keyboard shortcut: When editing a link in a worksheet I don't want it update with new value when I hit Enter because it takes long to update(going over anetwork) and have many links to edit. ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/ ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ Hi there, There isn't a shortcut that I know of per se - what you can do is go to Tools-->Options on the Calculation tab change it from Automatic to Manual. This will apply to all links and calculatio...

Import contacts from received E-Mail in OWA (Outlook Web Access 20
Hello, if one of our customers receives a E-Mail with Outlook 2003 contact in the appendix, the OWA customer can open the appendix without problems, but it is not possible to save the the new contact in his own contacts. The button "safe and close" is not available (button is grey). Windows/Exchange 2003 native enviroment (last servicepacks installed), Office 2003 SP2, Windows XP SP2 (IE6 SP2) Could it be an administrative task in our OWA config or could it be a security problem? We already have check the MS KB-Article (883575) for the IE6 security and popup-blocker problem. ...

Updating Standard Costs
I'm looking for an easy way to update all of our standard costs so that they can be used for quotational purposes. Unfortunately, the only way that it seems I'll be able to accomplish this is if I can create some sort of SQL script. Depending on what the difference is (percentage) between the current cost, and the current standard cost they want the new standard cost to be the current cost * x% (where x is going to vary). We're using the Horizons Manufacturing Suite, and I don't believe it has this capability. Anyone else been in this situation before? How did you a...

Reassigned CRM Contacts and Outlook
When a CRM contact is reassigned to another user, is there any means of getting it to import into the Outlook Contact list? So far no luck here... The reason that it is an issue is for inclusion on the users Blackberry contact lists. There is no way to export a contact into Outlook's contact folders. The method of making this available to mobile workers that Microsoft has provided is to use Microsoft CRM Mobile for Pocket PC 2003, but this won't do your BlackBerry user any good. Matt Wittemann http://icu-mscrm.blogspot.com "frappe33@gmail.com" wrote: > When a CRM ...

Cost Update Method
I'm using POS 2.0. The manual and the help information indicate you should be able to update costs throught the Store Settings > Options > Inventory screen. I do not have the 'Cost update method" options listed on that screen. How can I have my costs updated using the weighted average method? Go to File>Configuration>Inventory, in Store Operations Manager. You should be able to select Weighted Average as your Cost Update Method. "BikeShop" wrote: > I'm using POS 2.0. The manual and the help information indicate you should > be able to up...

Importing vcalendar data to multiple users
I'm running Exchange 5.5. Several times a year I have to create a large group of users. I'd like to be able to pre-populate each user's calendar with pertinent calendar events. Is there a way to import this type of data in batch mode? See if http://www.slipstick.com/calendar/holidays.htm#company helps. ME wrote: > I'm running Exchange 5.5. Several times a year I have to create a > large group of users. I'd like to be able to pre-populate each user's > calendar with pertinent calendar events. > > Is there a way to import this type of data in batch...

Closing Opportunity
I've encountered the following error when i've closed this particular opportunity: Microsoft CRM Unhandled Error Details: Server Error in '/' Application. Unhandled Execution Error Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code. Exception Details: System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException: Source Error: An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and...

Linking directly to CRM
Is there any way to create hyperlinks that will pop up windows pointing to specific instances of CRM entities. Either in Read only or editable form? Not 100% sure if this is what you mean, but... If you open up a contact detail screen in your CRM, and hit F11 on your keyboard, it will reveal the url of that specific screen - it should look similar to this: http://yourservername/sfa/conts/edit.aspx?id={6505B000-A555-462A-A45A-C907246F55AF} And any user, which appropriate permissions and roles, can use that url to view that specific contact detail record. CRM Security will be respected...

restore CRM
we had to unistall our crm 3.0 and re-install it. we took backup of the databases before the re-installation. Can someone tell me how to repopulate the crm with all our previous records? if i reinstall CRM does this mean that any records i previously had (accounts, contacts, etc) will be lost? maria "Maria" wrote: > we had to unistall our crm 3.0 and re-install it. we took backup of the > databases before the re-installation. Can someone tell me how to repopulate > the crm with all our previous records? Just restore the sql databases if you still have the same doma...

