import data from sql on a clean install of CRM (new SID)

I performed a clean install on a new server but can not import or restore my
data from my old crm install because the SIDs are differnt and CRM stops
working.  What can I do to get data to my new database from the old database.
 My main goal is to get my accounts and contacts back.  Everything else I can
recreate.   Anyone who knows how to solve my issue please lend your
assistance.  Thanks in advance.

crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

If you're just concerned about Accounts and Contacts you should check out
the Data Migration Framework.  You could also use the Redeployment Tool but
you would have to still have your old system up and runing somewhere to
export the AD settings.

Jason Hunt
Invoke Systems

"Tino" <Tino@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I performed a clean install on a new server but can not import or restore
>my
> data from my old crm install because the SIDs are differnt and CRM stops
> working.  What can I do to get data to my new database from the old
> database.
> My main goal is to get my accounts and contacts back.  Everything else I
> can
> recreate.   Anyone who knows how to solve my issue please lend your
> assistance.  Thanks in advance.

0
Jason
11/5/2004 6:34:36 AM
I have given you another approach on this at this thread
http://communities2.microsoft.com/communities/newsgroups/en-us/default.aspx?pg=1&guid=&sloc=en-us&dg=microsoft.public.crm&fltr=&mid=63c1db67-13bc-4182-be82-bef0e0088b0b

Ronald

"Tino" wrote:

> I performed a clean install on a new server but can not import or restore my
> data from my old crm install because the SIDs are differnt and CRM stops
> working.  What can I do to get data to my new database from the old database.
>  My main goal is to get my accounts and contacts back.  Everything else I can
> recreate.   Anyone who knows how to solve my issue please lend your
> assistance.  Thanks in advance.

Use the Redeployment Tools.
Gr. Erik

"Tino" <Tino@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I performed a clean install on a new server but can not import or restore
>my
> data from my old crm install because the SIDs are differnt and CRM stops
> working.  What can I do to get data to my new database from the old
> database.
> My main goal is to get my accounts and contacts back.  Everything else I
> can
> recreate.   Anyone who knows how to solve my issue please lend your
> assistance.  Thanks in advance.

0
Erik
11/6/2004 11:11:15 PM
Hi Tino,

we had exactly the same problem & had no luck with the
redeployment/migration tools.  In the end I exported the old db's to Access,
re-created the users & setup in the clean CRM install & imported the data
from Access to the new, clean install (after replacing all the user ID's with
the new ones).  I had to fiddle with the SecurityDescriptors so that I could
view the data but it works fine.

"Tino" wrote:

> I performed a clean install on a new server but can not import or restore my
> data from my old crm install because the SIDs are differnt and CRM stops
> working.  What can I do to get data to my new database from the old database.
>  My main goal is to get my accounts and contacts back.  Everything else I can
> recreate.   Anyone who knows how to solve my issue please lend your
> assistance.  Thanks in advance.

I think MS has a tool to import data from one CRM install to another (not
the same migration tool)... contact MBS...

"Ruthie" <Ruthie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi Tino,
>
> we had exactly the same problem & had no luck with the
> redeployment/migration tools.  In the end I exported the old db's to
> Access,
> re-created the users & setup in the clean CRM install & imported the data
> from Access to the new, clean install (after replacing all the user ID's
> with
> the new ones).  I had to fiddle with the SecurityDescriptors so that I
> could
> view the data but it works fine.
>
> "Tino" wrote:
>
>> I performed a clean install on a new server but can not import or restore
>> my
>> data from my old crm install because the SIDs are differnt and CRM stops
>> working.  What can I do to get data to my new database from the old
>> database.
>>  My main goal is to get my accounts and contacts back.  Everything else I
>> can
>> recreate.   Anyone who knows how to solve my issue please lend your
>> assistance.  Thanks in advance.

