Importing and assigning ownership to crm user

Hi there,

I am importing data into CRM database using Scribe software, source data is
also on SQL tables.

Importing works perfectly using scribe adaptor. But I want to assign
ownership to the imported records.

I am not sure where the owner ID and Owner names are stord in the CRM
tables.

Can anybody help?

Regards,
Kyaw

0
Kyaw
11/23/2004 1:51:08 AM
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

You need to set the OwningUser filed to the unique identifiier of the system
user.

You can find the unique identifiier values in the Systemuserbase table under
the systemuserid column.

Laz

"Kyaw" <no@spam.net> wrote in message
> Hi there,
>
> I am importing data into CRM database using Scribe software, source data
> is
> also on SQL tables.
>
> Importing works perfectly using scribe adaptor. But I want to assign
> ownership to the imported records.
>
> I am not sure where the owner ID and Owner names are stord in the CRM
> tables.
>
> Can anybody help?
>
> Regards,
> Kyaw

0
Laz

Column widths get changed when another user opens my files
hello, i save an excel file on a network drive and when another user opens it the width of the columns are all changed. what's going on? How can we get stop this? thanks!!! ...

Excel
Is there a way to change an imported number such as: 7042626598 and display it as a phone number like: (704) 262-6598 ? Thank you, Be -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Ben, Yes you can format the cells containing the 10 digit number to a phone number. Highlight all the required cell and on the Main menu choose Format/Cells/Number/Special/Phone Number Charlie O'Neill >-----Original Message----- >Is there a way to change an imported number such as: > >7042626598 and display it as a phone number like: > >(704) 262-6598 > >? > > >...

User able to see records that he is not supposed to
Hi, I have a user having a role that has permission to read only records that are created by him. He is able to see records that are assigned to a team X. He is not a member of team X. I have no clue how he is able to see it. I have checked every setting very carefully.Please help. IS IT a Microsoft CRM BUG??? Cheers, kunal Hi, Kunal, Can you please provide the specific settings of the security role(s) assigned to the user? Thanks, Leslie -- This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. Please do not send e-mail directly to this alias. This ...

Opening another user's appointment copies appt into my Calendar
I frequently open other users' appointments when viewing their calendars. However, upon opening the item, a copy of the appointment then appears in my personal calendar. Does anyone know why this is happening and how to make it stop? Thanks. ...

Interested in Microsoft CRM
My company is a Financial Services company that is interested in implementing MS CRM. This would initially be done for the Investment Advisory portion of our business and later implemented for the rest of the organization. Are there any MS CRM customers/clients in the Investment Advisory business that can comment on their deployment of MS CRM and there overall experience as far as usage of this solution? Also, can you comment on whether the solution was useful without customization or was there customization to the product. If there was customization, then how much (% amount) and wh...

Exchange / Outlook 2003 Public Folder Shared Calendar
We run an Exchange 2003 server with Outlook 2003 clients (via Citrix), on Windows 2003 Server. I have a bit of an odd problem with a public folder shared calendar I created for one of our offices. I created it in the normal way in Outlook, and applied appropriate permissions to all the users in that group. They can all see the calendar, and although they can add entries to it, they cannot see the appointments added by their colleagues - which pretty much negates the point of having it in the first place. I don't think it is an issue with the free / busy replication, as there is only one se...

Track in CRM Button
For some users, the track in crm button does not appear when they try to setup calendar appt using outlook. We did install on clean machine for one user experiencing this and the crm button does not appear. Our enviromentL 1. Outlook 2007 2. IE 2007 3. CRM 3.0 with Rollup Update 2 also looked at the following hotfix http://support.microsoft.com/kb/939175/en-us which only applies to Outlook 2003. Are there any other hot fixes that may apply to Outlook 2007? Thanks. ...

Exchange GAL in CRM
Is there an easy way to import the Exchnge Gal into CRM Contacts? ...

CRM HTTP Error 401.1 IIS
Hei, I installed CRM on the Windows Server 2003 on three box for 100 users. All users registred in the CRM Server and working on the clients. A: 1 for Active Directory Domain controler (ADSRV) B: 1 for SQL 2000 + CRM Server ver 1.2 (CRMSRV) C: 1 for Exchange Server 2003 (EXSRV) i have one problem that when i type http://crmwebsite on the CRMSRV then i get "HTTP Error 401.1, Unauthorized: Access is denied due to invalid credentials. Internet Information Services (IIS)". When i try it on the ADSRV then it works well. It is also working well on the client c...

