Import multiple files to CRM

I'm new to CRM. Our company attaches many files to the notes section on each
account (e.g., signed, scanned business plans, incentive amendments, etc.).
My question: is there either 1) a way to drag and drop the attachment to the
account notes section easily or 2) another way to more quickly add the
attachments to the account, other than opening each account's notes and
adding the file?

Thanks,

Cindy
0
CindyE (3)
8/13/2009 3:46:01 AM
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

No these are the only ways this can be done using out of the box
features.
0
bradlaw (133)
8/13/2009 1:33:39 PM
Hi Cindy, CRM's standard document management features are pretty poor - it's
not really designed for this purpose.

You might want to take a look at a SharePoint integration (which can be
achieved realtively easily) or an add-on such as the Documents Core Pack from
mscrm-addons.com.

Regards, Neil

"Cindy E" wrote:

> I'm new to CRM. Our company attaches many files to the notes section on each
> account (e.g., signed, scanned business plans, incentive amendments, etc.).
> My question: is there either 1) a way to drag and drop the attachment to the
> account notes section easily or 2) another way to more quickly add the
> attachments to the account, other than opening each account's notes and
> adding the file?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Cindy
0
NeilBenson (62)
8/13/2009 9:47:01 PM
Cindy,

We have developed a solution for our client to attach Excel, word
attachments in the notes section. If you are interested to learn more please
drop an email.

MV
nj.tech@hotmail.com

"Cindy E" wrote:

> I'm new to CRM. Our company attaches many files to the notes section on each
> account (e.g., signed, scanned business plans, incentive amendments, etc.).
> My question: is there either 1) a way to drag and drop the attachment to the
> account notes section easily or 2) another way to more quickly add the
> attachments to the account, other than opening each account's notes and
> adding the file?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Cindy
0
manick (194)
8/17/2009 7:02:01 AM
It's too hard to write a custom page to allow you to upload multiple
documents into notes or e-mail attachments, but its not drag-and-drop. It's
still nice to lookup al your documents and click up load.

Using SharePoint its very fast to allow drag and drop. The documents are
then in SharePoint instead of CRM. Works really well.

--
Dean Jones
CEO

"Cindy E" <CindyE@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I'm new to CRM. Our company attaches many files to the notes section on
> each
> account (e.g., signed, scanned business plans, incentive amendments,
> etc.).
> My question: is there either 1) a way to drag and drop the attachment to
> the
> account notes section easily or 2) another way to more quickly add the
> attachments to the account, other than opening each account's notes and
> adding the file?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Cindy

0
Dean
8/17/2009 2:08:31 PM
Thanks for all the input. I'll check it out.

Cindy

"Neil Benson" wrote:

> Hi Cindy, CRM's standard document management features are pretty poor - it's
> not really designed for this purpose.
>
> You might want to take a look at a SharePoint integration (which can be
> achieved realtively easily) or an add-on such as the Documents Core Pack from
> mscrm-addons.com.
>
> Regards, Neil
>
> "Cindy E" wrote:
>
> > I'm new to CRM. Our company attaches many files to the notes section on each
> > account (e.g., signed, scanned business plans, incentive amendments, etc.).
> > My question: is there either 1) a way to drag and drop the attachment to the
> > account notes section easily or 2) another way to more quickly add the
> > attachments to the account, other than opening each account's notes and
> > adding the file?
> >
> > Thanks,
> >
> > Cindy
0
CindyE (3)

help with log file
Got a database in SQL2005 that is basically a download of a daily flat text files and creating tables from them. The log.ldf file is frikkin huge. It's over 146GB and I don't need this, I have storage issues. How do I shorten down this file and keep it small forever? Hi Rocketman Have you read about managing the transaction log in the Books Online? How big is your database? What recovery model are you in? What kinds of backups are you doing, and how frequently? If you are not in SIMPLE recovery, and you don't back up your log, it will continue to grow. Even...

