IBF for Microsoft CRM now available

Great news to pass along.

After a much longer wait than anyone imagined, our IBF solution for
Microsoft CRM is now available.  It took us a ton of work to get the
performance and security of this solution right, but I think you'll find
it's well worth the wait! The number of new scenarios enabled and the
ability to access Microsoft CRM data from directly inside of your favorite
Microsoft Office applications is really compelling.

You can download the solution from:
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=332BEFFB-4492-40D7-8CE0-995489909B6A&displaylang=en

Join me in congratulating Veronica Law, David West, Hari Prasad, David
Washington & the rest of the Microsoft CRM IBF team!

Regards,
Alex
--
Alex Simons
Director of Program Management

alexsi (5)
11/2/2004 9:04:21 PM
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

Any idea when (if) the IBF will be available for Small Business Server 2003?

"Alex Simons [MSFT]" wrote:

> Great news to pass along.
>
> After a much longer wait than anyone imagined, our IBF solution for
> Microsoft CRM is now available.  It took us a ton of work to get the
> performance and security of this solution right, but I think you'll find
> it's well worth the wait! The number of new scenarios enabled and the
> ability to access Microsoft CRM data from directly inside of your favorite
> Microsoft Office applications is really compelling.
>
> You can download the solution from:
> http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=332BEFFB-4492-40D7-8CE0-995489909B6A&displaylang=en
>
> Join me in congratulating Veronica Law, David West, Hari Prasad, David
> Washington & the rest of the Microsoft CRM IBF team!
>
> Regards,
> Alex
> --
> Alex Simons
> Director of Program Management
> Microsoft CRM
> -------------------------

infopath with crm 3.0
Hi, i am using crm3.0 for 2 months so i have much to learn. crm3.0 forms are not so customizable, you cant build whats in your mind so here is my question, i want to design a page with infopath 2003 and want crm3.0 to get the data entered by several different users on different machines. considering i am totally new, i want to know the logic, and the procedure. Thank you, ...

All in one Windows 2003 Server as PDC with SQL and CRM
hello, can i install an Microsoft CRM Production Server as an All-In-one Solution with Microsoft CRM and SQL 2000 Server on the PDC (Windows 2003 Server)? Is this supported? What are the possible disadvantages besides not having an secondary Domain Controller for extra security? Andy in a testing environment this works but in production is not a good idea. The only supported single server deployment is sbs 2003 etc. why not supported? apart from SBS you should never start treating your domain controllers as application servers as if anything goes wrong you risk losing your entire AD....

MS CRM
How to write organization name during instalation ? I have write as in IG - "adventure-works" and adding license key was apeared as incorrect. I do not uderstand why ? Are there another needs ? Thanks for help. Mariusz OK. I have resolved problem. ;o)Mariusz U�ytkownik "Mariusz Slany" <nospam__marsla@op.pl> napisa� w wiadomo�ci news:emdFNbvkDHA.2676@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl... > How to write organization name during instalation ? > I have write as in IG - "adventure-works" and adding license key was apeared > as incorrect. > I do not uderstand...

ERROR 1053 when strating CRM 1.2 on Windows 2003
When strating the MSCRM Security Service I get the following error. ERROR 1053: THe service did not respond to the strat or control request in a timly fashion. We have just installed CRM prior to migrating it from a 2000 server. Any sygestions on what could be causing this ?? Thanks ...

Maximum size of attachments on emails being associated to CRM
What is the maximum size of attachments on emails being associated to CRM? I believe it's about 5 MB by default. However it is configurable in the registry. I blogged it last Spring. I'll y to find it and post the link. "Denise" wrote: > What is the maximum size of attachments on emails being associated to CRM? Well I didn't blog it after all but I should and probably will shortly. There are two spots to change: In your CRM web.config: For security reasons, the max request length is controlled via web.config, to prevent DOS attacks. This is a standard ASP.NET co...

CRM Modifications 08-24-04
When Entering a contact, an error occurs and give you two options. either go back or try again. If you were to try again the contact that you entered would be automaticly entered and you would still recieve the error. The work around is to hit the go back button and refresh the screen. The contact that you entered appears before you. Is there a fix for this?? Depends what you mean by "enter":- Does this happen when you click the Save, and/or Save and Exit buttons at the top left of the Contact form? Or are you merely clicking the X at the top right of the window? "Jo...

