Importing Accounts intto MSCRM

I'm trying to import Accounts into MSCRM 1.2 with the DTS. But
unfortunatly without succes. I think I make a simple error when I
import the excel file into the CDF. It's also possible that my excel
file is not correct. I studied the documentation several time from the
beginning to the end, without success.
It would be perfect when somebody could send me an example of an
import file which was a success (account, contact what ever....). With
this, I could verify if my installation is fine and the import process
works. Or if somebody has another idee, your welcome.

Regards
Pauler
0
pauler66
10/18/2004 2:54:32 PM
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

In the documentation, there is an excel sheet that lists all required
fields. When you bring your data into the CDF, make sure all required fields
are populated. Make that all records to migrated also have a valid CRM user
mapped to them.
HTH.
Rick.

"Pauler" <pauler66@tiscali.ch> wrote in message
> I'm trying to import Accounts into MSCRM 1.2 with the DTS. But
> unfortunatly without succes. I think I make a simple error when I
> import the excel file into the CDF. It's also possible that my excel
> file is not correct. I studied the documentation several time from the
> beginning to the end, without success.
> It would be perfect when somebody could send me an example of an
> import file which was a success (account, contact what ever....). With
> this, I could verify if my installation is fine and the import process
> works. Or if somebody has another idee, your welcome.
>
> Regards
> Pauler

0
Rick

Import email from ACT
Hi all, I am assisting a friend's firm in migrating off ACT for their email. They are using it as a shared database, and it is truly, truly, funky, and they regularly cannot send mails out. I'd like to migrate them to individual copies of Outlook as an interim solution, and ultimately to a managed solution like Exchange. Is there a way to import mail from ACT to Outlook? I've seen a number of items on this as I researched this, but it all seems to apply to earlier versions of ACT and Outlook. The environment is ACT 6.0 and Outlook 2003. Ideally, I'd like to preserve the d...

Multiple Account Lookup fields
Hi all, These newsgroups have been an immense wealth of knowledge, thank you to all who contribute! I have one item that I'm struggling with. I have added a custom entity and added two N:1 relationships back to the accounts. This is giving me two lookup fields on the form for the custom entity which is what I wanted. However, what I didn't realised is I now show the custom entity twice on the Account form. I'll give an example of what I'm looking for, let's say I have a custom entity for a Building. What I want is to have a lookup field linked to an Account fo...

Problem opening files in excel with a specific account
Hi. We have problmes opening a couple of files in excel, without any specific error message. The application just "hangs". When we log on to WXP as another user, the files work fine. We have re-installed excel, deleted and recreated the user profile which has problems, but still no luck. Anybody got a clue why this is happening? The computer excel is running on is a DELL Optiplex Pentium HyperThreading machine. Thansk in advance. Sometimes cleaning up the windows Temp folder will help. If that doesn't help, sometimes the file that contains the toolbar customizations...

Setting up multiple accounts in Wndows live mail
I set up two accounts and I received messages from both accounts in to the default account. What do I need to correct? Do you mean that messages for both accounts are populating the same Inbox folder? If so, create another folder called Inbox2, for example, and then create a rule to move one of the account's messages in to it. "Bob" <Bob@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4EE09688-A477-4AE8-BA74-5B7104BF951C@microsoft.com... > I set up two accounts and I received messages from both accounts in to the > default account. > What do I n...

E-mail accounts setup
Hi, I am new to Outllok. I use Outlook 2007 in both my desktop and my laptop. When I have to travel I copy the PST file to my laptop and viceversa. However, the e-mail account settings are not synchronized and some passwords lost , so I need to reconfigure all the accounts every time (4). Is there any solution for this or am I am missing something ? Thank you Bangali The rules & accounts are saved by the Office Save My Settings wizard. -- Kathleen Orland Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ http://www.howto-outlook.com/ "Bangali" wrote: > Hi, > I am new t...

Re-enabled AD account can't open it's mailbox
Hi, we just disable the wrong users AD account, so we renabled it and they now cannot access their mailbox: They error on the Exchange 2003 server is: Disabled user /o=Company name/ou=New York/cn=Recipients/cn=Joe.Bloggs does not have a master account SID. Please use Active Directory MMC to set an active account as this user's master account. Try this article http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=278966 Nebojsa Seslija "SW" <SW@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A43EEC0E-D62D-4213-9BC4-503EAA12E40A@microsoft.com... > Hi, we just disable the wrong u...