Icons changed in Favorites since update
Just updated windows latest update - and now the icons in my favorites have changed to a "square with a star" - at least 80% are like this - what happened. Thanks for anyhelp ...

how to update calendar in publisher 2007
Why doesn't calendar wizard update the dates when you change the month? It only changes the month, so I end up starting from scratch. What am I missing? sjn The calendar wizard works okay, it is there on the right when you select calendars. You may have to scroll down a little. It says "Set Calendar Dates" The Design Gallery calendars wizards are missing, this is a bug I hope will be fixed in the service pack. If you are asking about custom dates and appointments, they will have to be typed manually on each month, or copy and pasted. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office...

DPM 2007 : Failed to update end-user recovery permissions
I have DPM 2007 installed on Windows 2008 SP2 backing up a file server also running Win2k8 SP2 (able to backup other systems without issue) Everytime it runs a sync job it produces a warning which is instantly resolved saying that ================================================ Status: Active Computer: BE-FS-01.ad.domain Description: Failed to update end-user recovery permissions. The operation failed because of a protection agent failure. For more information, open DPM Administrator Console and review the alert details in the Monitoring task area. ======================...

Using the Where clause in an update query
Code below was entered into the "Update To" field while writing a query in design view (Wizard)...As a result the "...operand without and operator..." dialogue box shows up. The intent is to update a number identification field to: "061-" & forms!main!line &"-"& equipmentlistings!numberset where forms!main!equipment = equipmentlistings!equipmenttype &"-"& forms!main!method Equipmenttype and Numberset are from the same table, equipmentlisting, all stored as text. Equipmenttype is chosen from a form. I&#...

CRM 1.2 Mail Router Problem

Microsoft CRM 3.0 Spontaneously Stops Working
Good Evening, I have been having some trouble as of late with Microsoft CRM 3.0. For some reason or another, perhaps after about 24 hours or so of continuous operation, something goes awry on the system and MSCRMServices stops responding. I have led myself to the conclusion that for some reason a DLL is spontaneously unloading or unregistering. The reason that I say this is that when I load the deployment manager after the problem has made itself apparent, only the License Manager node is visible in the navigation tree. Other nodes, such as those that allow me to add new CRM users are gone....

How to indicate an Asset is Retired in Integration Manager import?
Is there a way to indicate an Asset is retired when doing Fixed Asset integration of Assets? I don't see a place to mark or flag the asset as retired. Thanks Nevermind folks, I found the answer to my question, it looks like retired assets cannot be imported into GP. I found the following in KB article: 871638 "You cannot import retired assets. You can bring retired assets into the system as fully depreciated. But there is no field and no option that you can use to flag the assets as retired. You must perform the retirement process when the asset is in the system." "...

Importing numbers from 200 worksheets into 1
I wish to import numeric data from numerous worksheets, say upto 200, into an overall summary page. For example, I have 200 projects, thus each worksheet is named Prj1, Prj2, etc. In each of these I enter the numbers of hours that the workforce book to these projects. The list of workforce members can be up to 100 different designations, and different projects necessarily do not use the same combination of the workforce. For example: Column C Column E Prj1 row 17 lead electrical engineer 200 Row 23 Senior mechanical engineer 450 Row 51 Junior piping engineer 700 Pr...

Error code when you use WU/MU to install updates: 0x737D
Error code when you use Windows Update or Microsoft Update to install updates: "0x737D" (30 Dec-09) <QP> SYMPTOMS When you install updates by using Windows Update or Microsoft Update, you receive the following error code: 0x737D Additionally, you may receive the following error message: SQL Server Setup cannot upgrade the specified instance because the previous upgrade did not complete. Note: Microsoft SQL Server 2005 may be installed on your computer when you install applications such as *Windows Live Photo Gallery* and *Windows Live Mail*. [Doh! S...

Can MS publisher do this?
Can MS publisher easily create nice, professional looking letterhead that incorporates my Web logo, company name and address? David, Why would you want to include a web logo, that is probably 72, maybe 96 dpi into a letterhead where the lowest resolution of an object should be close to 200 dpi? It can do it, but a smart designer would redo the letterhead to make it closer to professional. Mike David wrote: > Can MS publisher easily create nice, professional looking letterhead > that incorporates my Web logo, company name and address? Hi David (geercon@alltel.net), in the newsg...