Import Templates for Dynamics CRM 3.0

Hi all

I am trying to use the standard import file into Leads, and it is
coming up with data type not valid, length not valid however I am 100%
sure it is correct.

Have any of you out there got formatted xls files that have the
correct data types. field lengths that we could possibly use as a
template to see if it is actually my error?

Regards

Wayne Lockey
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

CRM Distributors
Does anyone have an opinion on which distributors offer the lowest prices for purchasing CRM? Ingram? TechData? Robert, Unless I am missing something, distributor Prices for CRM are fixed and should be uniform. The best Value for CRM is to purchase it via the Open Value program, which would include the cost of the License and Software Assurance, spread out over three years. If you would like more information on this, please email me directly and I would be happy to provide your organization with a quote. Regards, Steve Chambers Rimrock Corporation steve.chambers@rimrock.com "R...

CRM 3.0 and office 2007
Hi, when I install CRM lapto client I get error message " Indexing service is not running and setup can not connect to the microsoft CRM server. This might indicate that the server is down" Well, both the service and the server is running. Any idea where the prblem is? Thank you, Hi, you must start the indexing service on the local machine you are installing the client on. Goto to Services in control panel/administrative tools and startup the service. You will see it in the list. BR "Lino767" wrote: > Hi, > > when I install CRM lapto client I get er...

DST CRM Server hot fix kills Integration Manager
Our CRM server also serves as our integration manager for Great Plains integrations. After applying the hotfix for DST CRM, our integration manager died (trying to find CBOMLibX.dll file). I have removed and re-installed IM but it still will not work. ...

Dynamically changing filename referenced by day
This is actually a friends problem but i will try and translate what he said to me as i can. He has said to me that he references a certain spreadsheet which changes everyday. Everyday he has to manually select the referenced file and asks how he can automate the task. This is what he said to me: "Basically the file name is called Highboard and its a collection of 12 panels on one screen each panel with different information. Now the files I want to link it with are in the FB network drive, New Folders and Pecs. Now each day a new sheet is created but the format is the same and so what...

Insert CRM Icon (i.e. contact) into Outlook menu bar and use hyperlink
hy, my customer doesnt like to access the contacts, accounts etc via the folder structure in outlook client - much too complicated.. he wants a "shortcut": I inserted the CRM icon for contact list view into the Outlook Menu bar and added a hyperlink, problem: with the following hyperlink: outlook://Microsoft%20CRM/Workplace/Customers/Contacts a new instance of outlook is opened. so after klicking 5 times on my contact ican, I have opened outlook 5 times... if I add the hyperlink: \\CRMserver\.... etc... I dont open the contact in the outlook view but open an internet explorer wind...

GoldMine Links Tab Migration to CRM 3.0
Since 1998, I have been manually grouping together our corporate Outlook e-mail communications by subject and pasting into Word documents. The Word documents are then linked to the "Links" tab in GoldMine, displaying each contacts' history on one tab. I am analyzing CRM 3.0, and wonder if there is a way to import the Links tab contents, as active hyperlinks to my Word documents, into CRM 3.0, to their respective contacts. I read the Microsoft Dynamics CRM Migration - Goldmine document by Inogic, but they give me the impression that only the Contact info, Pending, and Hi...

templates #18
is there any where i download a template for a school dinner register or milk register or does anybody have any idea about making one and what goes in it. ...

Calculating time #3
I know this question has been asked before, but the answers that I have found do not seem to work for me for some reason. I am probably doing something wrong. What I need to do is calculate hours worked for the day. I have set up a spreadsheet to include the following: C3 is the time in D3 is the time out E3 is .5 hours (this is lunch) F3 is the total number hours worked for the day. The formula I have put in this cell is: =HOUR(D3-C3)-E3 [this is exactly how the formula is typed in] Now, if someone put their time in as 7:30 a.m. and their time out at 4:00 p.m. and they take the .5...

