IBF problem - Information Bridge Server installation

Hi

In Step "Publish Metadata" I typed "http://testcrm:8082" and clicked "next",
the error message that appeared is "The Information Bridge metadata service
location is not avaliable".
I tried using http://localhost:8082 as some previous posts have suggested,
but it still doesn't work.
Can anyone help me?

Thank you.
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

i got the same error, dunno if this will help...but give it ago.

it...seems that  when you specify Sql
authentication in setup it doesnt update the web.conf file

so i had to manually edit web.conf and put in the connection string

needed to edit inetpub\IBFReadService\web.conf and
inetpub\IBFWriteService\web.conf

"aba" wrote:

> Hi
>
> In Step "Publish Metadata" I typed "http://testcrm:8082" and clicked "next",
> the error message that appeared is "The Information Bridge metadata service
> location is not avaliable".
> I tried using http://localhost:8082 as some previous posts have suggested,
> but it still doesn't work.
> Can anyone help me?
>
> Thank you.
Hi

I didn't specify Sql authentication, it was Windows authentication.
What else can I try?

"savage" wrote:

> i got the same error, dunno if this will help...but give it ago.
>
> it...seems that  when you specify Sql
> authentication in setup it doesnt update the web.conf file
>
> so i had to manually edit web.conf and put in the connection string
>
> needed to edit inetpub\IBFReadService\web.conf and
> inetpub\IBFWriteService\web.conf
>
> "aba" wrote:
>
> > Hi
> >
> > In Step "Publish Metadata" I typed "http://testcrm:8082" and clicked "next",
> > the error message that appeared is "The Information Bridge metadata service
> > location is not avaliable".
> > I tried using http://localhost:8082 as some previous posts have suggested,
> > but it still doesn't work.
> > Can anyone help me?
> >
> > Thank you.

Problem with post callout
Hi. I'm able to create files on the server as response to accounts being created in CRM. However, I'm not able to load other .NET assemblies or applications from the same component. Any idea why? Are those other assemblies strong named? If not, you either need to make them strong named or create a wrapper. I know you can do this with a utility, but don't have the steps handy. Matt Parks MVP - Microsoft CRM ---------------------------------------- ---------------------------------------- On Fri, 8 Oct 2004 07:21:02 -0700, "Paul" <Paul@discussions.microsoft.com>...

Explain SMTP Virtual Server
For some reason, I can't seem to get it to work correctly. Currently, we have two Exchange 2003 Enterprise servers in the same group. I basically have an out-of-the-box configuration with one exception - I am using an SMTP Connector to route outgoing mail. It is my understanding that the default SMTP servers are used to route mail back and forth between the two Exchange servers and route outgoing mail. But if I have an SMTP Connector setup, outgoing internet mail is routed through that, but inter-Exchange mail is still handled by the Virtual SMTP Server. Am I correct so far? H...

"Server Recipients" gives an error
I have a Mixed Mode 5.5 setup with several 2000 and one exchange 2003 server. If I select the exchange 2003 server in MS Exchange 5.5 Admin and click on that servers "Server Recipients", I recieve this message. The requested operation cannot be completed because the operation is not supported on this object Microsoft Exchage Address Book ID no: 80040102-0000-00000000 Any comments would be helpful. Thanks. hmmm...I can see items in this container in my Exchange admin program with no problem...where are you looking at this? on a server? or on a workstation? were you ever able to...

Lookup information disappeared
I'm using Access 2003 for an Orders Management database for my job. I was getting close to being done so it could be used by everyone. It has securities set up. On Friday when I tried to put in new orders I noticed 2 of my lookup boxes were messed up. They no long held the information from the relating tables and I cannot input any new orders now. I've checked everything I can think of. I went to the tables that pulled the information from other tables to create the lookup menues, but everything seems to be the same. I had previously taken screen shots of these so that if...

I am having problems with "Calendar"
Hi all I'm trying to make a calendar that cycles (January February March etc.) starting from 2010 to when ever in MS Publisher. I have Calendar Creator by Broudbund that does this but whenever I converted to a PDF file, the file for each month is a little under 5 MB (I think because it is created as a JPEG file) which is not good for my application. Whenever I convert the MS Publisher "Calendar" to a PDF file it runs about 72 kB. But I haven't figured out how to sequence the program where it will automatically make a calendar page for each month while carrying o...

Outlook problems after WinXP updates
I installed critical updates for Windows XP on my laptop Wednesday. Nowmy Outlook hangs and I am unable to send new messages or reply to messages while using VPN. Any ideas? Suggestions? ...

