I need scroll bars

How can I add vertical scroll bars to my CRM page?

There are two situations where I need this capability: 1) When I cusomize an
existing CRM form there is no way to scroll below the initial screen to add
additional controls and 2) when I create a link to an external web site
within CRM, the page displays without scroll bars.

Is there a configuration option I can set to change this behavior?

0
Dave
7/21/2004 2:58:44 PM
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

I can get the vertical scroll bars to show on an external page by adding the
following  attribute to the <body> tag of the external page:

No change is required in CRM.

I still haven't figured out how to get the scroll bars to appear within the
CRM form customization page.  Or for a link to a public site like msnbc.com
where I cannot edit the page content.

Dave

"Dave F" <dave@nospam.com> wrote in message
> How can I add vertical scroll bars to my CRM page?
>
> There are two situations where I need this capability: 1) When I cusomize
an
> existing CRM form there is no way to scroll below the initial screen to
add
> additional controls and 2) when I create a link to an external web site
> within CRM, the page displays without scroll bars.
>
> Is there a configuration option I can set to change this behavior?

0
Dave
7/21/2004 8:41:10 PM
Help.  I still cannot get the form customization page to scroll.

I can add additional fields to the form but I cannot scroll to the bottom of
the form so see them.

I found a KB article that suggested modifying the Isv.config file for
_custom_ web pages to add the WinParams parameter as:

    WinParams = "scrollbars=1"

But the form customization page is a default CRM apsx page and I understand
that these pages should not be modified.

Besides changing the resolution of my screen, how can I see the full form in
the form customization page?

"Dave F" <dave@nospam.com> wrote in message
> How can I add vertical scroll bars to my CRM page?
>
> There are two situations where I need this capability: 1) When I cusomize
an
> existing CRM form there is no way to scroll below the initial screen to
add
> additional controls and 2) when I create a link to an external web site
> within CRM, the page displays without scroll bars.
>
> Is there a configuration option I can set to change this behavior?

0
Dave
7/21/2004 9:25:56 PM
Not a solution to the scroll bar problem, but how about creating additional tab page and a new section for those fields?

"Dave F" wrote:

> Help.  I still cannot get the form customization page to scroll.
>
> I can add additional fields to the form but I cannot scroll to the bottom of
> the form so see them.
>
> I found a KB article that suggested modifying the Isv.config file for
> _custom_ web pages to add the WinParams parameter as:
>
>     WinParams = "scrollbars=1"
>
> But the form customization page is a default CRM apsx page and I understand
> that these pages should not be modified.
>
> Besides changing the resolution of my screen, how can I see the full form in
> the form customization page?
>

> "Dave F" <dave@nospam.com> wrote in message
> > How can I add vertical scroll bars to my CRM page?
> >
> > There are two situations where I need this capability: 1) When I cusomize
> an
> > existing CRM form there is no way to scroll below the initial screen to
> add
> > additional controls and 2) when I create a link to an external web site
> > within CRM, the page displays without scroll bars.
> >
> > Is there a configuration option I can set to change this behavior?

Yes I can do that but I'd like to keep all the info on one page.

I can also change my resolution so more of the form displays on the page.

But these are work arounds for a really fundamental problem: a page won;t
fully display in the loader.  I thought there would be a proper fix for the
basic problem.  Maybe in the next version.

"arnoldc" <arnoldc@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Not a solution to the scroll bar problem, but how about creating
additional tab page and a new section for those fields?

> "Dave F" wrote:
>
> > Help.  I still cannot get the form customization page to scroll.
> >
> > I can add additional fields to the form but I cannot scroll to the
bottom of
> > the form so see them.
> >
> > I found a KB article that suggested modifying the Isv.config file for
> > _custom_ web pages to add the WinParams parameter as:
> >
> >     WinParams = "scrollbars=1"
> >
> > But the form customization page is a default CRM apsx page and I
understand
> > that these pages should not be modified.
> >
> > Besides changing the resolution of my screen, how can I see the full
form in
> > the form customization page?
> >

> > "Dave F" <dave@nospam.com> wrote in message
> > > How can I add vertical scroll bars to my CRM page?
> > >
> > > There are two situations where I need this capability: 1) When I
cusomize
> > an
> > > existing CRM form there is no way to scroll below the initial screen
> > add
> > > additional controls and 2) when I create a link to an external web
site
> > > within CRM, the page displays without scroll bars.
> > >
> > > Is there a configuration option I can set to change this behavior?

