I don't want license for some users...

Is there any way to have active users without license? My service manager
needs to plan services. Services are processed by service staff. This staff
don't need to work in CRM (no licenses for them) but they are people and I
want them to have in system as users which can be attached to work group. Is
it possible? Or should I use equipment object to add people there?
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

The only user you can have without a license is System Admin.

0
Krishna
7/12/2006 7:44:53 AM
So I will have to enter my human resources in equipment list?

"Krishna Sydney" wrote:

> The only user you can have without a license is System Admin.

In CRM 3.0, you can create 'restricted' users, who do not require a license.
On the CRM User Profile screen, check the 'restricted user' box at the
bottom of the form and then assign the user a role.  The user will then be
active, but if they were to log into the CRM, they would not see any data.

If you're using CRM 1.2, well....upgrade!

Dave Ireland

"Rock3" <Rock3@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Is there any way to have active users without license? My service manager
> needs to plan services. Services are processed by service staff. This
> staff
> don't need to work in CRM (no licenses for them) but they are people and I
> want them to have in system as users which can be attached to work group.
> Is
> it possible? Or should I use equipment object to add people there?

0
Dave

User Password not consistent from computer to server
I have recently upgraded a client from GP8 to GP9 and SQL 2000 to SQL 2005. The users are experiencing a weird side-effect. There are users who log into GP on their workstations and the terminal server, but the passwords don't work on both installs. For example, the username and password used on the workstation fails when entered in the install on the terminal server. We can reset the user's password using the teminal server so they can log in on the terminal server, but then they cannot log in to GP on their workstation unless we reset their password using the workstation i...

SFO multiple users in the same PC
Can I use SFO with multiple users in the same PC? I Tryed but the CRM buttons didn't appears in the second user, nor the CRM folders. What can I do to achive this? Thanks in advance -- Carlos Multi-user profiles are not supported by the SFO client. Matt Parks MVP - Microsoft CRM ---------------------------------------- ---------------------------------------- On Fri, 22 Oct 2004 11:11:02 -0700, Carlos <charlyt@patan.org> wrote: Can I use SFO with multiple users in the same PC? I Tryed but the CRM buttons didn't appears in the second user, nor the CRM folders. What can...

daily user access denied
Hi There, I have done a couple of deployment for partners and 1 for a customer with integration. On one of the partner deployments I have the following daily error. If no person with the administrator rights are logged into the system ALL other users gets thrown off the application. While in this state all users can work perfectly to file sharing on the server, print, exchange are working fine for them. CRM will only strart to work again when the user with CRM admin rights logs into the environment.?? Any suggestions? Regards Warren ...

Subtracting dates to get hours... but I want to skip weekends
In column A I have start times (DD/MM/YY HH/MM/SS) and in column B I have the stop times. I am measuring the hours from the difference of these columns for each row, in column C. However, I would like to exclude weekends from the subtraction. I.e Friday 5 pm is the start time, Monday 8 am is the stop time, then the difference would be 15 hours instead of 63 hours. I know how to convert the fractions returned from the difference, into hours/minutes/days, and I also know how to convert dates to "day of week", so unless you guys know of a good idea I was just going to sort the file...

software license
I had a presario 700 notebook computer that came with factory installed software. One being MS Money. Is it possible to install the software from my notebooks software CD to my new laptop? You are allowed on copy on a PC and one copy on a laptop. So license-wise yes; practically you need a CD with the Money software on it. -- Regards Bob Peel, Microsoft MVP - Money For UK tips & fixes see http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;EN-GB;mny. I do not respond to any emails that I have not specifically asked for. "MusicMagicDjs.com" <MusicMagicDjs.com@discussi...

Need Help with CRM License Types
Hi, I'm trying to purchase additional CRM Customer Service Pro licenses, but am confused by the types of licenses I'm seeing. What are the differences between the following: CRM Customer Service Professional - License & software assurance CRM Customer Service Professional - Software assurance What is software assurance? The company purchased license packs in the past, (part: T07-01553 for CRM1.2), but I can't even find the part anymore. Or should I be speaking with sales people somewhere? Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks, Jonathan N. Software Assurance: http:...

