HTML eMail in CRM 4.0

it would be nice to have the possibility to create a HTML-code based eMail.
This would help to improve the workflow-created emails with embeded links -
or is there another way to create dynamic links in a email?

In 3.0 the emails created with workflow could be coded as HTML and so it was
possible to do this.

thanks for any help.

----------------
click "I Agree" in the message pane.

http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?mid=e4f1c463-daf2-4ac5-966f-890275bfaa99&dg=microsoft.public.crm
0
Gregor (48)
2/21/2008 5:55:01 PM
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

How many and what kinds of reports can MS CRM generate by default?
Hi, can anyone provide such a list? I am new to this package and evaluating its features. Thanks. Microsoft CRM V3 comes with 20 built in reports. These are using SRS or SQL reporting services. You can using visual studio.net to create any additional reports you need. The only limit is your imagination and your report writing skills. Download the CRM sdk form www.microsoft.com/downloads which has a reporting section. ======================= John O'Donnell Microsoft CRM MVP http://codegallery.gotdotnet.com/crm "phw" <phw@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message ...

disposable email address service?
Is there a disposable email address service that integrates with outlook to some degree so I don't have to log-in via a browser to generate a new address? Plus, after using a web site to generate different addresses, I found it hard to keep track which address was given to whom. Although the service I use allows me to attach a note to each email address, there is no way to quickly view the list of addresses and the notes attached to them. I have to drill down each address to see the note, and doing this over a web site is painfully slow. Google is your friend. -- Milly Staple...

Set up email accout in Outlook 2003
I'm using cox high-speed internet and want to use Outlook 2003 to view my email. How do I do this? do you have outlook configured to receive email from cox high speed or have alread done this? "Karen" <Karen@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6D86EB69-B86B-4A1A-808E-79AE12FA833F@microsoft.com... > I'm using cox high-speed internet and want to use Outlook 2003 to view my > email. How do I do this? Follow the instructions your ISP provides. This is not an Outlook question. -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "Karen" <Karen@discussi...

printing emails in outlook (2000/2002)
I am trying to find a simple way to print only the first page of an received email. I cannot seem to figure it out. whether the email is in html, plain or rich text, I cannot print only the first page. any ideas/tricks? thanks davit ...

Many to 1 Relationships in CRM 4.0 #2
Hi I just wondering if there is a suggested way to create multiple many to 1 relationships in CRM 4.0. We have created a custom entity and we need to associate more than 1 type of contact with the custom entity. We have a nominated and a registered contact. We have created two many to 1 relationships with contacts and the custom entity. The problem is that the name of the custom entity now appears twice in the navigation pane for contacts. We can select the 'Do not display option' however the custom entity will not appear in the navigation pane for the 'nominated contacts&...

Cannot compose email in html format only plain text
I have some sort of html problem as I can't insert text into any text boxes in explorer. I also can't highlight text and in outlook I can't enter text into an email in html format, however in plain text I can. I have installed the new XP sp2 update, I have used the detect and repair option in Outlook, I have tried running explorer from another pc on the network on my pc all to no avail. So I am guessing that it is a problem caused externally of explorer and outlook. And I have also ran a fully updated virus check. Any help would be much appreciated as this is driving ...

Error while installing languega pack, CRM 4.0
Hello, I installed succesfully the german language pack for crm. When I try to activate this languega pack over the Webinterface i get an error. The application log tells me this: Source: MSCRMWebService Description: MUI Provisioning failed. Error: Thread was being aborted. Any ideas? I searched in previous entrys here, but wasn't able to find a solution. Thanks! Regards Rene On the crm database run the following command: Delete from MetadataSchema.LocalizedLabel where CustomizationLevel = 2 NB: make sure you have a backup. And ofcourse this is not supported but should work. -...