0
Dave
7/22/2004 4:03:43 PM
Dave I do not have a form that will not fit on the page
so I dont know if this will work but try hitting F11.

a form, try going to the formeditor page directly in
Internet Explorer. For instance, type
>http://crm/tools/formeditor/formeditor.aspx?
objecttypecode=2
>in order to view the contact form customization. This
will give you a normal IE window with scroll bars et al.
You can use objectypecode=1 for the account form, 3 is
for opportunity, 4 is for lead, and if you dig around you
can find some unsupported formeditors this way too.
>--
>Matt Wittemann
>

>"Dave F" wrote:
>
>> Yes I can do that but I'd like to keep all the info on
one page.

>> I can also change my resolution so more of the form
displays on the page.

>> But these are work arounds for a really fundamental
problem: a page won;t
>> fully display in the loader.  I thought there would be
a proper fix for the
>> basic problem.  Maybe in the next version.
>>

>> "arnoldc" <arnoldc@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
message
E5649FECD1DC@microsoft.com...
>> > Not a solution to the scroll bar problem, but how
about creating
>> additional tab page and a new section for those fields?

page to scroll.

cannot scroll to the
>> bottom of

Isv.config file for
as:

apsx page and I
>> understand

can I see the full
>> form in

page?

capability: 1) When I
>> cusomize
below the initial screen
to an external web
>> site
bars.

change this behavior?

>.

0
PAblo
8/18/2004 9:15:31 PM
Hi

Matt, I tried the links below they dont seem to work ?? !

Rick

"MattNC" wrote:

> Dave: If you need to be able to scroll when customizing a form, try going to the formeditor page directly in Internet Explorer. For instance, type
> http://crm/tools/formeditor/formeditor.aspx?objecttypecode=2
> in order to view the contact form customization. This will give you a normal IE window with scroll bars et al. You can use objectypecode=1 for the account form, 3 is for opportunity, 4 is for lead, and if you dig around you can find some unsupported formeditors this way too.
> --
> Matt Wittemann
>

> "Dave F" wrote:
>
> > Yes I can do that but I'd like to keep all the info on one page.
> >
> > I can also change my resolution so more of the form displays on the page.
> >
> > But these are work arounds for a really fundamental problem: a page won;t
> > fully display in the loader.  I thought there would be a proper fix for the
> > basic problem.  Maybe in the next version.
> >

> > "arnoldc" <arnoldc@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > > Not a solution to the scroll bar problem, but how about creating
> > additional tab page and a new section for those fields?

> > bottom of

> > understand

> > form in

> > cusomize
> > site

yes the f11 key does work - not pretty but give you access to the fields at
the bottom of the form

"PAblo" wrote:

> Dave I do not have a form that will not fit on the page
> so I dont know if this will work but try hitting F11.

emailing link from Explorer tool bar
Prior to the installation of xp ( i used to use millenium) when I "send a link" from IE 6.0 it opens Outlook Express as it should but adds the url as an attachment rather than in the body of the email which I prefer. I can't find any setting adjustments on OE 6 or IE 6. Anyone with any ideas? This newsgroup is for support of Outlook 97-2003 from the Office family for Windows PCs. For Outlook Express (OE) support try posting in one of these newsgroups: microsoft.public.inetexplorer.ie4.outlookexpress for OE 4.x microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie5.outlookexpress for OE 5...

Error bars #7
I've recently learned how to get error bars on my charts. I was now wondering if there is a way to have a value attached to the error bar appear above it. Or, if there is a way in general to place values you assign above parts of a chart, like an error bar. Trichotos I will often add an XY series with custom data point labels, with X and Y calculated to put the label where I want. - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Tutorials and Custom Solutions http://PeltierTech.com _______ "Trichotos" <Trichotos@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D8E...

Thread advice needed
I am new to C++ and Windows programming and I am developing a client-server application. The application has an MFC dialog client app which speaks to a remote server application. As it involves communicating over the Internet my initial thoughts are to have the client-side communication being done in a thread of its own. The client application has the GUI dialog class which instantiates a "manager" class. All network communication is done via methods in the manager class. How do I implement threading in this network communication (so that the program doesn't freeze when...

Is Doc/View Architecture really needed?
Hi I wanted to try some codes last night and start a default MFC app. with Doc/view support. But it gives so much compiler and run-time error because of doc/view, i forgot what i want then began to correct the code. Do you really need Doc/view or do you use doc/view architecture in your projects? Or you begin with empty project? I want to learn when it is not necessary and when it is. Have you ever faced Doc/View archtecture become painful in your recent projects? I am looking for your opinions. Thanks. If you are going to have "data" and represent it on the "screen"...

What is Microsoft Office Basics 2003? And do I need it?
This program contains 4094.00MB. I would like to remove it from my computer. Is it needed? It is used rarely and the last time it was used was 01/28/2006. It is taking up more space than all my other programs. I would like to delete it if it is not necessary to run work or excel. HELP! Microsoft Office suite containing Word, Excel, and Outlook. Only you know if you use/need it but if you delete it, you will no longer have those programs. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] Tech Editor for "Microsoft Publisher 2007 For Dummies" "Helpless&quo...

