Import a Organization to CRM 4.0 within a new domain

Hi,

I have imported a organization to a new SQL server within a new domain
(our company was bought by another company).
I followed the Microsoft instructions "How to move the Microsoft
Dynamics CRM 4.0 deployment".
I have mapped the users manually to the new names and domaim.
I am out of play!! I cannot access longer to CRM. It says "No
Microsoft Dynamics CRM user exists with the specified domain name and
user id"

I have also changed manually my name to the new one DOMAIN\name, in
the Table "SystemUserBase" in the Column DomainName.

Could someone help me?
0
bebylemmo (1)
11/3/2008 3:18:43 PM
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

importing incredimail into outlook express
Is there a way, or an add-on. or a third party software to import Incredimail mail into outlook express mail ? ZZ Try posting this in an Outlook Express news group - this is not one of them. Outlook is a part of Microsoft Office and is what this group supports. Outlook Express is a part of Internet Explorer and has its own news groups. You can also find some good Outlook Express information here: http://insideoe.tomsterdam.com --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. All unsolicited mail sent to my personal account will be deleted w...

SECURITY NIGHTMARE in implementing CRM
Firstly, we are a bank. We have a secure environment and are unable to know the passwords of service accounts etc. I am very frustrated that CRM 3.0 is so complicated to implement and contravenes our security policies. Is there a better way of implementing CRM without going into the AD and using service accounts, Can we not create the groups manually . I am at the point of throwing out CRM and using and alternative product that makes implementation simpler. There is no need to use specific service accounts with CRM; it's generally easier and more secure to use the built-in accoun...

Usage of CRM 3.0
Hi all: Is there any obligation by downloading the beta? I mean, I am willing to download it , but only to play a little bit with it, to understand the internal (SQL) structures, because I have customers with CRM. But nothing else (by now). Any ideas? Thank you for your time (and patience with me) -- Alejandro Leguizamo SQL Server MVP Colombia www.solidqualitylearning.com ___________________________________ Hi Alejandro, You can download MSCRM v3.0 for testing purposes. You cannot use this version for production implementations (key is only valid for 90 days). In case you do fi...

Microsoft CRM data
Hi, I'm building the Web Service example in Chapter 3 of the "Microsoft Office Information Bridge (MOIB) Solution Development Guide" (Beta). I'll use the Web Service to create the smart tag recognizer and actions. I've previously built the Web Service example in the "Integrating Microsoft CRM (MSCRM) with Microsoft Office 2003 InfoPath", February 2004. The MSCRM example uses http://<CRM_Server_Name>/mscrmservices as the connection string. The MOIB example uses a direct "CRM" database connection string in the web.config file, and not a CRM serv...

Moving Exchange from a Child Domain to Parent Domain
Hello all, A while back we took the fast track to Exchange 2003 deployment, we deployed a Child Native Mode Domain, to hold the Distribution/Universal Security Groups, and installed Exchange 2003 on a member server in the PARENT Domain, The child domain also allowed us to slowly upgrade the rest of our infrastructure from older NT 4 domain controllers, we will soon have all domain controllers windows 2003, and will be changing the domain functional level. I've been having trouble finding documentation that will help me remove the CHILD Domain, and migrate my Distribution/Security g...

Trying to do mass update on label field in MS POS 2.0
I am trying to do a mass update on all of our items to make the labels be code 128. I am doing this so that we can print new shelf tags with the bar code on them. I am trying to make sense of the database and not having much luck. Can anyone tell me the table name and column name to do this? This is the field that appears on items in the option tab under label and bar code type. There is a drop down box that allows you to select the type of bar code. My goal is to do this in a SQL statement instead of opening up each of our 1500 items and choosing this manually. Thanks Patrick Patrick,...

Printing postcards in Publisher #4
Using Pub2002. WindowsXp. I am trying to print postcards using Publisher. The postcard comes 4/page and the page dimensions are 8.5 x 12. Postcard dimensions are 4.25" x 6". No borders. What's the question? -- Don Vancouver, USA "babygirlnerd" <babygirlnerd@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A9E97C14-3115-4397-B389-C34CA7B68864@microsoft.com... > Using Pub2002. WindowsXp. I am trying to print postcards using Publisher. > The postcard comes 4/page and the page dimensions are 8.5 x 12. Postcard > dimensions are 4.25" x 6". ...

