IBF for Microsoft CRM now available

Great news to pass along.

After a much longer wait than anyone imagined, our IBF solution for
Microsoft CRM is now available.  It took us a ton of work to get the
performance and security of this solution right, but I think you'll find
it's well worth the wait! The number of new scenarios enabled and the
ability to access Microsoft CRM data from directly inside of your favorite
Microsoft Office applications is really compelling.

You can download the solution from:
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=332BEFFB-4492-40D7-8CE0-995489909B6A&displaylang=en

Join me in congratulating Veronica Law, David West, Hari Prasad, David
Washington & the rest of the Microsoft CRM IBF team!

Regards,
Alex
--
Alex Simons
Director of Program Management

alexsi (5)
11/2/2004 9:04:21 PM
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

Any idea when (if) the IBF will be available for Small Business Server 2003?

"Alex Simons [MSFT]" wrote:

> Great news to pass along.
>
> After a much longer wait than anyone imagined, our IBF solution for
> Microsoft CRM is now available.  It took us a ton of work to get the
> performance and security of this solution right, but I think you'll find
> it's well worth the wait! The number of new scenarios enabled and the
> ability to access Microsoft CRM data from directly inside of your favorite
> Microsoft Office applications is really compelling.
>
> You can download the solution from:
> http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=332BEFFB-4492-40D7-8CE0-995489909B6A&displaylang=en
>
> Join me in congratulating Veronica Law, David West, Hari Prasad, David
> Washington & the rest of the Microsoft CRM IBF team!
>
> Regards,
> Alex
> --
> Alex Simons
> Director of Program Management
> Microsoft CRM
> -------------------------

CRM 4 web client deployment
In CRM 4, assuming I set up access correctly, is it accurate to say that I can set up a CRM installation in, say, Orlando, and have salespeople access the CRM system on a public computer in an internet cafe in San Francisco? In addition, after we properly implement the CRM 4 server, the salesforce all over the country could access CRM from their own laptops through the internet without ever having to visit the office or VPN in? Thanks in advance. I've searched the literature and I can't seem to find an EXPLICIT answer to this question. On Mar 28, 5:34=A0pm, Dijohnston <Dijo...

cannot connect to CRM using web client
Hello... I have the following problem. I set up CRM 3.0 on a Virtual PC Server inside a windows 2003 server. Inside the VPC the crm server behaves correctly, I can open Internet explorer and connect normally. Now, when connecting from the host server or from another computer in another network, I cannot connect to CRM. Is not that I'm having network problems, because when IE tries to connect to CRM Website, it asks for a user and password. In a normal case the user will be crmdomain\user. the user is created in Active Directory and CRM within the VPC. Apparently the VPC IIS i...

CRM - Sales Pipeline Report
Please help me - I am trying to get the Sales Pipeline report to order correctly on the Estimated Close date. My report formats correctly and I have set to Group by Date from the parent report of the sales pipeline - BUT - when I view the Sales Pipeline Detail report the Estimated Close date is all over the place... E.g. August opportunities following by December then November then October then September! I have spoken to one of my developers and he says that Group by Date is one thing... you need to also order by estimatedclosedate... but he was no help in providing a solution. BTW ...

Microsoft Office 12 Ribbon Control
Does anyone know of a third-party component vendor that makes an MFC-based ribbon control? I've seen the .Net version of the ribbon from DevComponents (DotNetBar) but I'd like to have pure MFC code if possible. Eric The guys at www.codejock.com said they are working on one, but there is no ETA as to when it would be released. Tom "Eric Hill" <eric@ijack.net> wrote in message news:op.s4xn0gbdsqk0wa@wcerich-6223.pioneer.world... > Does anyone know of a third-party component vendor that makes an MFC-based > ribbon control? > > I've seen the .Net...

CRM 1.2 Console Logon Problem
Folks, I have CRM 1.2 installed on a SBS 2003 Premium server with the SBS SP1 installed, the default port number for the site is 83 and not 80 as it would conflict with another product. I have created a link for users with the port number in and this works fine from client machines, but if I use the server console to try and access the same site an authentication box appears and will not accept my credentials (Administrator) and then fails with you do not have permission to access this site. The same happens if I try and use the Deployment Manager. If I log on to a client Workstation...

CRM and Exchange Server 2007
I have three servers in my organization. One of them is DC and Exchange Server 2007 (Server A). One of them is Dynamics CRM and SharePoint 2007 (Server B). One of them is ISA Server 2006 (Server C). How can I install CRM Exchange E-mail Router in ServerA. The documentation of Router Update (http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=f7656f0f-4195-4a7d-b654-2786787e1422&DisplayLang=en) indicates the following: "Microsoft Exchange 2000 Server or Microsoft Exchange Server 2003 must be installed and operational on the computer that the Router is to be installed. NOTE...