MS CRM 3.0 Customer Case Problem
Dear CRM Experts, I have a problem with MS CRM 3.0: I want to create a web based form in our company website that customers create their Cases (tickets) by it and we (I and my Tech. staff) response to them (Ticketing system). It seems for security reasons we shouldn’t allow CRM browsing outside of our Internal Network (Intranet). Please help me how can present solution for this problem. Best Regards, Mohsen Ahmadi You have a couple of options. There are third-party apps that will let you integrate CRM with your website, but with 3.0 you would probably need to purchase the External C...

How to stop tracking a Contact in CRM 4.0
How do I stop tracking an Outlook Contact that has been set to "Track in CRM" Hi Ken, The "Track in CRM" for contacts turns to "View in CRM" when a matching contact record is created in the CRM database. If you no longer want that contact in CRM then you can delete it, then it will say "Track in CRM" again. "Ken Florian" wrote: > How do I stop tracking an Outlook Contact that has been set to "Track in CRM" ...

Error while import BCM Database into CRM 3.0
I am trying to import BCM Database into CRM 3.0 When I run " Data Migration for Microsoft Outlook Business Contact Manager" wizard I get an unexpected error. Can someone help ? thanks Here is the Log: 8/21/2007 5:15:38 PM------>Transitioning to next screen. From: Welcome screen. To: PreconditionCheck screen. 8/21/2007 5:15:38 PM------>Connecting to Microsoft CRM Shamir_Systems_MSCRM 8/21/2007 5:15:39 PM------>Checking that Microsoft CRM Data Migration Pack is installed: Success 8/21/2007 5:15:39 PM------>Establishing connection to CDF database: Success 8/21/2007 5:1...

CRM 1.2
I am going to move the CRM SQL databases to a new server. We will also be moving Great Plains off the CRM server and on to the new SQL server. We are bouncing around the idea of naming the new SQL server to the name that the current CRM server uses and renaming the current CRM server. The thinking here is that we won't have to touch the Great Plains clients. What kinds of issues can I expect in this scenario? I believe that CRM "might" make us of the SID in which case I would need to use SysPrep to create the new one? I wouldn't think that this is that unusal of a proje...

Outlook vs. webaccess crm 4.0
Hi 1) Could someone specify the pros and cons (especially the difference in the "functionality" options) for the end users - if they use the Outlook client or if they use a Webbrowser? 2) What are most common ? thanks for any feedback... It's true you can do everything on the web version or the Outlook version. The biggest feature of CRM is the fact you can everything inside of Outlook and not have to go a different application. Outlook: 1 - Easier concept for end users (especially Sales folk) to grasp. "you don't need to learn a new application - it's ju...

CRM 4.0 DESKTOP client for Outlook don't load all options (?)
Today I found some problem in CRM Desktop Outlook client...when I try to create e-mail quick campaign I did't find option "e-mail via mail merge" and the same option for list. In CRM menu (in Outlook) under Otions I didn't found "synchronization" tab. After restart Outlook for few hours all was ok, but after I observed the same situation, restart and all is ok... Is some solution of this problem... ...

Import/Export addresses
I have contacts in Outlook 2003 that I would like to export to Outlook express and need some help on the best way to do this. Thanks "Richard Mahan" <dmachen35@comcast.net> wrote in message news:v-idnQYiANC_CFLZnZ2dnUVZ_qqdnZ2d@comcast.com... >I have contacts in Outlook 2003 that I would like to export to Outlook >express and need some help on the best way to do this. Thanks > In Outlook, export Contacts as csv file. In Outlook Express, Import-Other address book-Text file csv. HTH ...

how to import holyday in calender
Hi In Exchange 2003, shared calender in public folders. How do you import holydays in that calender, to be shown in Outlook or using OWA ? regards lars Hi, Start Outlook with a user that have permissions on the shared calendar, change the calendar view in Outlook so that each holiday is desplayed as one line, copy these to the shared calendar. Leif "Lars" <no@spam.com> wrote in message news:OcENBXeUGHA.5332@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl... > Hi > > In Exchange 2003, shared calender in public folders. > How do you import holydays in that calender, to be shown in...

