I have SQL Server installed on my workstation, can I not use MSDE

I have SQL Server Developer Edition on my workstation and I don't
really want another instance of SQL on my box.  Is there anyway for MS
CRM 1.2 to use my existing installation?
0
ramirez2sma
4/23/2004 5:07:41 PM
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

If you are referring to the MSDE datastore for the SFO client, then no, there
isn't.  It will install a new instance, but many of the underlying files are
shared amongst the instances.

Matt Parks

On 23 Apr 2004 10:07:41 -0700, ramirez2sma@hotmail.com (Shawn Ramirez) wrote:

I have SQL Server Developer Edition on my workstation and I don't
really want another instance of SQL on my box.  Is there anyway for MS
CRM 1.2 to use my existing installation?

0
Matt
4/24/2004 6:01:44 AM
Hi,

I have SQL 2000 Dev edition installed on he client.
But when I install SFO client with MSDE, I can't go Offline --> the sync
doesn't work and I get a Metabase error whhen the statun is Offline. Seems
that here are replication problems if the is also an installation of SQL
2000 on the client.

????

Dirk

wrote:

> I have SQL Server Developer Edition on my workstation and I don't
> really want another instance of SQL on my box.  Is there anyway for MS
> CRM 1.2 to use my existing installation?

0
Dirk
4/27/2004 8:36:17 PM
Dirk,

It will work with the configuration you describe.  It may be a security error,
though I haven't run across this one myself.

Sorry,

Matt Parks

wrote:

> I have SQL Server Developer Edition on my workstation and I don't
> really want another instance of SQL on my box.  Is there anyway for MS
> CRM 1.2 to use my existing installation?

0
Matt

Server-based rule for Resource Mailbox?
Hello - Our e-mail administrator set up a few resource mailboxes that can be used to scheudule some of our resources. What I was wondering now is whether it is possible to have server-based rules (auto-respond) work with it? I was able to create a rule to respond to meeting requests sent to the resource but it does not seem to be working. What I want to do is have an e-mail sent to certain people if somebody cancels a meeting with a resource. What I saw too is when people did not sign up "as resource" that an e-mail was sent to the resource mailbox. Is there a way to have the ...

How can I rearrange the toolbars?
I've just now installed IE8 and I've checked the help files but am unable to find out how I can change to order of the toolbars. I am using RoboForm and I would really like to have it as the lowest toolbar. Any help greatly appreciated? Thanks, Lorraine ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Customization in IE8: http://blogs.msdn.com/ie/archive/2009/04/20/customization-in-ie8.aspx Customize IE8...to fit your needs http://windowsteamblog.com/blogs/windowsexperience/archive/2008/08/29/customize-ie8-beta-2-to-fit-your-needs.aspx Many third-party toolbars have their own, ...

Is there a way I can only print the reply instead of the entire email message
I wonder if there is a way I can only print the reply to an email message, instead of printing the entire message? My choice for selection only seem to be gone with Outlook 2003 printing options. Any help is appreciated.............Peter ...

sites and services servers
Hi I recently went into our AD site and services and noticed under servers there are about 4 servers that havent been online for months. Is it safe to just remove/delete them here? Also our licensing server is listing a dead server? Wondering why it never showed anything in event log. This is a 2003 sp2 server in a small domain with 2 other DCs Thanks Shem You need to perform a metadata cleanup. http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc736378(WS.10).aspx You can follow this article to change the licensing sever http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc...

How can I access a public calendar from a custom form
I am trying to create a custom form that would allow a employee to request a vactation time frame. This form would then be mailed to a supervisor who could approve or disapprove the request. I am having difficulty getting the response posted to a public calendar vs. the managers private calendar. Help! -Jeff ...

Can a macro open another worksheet?
Hello, I've got a macro that I need to run on about 200 spreadsheets. Is there a way to get it to select and open all 200 spreadsheets? Thanks, Art. Are they all in the same folder? In fact, do you need to open all the workbooks in a folder? Or all the workbooks in multiple known folders? If you have files in one folder--but you want to choose (click on the first and ctrl-click on subsequent in the file|open dialog), you can do something like: Option Explicit Sub testme() Dim myFileNames As Variant Dim iCtr As Long Dim wkbk As Workbook myFileNames = Ap...

Do we need to install active sync?
Hi all, We have Exchange 2003 Sp2 frontend and backedn servers. I enabled the mobile function in the global seetings. BTW, do we still need to install active sync in the server ot workstaions? Thanks. In news:CD56A612-B0ED-47F0-9428-0B2584DE3AB4@microsoft.com, Sally <Sally@discussions.microsoft.com> typed: > Hi all, > > We have Exchange 2003 Sp2 frontend and backedn servers. I enabled the > mobile function in the global seetings. BTW, do we still need to > install active sync in the server ot workstaions? > > Thanks. You don't install ActiveSync deskt...

