HTTP Error 401.2

Hi,

I have installed MS CRM 1.2 on my Domain controller running windows 2003
standard server and email router on exchange 2003.  My local ip subnet is
172.0.0.x

With ms vpn connection,  I can access to ms crm by using outlook 2003 or
internet explorer by opening the default ms crm page remotely.  However, if i
connect to ms crm with different subnet 10.0.0.x, i cannot connect to ms crm.
 10.0.0.x subnet is routed to 172.0.0.x, where my users normally login email
from the exchange 2003.

What puzzle me is why i can authenticate from exchange 2003 but not ms crm
server on using the same 10.0.0.x subnet?  I can access crm using ms vpn
connection which will assign me with 172.0.0.x subnet.

This is the error i got from the internet explorer when i try to access the
crm page:
You are not authorized to view this page
credentials that you supplied because your Web browser is sending a
WWW-Authenticate header field that the Web server is not configured to
accept.
Please try the following:
Contact the Web site administrator
You are not authorized to view this page
credentials that you supplied because your Web browser is sending a
WWW-Authenticate header field that the Web server is not configured to
accept.
Please try the following:
Contact the Web site administrator
Click the Refresh button to try again with different credentials.
HTTP Error 401.2 - Unauthorized: Access is denied due to server configuration.
Internet Information Services (IIS)

Please help!!!

Cheers,
Boon
0
Boon (2)
12/27/2004 10:03:02 AM
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

Hi Boon,

You have several problems. But the main issue is, that you should never
install on the Domain controller MSCRM Server. Please use an SBS Pro or
install it on another member server. During the installation process you
need local admin rights, which you will not get on a Domain Controller.

How is the IIS/MSCRM configured? Please check the login and disable the
anonymous access.

--
Ich hoffe, das hilft / I hope, this helps.

Freundliche Gr�sse,
Alfred G�bel (MS)

(Microsoft kann f�r die Richtigkeit und Vollst�ndigkeit der Inhalte in
dieser Newsgroup keine Haftung �bernehmen.)

"Boon" <Boon@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
> Hi,
>
> I have installed MS CRM 1.2 on my Domain controller running windows 2003
> standard server and email router on exchange 2003.  My local ip subnet is
> 172.0.0.x
>
> With ms vpn connection,  I can access to ms crm by using outlook 2003 or
> internet explorer by opening the default ms crm page remotely.  However,
> if i
> connect to ms crm with different subnet 10.0.0.x, i cannot connect to ms
> crm.
> 10.0.0.x subnet is routed to 172.0.0.x, where my users normally login
> email
> from the exchange 2003.
>
> What puzzle me is why i can authenticate from exchange 2003 but not ms crm
> server on using the same 10.0.0.x subnet?  I can access crm using ms vpn
> connection which will assign me with 172.0.0.x subnet.
>
> This is the error i got from the internet explorer when i try to access
> the
> crm page:
> You are not authorized to view this page
> credentials that you supplied because your Web browser is sending a
> WWW-Authenticate header field that the Web server is not configured to
> accept.
> Please try the following:
> Contact the Web site administrator
> You are not authorized to view this page
> credentials that you supplied because your Web browser is sending a
> WWW-Authenticate header field that the Web server is not configured to
> accept.
> Please try the following:
> Contact the Web site administrator
> Click the Refresh button to try again with different credentials.
> HTTP Error 401.2 - Unauthorized: Access is denied due to server
> configuration.
> Internet Information Services (IIS)
>
> Please help!!!
>
> Cheers,
> Boon

0
Alfred

Error msge on closing Outlook
When I go out of Outlook I get an error message the contents which are listed below. How do I solve this pain in the butt? AppName: outlook.exe AppVer: 12.0.6023.5000 AppStamp:46574050 ModName: dccmsp32.dll ModVer: 10.0.2000.929 ModStamp:39d4133c fDebug: 0 Offset: 00005346 Running XP Pro SR2 with all updates to date and have Office 2007 Enterprise on board. Hard to say offhand, but there are a few standard steps that might help: See if this helps: http://www.slipstick.com/problems/scanpst.htm Also you might try repairing Outlook fron Control Panel | Add/Remo...