Letter Writing Assistand and Collections Letters (GP8.0)
We are trying to streamline things in here and we are currently looking at GP helping us with getting the $$ in quicker. Question - has the letter writing assist replace collections letters in v8.0? I ask because the collections letters maintenance fields are greyed out in v8.0 Cheers Theo We have been told by our Microsoft Partner that If you have the collections Module then Letter writing will not work. We are struggling with getting the collectins module to work. "Theo@australia.org.au" wrote: > We are trying to streamline things in here and we are > currently l...

Changing data from imported .txt file
When i import data from an old (dos based) program negative numbers appear with the minus behind the number. Does anyone have any idea how i can change them all from 1,234.56- to -1,234.56 so Excel will recognise them? Changing them by hand takes forever. Thank you. If you're using xl2002+ and are using File|Open to open a text file, you'll see a wizard popup. On step 3 of that wizard, there's an advanced button. Click it. There's an option to treat trailing minus signs as negative numbers. If you already have the data in the worksheet, you can use... Dana DeLouis pos...

2008: importing 2004 rules + database daemon
I just read further troubling news on Macfixit. They report that Entourage 2008 does not import Entourage 2004 Rules. I have probably over 100 rules, that is a major problem. Can anyone confirm this? Also, it appears there is no way to disable the Office notifications in 2008. Is this true? I hope MS will address these problems. I'd like to upgrade for the speed on my intel laptop, but so far it seems there are just too many problems. -- --Loren On 3/14/08 5:11 PM, in article 140320082011095607%loren@nonono2spam.com, "Loren" <loren@nonono2spam.com> wrote: > I ...

Why does Excel in XP create new files?
Excel adds duplicate files - Assist Log (2).xle, asssits Log (3).xls. Why? Can I make this stop. It appears all the files are identical - so if I just delete the extra files will I be losing any data? hi, I think this is something new in xl relating to thier file recovery during a GPF shutdown. but i keep getting it even without a GPF. when i save, excel will just up and ask me which file i want to save leaveing me sitting there asking "what do you mean which file. i only have one." it's getting anoying. >-----Original Message----- >Excel adds duplicate files - ...

Combo Box #4
Hi, In my userform, i have Firstname: <DropdownList> Question: 1. If I want the value of DropDownList to be read from code, how can I do it via code by hardcoding the entries in combobox_change() function ? Private Sub ComboBox1_Change() .... End Sub 2. If I want the value of DropDownList to be read from Column A1:A10 (note there are redundant value, how to avoid ?) Example: A1: Johnson A2: Stephen A3: Michael A4: Daryl A5: Michael A6: Johnson A7: Rebecca A8: Johnson A9: Sally A10: Sally So the drop down list will act...

Looking into CRM
Hi Folks, I am looking into implenting MS CRM. We have approx 300 staff. 1 HQ with 200 staff, 16 remote branches with 100 total. I have read fairly extensively arouond the subject of CRM and am deciding on server setups. Our existing setup is 1 MS Active Directory at HQ. AD is native and we use Exchange 2003. At present we do not use SQL server. Our remote branches all have there own networks setup and do not link up to our HQ at present at all My questions come from 2 angles. 1) Is it worth buying a server for CRM and SQL Reporting Services, and also another server for MS SQL Server, o...

can't copy text to new pub document
I am trying to copy entire pages from one Publisher 2007 doc to another. It will copy the text in some text boxes but not in others. I don't understand why this is happening. How do I get it to copy the entire page as is? I am using Ctrl A or Select All. Thank you. Oh, another thing to add: Even if I select only a single text box, it will not copy any text. "lindalou" wrote: > I am trying to copy entire pages from one Publisher 2007 doc to another. It > will copy the text in some text boxes but not in others. I don't understand > why this is happening. How d...

CRM Mobile 1.2 and territory codes
By default when choosing Terrirtory Code as a criteria in a CRM Mobile Accounts form the only choice is "default value". How can this list be populated with the correct value of Territories? ...

performance issues when enabling tracking in crm 4.0
The last few days when people have sent larger emails (over 500 people) and used tracking in that email, the SQL server has a lot of locks and pegs the processors at 100%. When the emails are sent and then later set to be tracked I dont have those issues. Am I missing a setting or a way to throttle back the connections? Any ideas? ...