0
Kristina
1/12/2005 2:54:28 PM
is this what you need?

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=bfced393-61db-49af-9a50-4a90b311fa7d&DisplayLang=en

--
John O'Donnell
Microsoft CRM MVP

"Kristina Ledford" <ledfordk@telspan.com.NOSPAM> wrote in message
> I think MS has a tool to import data from one CRM install to another (not
> the same migration tool)... contact MBS...
>

> "Ruthie" <Ruthie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Hi Tino,
> >
> > we had exactly the same problem & had no luck with the
> > redeployment/migration tools.  In the end I exported the old db's to
> > Access,
> > re-created the users & setup in the clean CRM install & imported the
data
> > from Access to the new, clean install (after replacing all the user ID's
> > with
> > the new ones).  I had to fiddle with the SecurityDescriptors so that I
> > could
> > view the data but it works fine.
> >
> > "Tino" wrote:
> >
> >> I performed a clean install on a new server but can not import or
restore
> >> my
> >> data from my old crm install because the SIDs are differnt and CRM
stops
> >> working.  What can I do to get data to my new database from the old
> >> database.
> >>  My main goal is to get my accounts and contacts back.  Everything else
> >> can
> >> recreate.   Anyone who knows how to solve my issue please lend your
> >> assistance.  Thanks in advance.

0
John

Trouble importing Quicken 2004 data
I have used Money for years and am very used to it. I got married this year and my new wife is used to using Quicken so I have all this year's data in Quicken 2004. I thought I would see if I could transfer data back into Money, as there are various aspects of Quicken that I don't like - having got used to Money's way of doing it and which I prefer. I downloaded the trial version of Money 2004 Deluxe and when I import data, I get all the accounts imported, but the entries are empty. Has anyone any suggestions as to what I am either doing wrong or I can do to correct this ...

Replace/modify standard data form?
Hi, I want to replace the standard data form, which is used to maintain data sets in an excel table, by a user defined form (alternatively I would like to modify the standard form). Does anybody know if/how this is possible? Thanks, Axel Axel, Going to need more information I'm afraid. Can you explain further or send an example? -- Jon Quixley ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Jon Quixley's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=25803 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=3985...

How do I get new headers to appear in list?
The screen shows my new headers in the list, but when I look at he list toolbar and press form, my new entries are not included. ...

New Organization Name
Hi, We are currently running Exchange 2000 in Win2k Active directory. Our company name just changed and i was wondering if anyone could help me with the best way to update my network to reflect the change. Should I just change the organization name in Exchange or would i have to run some tool to have it done properly? Currently my organization uses the format: organization.com. The new name will be organization2.com. Another caveat is that i want to be able to somehow have the olde email point to the new address is this possible without building a new server from scratch with a new do...

Making calls through CRM
Can I make calls to customers through CRM? The purpose of this is to automatically log or record the duration of the calls within the CRM system attached to the contact. I have been told that this capability is available in outlook, someone please let me know if and how I can do this within CRM. Thanks in Advance, -- Angie Cravens, CRM Rep You will need 2 things; 1. A TAPI compliant phone system, such as a 3com NBX unit or one of the many other newer phone systems. The TSP included will most likely give you the ability to start a phone call by clicking on a button in Outlook, b...

how do I enter data from 1 spreadsheet to another many times
I have on one page the basic data in singular line form, To translate this to a more readable form I made another page in the folder into a more readable form of which I can print and use away from the computer. I would like to know how can I use the form to copy the required data without the labor intensive re-entering in each form of a new form for each line in the oringinal data sheet. is there a formula or set of instructions that will do this automatically copying the desired cell onto the new page without all of the work? I hope I have expalined myself claearly since I'm a nov...

No date fields appear when exporting/importing CSV file?
Hello All, I need to convert some legacy emails from another system to a format that can be read by Outlook. The preferred format is CSV text, which we plan to import into Outlook. I noticed when playing with the export/import that the following seem to be the standard fields that get exported into an Outlook generated CSV file: "Subject", "Body (text)", "From: (Name)", "From: (Address)", "From: (Type)", "To:(Name)", "To: (Address)", "To: (Type)", "CC: (Name)", "CC: (Address)", "CC: (...