Attaching an email or a scanned document to an Access Report
In my original database (now two years old), I added a paragraph of text in a memo field in a record. Now, after a group reorganization, I will be getting additional e-mailed information and/or hard copy that has to become part of that record. I am planning to scan the hard-copy to create an attachable document and/or open the email and somehow include the attachment to the Access record. Does anyone have any suggestions or examples? Would hyperlinking be the way to go? Sorry, I meant to mention I'm using Access 2003 and the documents are usually 2-3 pages long. "Help Elimin...

How do you pull up another person's email box?
After my boss gave me sharing permission to his mailbox, how do I pull it up from my computer? Linda, From within your Outlook, select File, then Open, then Other User's Folders. You can take it from there I hope. Linda wrote: > After my boss gave me sharing permission to his mailbox, how do I pull it up > from my computer? you can add it to your profile in tools, accounts, select exchange acct, Change button. More Settings button then add it on the first tab. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Need Help with Common Tasks? htt...

email with an attachment
why does it takes a long time to open or sending an email with an attachments. It there any special setting in Outlook 2000. Thanks. ...

Email Routing Rules
I having some difficulties with email routing in and out of CRM and I'm beginning to wonder if its working as designed and I'm wrongly assuming functionality that does not exist. We are using CRM 4.0 and have selected the email router option, we have not installed the outlook client (yet). If I create an email from within CRM to a client the email is stored in the case and/or client. If the client responds to this email it also ends up in CRM stored under the client and/or case, primarily due to the CRM tracking token. Of course I see this email in my outlook inbox, so I reply...

Error upon installing GP 9.0 year-end update
Hello: Yesterday, since a client needed to have the year-end update for GP 9.0, I installed the update which includes service pack 3. I got the following message on all workstations but not the server: "A product on the computer is on a different version than the database version". Since the settings at the server and workstations were the same, per the dynamics.set file, I resolved the error by copying down the server's GP folder to the workstations. Issue resolved. Are there any problems with having a server's GP 9.0 folder residing on the workstations? Thanks! ...

Moving CRM to a Differnet Domain
We recently purchased a company that paid for CRM cutomization/design...problem is the server (CRM and SQL only) is on it's own domain. We want to move CRM/SQL to our domain (to use Exchange, Sales Outlook client, etc.) without losing the customization . There's no data on the CRM server.....is there a way to move CRM to a different domain and not lose the customization? And to throw one more kink into the picture the customized CRM is on 1.1 and we'll want to install it on 1.2. Is this possible?? if you have no data you are lucky.. you can open up deployment manager on t...

active directory, exchange, crm
I am trying to figure out the best way to allocate to minimal amount of hardware the following components: active directory, exchange, crm (1+ installations), virtual server, etc. if I had only 2 actual servers, which one should have active directory, exchange, sql server, crm, virtual servers, etc.Should all CRM instances go onto virtual servers? should I use redundant disk on both servers? Also what is the best approach for windows updates in production environment? could they cause problems, crashes, etc.? I recently had a bugcheck x50 when tried running the security updates that were in...

How insert HTML in Signature Line?
Using Outlook 2007. Is there a way to enter HTML code directly into the signature line or do you need to use the built in Rich Text Editor in Outlook? Al Franz <albert@nospam.netmation.com> wrote: > Using Outlook 2007. Is there a way to enter HTML code directly into > the signature line or do you need to use the built in Rich Text > Editor in Outlook? See if this helps: http://www.howto-outlook.com/howto/signatures.htm -- Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook] ...

Cannot view email
HI, I'm running outlook 2000 on windows 98se,we also have exchange server running from another server. I cannot open any email that I have received or sent. I have uninstalled and Reinstalled outlook 2000. I have stopped all services in the backround that I could. Everytime i double click to view(open) email the hourglass comes up and outlook freezes. What can I do next ,Gates ...

CRM Appointments and Outlook Meeting Requests
I am running Exchange 2003 w/ CRM 3.0 Customers often send me an Outlook meeting request for appointments, if the time slot is open I accept. If I try to track these in CRM I get a message 'the item type is not valid for promotion to Microsoft CRM'. This happens several times per day, for now I create those appointments manually, track them in CRM and then delete the request without sending back a notification (so they don't think I declined). This starts to get complicated when somebody proposes a new time, etc. Any suggestions? Is this behavior expected? Thanks, Sha...