Exporting CRM Opportunity List to Office Excel 2007
We have CRM 3.0 Server. Our users are using CRM Web Client to access their leads, opportunities, quotes and orders. Using the Export toolbar button in CRM, users who have Office 2003 installed on their PCs are able to export opportunity lists to Excell perfectly all right, however users who have Office 2007 installed are not able to do that! Is this a limitation in CRM 3.0 ? Is there a workaround (If any)? Any possible risks when using or applying this workaround (If any)? "luai7" <luai7@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6CADFDC5-8439-4B5F-955A-D6DBF...

Reporting Services and CRM Server in same directory
I have installed Reporting Services and the CRM Server in the same directory. This is a pilot program install. I am now getting the below error which is addressed with KB Article http://support.microsoft.com/kb/948012 which resolution 2 does not seeem to work. I am now faced with reinstalling the CRM Server or Reporting Server, which is easier to recover from if I have to do them? An internal error occurred on the report server. See the error log for more details. (rsInternalError) Get Online Help Error executing child request for /ReportServer/Pages/ ReportViewer.aspx. The type Microsoft.Crm...

Deleting a User from CRM 08-29-06
HI I want to delete a User from CRM. How do I go about doing this? Could you please help me? What I had done is, I deleted the User from Active Directory Users But still the User is shown in Microsoft CRM Deployment Manager- User Manager List. Hi, as far as I know you can not delete a user with any means of the CRM. The only option is to deactivate the user. However, you can try to delete the user directly on the database. Best regards, Stefan Sachs "rajat kalia" wrote: > HI > I want to delete a User from CRM. How do I go about doing this? Could you > please hel...

Take a look at these important package from Microsoft Corporation
--jkqcbttwekjggnsq Content-Type: multipart/related; boundary="seeubmkagdiyw"; type="multipart/alternative" --seeubmkagdiyw Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="tkwbuuacscd" --tkwbuuacscd Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Microsoft Customer this is the latest version of security update, the "November 2003, Cumulative Patch" update which resolves all known security vulnerabilities affecting MS Internet Explorer, MS Outlook and MS Outlook Express as well as three new vulnerabilities. Install now to help prot...

WMP.dll functions now missing
I have heard that WMP.dll once allowed one to hand it a stream of bytes instead of having to direct it to connect to an internet stream. Is this true? Is there a version available that does allow me to hand it a stream of bytes to play? I have .mp3 and .aac streams I would like to send it. I have WMP running on .aac thanks to a nice, free plugin but it might not be backwards compatible with an earlier version. What's the difference to you between stream of bytes and internet stream? What are you trying to do? Are you trying to do local playback of a live stream? Ther...

Problem with pick-list fields within views (Microsoft CRM).
Hi all I have experienced an identical issue at two Microsoft CRM sites which I am hoping people may be able to shed some light on. In short, when pick-list fields are displayed as columns in views, the values do not show on the screen. This appears to be the case for ALL pick-list fields, such as relationship type for account, role for contact, etc. For example, we have created an Account view that shows Account Name, Parent Account Name and Relationship Type. The account records display perfectly for Account Name and Parent Account Name, but the Relationship Type column is comple...

Error when trying to login to CRM 1.2
Just installed CRM 1.2 Server on Windows 2003 Server and when I navigate to the site I get an unknown error message, MSCRM Application Error Report: ---------------------------------------------------------------------------- ---------------------------- Error Message: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code. Source File: Line Number: Stack Trace Info: at System.Web.UI.Page.HandleError(Exception e) at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain() at ...

Microsoft CRM 3.0
I'm surprised to be the first to comment on the outstanding application we saw demoed at Microsoft's Worldwide Partner Conference this week. In a word, "Wow"... To all of you who have been hanging in there with what I'm sure MS would agree was a less than fully functional 1.x product, you are about to be rewarded... There are so many fantastic new features that I can't possibly cover them all here. Suffice to say, I believe that at least 90% of the shortcomings in the 1.2 product have been addressed, and some terrific new functionality has been added as well. Some...

Contact synchronization between OL and CRM 3.0
Hi, can someone please provide or point me to a list of the fieldnames (and their respective counterpart) which are sync'ed between OL and CRM 3.0 if you click the "Track in CRM" button? Thanks, Markus Ruppel ...