Dynamic Charts and Blanks
Dear All. I have produced a chart dynamically, using the technique outlined on the Peliter website. In general this works fine, in terms of when the list of data grows. However, when my data list shrinks it causes a problem. The data is the result of an Offset function, which leaves a blank cell where there is no data. However, Excel charts a zero value - which I dont want to have (I would rather it treat the cells as though they were blank). Does anyone know how to do this??? Thanks. You need to change your formula so it results in NA() instead of "" (which isn't bl...

Dynamics 2.0 Locks up
All of a sudden yesterday my dynamics POS 2.0 started locking up when it was minimized or idol for a few minutes of non use. Has anyone else had this problem? I am running Vista. Thanks If you haven't already, you may want to post this question in the retail management forum. -- Charles Allen, MVP "shadowrunner11" wrote: > All of a sudden yesterday my dynamics POS 2.0 started locking up when it was > minimized or idol for a few minutes of non use. Has anyone else had this > problem? I am running Vista. > > Thanks ...

Activex #3
I have compiled my own activex file with VB 6.0 i wonder how can i hadd the .ocx file to the existing activeX list so I can display my control on the google desktop Bar ...

RMS SO 2.0 Manager
On one of my RMS SO 2.0 Manager's computer I'm having a huge delay (about 5 minutes) before the Item list shows up (Database - Items). This only happens on this one machine that's "directly" connected to the RMS server (no VPN etc), while it's trying to bring up the Items List the SOMANAGER.EXE process CPU Utilization stays at 99% and there is no network utilization/activity. When I bring up an (all) Item List/Value report it doesn't take very long at all. Has anybody else encountered this problem and knows of a potential solution? I've already tried r...

RMS Store Operations V2.0.0110 integration with QuickBooks Premier
Hi, I am trying to setup RMS V2 to work with QuickBooks Premier: Retail Edition 2007. When attempting to import data in RMS from QB I'm getting two pop-ups: Pop-up window #1: "Could not retrieve the company from QB. Error Details: Blank response received from QB" Pop-up window #2 (shows up after I click OK on window #1): "Connection successful - You've connected to QuickBooks and retrieved the company info" The QBImport.log file also says "Blank response received from QB" and nothing gets imported. Thank you for taking the time to read this post. An...

CRM 3
HI all, i was unable using CRM 1.2 report in CRM 3. so, where i can find the guide for using custom crystal report in CRM 3? what software i should install. thank you, regards, Ng HI, all, it is possible add the crystal report crm 1.2 to CRM 3 report page? bec when i try using CRM3 Add new Report. i see the following msg Error Uploading Report An error occurred while trying to add the report to Microsoft CRM. Try adding the report again. If this problem continues, contact your system administrator. if can add, the crystal report crm 1.2 it is require re-mapping the fields? bec i...

Linked List & Dynamic Memory Allocation
Hi, I am learning about data structures. I am somewhat confused and unable to apply concept of dynamic memory allocation to my application. This is what I am trying to do. I have an array of structures as follows: #define MAX 3 typdef struct node { char name[30]; struct node* next; }nodes; int main (void) { nodes m_node[MAX]; // play around with link list here add, remove, search items etc. return 0; } I am trying to dynamically allocate memory if user chooses to enter more than 3 records. I run following code to allocate memory dynamically. Code is running fine....

Importing investment transactions
I am having trouble importing a qif file containing buy and sell data for shares. Importing of the cash portion of the investment account appears to work for deposits and withdrawals; but not the buy/sell data. Can someone give the best known method to do this. Regards, Tom In microsoft.public.money, Tom G wrote: >I am having trouble importing a qif file containing >buy and sell data for shares. Importing of the cash >portion of the investment account appears to work for >deposits and withdrawals; but not the buy/sell data. >Can someone give the best known method to do th...