Importing email addresses
Can anyone tell me how to import names and email addresses into an address book in Outlook XP? Thanks, Everet A. Leimer Leimer@bellsouth.net File > Import and Export... Entries go to your Contacts Folder. There is no address book in Outlook. Your Contacts will appear in the Address Book view by default. -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] <leimer@bellsouth.net> wrote in message news:b2xGc.22822$XF5.2513@bignews4.bellsouth.net... > Can anyone tell me how to import names and email addresses into an address > book in Outlook XP? > > Thanks, > > > Everet A. Leimer &...

Import "tab name" to cells
Hi. Is there a way to import the name of each tab to each worksheet? I'm creating a rather large worksheet and each workpaper needs to have the name of tab listed at the top. Please help!! Instead of using the Header/Footer option, I need to show the name of each tab in, for example, cell A1 of each w/b. Thanks. >-----Original Message----- >What do you mean? >You want to print them? > >"Stan" <stanyoo@yahoo.com> schreef in bericht >news:8db601c35b60$0b56c5d0$a001280a@phx.gbl... >> Hi. >> >> Is there a way to import the name of each ...

selective import data from SO to HQ
Can i selectively import data(customer, cashier, etc.) from SO to HQ and export it out to other new stores? Thanks. - The customer data is brought to HQ automatically through Worksheet 401. So answer is NO you cannot be selective about this. - Cashiers are not global setting [unless you use RR HQ Misc that allows you to have global cashier and send messages from to store]. Afshin Alikhani - [afshin@retailrealm.co.uk] CEO - Retail Realm -- URL http://www.retailrealm.co.uk "JayK" wrote: > Can i selectively import data(customer, cashier, etc.) from SO to HQ and > expo...

managed account test #2
This is a test to see if my account is showing up as a managed account. Todd, is it fixed yet? Craig This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0437_01C6E17C.8F50F680 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="Windows-1252" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Craig, I think Todd is on vacation and I don't know if the replacements will = see it. Be patient. --=20 * Get Secure! - www.microsoft.com/security You must be using Outlook Express or some other type of newsgroup reader = to see and download the file attachment. If you are not using a rea...

Money 2004: Can't balance savings account
Hello, I'm trying to balance my saving account in Money 2004. This is the first time for this account. I fill in all the info such as statement date, ending balance, etc. Then when I hit "next" nothing happens. The dialog stays up and I can't continue. The only way to get out is to hit "cancel" which of course doesn't balance the account. Anybody know what's going on? Thanks, Boaz ...

can msn email msgs be imported to outlook? thanks
can msn email msgs be imported to outlook? thanks This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_003D_01C6E208.943A9200 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="Utf-8" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable There was a feature but I don't believe future versions of Outlook will = support it. I would transition to a pop or imap account as your mail = email. There are services that will retrieve your MSN mail and redirect = it to your other email account. =20 e-Commerce unveiled The e-book http://www.projectthunder.com http://blog.projectthunder.com "r...

Import from Outlook Express #2
As I switch from Outlook Express to Outlook how can I import my e-mails without losing the original received dates? In OE - go to File-Export. "Richard" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:18e801c3a8a6$4ea68800$a601280a@phx.gbl... > As I switch from Outlook Express to Outlook how can I > import my e-mails without losing the original received > dates? ...

importing statements
I'm getting an error when trying to import my bank statement. It reads "A transaction in the QIF file has a date that could not be resolved and therefore was not recorded into your Money file. Check your Regional Settings in the Windows Control Panel to make sure they match the date format of the QIF file, and then try importing the file again." Please help! Thanks In microsoft.public.money, teresa wrote: >I'm getting an error when trying to import my bank >statement. It reads "A transaction in the QIF file has a >date that could not be resolved a...

Text Import Specification Missing
I'm trying to automate a text import in Access 2007 using VBA (doCmd.transferText) and am getting an error message that the text import specifiation does not exist, although it appears and runs on the "saved Imports" screen from the external data tab, and the query will run. Any ideas how to (1) find the saved import specifications in VBA and add this one to the collection, or (2) how to save a new import specification in a way that can be found by VBA? If this database started out in an earlier version of Access, you can import it from the old MDB by clicking: ...