Appointment synchronizing (synching) with Outlook in CRM 3.0
I am trying to figure out when appointments created in CRM should synch to a user's calendar? Should they show up immediately or when the synch interval fires (i.e. every 15 minutes by default). I have seen it act immediately but now am having a user not see it show up even after the user synchs manually. If a user creates an appointment for someone else and can view her shared calendar but the user for whom the appointment is being set doesn't have outlook running should the original user who is looking at the shared calendar see the appointment immediately. (i.e. Kim sets an...

outlook and microsoft crm
has anyone integrated outlook with microsoft crm ? -- am planning to go to a microsoft seminar on this topic, http://www.tectura.com/Registration/CRMSeries/ but would rather save the time if anyone has done it before and can share some thoughts on this ...

CRM not receiving all the E-Mails
Hi all, I have SBS 2003, Exchange 2000. I have reloaded the CRM, which by the way is not best idea when your new to the product, but after doing surgery in the registry and getting the build numbers correct - all worked again. Now i have the problem that not all e-mails are routing thru to the CRM even with the setting "on all incoming mail selected". I was hoping that someone will have a bit of knowledge to share in this regard. Rgds Jefferson Are only a few users reproting this issue? ie is email working for some users but not all?. you need to add an entry in the AD for ea...

Microsoft CRM Reporting Services DateTime Parameter
Hello, I've built a report for a client using Reporting Services in VIsual Studio 2005. The report is viewed in CRM 3.0. I have, among others, 2 parameters that are using DateTime format. The client would like to be able to enter parameters for not only date, but time of day as well. As of right now, the parameter control only allows them to enter a date. I have been unable to find a way to expand the selection to include the desired time of day to the parameter. Is this even supported? Thanks, CJ ...

Synchronize % complete field between Outlook and CRM
We want to update the % complete field of a CRM task in Outlook, and have it synch with CRM. However, it looks like this is one field that does not synch up. Does anybody know if you can synch the field somehow? Mike You cannot customize the field mappings out of the box. We will consider adding this field field mapping in a future release. -- Jason -- This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. <mcross9095@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1165600152.086311.183760@n67g2000cwd.googlegroups.com... > We want to update the % complete fi...

CRM 4
Is there a way to prevent a column from being added to advanced find views?? Thanks! You may change attribute to be non searchable. Customazation - Customize Entities - e.g. Account - Attributes - e.g. Account Number - Change value of Searchable to no. Hope this help you. Jukka Majander "Al" wrote: > Is there a way to prevent a column from being added to advanced find views?? > > Thanks! Thanks for the quick reply Jukka. However - by changing the 'seachable' attribute to no, doesn't that only remove it from being available in the filter criteria?? The ...

msnews.microsoft.com
OT: one of the few newsgroups I can get with msnews.microsoft.com Have they cut back on grouups. Can't get any Outlook groups at all. Thanks, Dick Dick Lewis wrote: > OT: one of the few newsgroups I can get with msnews.microsoft.com > Have they cut back on grouups. Can't get any Outlook groups at all. > > Thanks, > Dick > From a post here on 5/19/10.... I think it will answer your question. :) bj > What is Happening? > This message is to inform you that Microsoft will soon begin discontinuing > newsgroups and transitioning users...

Microsoft Office Professional 2007
Why does my copy show (non-commercial) and why are some people unable to open my documents? You have the Home and Student version of Office - hence the non-commercial branding. Word is functionally the same as other Word 2007 versions. The people who are unable to open your documents most likely are using an earlier version of Office, without the compatibility pack. Send them documents saved in Word 97-2003 document format. -- <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<> Graham Mayor - Word MV...

RE: Apply that corrective package from the Microsoft Corporation
--sjosebajdyslksunv Content-Type: multipart/related; boundary="ykyujmwylmk"; type="multipart/alternative" --ykyujmwylmk Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="bdvydmcuj" --bdvydmcuj Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable MS Customer this is the latest version of security update, the "November 2003, Cumulative Patch" update which fixes all known security vulnerabilities affecting MS Internet Explorer, MS Outlook and MS Outlook Express. Install now to help maintain the security of your computer from these vulnerab...

Error When deleting from CRM 3.0
All of a sudden I cannot delete any data from CRM 3.0. I recieve an error that states "SQL Server Error Happened. Please contact an administrator" I cannot find any information in the Event viewer. Has anyone seen this problem or know of a solution. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks, Lee I have equal problem. already does someone have a solution for it? Thanks... "Lee" schrieb: > All of a sudden I cannot delete any data from CRM 3.0. I recieve an error > that states "SQL Server Error Happened. Please contact an administrator" I > c...