MC CRM and MapPoint in the UK
Hi I am based in the UK, and am trying out the MS CRM / MapPoint integration, as described in the following article from MSDN: http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/dnmbscrm1_2/html/mbs_crmmappointintegration.asp However, whenever I submit an address to the web service to get the Lat/Long values I either get an error stating that I need to check the address (presume it is not found), or an 'Index was outside the bounds of the array' error. I am using the Staging service for evaluation purposes at this point - can this be used for UK addresses? How...

How to import Outlook Contact data into Excel
I have MS Outlook 2002 SP£ and Excel 2002 SP3. I am trying to import contact data from Outlook into Excel where I have created a template for sending out my invoices. Rather than type in data I thought that there must be a way to import the data from my contacts folder in Outlook. Ihave tried via MS Word 'Merge' programme but nothing but rubbish comes out as I cannot enter fields - Word converts my Excel file into its format and scrambles all! Had assumed it would be straightforward - Any sensible and successful ideas anyone? I have Outlook and Excel 2003 so I don'...

auto-updating the auto-updater so 12.0.1 can be installed forces a complete delete and reinstall of office 2008
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: intel Okay - I must confess I never thought that the mac geeks that work for microsoft had any affinity for writing bad code, but i definately found some in the auo-updating system - which after a reinstall didnt recognise that 12.0.1 OR its own update were ready for download - i had to download 12.0.1 as a .dmg and have NO idea how to force the upgrader program to upgrade itself like its supposed to -- because it DID SO ONCE, and as of this moment none of the applications that are updated by that package refect that they have...

Exporting data to Excel from VC++ 6.0
Can anyone suggest me an easy method (ActiveX, or direct APIs) of exporting data to Excel from VC++ 6.0? The one I am using has few limitations which are mentioned below: 1. Can not format the cells, e.g expand the cells to cell text width. 2. If a cell contains more than 256 characters then the fisrt 256 characters are overwritten and the latest characters are only stored. Regards ...

Importing stock/mutual fund prices?
Hi, Can I somehow import price history for my mutual funds and stocks? I'm missing years of information that I want and I don't want to be manually entering all the data. It'll take too long and it is too prone to errors. Nope. Beyond a few data points (say quarterly or just coincident with share activity (buy/sell/reinvest)) what benefit are you expecting from wholesale collection of great amounts of price history in Money? Money certainly doesn't support anything resembling technical analysis using this data. "smurfgun" <smurfgun@discussions.microsoft.c...

Excel Spreadsheet #4
How do i change a spreadsheet to an A3 size? It's in the printer settings -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom "teletubby" <teletubby@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0366922A-B1C3-48B4-843F-EF649F76E7F0@microsoft.com... > How do i change a spreadsheet to an A3 size? ...

duplicate messages #4
when a user emails a distribution list that the user is a member of, he/she receives the email. is there a way to prevent sending the user the email when he/she sends it to a distribution list that he/she is a member of? Hi I would request you to use RULE option under TOOLS tab menu in Microsoft Outlook. For more information you can get in touch with me at arorarahul2000@hotmail.com "noone" wrote: > when a user emails a distribution list that the user is a member of, he/she > receives the email. > > is there a way to prevent sending the user the email when...

5.5 Imported public folders into 2000
Hi Al I'm a fledgling sysadmin for Exchange and have inherited a problem, which doesn't affect operation but is driving me crazy My predecessors had upgraded from Exchange 5.5 to 2000 and it had gone horribly worng apparently, anyway the sytem is up and runnin gbut I have a problem with Public Folders There are two folders that need removing but none of the current users had permissions to control it. The only visible permissions are Everyone and Anonymous User with read access only When you try and view in System Manager, you get an Error "The object is no longer available. ...

Duplicate detection #4
Hi, I've created a duplicate detection rule with to criteria : Exact last name And first 20 Character of Company name I thought it would be a AND, so the rule will detect only the Lead that has both criteria but it seems to be a OR. How can I change it to make what I want to do? Thanks, Hi, the only way to do this is create another duplication rule for the second condition... Everything in one rule == AND different rules == OR "Val" wrote: > Hi, > > I've created a duplicate detection rule with to criteria : > Exact last name > And first 20 Character ...