SBS2008 wizard corrupts accounts randomly
On two different installations of SBS 2008 I have, after weeks of use, gone in to an account and checked the enforce email quota option to find that when I apply the change it complains that the email address is already in use, there is no way to save the settings. If I click cancel the change is not implemented and the user will be unable to receive email from SOME internal users. In todays problem I was using the Support account, the local administrator account I created during the install, and when I unchecked the Quota Limit and then clicked APPLY it complained that the em...

Install these important update which came from M$
--owvkjtiqboa Content-Type: multipart/related; boundary="qdctqywrb"; type="multipart/alternative" --qdctqywrb Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="rasxplduzzrea" --rasxplduzzrea Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable MS Consumer this is the latest version of security update, the "October 2003, Cumulative Patch" update which resolves all known security vulnerabilities affecting MS Internet Explorer, MS Outlook and MS Outlook Express. Install now to protect your computer. This update includes the functionality =...

how to export email account in OL2002
how to export or save email accounts so you can import them back after you reinstall your windows/office? Thanks, ...

how to import PDF in Publisher 2003
I have created a website in publisher 2003. I have also created several PDF files that need to be downloaded from my website by my students. However, when i insert all hyperlinks and publish the website, the hyperlinks for the PDF files do not work at all. I have tried hyperlinks linking to the documents on my harddrive and to my network folder. I have gone through several discussion groups now but no one seems to have the answer. The only thing I have seen so far is that I need to import my PDF files into my website and then save or publish my website to the web. However, I do not know hwo to...

Money 2005
-- ... Hank http://horedson.home.att.net http://w0rli.home.att.net See reply in other post. ...

401k account setup
I'm currently running MS Money2004. Suddenly, after many years I went to setup a new 401k account for me. But,when the wizzard requires me to enter who the account belongs to, that drop down menu only gives me the choice of either my wifes first name, or her first & last name. When I manually type in my name & press enter I get an error message that only a max. of 2 names can be accepted by Money! This all happens despite the fact that Money has my name & my wife's correctly recorded under "personal information". Does anyone have a fix? Also, the help menu no long...

Importing dates from text file
I have counter data from a windows 2000 servers which I am trying t graph. The text file has data in the format below. "(PDH-CSV 4.0) (GMT Dayligh Time)(-60)","\\SERVER1\Memory\Pages/sec","\\SERVER1\PhysicalDisk(_Total)\Avg Disk Queue Length","\\SERVER1\Processor(_Total)\% Processor Time" "03/31/200 23:59:41.115","0","0.0012533333333333333","0.52083333333333703" "03/31/200 23:59:56.115","0","0.0020799999999999998","1.041666666666663" "04/01/2004 00:00:11.115",&quo...

Import file directory
Is there a way to import my file directory structure from explorer into a spreadsheet? Thanks, David David wrote: > Is there a way to import my file directory structure from > explorer into a spreadsheet? > > Thanks, David Hi David find below a repost from Bob Phillips. Change the starting directory and use the macro 'Folders' Frank ------ Dim FSO As Object Dim cnt As Long Dim level As Long Dim arFiles Sub Folders() Dim i As Long Set FSO = CreateObject("Scripting.FileSystemObject") arFiles = Array() cnt = 0 level = 1 ReDim arFiles(1, 0...

Sending email from secondary exchange account
Hello, We have a client who's support desk is manned by several people and they each have access to the support email account which is added as an additional mailbox to their Outlook profiles. They want to be able to reply to emails and have it come from the support account and not have "on behalf of" in the address line. We have granted everyone full mailbox access to the support account however, when they attempt to send from the support account they get the following message: Your message did not reach some or all of the intended recipients. Subject: testing ...

New User Accounts cannot access OWA 2003
..Running Windows 2003 AD with Exchange 2003 Ent BE/Exhange 2003 Std FE. It would appear that any new user accounts that I have created are not able to access Webmail. I have tried accessing their mailbox via Outlook 2003 first - then OWA with no success. I have tried sending a test message to their mailbox - No success. I have tried sending them a meeting request to initialize their FREE/BUSY - no success. All existing users are able to access OWA with no problems. However - this is affecting any new users I have created in AD. Any help ould be appreciated After reading another...