Can i display an Icon on a toolbar?
Hello, I'm building a toolbar but i do not want to manualy draw the buttons. Instead i want to be able to display prebuilt ICONs there. Can this be done? How do i proceed? Many thanks You should be able to do it by simply adding a CStatic on the toolbar and placing bitmap/icon on it. Following article shows how to add controls to the toolbar: http://www.codeguru.com/Cpp/controls/toolbar/placingcontrolsintoolbars/article.php/c2547/ ------------------ Ajay Kalra ajaykalra@yahoo.com "Bredal Jensen" <Bredal.Jensen@mimosa.com> wrote in message news:<eMRs7FziEHA.636@TK...

can someone explain what the icons mean
I have a question about the icons next to the email headings. for instance what does the little "i" mean next to the envelope that means it has tracking info attached. See http://www.outlook-tips.net/howto/icons_mail.htm -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com Outlook Tips by email: dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net EMO - a weekly newsletter about Outlook and Exchange: EMO-NEWSLETTER-SUBSCRIBE-REQUEST@PEACH.EASE.LSOFT.COM You can access this newsgroup by visit...

Collation on moving GP to new server
We have GP9 running on SQL 2000. We will be moving it to a new server with SQL 2005. (and then upgrade to GP 10). The instructions in KB878449 say that the new SQL server sortorder must be the same as the old server. The old server is Latin-General, binary sort. We wanted to make the new server Latin-...CI... Is there any way to do this? Due to the way DynamicsGP makes use of the tempdb, the Server default collation MUST be the same at the DYNAMICS and Company database, otherwise the tempdb will not have the same collation and you WILL get errors. Therefore, the SQL2005 instance must b...

during install, E2007, Error Code is 1603 (exchangeserver.msi) failed
Installing E2007 on a server to migrate from E2003, the BPA shows no issues, we get no warnings in the setup, but, when it starts to COPY FILES we get the following: Installing product C:\Exchange 2007\exchangeserver.msi failed. Fatal error during installation. Error code is 1603. Last error reported by the MSI package is 'Module D:\Exchange\Bin\ExSMime.dll failed to register. HRESULT -2147010895. Contact your support personnel.'. I've copied the media to the C drive (we're installing E2007 on the "D" drive array, and run it from C or the CD/DVD, b...

BCM install
I installed the Business Contact Manager. I was already using Outlook 2003. After the installation I thought that new menus would be added or something, but there isn't anything that I see to use the BCM features. I restarted. I browsed to the BCM directory and ran the enable.exe and it says it is already enabled. Suggestions? John Are you also using Exchange? BCM is not compatible with an Exchange account. - Sue Mosher, Outlook MV Outlook and Exchange solutions at http://www.slipstick.com Author o Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for Administrators, Power Users,...

Leave copies on server with Exchange 2003
Hi all, I have a user who normally connects to an exchange server in the office, but he likes to connect to his mail box via pop3 on his phone/pda when out and about. The trouble is that the pda downloads his entire mailbox every time and removes them from his inbox on the server, even when 'Leave a copy on the server' is checked. I've tested this in the office using Outlook Express to confirm that this is happening. How can I have the server leave a copy of everything in the exchange mialbox, while sending new items to the device which requests them? Many thanks, Garet...

Server Error: 0x80191002
Hi. What does this error message mean? Server Error: 0x80191002 Server: 'http://mail.services.live.com/DeltaSync_v2.0.0/Sync.aspx' Windows Live Mail Error ID: 0x80191002 I'm on XPsp3 and using Live Mail Desktop 14.0.8089.0726. I haven't been able to synch my account from the desktop client since yesterday morning. The web interface is working fine, but that's not very convenient for me. Graeme Several sites suggest deleting the account and recreate it as an attempt to correct this issue. However, there are also many which state you must contact...

Problem With Front End Server Exchange 2003
i m running exchange 2003 Stan on server 2003. i got Error message on my screen There is no RPC-HTTP Front-end in your exchange Organization. There Must be at Lease on RPC-HTTP Front-end Server in the organization before the RPC-HTTp back and serve. so how can i configuration RPCHTTP Front End www.microsoft.com/exchange On Thu, 6 Jan 2005 08:11:04 -0800, dua <dua@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >i m running exchange 2003 Stan on server 2003. >i got Error message on my screen >There is no RPC-HTTP Front-end in your exchange Organization. There Must be >at Lease on R...