Trouble scanning 3 of 9 #2
I have a client who is using 1"x1" labels to label some internal use products or products that come through the door without UPCs. We have set them up to use the 3 of 9 barcode format when there is no UPC available. The trouble is, the barcode is so condensed that the scanners at the POS can't read them. The line scanners in the receiving department read the barcodes without issue. Has anybody else had this problem? What can be done to remedy this? I have considered writing a simple program to automatically generate an internal use barcode as the UPC-A type scans without issue....

MFC 8.0 target platforms supported ?
Can anyone point me to a page that defines where MFC 8.0 applications will run? I am interested in two cases, an MFC 8.0 application that is: 1) Statically linked with MFC and ATL. 2) Dynamically linked with MFC and ATL and does not modify the PATH. If no such page exists, does anyone have the straight skinny on the situation? Thanks, Mike http://pnmx.com/ On Aug 25, 6:26 pm, Paratracker <Paratrac...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Can anyone point me to a page that defines where MFC 8.0 applications will > run? I am interested in two cases, an MFC 8.0 application that i...

Outlook express 6.0 export/import
I am trying to import messages from OE 6.0 Win 98 machine) which are in *.dbx format into another OE 6.0 on another machine(XP).. It gives me MAPI error.. What seeems to be the problem ? >-----Original Message----- >I am trying to import messages from OE 6.0 Win 98 machine) >which are in *.dbx format into another OE 6.0 on another >machine(XP).. It gives me MAPI error.. >What seeems to be the problem ? > >. > Backup and Restore OE http://insideoe.tomsterdam.com/backup/index.htm This newsgroup is for support of Outlook 97/98/2000/2002/2003 from the Office suite...

Crystal 9.0 and CRM 1.2
Does anyone know if 1.2 supports Crstal Reports 9.0? Yes 1.2 supports crystal 9.0 <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:03e101c3bf57$beeb0880$a101280a@phx.gbl... > Does anyone know if 1.2 supports Crstal Reports 9.0? ...

help
Hello, I imported some transactions and later deleted them. Now when I try and import from my bank, M2004 does not import them. I have to manually enter them. Is there a way to tell money to import again? Money acts like it is out of sync with my bank transactions. Thanks for the help. Frank In microsoft.public.money, Frank wrote: > >I imported some transactions and later deleted them. >Now when I try and import from my bank, M2004 does not import them. I have >to manually enter them. > >Is there a way to tell money to import again? Not short of disabling online acce...

Microsoft CRM 3.0 Beta Install w/Terminal Services
Hi all, During the installation of MS CRM 3.0 beta on a Win2k3 running terminal services in application server mode, the install stops during the checklist and complains that MS Reporting Services cannot be installed because TS is NOT in remote administration mode...switch to that mode for the installation. How is this done on Win2K3 TS? I have tried all the old tricks (i.e. change user / install, installing through control panel A/R Programs but the installation program can't be fooled). Surely I don't have to reinstall TS in RA mode just to install this application. Any th...

Service Pack 3
I received an error message tht I need a file called DATA1.MSI and to place original CD. I have Ofice XP Profssional, and when I place in the CD nothing happens. States the file is not available. Now when I go to reply to emails, th same error mesg applies. ...

importing data into a Word document
Say you have a Word document that is setup like a form in that it has lines for people to input data. It is technically not a form in that you don't click into a box and type data. Rather the blank lines indicate people should input something there. Is there a way to take data from a Excel file and import that data into the Word file in specific locations? If so would there have to be some formatting done to the locations where the data would import into? Look at Word help for Mail Merge file creation with Excel as the data source. I think that might be helpful to ...

Event ID 9582 #3
Hi, I have ran the ExBPA tool and implemented all the recommendations on the critical issues section, as well as some in the warnings list. The system is a Xeon, 2GB memory, Windows Server 2003 SP1, Exchange 2003 SP2 I have implemented the /3GB swith with Userva=3030. I restart the server and DO NOT get a 9665 "memory settings are not optimal" message. Yet after a couple of days I get 9582 errors. I read somewhere regarding the "NoPAE" switch regarding Physical Address Extension can mess around with the memory, but I also read that after SP it was not a problem Can s...