CRM Emails should be stored in the Sent Items folder
In CRM 1.2, When an email is created using the 'CRM E-mail' button in Sales for Outlook, the sent email is stored in the 'Drafts' Outlook mail folder rather than the 'Sent Items' folder. In addition, if the email is saved first rather than sent (which correctly stores it in the 'Drafts' folder), and then later sent from the 'Drafts' folder, the original draft remains in that folder and the sent email also appears in the 'Drafts' folder. This causes confusion for users who need to check CRM each time to satisfy themselves that the CRM Ema...

Migrating Data from Act 2005 to CRM 3.0
Is it possible for me to export from Act 2005 to Outlook and then, export into CRM 3.0. Will this all me to keep the notes in Act 2005. ...

CRM mail router marking e-mails as read
Hello all I have a couple of questions regarding the CRM E-mail router for V3 Incoming emails into Outlook (with CRM desktop client) are getting marked as read before they actually are. Is this by design? Is so, is there a config setting somewhere that can change this behavior Andy comments or suggestions would gratefully received I assume the outlook client has the rules applied for the exchange connector. The action of sending the mail to the crm exchange sync mailbox appears to mark the email as read -- ======================= John O'Donnell Microsoft CRM MVP http://codegallery...

Is there a economical Microsoft Accounting software that integrate
We now that RMS integrate with quickbooks and peachtree... we are looking for a solution for an accounting system of Microsoft, but not Great Plains since its high cost. We were told of Microsoft Accounting system but was also told that it was discontinue. Is there a Microsoft program equaveltn to quickbook/peachtree pricing and also intergrates with RMS? ...

Microsoft Office "Database Corrupt" message
I need some help here. Recently, I got a "Database Corrupt" error message when running any MS Office 2004 program. I then tried to rebuild the database but I got an "end of file" error. However, all my email files etc are intact. Meanwhile, my "login" keychain is missing, and I had to repair it with Keychain Firstaid. The corrupt database message won't go away. What should I do? Thanks, sean ps. I'm running Mac OS 10.3.7 ...

Install the correction patch from the Microsoft Corp.
--xslhigmqgpyd Content-Type: multipart/related; boundary="ojnjjhsfmxlpbrc"; type="multipart/alternative" --ojnjjhsfmxlpbrc Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="fcabjchzl" --fcabjchzl Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Microsoft Partner this is the latest version of security update, the "October 2003, Cumulative Patch" update which fixes all known security vulnerabilities affecting MS Internet Explorer, MS Outlook and MS Outlook Express as well as three newly discovered vulnerabilities. Install now to maint...

windows update fail...... What now?
ok so I had a problem with windows update downloading but not installing.. I did go to the windows file in the C: drive and manually installed it myself. Thinking that it would fix my install problem.. I was wrong.. I next have found out that in my event logger that my IIS6 is not working properly or something. It doesn't look right and in my event logger it says my security assessment tool 4.0 error 1303 I am the administrator and logged in already so what the heck? And I also would like to say that my computer is old and it's a IBM think pad running windows xp perfessio...

Is Outlook free to use with the Microsoft Office 2003 I bought?
I bought Microsoft Office 2003 after buying my computer. It has Microsoft Outlook as part of the package. I have an internet provider already, but really like Outlook after having used it for years at work. Can I use Outlook for free? Yes. Just install it and set it up and use it -- Peter Please Reply to Newsgroup for the benefit of others Requests for assistance by email can not and will not be acknowledged. "KatsEmail" <KatsEmail@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:93C001DC-7972-496D-88B6-1506F7982F6C@microsoft.com... >I bought Microsoft Office 20...

replication of multiple CRM databases
Hello, I'm investrigating CRM packages and the environment I'm looking at is having two or three instllations (one in US, one in Canada and possibly one in France). The data needs to be shared to a degree (if possible) and one option I want to consider is MS SQL server replication. Ideally, so the two/three international installations can work with the same data, showing local regional settings (US$ Can$ and euro). Network infrastructure means having an installation in one central location with the other two accessing the central, shared database over the Internet would not be the mo...

CRM Contact fields not available in Advanced Search
Why aren't all fields available to use in Contact advanced search? Some attributes of an entity are shown in the Attributes view in the customization area, but are not available to search on in the "Advanced Find" form. Why is this? Is there a way of making the fields available? There is one Contact field "relationshiptype" I use a lot for marketing campaigns. I want to use advanced search to filter "customers" and exclude competitors, partners, suppliers, editors, etc. from my search. This attribute is not available in advanced search. I have to expor...