XmlSchema classes help needed
Hi All, I am having hard time figuring out how to programmatically construct a schema with following comple type: <xs:complexType name="A"> <xs:sequence> <xs:element minOccurs="1" maxOccurs="1" name="B" type="B" /> <xs:element minOccurs="1" maxOccurs="1" name="C" type="C" /> </xs:sequence> <xs:anyAttribute> </xs:complexType> Specifically I can not find any way to insert the "XmlSchemaAnyAttribute" instance into the complex type I have. A...

i am new to excel and need help thanks!
first off thanks you guys for taking the time to help. i have got alot of info from the forums. ok here is my latest adventure! i am trying to create a list of phone numbers for my boss. he asked me to pull out every phone number on his phone bills and make a list using excel. now his bills are in PDF formatt and i have purchased a PDF to excel converter and it works great, my issue is once im in excel i want to extract or copy all the phone numbers, is that possible? so far ive just been able to delete alot of unwanted text and contect that carries over from the PDF and narrow it down ...

Need trailing zeroes to show for range of numbers....
The file I pulled into Excel for some reason cut off 2 trailing zeroes, no matter how I format it they will not show up. There are thousands of them and I can't see typing in each one over just to get two zeroes on the end. Does anyone know of a way to format this so they will show up? I have searched Microsoft online with no help. Not too much information, but try this (after saving your workbook!) In an empty cell enter the numner 100. Edit>Copy Select your data Edit>Paste Special, check Multiply -- Kind Regards, Niek Otten Microsoft MVP - Excel "Sueshe" &...

need to copy a long list of file names
I have a long list of file names (240 from a search) that I need to put into Excel. Copy won't do it. How now brown cow??? Here's a reference to an earlier post that addressed that: http://groups.google.com/group/microsoft.public.excel.misc/browse_thread/thread/c52feb7a3eaeec29/5851f917eac4be8f?q=dos+cyclezen&rnum=3#5851f917eac4be8f "=?Utf-8?B?Z2lsY29sYQ==?=" <gilcola@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in news:44810615-F977-4EC9-8DBB-D0C6D466AB67@microsoft.com: > I have a long list of file names (240 from a search) that I need to > put into Excel. Copy ...

need to add/remove characters over thousands of cells
I have thousands of payroll records that are imported into excel on a daily basis. The cost codes appear like this: 7002/1045.824240305 The 7002/ needs to be removed and a . (dot) inserted five from the end like this: 1045.8242.40305 Please note there are hundreds of different cost codes so I cannot simply copy and paste but they must all be coverted so the format is the same. I am desperate for suggestions. cheers, Nadia Try this formula: =MID(A1,FIND("/",A1,1)+1,LEN(A1)) Then use a custom format to get the dot in there. ******************* ~Anne Troy www.OfficeArticles.com www....

Need CRM 3.0 SB Cals
If anyone has extra CALs for 3.0 Small Business please let me know. ...

need variable time axis available in XY chart for area chart #3
I am unable to use different X axis in the Area chart, which is available in the X Y charts. How do I use the X Y chart features of variable X axis to make the area chart? ...

How do I stop using data source no longer needed for charts?
HOW DO I DELETE AN AUTOMATIC LINK which is no longer there? I have copied a chart from one workbook to create a new workbook. Now it always says this wkbk contains automatic links to information in another workbook. Grace - You can unlink a chart from its source data. This web page describes several ways: http://peltiertech.com/Excel/ChartsHowTo/DelinkChartData.html - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Peltier Technical Services Tutorials and Custom Solutions http://PeltierTech.com/ _______ Grace wrote: > HOW DO I DELETE AN AUTOMATIC LINK which is no longer there? &g...

Scrolling a static control?
Given a narrow "static" control on a dialog, it's text can be set using SetWindowText("Some looong text here...."). That same long text can be retrieved with GetWindowText(). What's missing is the ability to select the text while holding down the left mouse button. Enabling the SS_NOTIFY style on the control itself will notify the parent of things like WM_LBUTTONDOWN, WM_MOUSEMOVE, and WM_LBUTTONUP messages, but can anything be done to scroll and select the text? Thanks, DC You cannot do that with a static control. An alternative is to use a CEditBox control ...