Having 2 workbooks open simultaneously
I have a wide screen laptop that can accommodate 2 Excel workbooks side by side. I used that feature for a while until sometime about two weeks ago something happened (I don't know what) and now I a only able to keep one workbook open at a time. When I try to open a second one, the first one minimizes. Can anyone tell me how to get it back so that I can once again view 2 workbooks side by side? Many thanks for your help -- Royal Did yesterday's response work: "How about just window|Arrange|Tiled (or whatever you want)" Royal wrote: > > I have a wide screen l...

"Server Recipients" gives an error
I have a Mixed Mode 5.5 setup with several 2000 and one exchange 2003 server. If I select the exchange 2003 server in MS Exchange 5.5 Admin and click on that servers "Server Recipients", I recieve this message. The requested operation cannot be completed because the operation is not supported on this object Microsoft Exchage Address Book ID no: 80040102-0000-00000000 Any comments would be helpful. Thanks. hmmm...I can see items in this container in my Exchange admin program with no problem...where are you looking at this? on a server? or on a workstation? were you ever able to...

Update for Microsoft XML core service 6.service pack 2
Updates are ready. Message bubble shows constantly. Updates won't load millypede wrote: > Updates are ready. Message bubble shows constantly. Updates won't > load Operating System? Service Pack level? Architecture? Anything that you have tried? -- Shenan Stanley MS-MVP -- How To Ask Questions The Smart Way http://www.catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html ...

Find a value in list 2 that is not in list 1
I have text values in column A and also in column B, most of which match. I would like to take the values in column B that are not in column A and put those values only in column C. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Maxxwell, Put this formula in column C, and copy down. =IF(ISERROR(MATCH(B2,$A$2:$A$20,0)),B2,"") To get them contiguous, use Autofilter, filter on nonblanks in column C, and copy/paste to somewhere. -- Earl Kiosterud mvpearl omitthisword at verizon period net ------------------------------------------- "maxxwell2" <maxxwell2@discussions.microsof...

How do I stop 1 day tasks splitting over 2 days?
I am using Project 2003 and it has got an annoying habit of splitting most tasks with a duration of 1 day into 7 hours of work on one day and 1 hour of work the following day when you look at them within the Resource Usage view. This is mucking up my Gantt chart as the tasks effectively look as if they are 2 day tasks (although the duration cell definitely says 1 day). Any idea what is causing the problem and how do I fix it? Things to note: - The project calendar and resource calendars are definitely showing 8 hour working days (8-12 then 1-5) so that isn’t causing the probl...

Link Error: Unresolved external GetThisClass
I am writing an MDI application based generally on the CHKBOOK sample. I need to have several views of the same document. I started out creating a single view and got that working then made a copy of the first view and did a replace on the class name to create the second view. At this point the second view is still identical to the first until I get the mechanism working the way I want it. The problem is that I keep getting the following link error once the second view is added: PCR.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "public: static struct CRuntimeClass * __stdcall CByDayVie...

Question about Exchange 5.5 error message
I have two Exchange 5.5 email servers running is the same domain, but geographically separated by 300+ Kilometers. I was curious to understand why a message created on EXCH2 would not go out its IMS connector but out the IMS connector of EXCH1, which again is at a distant location. The MTS-ID of the original message is: c=US;a= ;p=ORGANIZATION;l=EXCH2-04xxxxxxx50Z-4xxx3 MSEXCH:IMS:ORGANIZATION:SAME_DOMAIN:EXCH1 3499 (000B09B6) Host unreachable Thanks Pat bigpat@freenet.de (Pat) wrote: >I have two Exchange 5.5 email servers running is the same domain, but >geographic...

Confidentiality Notice #2
How do i configure Exchange 2003 to add a Confidentiality Notice at the bottom of all outgoing emails?? Can this be done without using Visual Basic? Thanks, Greg ...