OWA display problem
Our Outlook is performing normally when accessed internally. When accessing by way of OWA, however, we can see the headers, but cannot open the message. We can compose new messages and send them. We cannot see the message body in a preview pane. Any ideas? Steve, It sounds like you might have URLScan installed on the OWA server. Please have a look at the following article to see if it is relevant. 320089 XCCC: The URLScan Utility Does Not Allow You to Open Messages in OWA http://support.microsoft.com/?id=320089 Hope this helps. -- Greg Mansius [MSFT] This posting is provided &...

0x800CCC0F Connection to the server has been interrupted
Hi All, I am using Outlook 2002 on Win2K Pro. My send/receive process checks email for 7 email addresses. Yesterday, I moved 3 of those from one hosting service A to hosting service B. I already had 3 email addresses at host service B, so now 6 of the 7 go to the same POP3 server. Once I did that, I started receiving the 0x800CCC0F "The connection to the server was interrupted. If this problem continues, contact your server administrator or Internet service provider (ISP)." message for one of the addresses. I contacted tech support for host service B and they say it's a virus c...

dde server window
outlook.exe entry point not found the procedure entrypoint getiums couldnot be located in the dynamic link library msdart.dll Can anyone tell me why this is popping up and how do I get rid of it? Visit windows update and get the latest version of mdac. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After scratching one's head, anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> asked th...

Problems with the installation
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel Had a copy of Mac:Office 12.0.0, but couldn't ever upgrade it successfully. Finally bought another copy (digital download) of 12.1.6 to install - had already moved the other to a 'safe location'. The install completes successfully, however, when attempting to open any of the Office programs I get the following error: "A problem has been detected with the Microsoft Office installation." and "try running the Office Installer again to resolve the problem". I have run the installer four add...

Inserting Rows Problem
Hi there, I have a list of about 2000 rows. However, in between each of thes rows I want to insert a blank row that can be used for people to writ in once the list is printed off. Is there a quick way to do this? Kind regards Andre -- andyp16 ----------------------------------------------------------------------- andyp161's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1165 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=26611 If you insert rows it will affect sorting, etc. and be a real pain. Many posts here want to delete blank rows ...

Problem consuming a webservice
Hello all. I have a problem I cannot figure out. I have an ASp.NET we app that receives names of bible books. I get an "*Illegal character in path*" error. My codes look like this: net.webservicex.www.BibleWebservice ws = ne net.webservicex.www.BibleWebservice(); dsBible.ReadXml(ws.GetBookTitles()); <----------this is where th error is DataGrid1.DataSource = dsBible; DataGrid1.DataBind(); Now, if I save the contents into a xml text file, my datagrid render the data fine. My suspicion is the webmethod is sending me escap sequences (CR, LF, etc..) and if its saves onto a text f...

Importing Data From Access Problem
I'm trying to import some query results from MS Access into Excel using the Import External Data function. Some of the queries are coming across OK, others are only bringing the column headers across and some are bringing partial data. Does anyone have any ideas why this may be happening? Thanks Helena ...

Public Folder replication problems Exchange 2003
We have two Exchange 2003 sites between which we replicate some public folders. This was working fine until recently, when one folder stopped replicating in one direction - i.e. postings made to the replica appear in the original folder, but not vice-versa. At the same time we started receiving numerous 1110 Events: Error 0x4ed occurred while writing per-user information for a.user@company.co.uk on database "First Storage Group\Public Folder Store (SERVER)". The event is repeated multiple times - I assume once for each user, though I haven't actually checked. If neces...

Active sync problem in wince5.0 when de-activate "Enable KITL" in release mode
Hi, My Usb fucntion driver with active sync support in wince 5.0 is working fine with de-activate "Enable KITL" support in debug mode. By de-activate "Enable KITL" in RELEASE mode, active sync is not working. Any idea ? Regards - D. Does it work if you Enable KITL in a release build? Do you have ActiveSync included in your release build? What are you using as your default USBF client? Check your COM ports, the COMx x number may have changed. -- Bruce Eitman (eMVP) Senior Engineer Bruce.Eitman AT Eurotech DOT com My BLOG http://geekswithblogs.net/brucee...

Namespace problem
I've the following code, taken from http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/dnexxml/html/xml02172003.asp to select a node from RSS file. However, I'm always getting a null returning for the SelectSingleNode(), why? if(feed.DocumentElement.LocalName.Equals("RDF") && feed.DocumentElement.NamespaceURI.Equals("http://www.w3.org/1999/02/22-rdf-s yntax-ns#")) { NamespaceUri = "http://purl.org/rss/1.0/"; } else if(feed.DocumentElement.LocalName.Equals("rss")) { NamespaceUri = feed.DocumentElement.NamespaceURI; } ...