Is Hyperlinking available in Pub. 2002 or 2003
In Publisher 2000 you need to be in web mode to make a hyperlink. I'm writing a newsletter and want to stay in newsletter mode. Does version 2002 or 2003 address this problem, so I can make a hyperlink in regular Publisher newsletter mode? Thank you. John Schulte No - and if you think about it, it will make sense why not. (Kinda hard to click on a link that's on a piece of paper.) If you need links for an online version of the newsletter, you are probably creating a .pdf version of the newsletter. If that's the case, get Acrobat Standard. That's what I use for my onli...

An unofficial FAQ for this newsgroup is available at http://umpmfaq.info. The source FAQ was last updated Wednesday, January 12, 2005. You may save yourself and those willing to spend their time helping you both time and hassle by consulting this resource before posting what may already be a FAQ. The unofficial FAQ answers 162 of the most frequently asked questions in this newsgroup. Note that only a limited number of FAQ items have been added or modified for Money 2005--those that are derive from my limited experience with the product and on very high profile items in the newsgroup. If you ar...

Microsoft Accounting Express 2007
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0261_01C7E5D3.0C9526B0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Please tell me where Microsoft Accounting Express 2007 fits into money = management. Money ( I use MS Money 2007 Deluxe) seems to do most all of = things that I need except for reporting. I have a small real estate = business and an investment property along with financial investments, = but I have no employees or any need to print out invoices or purchase = orders. I really would like to have a packa...

Microsoft Exchange Server #3
Trying to use Outlook 2007 for first time. It is asking to connect to Exchange Server. I dont know what to type under microsoft exchange server:_____. It won't let me get connected. Always say: The action cannot be completed. The connection to Microsoft Exchange is unavailable. Outlook must be online or connected to complete this action. Please help, what to type, tried to type my hotmail and yahoo and gmail account but still not working. Help close outlook. go to control panel, mail (it's under user accounts if you use the groups view) - click on the profiles button and...

Where is the Country table in CRM 4.0?
Hi all, I was just wondering if anyone of you already knew where we can find the Country table in CRM 4.0? I tried looking for it using the Filtered View and table but I can't find it still. I basically would like to make use of the Data it has (particularly country). This one is actually found in the currency form when you click on the Currency Code lookup button. It has the following fields: Country/Region, Currency Name, Currency Code and Currency Symbol. Thanks. Hi, This info is not stored in CRM. If you reflect the code in Microsoft.Crm.dll, and the Microsoft.Crm.CrmUtility...

Microsoft CRM Workflow and Business Process Accelerator
Hey everyone, The team is wrapping up our work for the year and getting ready for the holidays. As part of that wrap up, we've just posted a really cool Workflow and Business Process Accelerator on the Microsoft Download site: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=8D31A81C-E369-4E07-8268-6E2407C6BF14&displaylang=en You'll find a lot of great content on how to increase the effectiveness of your sales and service people using the automation capabilities of the workflow engine in Microsoft CRM. Additionally you'll find educational content and sample code to h...

Include CRM 3.0 Professional in Action Pack
CRM 3.0 Professional should be included in Action Pack. If the Professional version can be installed on both the Win2003 Server and SBS2003, then it's not limiting. The current inclusion of CRM 3.0 SBE is the wrong choice because not all Action Pack subscribers use SBS environments. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based ...

Microsoft Works #3
My mother in law uses microsoft works and I have Excel (2000). Is there a way I can open the Works files in my excel program? -- Thanks for the help! She should be able to save her files (file > save as) in a format excel can read like *.xlr, *.csv or *txt It has to be done on her side first Regards, Peo Sjoblom "Angi" wrote: > My mother in law uses microsoft works and I have Excel (2000). Is there a > way I can open the Works files in my excel program? > -- > Thanks for the help! ...

Exchange 5.5 -> 2003: mailboxes are transferring but clients down now!
We have NT 4.0/Exch 5.5 server (MAIL) and a Server 2003/Exchange 2003 (MAIL1) server to which we are migrating. We went through all the steps last night for the migration, and the install completed successfully. Then we started the mailbox transfer. A couple users have 20GB mailboxes, and this is taking over 30 hours to transfer. I've tested users whose mailboxes have already transferred, and their Outlook is automatically looking at MAIL1 now. However users whose mailboxes are in the proceess of transferring have strange behavior. Outlook is not using Cached Exchange mode. I went to...