Error Within IF Statement
Could anyone assist me in assessing what is wrong with the formula below. I am getting a message "the formula you typed contains and error". What is highlighted is the last AND shown below Thanks =IF(F3="DOB Missing","Can't Calculate Rate",IF(D3="Country","",(IF(AND(F3<18),Rates!D16,(IF(AND(F3<19,F3>=18),Rates!D10,(IF(AND(F3>=19,F3<20,J3<1),Rates!D10,(IF(AND(F3>=19,F3<20,J3>1),Rates!D12,(IF(AND(F3>=20,J3<1),Rates!D10,(IF(AND(F3>=20,J3>1,J3<2),Rates!D12,Rates!G31))))))))))))) John, You hav...

Unable to add tasks
Received the following message when trying to add new tasks: Could not complete the operation. One or more parameter values are not valid. Email: Microsoft Exchange Server. O/S: Windows XP Professional The IT department suggested I run scanpst but this is where I am confused. I work remotely (connect to network via a vpn) and use ost files. I did the scanpst on the ost files but that does not correct the problem. I reviewed other options but do not want to go any further without trying to get other opinions. ...

Error Code 0x8007000E
Sorry in advance I know not a lot about computers! Just bought a new computer and installed Outlook 2007 - every time a try to send an email it comes up with the following warning: Sending reported error (0x8007000E): Out of memory or system resources. Close some windows or programs and try again. It is a brand new computer and I have been trying it only running Outlook and that still does not work. Ran the diagnostic but it is say that everything is ok and the test emails are going through - the are not entering Outlook but can find them on Bigpond email website. PLEASE HEL...

Duplicating reocords from main form and subform receiving Runtime Error 3022
I am trying to develop a command button that will duplicate the main form and the subform information and save it to another record within the same tables. I used Allen Browne's program and modified it to fit my tables. At first it would copy the main form and not the subform data so I made some changes and now I am getting the Runtime error 3022. I have worked on this off and on for about 2 weeks. Any help on getting this to run will be greatly appreciated. Below is my code: Private Sub Command78_Click() 'On Error GoTo Err_Handler 'Purpose: Duplicate the main ...

error: failed to provision your initial business
Hi All, during installing CRM 1.2 from the CD we are receiving the following error msg: Failed to install microsoft customer relationship management server. Failed to provosion your initial business Failed to create root business Catastropic failure (8000FFFF) we are using win2000 adv srv sql2000 and crm 1.2 any ideas ?? did anyone else got this error ? I searched MS support site and KB but no use ! thanks in advance Regds ...

Error 227 'QQQ' is not declared.
I have many files like this one with identical statements for the MasterType, Content and for: <div id="QQQ"> and for the script shown below. A couple of those files cause the error: Error 227 'QQQ' is not declared. It may be inaccessible due to its protection level. The following markup is from one of those files. What could possibly be the problem with this file? Thanks <%@ Page Language="VB" MasterPageFile="~/Main.master" AutoEventWireup="false" CodeFile="2010Events.aspx.vb" Inhe...

Out look express error
Sometimes when i open outlook express where my list of messages should be i get a error saying MESSAGE LIST CONTROL the only way to get rid of it is to close outlook and restart it. Can anyone tell me what this is and how do i fix it? Thanks Mike Michael Moore <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Sometimes when i open outlook express where my list of > messages should be i get a error saying MESSAGE LIST > CONTROL the only way to get rid of it is to close outlook > and restart it. Ask in an Outlook Express newsgroup. -- Brian Tillman ...

Outlook Express #2
I have Outlook Express installed on two computers at two separate residences. Both are set to check the same comcast email address. One works fine but the other I keep getting errors when I try to send out emails etc. Should I be able to use Outlook express at two separate locations to check the same email at different times without a problem. Sounds a bit like the problem I am having (see my post from earlier today). Both my PCs are configured the same: one keeps prompting me for the POP3 password for each e-mail account, the other I have been able to successfully save the pa...