CRM Entity
Hello Everyone, I am trying to setup CRM for my organization. I am wondering from where I can create Navigation option like Sales, Marketing, Service.... I will appreciate any help! Thanks & Regards, Sunil Chelaramani Hi, After you finished the installation, you will find the navigation as follows. On the server, start the internet explorer, and use url http://localhost:5555. Or http://localhost. Or http://crm. Depending upon your configuration during setup the url will be different. Best regards, Merijn van Mourik "Sunil Chelaramani" wrote: > > Hello Every...

Folders disappearing after compacting file cabinet
Twice, now, I've lost a good chunk of e-mail I've saved in different folders because I've compacted my file cabinet. Anything with a file folder named with E or beyond gets dumped. A through D only remains. Any ideas as to what's going on? Thanks! Karen C. Did you compact or run ScanPST.EXE? I've never heard of a compact deleting valid data unless, of course, the file was damaged before running the compact. I hate to ask but do you have a backup of your PST from before this happened? "Karen C." <kcunningham @ iglou.com> wrote in message news:...

Multiple Business relations for One Quotation
Is there a way to "Link" quotations for one job to more than one business relation (i.e. One job with 3 differant bidders)? Similar to the "Alternative Quotations" but with the quotation name not the business relation. ...

Combine multiple rows into one row with multiple columns
Hi, I have a table set up so that there are three columns: StudyID, DrawDate, and Value. StudyID and DrawDate are the primary key. I want to create a table from this one that has only one row for each StudyID so that it would go from: StudyID DrawDate Value to StudyID DrawDate1 Value1 DrawDate2 Value2 DrawDate3 Value3 etc. Is there a way to do this? Thanks, Elysia "Elysia Larson" <elysia.larson@gmail.com> wrote in message news:832e952f-174f-489f-ab7a-e2189f660a92@f6g2000vbp.googlegroups.com... > Hi, > > I have a...

MS Excel file extension changed through e-mail
MS Excel .xlsx files sent as attachments are received without the x, as a .xls instead. The same is true for MS Word .docx changed to .doc Answered in the Word group. Please don't post the same question in multiple groups. It not only causes responders to waste their time replying to questions that have already been answered but it also makes it more difficult for you to follow up on the replies. If it truly is an issue that involves more than one app either post to the Office group rather than the individual groups or use a newsreader rather than the web interface & learn to ...

Dump file corrupt
************************************************** ************************ THIS DUMP FILE IS PARTIALLY CORRUPT. KdDebuggerDataBlock is not present or unreadable. ************************************************** ************************ Unable to read PsLoadedModuleList ************************************************** ************************ THIS DUMP FILE IS PARTIALLY CORRUPT. KdDebuggerDataBlock is not present or unreadable. ************************************************** ************************ KdDebuggerData.KernBase < SystemRangeStart Windows XP Kernel Version 2600 ...

Auto Import Into Deny List
Hi, Is their any way of importing the IP's in a text file into the deny email from without having to manually add the Ip's one at a time http://www.bubbleshare.com/album/135453 Thanks Try ipsec.vbs http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=286d2818-08b3-496d-8b0d-c2b628a3ef16&displaylang=en James Chong (MVP) MCSE | M+, S+, MCTS, Security+ msexchangetips.blogspot.com On Mar 12, 3:27 pm, melu <m...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Hi, > > Is their any way of importing the IP's in a text file into the deny email > from without having to...

Network File lock not detected
We have a workbook that about a dozen people get in and out of all day. I have a problem with one user's excel not always locking the file, or it could be a problem with other users not detecting the file is in use and displaying the in use message, do you want to open a read only or wait. Is there anything I can do in execel to fix that or is it a network issue. Running XP pro, office xp pro, and 2k server. From my experience, it is a network issue. They need to unlock the file because Excel cannot. Fixed it, Windows didn't have sp1 on it. For some reason it fixed the pr...

multiple Fillin in template
Hello, I am trying to make a template document. This document already has fillin fields. I would like to use the answers of this fillin fields on multiple places within the same document. I tried some advices on this websites, but I get the same question two times, but not only the answer. I hope somebody can explain it to me in the simplest form :) I am not a die hard word user :) And sorry for my bad English, it is not my first language. There are several ways to do this. The simplest is to select each Fillin field in Turn and press CTRL+F9 This will add a second set of b...