Sending E-Mail through CRM Web
Hi, I have CRM 3.0 installed on one server, Exchange on another. During setup, I specified my SMTP server as the Exchange server. When I attempt to send an email I get an Invalid Association Error. I set the config file to show more details on the error and all I'm getting is "System.Web.Service.Protocols.SoapException: Server was unable to process request." The source error shows an unhandled exception, and the stack doesn't provide much help either. I found a KB article referencing this error that listed the cause as port 25 being blocked by antivirus software....

Access is Denied in CRM 3.0 after upgrading from 1.2
After an upgrade of Microsoft CRM 1.2 to 3.0 without any errors, I can not log into the Microsoft CRM web page. I get the following error "you do not have enough privileges to access the microsoft crm object or perform the requested operation" I have searched everywhere for a solution for this but i am now at a loss. During the install i recieved two warnings 1. verify domain user account spn for the microsoft crm asp .net application pool account 2. setup was unable to verify that the "trust for delegation" property is enabled for the computer object. If I create a new...

Alerts for IMAP emails
Is there any workaround to make IMAP emails give an alert in the same way that POP3 email does? Cheers ss. ...

A couple of newbie xsl conversion of xml to html questions (C#/.Net)
I have some xml data that I want to turn into an html report. I wrote some xsl (my first xsl) and tested it in XMLSpy. It transformed my xml to html pretty much how I wanted (I'm still trying to understand table formatting, like table width in xsl, my tables aren't as wide as I'm specifying). I want to use this transform in my c#/winforms/.net application I loaded some sample xml using XmlDocument Created an XPathNavigaor Loaded the xsl into XslTransform and used a XmlTextWriter along with XslTranform to write the html I have a handful of newbie questions a. The resulting htm...

Signature Font #4
Hi Peeps, I am having a right problem with outlook at signatures. When the signature is created the font is in Ariel when you get a over all view of it the font is in Ariel however when you create the mail it suddenly changes to Times New Roman. I have created a new signature and that is the same. Now if I change the font in the signature to anything other than Ariel the font is correct in the new email. Change it back to Ariel it then displays it in times new roman. ...

Purchase Order Enhancements #4
Hi, We're developing an integration with the POP module using Dexterity, and we have Purchase Order Enhancements (POE) installed. I was starting to look at what we'll need to do to ensure this thing works for customers who don't have POE installed, and that made me wonder if this is a common scenario. We will be building this integration with GP 10. Are there many customers on GP 10 who use POP and don't have POE installed, or can we set POE as a requirement and not lose potential customers? Thanks, Greg In version 10, I don't recall seeing PO enhancements as an ...

Importing and assigning ownership to crm user
Hi there, I am importing data into CRM database using Scribe software, source data is also on SQL tables. Importing works perfectly using scribe adaptor. But I want to assign ownership to the imported records. I am not sure where the owner ID and Owner names are stord in the CRM tables. Can anybody help? Regards, Kyaw You need to set the OwningUser filed to the unique identifiier of the system user. You can find the unique identifiier values in the Systemuserbase table under the systemuserid column. Laz "Kyaw" <no@spam.net> wrote in message news:%23zeRN6P0EHA.345...

Now I have MS CRM Installed
Okay, I have finally got MS CRM installed. No when I open my browser and point it to the VS, I the browser simply closes. What next? Has anyone experienced this? Thank you in advance! -- Bob Mixon http://attunesystems.mywsssite.com http://www.sharepointblogs.com/bmixon remove any popup blocker from ur browser. -- Regards Ashfaq Ali "msnews.microsoft.com" <bmixon@bizla.rr.com> wrote in message news:uHqkmAGqEHA.644@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl... > Okay, I have finally got MS CRM installed. No when I open my browser and > point it to the VS, I the browser simply clos...