Problem after e-mail server re-start
Hi, I have the prblem for OWA users to access the Exchange server every times re-started the server, and Outlook users using IMAP connection also experience delays or hangs. The following is found in the event log Source: W3SVC Event ID: 101 The server was unable to add the virtual root '/Exchange' for the directory 'M:\speedsourcing.com\MBX' due to the following error: The system cannot find the path specified. The data is the error code. From the Internet Services Manager, paths for Exchange, ExchWeb & Exadmin are all unavailable. The first two can be manually r...

Old servers showing up in "Create an exchange mailbox" wizard.
Greetings, I have a customer who removed some Exchange 5.5 servers in an usual fashion, and as such I removed them from the ORG by using ADSIEDIT to delete them. The problem is these mailbox servers are still showing up as target options in the create a new mailbox selection wizard. How can I clear these dead and gone servers from this list? The SRS databases and ADC are long gone, and the enviornment is native mode 2003. Also I thought at one point making a server a front-end server made it not show up in this list. I see all their front-end servers in this list, so I am guess my recollectio...

Using variable names for cells
I seem to remember a technique where I could assign a variable name to the contents of a cell so that whenever I wanted to use the contents, all I had to do was call up the variable name. Unfortunately I cannot find the way to set up the process. Any suggestsions or ideas would be appreciated. Thanks and a Happy New Year. -- Take out the trash to reply '05 FLHTCUI Hi dim rng as range set rng=activesheet.range("A1") msgbox rng.value -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany Ultraglide wrote: > I seem to remember a technique where I could assign a variable name to >...

can cvs files be opened using excel viewer
i have a user who cannot open cvs files with excel viewer but can ope with the full version of excel...anyone experienced this problem and i so, can you pls post the resolution -- darrie ----------------------------------------------------------------------- darriel's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=2388 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=37522 There is nothing in the description of the Excel Viewer to suggest that it can read anything other than true XLS files. http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;...

Server Crash and Recovery
Hello! I have 1 2003 server that was running AD and Exchange on it. I have back ups of System State and Exchange Databases. Now the server crashed. I have another server(slightly different hardware) and I want to restore everything from back ups, but i can't find the proper procedures to do so. Can some one help or point me to proper white papers. Thank You go here...tells you everything you need to know: http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/exchange/2003/library/disrecopg de.mspx -- Susan Conkey [MVP] "Kory" <koryg@community.nospam> wrote in message ne...

How do I use excel names with INDIRECT with charts
Hello, I want to create a Chart that does not directly reference cell-ranges (i.e. A1:A6), but excel-names that make the reference sheet-independent. My aim is to be able to copy one chart to other worksheets, which have their dataareas at the same places like the source-sheet. Problem: This works fine in cells but not in charts Excel name definition: =INDIRECT("R3C2";0):INDIRECT("R3C5";0) Any idea about this? Thanks in advance, Holger. You have to include the sheet name in the final formula that you want XL to use. -- Regards, Tushar Mehta www.tushar-mehta.co...

SBS2003 + Internet Explorer
We have a customer who has an SBS 2003 Premium server with ISA 2004 They have just installed a bolt on to Outlook which searches their mailboxes or something. They have discovered that they cannot get this to work unless the untick the 'Use automatic configuration script' in Internet Explorer. Trouble is each time they re-boot a PC the tick comes back, so sounds like it's a policy setting somewhere. What is this ? Where is it configured and what are the implications of turning it off ? Could it be that rather than turn it off whatever it is ought to be con...

Try to use caspol but this command doesn't work
Hi! I try to set a security policy so the runtime interpret the assembly to being run in code group Internet_zone but this command has some syntax error that I can't see what it is ? caspol -ag 1 -url file:///C:/test/* Internet -n InternetTest -exclusive on //Tony "Tony Johansson" <johansson.andersson@telia.com> wrote in message news:%23wkIB6N%23KHA.3176@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... > I try to set a security policy so the runtime interpret the > assembly to being run in code group Internet_zone but this command has > some > syntax error that I...

DHCP server behavior
Hi, In Windows server 2003, assume a connection session is in place and the remote host's IP is assigned by a DCHP server. What would happen if the DHCP server wants to assign a new IP to the remote host? Will the connection end? or, Will the server wait till the connection is gracefully ended by the user and then assign a new IP to the remote host? Thanks Yba Hello Yba, The DHCP server never assigns a new address from itself. The client makes the request for a new lease after the half lease time. Best regards Meinolf Weber Disclaimer: This posting is provid...

i have problem with password to email server
i just got on the sight. How do i go about finding out the password to outlook express to the email server. I have to set up a internal email system. and everytime i get to log on outlook express it pops up with a window to enter a user and password. but i dont know it. How do i get my password back. can i get in touch with isp and get it. ...