Make lists on new tab from previous tab
I'm sure this is somewhere out on the net, but I can't find it. How do I create a list on a new tab, from a list of values that were imported into the workbook? Tab 1 Name,acct#,group John Doe,6676,rc10 Jane Smith,6782,rc10 John Hopkins,2342,tj21 Jane Doe, 6980,ut41 What I want to do is separate the list by group to their respective tabs. Tab rc10 Tab tj21 Tab ut41 Thanks Tab? Worksheets have tabs. Perhaps you're referring to creating a list on a new worksheet? Tyro "JMac" <mcdowdjr@gmail.com> wrote in message news:4e0e249c-25d8-48f9-a48c-245a339ceb12@z17g...

SQL Server Timeout Error when searching for KB-Articles
Hello Community, i got an "SQL Server Timeout expired" Error when searching for KB-Articles in either the Webclient or Outlook. Environment: Windows Server 2003 R2 SQL 2005 + SP2 CRM 3.0 inkl. Update Rollup 1 Hey Mark, just a thought, as I'm going through some things with NTEXT fields and having issues in cirtain cases. Is it possible that some of the knowlege base articles have "Copy/Pasted" text from another application into the KB article? I've noticed on a few occasions with the NTEXT fields of notes and history/activities that when people are copy...

Copy Data from SubForm Field to Main Form Field
How do you tell Access to copy data from a field in a subform to a similar field in the main form? See www.allenbrowne.com "ridgerunner" wrote: > How do you tell Access to copy data from a field in a subform to a similar > field in the main form? Are you referring to the section entitled "Referring to Controls on a Subform"? Will this actually place of copy of the subform field information into the main form report and, therefore, into the underlying main table? "Golfinray" wrote: > See www.allenbrowne.com > > "ridgerunner" wr...

Export data to a closed workbook
Hi, Can someone help me with code that record data in a closed workbook? Tanks Luis ...

Setting Column Width on Imported Data
Hi all, I would like to know if it is possible to set the column width of a column I am importing to Excel from Access. I need this column for what I'm doing in the Excel file, but I don't want it so wide, or would even like it hidden. Problem is everytime the data gets updated the column goes back to really wide. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, Lori. ...

CRM 1.2 unable to add users in OU but domain root OK.
Hello. I am having trouble adding users to CRM 1.2. If I try to add a CRM user from an OU in the domain with deployment manager or the web GUI it fails. If I add a user to CRM from the root of the domain the user is added fine to CRM. In our test environment I was able to add users to CRM that are in OU's in a test domain without any trouble. Any ideas? Thanks!! Mike ...

coalesce excel data
I developed a data logger for a computer simulation that people interact with. The logged data is stored in a tab deliminated text format. That data can be imported into Excel. I bring in different subjects and have them test the simulation while I log their usage of the simulation. I would like to be able to coalesce the logged data of all the different subjects data into meaningful statistics about the simulation. I can log the data by time or by room the person is in the simulation. The data logged per time slice or per room is health, amount of object 1, amount of object 2, etc. So it woul...

Separating data into new sheet
Hi guys, I have the following data on worksheet "Sheet1" Code Value A 1000 B 200 A 100 C 150 B 300 B 200 C 400 I have worksheet "Sheet2" that I want user to input what CODE they want to IMPORT... Let say A then on "Sheet2" i would get: Code Value A 1000 A 100 It is a combination of sorting, copying and moving the wanted data to the targeted sheet. Is there an excel feature/solution that does this? or a VB code is needed? Thanks in advance ...