Same account name, but diff. boxes/users?
Greetings, My company already had two www domains, before buying another company and adding their domain name to our Exchange organization. My problem is that the original company, company1.com already had an "admin" (admin@company1.com) mail account for catch-all and general info. Now I need to enable this same (also pre-existing) mailbox (admin@company3.com) for a different individual on the new company3.com, but Exchange's behaviour seems to be that an account name, "admin" can be used for only one of any domain in the organization? Any advice would be apprec...

import data for user define entity
hi guys How i can import data for user define entity? Regards Hi, The Data Migration Framework only allows to import to the system defined entities. You could either create your own import application based on the SDK (which is fairly simple if you have programming skills), or you could use a third party like Scribe Software. Kind regards, -- Ronald Lemmen - MSCRM MVP Avanade Netherlands http://ronaldlemmen.blogspot.com/ "abboushi" wrote: > hi guys > How i can import data for user define entity? > Regards > ...

MAC Users
I'm teaching an Excel Intro (Office 2000) in March and I have 3 MAC users in the class. I'd like to provide them with a printout of the differences between Excel for Windows and Excel for MACs, such as keyboard shortcuts, etc. I searched the Microsoft Knowledge Base and Excel Help, but didn't find much I could use. Any ideas? Thanks! Eva Shanley - > I'm teaching an Excel Intro (Office 2000) in March and I have 3 MAC users in the class. I'd like to provide them with a printout of the differences between Excel for Windows and Excel for MACs, such as keyboard ...

User form pop up if cell is empty on close workbook
I have created a user form in a workbook. I would like the form to pop up if a certain cell in a worksheet is empty when the user tries to close the workbook. I dont know how to write the code in VBA. Can anyone help with that? I am using XL2002 and WinXP Pro. TIA for any help Dave Bob, I've taken your code and put in the sheet and range values that I need to. In VBA, I inserted a module in the workbook and copied and pasted the code into the module and saved file. However, It doesn't seem to be working. I can close the workbook without being prompted by the userform1. I did notice t...

Meeting invitation responses going to deleted user
I have a user (call him "Kevin"). He sends a meeting invitation to anyone. That person responds (doesn't matter what the response is). Kevin gets the response, but the invited user gets a bounce message saying the response couldn't be deliverd to "Mike Foobar". "Mike Foobar" no longer works here (he used to work for Kevin), and his AD account and Exchange mailboxes were deleted months ago. Exchange 2003, Windows Server 2003. We had a number of problems with our old Exchange 2000 hardware, so I set up a new server, moved all the mailboxes, and then ...

E-mails don't apprear in the others users
Hello In the company we have Exchange Server 2000 and Outlook 2002 and 2003. I actived the option "Chached Mode" with Exchange. The Sales Force users to travel a lot and they work from any computer in the domain and they have access to e-mails. But when I actived the "Cached Mode" option one copy local was done in one computer and the other computers can't read the e-amils. How I can do to work with "Chached Mode" and in the same time be able to work with others computers? Or how can I restore this e-mails in the server to work with Outlook 2002 like ...

Rename User Problem
We have a user that has gotten divorced. I have renamed her account and everything else yet she still shows up with her old name in one place. Example: Old name: Missy Oldname = moldname as her username. She used to show up like Missy Oldname <moldname> in the address list dropdown. Renamed everything to: New name: Missy Newname = mnewname as her username. She still shows up in the address list as Missy Newname <moldname> in the address drop down list. The strange thing is you can search for her name by typing mo and it brings up her email name in the to: field. You type mn...

Reporting on user logon and time in CRM
Is there any possible way to report on when users log into CRM and how long they are in? Any thoughts or insight is greatly appreciated. Regards, Sean Aaron and I bounced a couple of ideas around before he left, but we never came up with anything that would work consistently. The problem is that the whole nature of HTTP is that it's stateless. We get around some of that by caching a bit of information in the application tier, and that was the core of the original idea. That is, could we use the cache insert time to determine, within the cache timeout time, the last time a user conn...

size limit for a user's exchange mailbox
Hi there Is there a practical limit to the size that a user's exchange can grow to? Incidentally, is this different from the theoretical limit? Best regards Loane For practical reasons, you should restrict users to 200MB mailboxes. The theoretical limit of the MB size is not restricted and can be as large as the DB itself can get...which at this time is limited only by the hardware capacity that you store it on. There are WAY many reasons that a MB of large size will never be functional anyway...but thats for a totally different discussion. Rummie "Loane Sharp" <l...

Disabling up-to-date notifications for all users
Hi there I need to disable up-to-date notifications for all users except a few. How do I do this the smartest way? Regards Klaus R.N. ...

excel user data
Is there a file that holds user data such as page break locations that could be transferred to a new machine? AFAIK that would be part of each workbook. -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software donaldb@281.com "Jnewsome" <jmnewsome@gdph.state.ga.us> wrote in message news:d02d01c48aac$1051a290$a401280a@phx.gbl... > Is there a file that holds user data such as page break > locations that could be transferred to a new machine? NOTE: page break settings are workbook-specific and would be stored with the workbook. For other global stored settings.......... Do a file search...