Integration manager VBScript email problem
I am doing something wrong with my Document Error script and I can't pinpoint the problem. This script should send an email when a document error is encountered with a link to the log file (I would really rather send the file as an attachemnt, but I was never able to get it to work so this is the second best option). Everything with this script works until I add the file link in the objMessage.HTMLBody. It will send the message, however, the message just says "False". Can someone tell me what I'm doing wrong? Thank you! 'Set path to the log files Set pFSO = ...

problems with right click in Office
When I click and/or right click on a Word or Excel file, it takes a loooong time to open. Once you open excel sheet and use "OPEN", it will quickly open. Help please -- neally When you click on a document Windows has to translate the file extension into the application. This might be a windows problem or a problem with how Excel was installed. Let's assume it's not and try looking at the article I found online. It's generally better to work with what you've got then start from scratch.. http://www.smartcomputing.com/Editorial/article.asp?article=articles/2...

Formula Problem
Hi I'm struggling with a formula in an excel sheet I'm working on. I recently created a time sheet for the people in my work. One person however get public holidays a different method from everyone else - she only gets half a working day. My initial formula that works fine is =IF(OR(B12="A/L",B12="S/L",B12="P/H"),7/24,IF(B12="FLEXI",0,C12-B12- D12)) My ammended ones is =IF(OR(B12="A/L",B12="S/L"),7/24,IF(B12="P/H",3.5/24),IF(B12="FLEXI", 0,C12-B12-D12)) However it doesn't want to w...

CRM 3.0 Installation Error #2
Receiving the following error during "System Requirements" step of the server installation: "One or more Microsoft CRM groups are not valid. The group scope must be Domain Local or Global. The group type must be Security." Environment: SQL Server 2000 CRM Server: Server 2003 SP2 Details: I am trying to reinstall CRM on one of our redundant app servers. This server was already running CRM but was uninstalled in attempt to fix an issue. CRM is still running on the primary app server. I am therefore connecting to an existing DB. The AD groups exist, have the correct ...

Filtering problem
Hi everybody, it`s my first posting on this forum. My colleague made a document in Excel 2000 and when I tried to open i it was unpossible to open the filterin option /it was visiable, bu clicking on the option was without any results/. The same thing was o the other computer, but on her`s everything was working perfectly well What do you think about it ----------------------------------------------- ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com ~~Now Available: Financial Statements.xls, a step by step guide to creati...

How to AUTOMATICALLY reconnect clients on Server after disconnecti
I use MFC Visual C++ 4.2. I have developed a server-client app. Only about 10 clients connected to the Server. Recently, in a week the server has been error 2-3 times. I still don't know what caused it. The error was runtime error like other windows app error which is ended by the dialog of "Send" or "Don't Send" to Microsoft. After it error, an application restarting will make it normal. At that time, I need to re-connect all previously connected clients. Is it possible to be done on the server side only? I use the NDK 2.0 class from the codeproject here:...

NDR in 2 Exchange Servers 2003 on 2 domains
Hi, 2 Exchange servers 2003. 2 domains. a.fr and b.fr. The Active Directory domain is xxx.local. Each domain is hosted on a distinct server, on the same Exchange organization. When an email arrives from outside the non delivery receipt is sent from postmaster@xxx.local. As almost every MTA now is checking if the 'from' belongs to a valid domain, this does not work. It is possible to change the NDR originator to postmaster@a.fr or postmaster@b.fr. But this is valid for the whole organisation. And I need the a.fr server to answer with postmaster@a.fr and the b.fr server answer from po...

?problems printing from certain browsers
On my laptop with Vista Home Premium I had not used any physical printers or their software, but did use a few print-to-pdf programs for printing to files. Recently I installed (a)software so it could access two (identical)Epson printers I have always used with my PC. All of the printing goes well as long as I print from a Windows Explorer file with Notebook-type apps, and probably Irfanview as well. But when I am online with IE7 or Firefox and click to print something from a webpage nothing works, not even my print-to-pdf anymore -- instead I get an error saying the browser...

IF formula problem
I need to add categories to a downloaded bank statement. I would use something like Pascal's CASE formula: CASE(lookup value)= a: do x b: do y c: do z etc... Excel doesn't have such formula. Therefore, I use the following nested IF formula: =IF(ISERROR(SEARCH('Netbank Cat names'!$A$2,B73)),IF(ISERROR(SEARCH('Netbank Cat names'!$A$3,B73)),IF(ISERROR(SEARCH('Netbank Cat names'!$A$4,B73)),IF(ISERROR(SEARCH('Netbank Cat names'!$A$5,B73)),IF(ISERROR(SEARCH('Netbank Cat names'!$A$6,B73)),IF(ISERROR(SEARCH('Netbank Cat names'!$A$7,B73)),"&...