Importing accounts and contacts from cdf using CRM migration assistant : nothing happens

Hello !

I spent almost the night to import datas for my small business, everything
seems fine in the cdf database, but when I try to move data using the
assistant, nothing happens, no records are pumped, and I have no errors.
I customized some attributes in the account element, prepared the cdf
database from CRM, imported my data ( 11000 accounts ) in cdf, checked the
requested values ( seem fine - I use no guid, it's right ? ) and when I
execute the import procedure, select only accounts and contacts, everything
goes fast, and finally show 0 records moved of 0 :

0
Philippe
8/23/2007 10:06:24 AM
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

I am having the exact same issue and would appreciate any input.
Here is the solution:
Change the default data access mode from Table or View Fast Load to Table or
View. To do this, follow these steps:

1.  In SQL Server 2005 Integration Services (SSIS), open the Import/Export
Wizard, and then create a package.
2.  Under Data Flow Task, right-click Destination, and then click Edit.
3.  Set the data access mode to Table or View so that all triggers will be
executed at the table or view level.
4.  Run the DTS package to populate the cdf_mscrm database.

You cannot do this import simply using the "import" function in SQL Server
managment Studio. You must use visual studio and create an integration
services project using the Microsoft OLE DB Provider for SQL Server as the
data source for targeting the cdf. You will not see the fast load option
otherwise.

I understand this applies to SQL Server 2005 only.

Watch Accounts
I've set up a watch account to use as a model for an investing strategy I'd like to try. In doing so, I want to be able to track theoretical purchases and sales of individual stocks. I want to track sales and realized gains on my Account Summary window, so I've customized my view to do that. After entering a purchase, the stock shows up just fine on my account summary, but after I sell all shares, it no longer shows up so I'm not able to track realized gains. How can I get Money to continue to display the stocks I no longer "own" in my watch account? a w...

Merging Duplicate Contacts

CRM 3.0 Implementation

Changing SQL Server for CRM 1.2

import a 123 file

How Do I Import Stock Quotes to Money2004 Standard?
Does anyone know how to import stock quotes into Money. Some of the ones I am interested in are not supported by MSN for online update. I know I can enter the data manually but I want to be able to update prices for multiple stocks on a regular basis. I have tried ceating a .ofx file for importing and Money reports "Import Completed" with no errors but the price I specified does not appear in the price history. The extract from the .ofx file relating to price I was trying to import is as follows: <SECLISTMSGSRSV1> <SECLIST> <STOCKINFO> <SECINFO> <S...

crm 3.0 error 03-01-06

Using mouse wheel in VB editor

Converting Opportunity to Account

Setting up a new e-mail account

OLK 2k7

Use exchange from a trusted domain

Archiving Projects in Project Accounting
Has anyone found a way to archive closed projects? Thanks. ...

CRM 3.0 Login Problems

Unable to sort on customer CRM 4.0

printing imported gif files in Excel