How do I insert a specific number in a gantt bar
Hi I,m attempting to insert a specific number into a gantt bar or edit default text in the format box. Any body help? Hi GarryB, I'm not sure I understand completely what you are trying to do. I'm guessing edit the information which shows next to the bars on the Gantt chart? Insert a custom field into the table through Insert > Column and pick on of the text columns. Enter the value you want to show. Then Format > Bar Styles. Select the bar type and on the Text tab, select the custom field. I hope this helps. Let us know how you get along. Julie Pr...

scroll bars #3
My scroll bars and sheet pages have disappreared from the files that I am working on i excell. How do I get them back? What did you use when you searched Google Advanced Groups as search argument. I don't think you even tried to solve your own problem. (you would also have to spell Excel with one EL ). http://groups.google.com/advanced_group_search?q=group:*Excel*&num=100 scroll.bar* missing http://google.com/groups?threadm=cmoore.wtjaa%40excelforum-nospam.com --- HTH, David McRitchie, Microsoft MVP - Excel [site changed Nov. 2001] My Excel Pages: http://www.m...

Serious Email Retrieval Needed
Here's my problem. My motherboard blew up last week. I have since replaced it, but now m o/s doesn't recognize my harddrive. I have replaced my harddrive wit a formatted one, and reloaded my o/s and Microsoft Office (includin Outlook). Using the new formatted drive with the new o/s, etc. is there any wa that I can find a copy of all of my emails on the old drive and cop them to the new harddrive. I have never archived my email, but ca only imagine that there must be a file somewhere..... Please someone smack me lightly upside the head and help me with this. Thanks Dav -------...

Help needed arranging data for a pivot table
I have a very large table in excel that I need to create a pivot tabl for, but can't seem to arrange the data correctly. Here's what th table looks like: There are about 20 "type" columns across the top and down the side are dates. For each day each of the columns ha about 20 prices. So a big block of mostly price data is added eac day. Do I have to have all of the prices in one column if I want t view different "types" side by side in a pivot table? If so, I woul have many many times the 65,000 rows that excel allows. This als seems ridiculously redundant. ...

Can not run money2004, Need Help!
I installed money2004 standard in my laptop with windows xp OS (SP1) successfully. But when I can not run it. The money report "Microsoft Money has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience.". And the error detail is "AppName: msmoney.exe AppVer: 12.0.0.613 ModName: ofdutil.dll ModVer: 12.0.0.613 Offset: 0000ce2d". I try every thing I can,"restart windows","uninstall it and installed it again","uninstall it and install money deluxe demo (download from microsoft website). But it is still not reporting th...

Need help with tables
I have a table created where one of my fields in called "Completed" with a Yes/No command option. I would like to know if there is a way that when I check that box, the whole record can be automatically transferred to another table where I can store records that are "completed". Essentially I would have two tables, one with records where the "Completed" check box is not checked and another table where the "completed" box is checked. I'm fairly new to Access so I cannot figure this one out. Any help or suggestions would be very much app...

Mutual fund split ratio needed
Can someone please provide a reduced split ratio for a mutual fund. I am trying to split: 170798 for 153103. Thanks in advance, Perry Lentine Try 24015:21527. "Perry Lentine" <lentino@comcast.net> wrote in message news:IcydnT0M8JWefrbfRVn-qw@comcast.com... > Can someone please provide a reduced split ratio for a mutual fund. > > I am trying to split: 170798 for 153103. ...

Bar code tracking of fixed assets
is there a solution available for Great Plains that allows you to track fixed assets by a bar code? ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?mid=1ff0b670-3408-4021-9705-...

Need help recovering emails
My husband deleted all my emails. Can anyone tell me how to restore them? Thanks. Windows Mail or Windows Live Mail..this is the Windows Live Mail newsgroup ? -- ...winston ms-mvp mail "Paul & Lois" <pjhildman1@msn.com> wrote in message news:O5QOl7OjKHA.2164@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... > My husband deleted all my emails. Can anyone tell me how to restore them? > Thanks. When emails are deleted they go into the Deleted Items folder. Did you look there? --=20 Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail) http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/default.aspx/prof...

Need advice on updating changes made to Exchange server
I have been looking for this answer and cant seem to find it anywhere on the internet. Its simply; how does one immediately update changes made to stmpvs or smtp connectors and have it applied right away? The problem I have is once changes are made to message limit size, it doesnt kick in right away and takes sometimes for it to update the changes I made throughtout the network. Thank you, -Theo restart the smtp service "Theo" <Theo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:ED67F57C-F6F2-46C3-9756-0B6DCBB36F2F@microsoft.com... >I have been looking for thi...

menu bar missing
One of my workers has Outlook XP. There is no menu bar. When I look in the customize dialog box the menu bar check box is checked. I can't seem to find anything in the KB. Any ideas? Thanks Fay search for outcmd.dat and delete it and open outlook backup and see what happens. "Fay Yocum" <fyocum@REMOVEix.netcom.com> wrote in message news:%23IrsLUYLEHA.1644@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl... > One of my workers has Outlook XP. There is no menu bar. When I look in the > customize dialog box the menu bar check box is checked. I can't seem to find > anything in the KB. An...