2 Axes, same scale wanted
Hi Is it possible to set my second y axis so that the scale is identical to the first y axis. (My chart needs to have 2 axes as one plots daily values and one plots annual) but I find that excel automatically assigns diferent scales to each? This same reference should apply to dual axis charts. You can apply scales to both primary and secondary axes using worksheet cells via Jon's explanation below. http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/AxisScaleLinkToSheet.html -- John Mansfield http://cellmatrix.net "jonny" wrote: > Hi > > Is it possible to set my sec...

Data validation for 2 valid values
I want a cell to allow only 2 valid values but not have a drop-down list appear. How do I do that with Data->Validation? Data>validation>allow>list, put the 2 values separated by a comma in the source box, uncheck in cell dropdown -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom "Hall" <hall@garp.org> wrote in message news:ujuB%23w52DHA.2000@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl... > I want a cell to allow only 2 valid values but not have a drop-down list > appear. > > How do I do that with Data->Validation? > > Using a list, as Peo suggested, will force users to match the ...

CRM 3.0 Installation Error #2
Receiving the following error during "System Requirements" step of the server installation: "One or more Microsoft CRM groups are not valid. The group scope must be Domain Local or Global. The group type must be Security." Environment: SQL Server 2000 CRM Server: Server 2003 SP2 Details: I am trying to reinstall CRM on one of our redundant app servers. This server was already running CRM but was uninstalled in attempt to fix an issue. CRM is still running on the primary app server. I am therefore connecting to an existing DB. The AD groups exist, have the correct ...

Change Percentage DIV/0! Error
I'm trying to see the change between (A) 2002 unit sales and (B)200 unit sales, and am using the following formula: =(B-A)/A This gives me the difference negative or positive, however if A (200 sales) is zero, then I get the DIV/0! error, how do I fix this? Thank you -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi, A couple of things you might want to consider. One is that your formula will not take into account what the change is if the prior month base amount is negative. To fix that use the =IF(base=0,"",(current-base)/ABS(base)) This should help >-----Or...

NDR in 2 Exchange Servers 2003 on 2 domains
Hi, 2 Exchange servers 2003. 2 domains. a.fr and b.fr. The Active Directory domain is xxx.local. Each domain is hosted on a distinct server, on the same Exchange organization. When an email arrives from outside the non delivery receipt is sent from postmaster@xxx.local. As almost every MTA now is checking if the 'from' belongs to a valid domain, this does not work. It is possible to change the NDR originator to postmaster@a.fr or postmaster@b.fr. But this is valid for the whole organisation. And I need the a.fr server to answer with postmaster@a.fr and the b.fr server answer from po...

2 different fonts in the same cell?
Hello! If I want (Times New Roman) "This is a red Wingdings 3 triangle ([change font] Wingdings 3: 123 [back to Times New Roman]").", I can do that in a cell. But if I refer to that cell (=A1) in B1, the Wingdings font doesn't come over and it winds up all TImes New Roman and looks like "This a red Wingdings 3 triangle ({)." How can I "=A1" for a cell that has two fonts in it and have the two fonts show up?? Thanks! VR/ Lost You can't have that in a FORMULA. You would have to change it to text first. -- Don Guillett Microsoft MVP Excel Sales...

how do i delete everything after a particular character, after each such character? #2
thank you, everyone, for your great suggestions. i tried paul corrado's very simple solution below: Find What: enter " - *" (without the ""s) Replace With: enter " -" (if you still want the dash otherwise leav that field blank) that worked great except that many of the lines that continued onto second line were unaffected and need to be deleted. fortunately tha data that needs to be kept has an asterisk and some spaces in front o it (i.e., "* ") so perhaps there's some way to have excel chec each cell for the existence of this text and,...

Email Addresses #2
When I type in the first few letters of an email address a drop down apears with four or five email address. They are all for the same person, but only 1 is correct. How do I get rid of the incorrect email address? I have gone to the custom dicsonary in outlook and erased the wrong one there, but not all of them are there and even the ones I erased still show up. Any help would be helpful. Thanks When you start to type the address and the wrong address appears on the list, use your arrow keys to highlight that wrong address, then press [DELETE]. -- Aloha, -Ben- Ben M. Schorr, OneN...