How to update contacts in WLM via csv file?
I have nearly 2,000 email addresses in my contacts list. I managed to get WLM to list them, although I do notice some are missing. Now, I want to update them with new/revised contacts through a new cvs file, which I exported from OE. However, the contacts import program just hangs and doesn't take. Do I need to delete the existing list first? If so, how do I do that? I am using WLM v.2009 Build 14.0.8 on Windows 7 Are you logging in to Live services? It will say your profile name under the close X. -- Ron Sommer "Bumper21248" wrote in message news...

Unable to find CRM Instance
It appears as if other people have experienced the "Can't Find CRM Server" installation error before; however, I don't see any posts on how to fix it. Please help! I've been using the CRM Server for some time now with no problems. Every time I try to install SFO, I get the following error: Setup was unable to find an instance of the CRM components. Thanks for your help. I fixed this by ensuring in internet options, security for trusted sites (includes crm server) automatically authenticate with current username/password. Using IE went to crm server, auth...

pst file might be corrupted
Hi all. I am not able to view my pst file at all via my outlook 2000. I tried to recover it via scanpst but scanpst stopped halfway through the process and said that an error occured without specifying which error. Is there any other way to recover this pst file? Thks in advance. How big is the PST file? "inenewbl" <inenewbl@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6FB884E0-7C9F-4064-936F-5065E257BB5B@microsoft.com... > Hi all. I am not able to view my pst file at all via my outlook 2000. I > tried > to recover it via scanpst but scanpst stopped halfway ...

How do I import my address book from my POP 3 Juno account?
I'm hoping to import my address book from my juno email on the web account to Outlook, and then to export it to my new Hotmail account. I seem to be botching it badly, so far. I was able to save my list to 'Recent Documents'. My efforts to COPY and Paste as an individual 'New Contact' result in partial information and the email address, phone number, etc. are missing. Are there step-by-step instructions to accomplish what should be a relatively easy task? Also, it looks as though Outlook has stripped all of my mail from my juno account. How do I send it b...

Multiple instances of product in one order.
For an example, I have been using MS Northwind example. One problem I have run into is adding the same item twice in an order. I am keeping track of time in my database. For instance, Project1 might be from 8:00AM to 12PM, then Project2 from 12PM to 3PM, then Project1 again from 3PM to 5PM. If you try to add the same product in the sample Northwind database, it comes up with the same error. I know the reason it is coming up is because it has to have its own primary key and cannot duplicate. How should I go around this so I can add the same "product" in the same order?...

VBA to call file based on date
Hello, I wonder if anyone can help me with a VBA routine to check for the presence of a specific file. The file is saved on a dialy basis in the format "userfile_run_YYYYMMDD.xls" i am seeking help with a vb code that will check if today or any specified days report is generated. i guess excel can use the date format to read the specified location for the file. Thank you in advance for your help. .....Coming from Where I'm from. Dim sFile As String sFile = Dir("C:myPath\userfile_run_" & Format(Date,"yyyymmdd") & ".xls") If s...

"The image file ___ is valid but ...."
"The image file ________ is valid but is for a machine type other than the current machine." What does this message dialog mean on Win XP x64? It means that the program you're trying to run is 16-bit. There is NO 16-bit support in any 64-bit version of Windows. You'll need to run the application in a virtual machine running some earlier version of Windows. -- Charlie. http://msmvps.com/blogs/russel <johnsuth@nospam.com.au> wrote in message news:c1.2c.3KklK9$0TP@PC1.BIGPOND.COM... > > "The image file ________ is valid but is...