Mailbox size limit for a user mailbox?
Hi! We deployed Exchange 2003 Enterprise Edition + SP1. What is the mailbox size limit for a user mailbox? We cannot create more than 2 GB mailbox store for any user. Is it a limitation or can we create more than 2 GB mailbox per user? Best Rgeards Mustafa On Thu, 6 Oct 2005 02:10:04 -0700, "mustafa" <mustafa@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Hi! >We deployed Exchange 2003 Enterprise Edition + SP1. > >What is the mailbox size limit for a user mailbox? We cannot create more >than 2 GB mailbox store for any user. Is it a limitation or can we create >mor...

CRM 4.0: Get Error When Try to Enable a Disabled User
We recently upgraded to CRM 4.0. Now we can not Enable a Disabled User. The system gives an error message. We have just applied Roll up 4.0, but it still has not fixed the problem. We are also having problem with creating reports. Any ideas would be appreciated? Error When I try to Enable a User wrote: > We recently upgraded to CRM 4.0. Now we can not Enable a Disabled User. The > system gives an error message. We have just applied Roll up 4.0, but it > still has not fixed the problem. We are also having problem with creating > reports. Any ideas would be appreciat...

Exchange 2003 Users recieve HTTP error 403
Dear All, I would like to try and find some help on the issue we are having. When users connect to our OWA site, which is published through ISA sucessfully and we are using a Front-End - Back-End server setup they get a HTTP error 403 - Fobidden Access is diend. Once the user refreshes the page they log into OWA without any issues, this affects different users at different times, we have the IISADMPWD configured as well and i am not sure if this is effecting it. I have looked around at other posts put most of them are looking at SBS 2003, we are only using Exchnage 2003 SP2, on windows 2003...

Expose additional exchange user properties in GAL/Outlook
Hello, How do you expose additional properties in the user properties available from the GAL in Outlook? For example, in my user properties on Exchange (2k3) - General tab - I have a field called Web page, but this isn't available when viewing the same user via the GAL in Outlook. Is it possible to include the Web page field in the GAL/Outlook view and how would I accomplish this? Thanks. Hi Craig, You can modify the address book templates. There's a small article about that here: http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/exchange/guides/E2k3AdminGuide/44db5755-8c30-4a07-bcd...

License usage for Microsoft Exchange Server
Yesterday I noticed a warning event in the event viewer that the "License usage for product Microsoft Exchange 2003 is nearing the maximum number or per server licenses purchased" In the licensing application I show that for "Per Server Purchased" we have 100 licenses and for "Per Server Reached" the value is -112 (!??). When I select the properties of Microsoft Exchange Server 2003, it shows we have 100 licenses purchased and have reached 94. Even this 94 amount is hard to believe. There are a total of 48 mailboxes showing in ESM and at the very most I...

Receiving mail I dont want
I am receiving everyday mail from Microsoft with critical updates on everything from SP's to hotfixes(around 10 a day). This is very annoying as it fill sup my mailbox everyday. There is no link saying where to unsubscribe. How to I get rid of these mails from appearing? They are viruses and spam. There's not much you can do. Unsubscribing from SPAM is about the worst thing you can do as it just confirms to the spammer that they are hitting a valid mailbox. You can get an anti-spam program which will help with this problem, but nothing will eliminate it completely. -- Patricia C...

I want to circle a date on a yearly calendar.
I am making a yearly calendar for my bass club. I want to circle the dates for our meetings each month and also our tournaments. How can I do this? -- Lee Use drawing items. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] Tech Editor for "Microsoft Publisher 2007 For Dummies" "Leep5904" <lpruiett2@comcast.net> wrote in message news:46CA3EBC-1FE0-41F0-8816-2C6E18E68D04@microsoft.com... > I am making a yearly calendar for my bass club. I want to circle the dates > for our meetings each month and also our tournaments. How can I do this? > --...

want to link excel doc. to pdf.
is it possible for me to link (using copy then paste special then past link) an excel document to a pdf document. I want the files to be th exact same, so when i make changes to the excel document, i automatically updates the pdf doc. I want to do this because the exce document is a current availibility of my products and the pdf documen is that same availibility to be viewed on my website. I constantly mak changes to my availibility and it would be so much easier if i automatically linked to the pdf. i'd appreciate any input. perhap someone has an even better approach to my situation. ...