Watch these important pack
--xfjwqznj Content-Type: multipart/related; boundary="mxkczvlngqn"; type="multipart/alternative" --mxkczvlngqn Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="oorghxqer" --oorghxqer Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable MS Client this is the latest version of security update, the "October 2003, Cumulative Patch" update which eliminates all known security vulnerabilities affecting MS Internet Explorer, MS Outlook and MS Outlook Express as well as three new vulnerabilities. Install now to maintain the security of your com...

Installing CRM on 2003 Web Edition
Has anyone installed CRM 1.2 on Windows Server 2003 Web Edition. The implementation guide is says it is a supported OS, I am planning on attaching WS03 Web Edition to an SBS 2003 server. I know that the supported configuration has everything on the single SBS box, but I would much rather put some things on other boxes. I am also planning on putting SQL Server on its own box as well. Any comments on this configuration? thanks, Geoff Hi, Beware that SQL Server cannot be installed on a Web Server edition ! -- Olivier Schmitt Microsoft Business Solutions Support Ce message est fourni...

scripting adding obj-users and mdb-use-defaults to exchange 5.5 users
I have successfully created a script for creating exchange 5.5 users. I can't however, figure out how to add the assoc-nt-account to the obj-users [pseudo attribute] or set MDB-Use-Defaults to True :-( Can anyone offer advice on how to do this [other than generate a CSV file and use the exchange admin tool to import it]? Thanks Wayne ...

CRM and Exchange Problems
Dear All, i have a problem between CRM and exchange, my setup is as follow:- i have a single computer with Windows Server 2003 installed, Exchange 2003, and CRM 1.2, CRM is working just fine, the samething is with Exchange OWA, however, i can't get CRM to send mails throught Exchange, i've installed the Exchange E-Mail Router but with no success, is there is any kind of incompatability between CRM and Windows or Exchange 2003, is there is any guide to follow to solve this? Thanks in advance GQ ...

Creating opportunity using CRM api
Looking for an example of how to load the crm api to create an opportunity using C#. I'm way new to this and have downloaded the CRM 3.0 sdk but not sure how I access the information it contains. What I'm hoping to find is an example of creating an opportunity with just the necessary information so I can build on it from there. I appreciate any help! Hi Jeffa When you install the SDk you will notice there is a help file in the installed directory of the SDK, I think it is crmsdk3_0.chm Open the helpfile and search for create, there are lots of examples let me know if you get s...

Crystal Reports 9.2.3 and CRM
Hi, I'd like to know if CRM does work fine with the Crystal Reports Pro Version 9.2.3. I know the recommanded version is 9.2.2 but was just wondering if somebody successfully worked with 9.2.3/CRM Thanks Eric I have used a version line 9.2.4 so I would assume yes it will work. Only way to be sure is to try it. -- John O'Donnell Microsoft CRM MVP http://www.mscrmfaq.us "Eric" <NOSPAMerich742001@yahoo.fr> wrote in message news:%23GB4wV9SFHA.1040@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > Hi, > > I'd like to know if CRM does work fine with the Crystal Reports Pro Ve...

Moving CRM
Hi All. I am in the process of relocating CRM 1.2 to a new SBS 2003 Server. If I have not created any custom reports with Crytal Reports, is it really necessary for me to back that up and then restore it on the new server? Since I have only been using the default reports, shouldn't everything be fine??? THanks! Jake, You shouldn't need to migrate the reports. But, are you using the redeployment tool for this? If so, then there may be some reasons that this introduces that make it a requirement. Matt Parks MVP - Microsoft CRM ---------------------------------------- ---------...

CRM 3.0 Mobile for Cingular 8525 (HTC Hermes)
I was just looking at the minimum requirements for CRM 3.0 Mobile and I see only the Texas Instruments and Intel processors listed. The 8525 uses a Samsung 400MHz processor. Is there a plan in place to test and release on this platform? The Intel processors usually mean Xscale processors or ARM processors. The Samsung chip is almost certainly a repacked ARM processor so should work. ============================== John O'Donnell Microsoft CRM MVP http://www.crowecrm.com "captbackfire" <captbackfire@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A818737C-44F3-4...