CRM Time Stamp issue
When I check the properties of any of my activity records, the time stamps are incorrect, my server time settings are set to GMT, as are the crm system settings. If I create two tasks one after the other the time stamps could be an hour apart. Any ideas? ...

download data from internet, piece by piece
I am writing a app that downloads html source file from internet while parsing it. I do not want to download all the source html. once I find the piece I am looking for, I want to terminate the process. I am using ::URLOpenBlockingStream, but it download all html file before return. Is there any other function similar to ::URLOpenBlockingStream but can be controled? Thanks, John homecurr@yahoo.com wrote in message news:<2d5d0ce4.0406081012.23eccc31@posting.google.com>... > I am writing a app that downloads html source file from internet while > parsing it. I do not want to down...

What Excel macro puts data in the NEXT row of a sheet?
I have a list of data in col B of sheet 2 which I need to copy and transpose into sheet 1, then delete the data in sheet 2 to use the form again to copy and transpose onto the next line in sheet 1. I have tried with a macro shortcut I've called ctrl + e. (I am really using the data form process but cannot because I have too many inputs). Is there a simple macro I can copy and paste? ...

How to change cell data from all upper to title case
I need to change several columns of data from all upper case to Title Case. What formula should I use & How can I apply the formula to the data in each cell? Check out the Proper() function. It changes any case to title case, and can be copied from cell to cell to apply the formula to your data. Check out the Proper() function. It changes any case to title case and you can copy it to a range of cells to apply it to your data. You have other answers showing the use of the PROPER Function to act upon one cell at a time. If you want to change many cells at once you will need a mac...

How to import marketing list. failing with permissions issue
I am trying to do the below in CRM 3.0 and it fails with a permissions issue. I am using the crmadmin account so I'm not sure what is causing the error. Can anyone assist? Using the Web interface: Tools Import Choose the attached file Record type: Lead Next Import to “Test 1” Marketing List Customer Type is “Contact” The mapping is correct Next Next at the next screen. Fails there for privileges. -- Thanks Dan ...

want to turn PT row data into column data
original data: name win loss score paul 1 325 Jane 0 1 225 walt 1 400 nancy 0 200 jane 1 300 nancy 1 200 paul 1 365 walt 1 350 when i create p.t. I get (or a vague approximation) paul win 2 loss 0 avg 345 jane win 1 loss 1 avg 260 walt win 1 loss 1 avg 375 nancy win 0 loss 2 avg 200 but this is what I would like: name win loss avg Paul 2 0 345 Jane 1 1 260 walt 1 1 375 nancy 0 2 200 ---------------------------- HOw? tx phynkel, Grab the g...

CRM setup problem
Installed CRM product on Win 2000 SP3, SQL 2000 SP2 box. Install seems to have gone well. Later following reboot, when I brought up the CRM client in web browser mode, none of the drop down lists work on any of the pages like System Options or User Options. I get web page errors saying CLASS NOT REGISTERED. How can I correct this? I am able to do other things in the web client like add users, business units etc, just nothing that requires using a drop down list. ...

No text converter is installed for ppt
My computer is running Windows XP SP3 with Office 2007. When I try to open a PPT I get, No text converter is installed for this file type. I am sure power point is installed and was able to open and run presentations. Any help would be appreciated Thank you Regards Raj In article <195F8B98-7016-4346-A33D-91BC75E07DAE@microsoft.com>, Raj wrote: > My computer is running Windows XP SP3 with Office 2007. When I try to open a > PPT I get, No text converter is installed for this file type. I am sure power > point is installed and was able to open and run presentat...

Microsoft Dynamics CRM 3.0 with Entourage
Evening All, I currently have a client who is running 2 Apple Macs (iBook G4 & iMac Intel Core Duo). They are running SBS2003 Premium for their server and Entourage to connect to Exchange. Given that Dynamics connects so nicely into Outlook, will it work nicely with OSX & Entourage? At the moment this is about the only thing stopping me rolling it out. Regards, Greg Microsoft Dynamics CRM has no support for Mac and OSX at all. Your only option would be to have users connect to a pc from a mac and run crm that way ie a terminal session ============================== John O...

data error while opening files
when i open excel or word existing file i getting contents as "DATAError [47 0F 94 93 F4 K5]" instead of my saved data. pls help me solving. My all word & excel files are have same problem. ...