Multiple Tax and Discounts
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0124_01C64A26.AB67D840 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable I'm trying to implement a tax and discounts table which can allow line = item discounts and entire order discounts. I'm not using any software = in particular, just want to know how it's currently done or if it's even = possible. Implementing the discounts per line item and entire order was = easy. How to determine the tax affected is the hard part. I'll keep my = example simple: ...

Can I use VBA to add cells (over blanks) then do multiplication
I have a Word table in which the last column contains numbers (3 and 4) and some bank cells and I want it add them and put the total into the second last row (7 in this case). The last row contains a multiplier (3) which when applied to the total results in 21. Below is the table. | | | 3 | | | | | | | | 4 | | | | 7 | | | 3 |21| How can I achieve this in VBA (under Word 2003 and 2007) remembering that the user can add rows to the table and the last column can contain blank cells. Thanks in advance for any assistance, Peter Evans Sub ScratchMaco(...

Looking for CRM Solution
Does anyone use, or has anyone encountered, a CRM based solution used for residentail, multifamily property management? On Apr 28, 12:55=A0pm, MrB <M...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Does anyone use, or has anyone encountered, a CRM based solution used for > residentail, multifamily property management? The beauty of Microsoft CRM is that it can be customized for any business in any industry. It's ability to be customized using front- end tools (not within code) is , as far as I know, unparalleled by any other software package. You have the ability to create new entiti...

Problem when adding an appointment in CRM from the SFO ver. 1.2
When the users make an appointment in the SFO, its fails. The SFO makes the activity on the contact, but the Outlook synchronisation fails. The appointment does not appear in the Outlook calendar. Then we reinstall the appointment form in Outlook, clear the forms cache, and the problem is resolved. Then after some time (weeks) the problem comes back. Any ideas? Best regards Jacob Mondrup IT Manager, Cultivator Denmark. have you loaded the latest rollup patch for the outlook client? http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=127a274d-bc20-4e2f-be0d-1247455748...

Importing Word to Excel
Hello! I have a list of names and adresses in a word document that look lik this: Doctor John Smith Director Hospital of Hurt People 4556 Bittersweet Lane Town, State xxxxxx I am now compiling another list of names and adresses and entering th data immediately into Excel (file attached). What I would like to do is merge the two lists into one and eliminat any duplicates. The goal is to print mailing labels. Could someone point me in the right direction? Also, should I be using Access instead of Excel -- Project ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Pr...

print mass Powerpoint certificates from Excel file
I get Excel lists of students that require training certificates. I have a PowerPoint certificate. Is it possible to do something simular to a mail merge? In article <BFBA41AC-26D1-4B30-8C54-425C2E8A50F0@microsoft.com>, Go to Girl wrote: > I get Excel lists of students that require training certificates. I have a > PowerPoint certificate. Is it possible to do something simular to a mail > merge? Not out of the box, but we have a commercial PowerPoint add-in that does exactly this. You can try out a fully functional demo to see if it meets your needs. Mo...

Can Import Email Data Filed from Office XP to Office 2003
My HD failed but I had a backup of my Office XP Pro personal file folder with a lot of emails I needed. The file is about 128MB in size. I put a new HD in and installed Office 2003 Pro. When I go to open the old file Outlook 2003 says that the file "is not a personal folders file". (It was backed up to a CD ROM prior to the crash so the source file should be good.) I really don't want to uninstall Office 2003 and put back Office XP. Any idea why 2003 won't open the file and how to work around that? Many thanks in advance to anyone who knows the solution. Alan. The only pro...

Office 2k3 Beta tester woes. Cant import .pst back into xp
Hello, I am sure that there has to be a solution to this problem. I know that MS would not leave it's beta testers without a way to revert back to their old office. I have attempted to import my Outlook 2003 Beta .pst file into my Outlook XP and I get an error stating that it is not compatible. Please tell me that there is a way for me to retrieve all of my old emails. I saved the pst file, and I removed Office 2003 as per the terms of the beta license and saved a copy of my .pst file. I the re- installed Office XP. Thank you for your assistance in this matter. Mike If you c...