HOWTO create a Mail Merge Template in MSCRM with multiple child records

Hi,
I have created successfully a basic Mail Merge template in MS Word in
Dynamics CRM 4.0 for Order Entity.
My challenge now is how to design a template that retrieves the order
details (product and prices) related to the order record? This sounds like a
parent-child template.

Any idea?

0
bfallar3 (19)
6/2/2009 3:26:23 AM
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

On Jun 2, 1:26=A0pm, "Benjie Fallar III" <bfall...@hotmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
> I have created successfully a basic Mail Merge template in MS Word in
> Dynamics CRM 4.0 for Order Entity.
> My challenge now is how to design a template that retrieves the order
> details (product and prices) related to the order record? This sounds lik=
e a
> parent-child template.
>
> Any idea?

CRM has one in the VPC which does a directory merge. I'd use this as
the basis.

Leon Tribe
Want to hear me talk about all things CRM? Check out my blog
http://leontribe.blogspot.com/
0
leon.tribe (293)
6/2/2009 9:34:39 AM
sorry, I didn't got your point! I'm looking for a way on how to create a new
mailmerge template in MS WORD that has parent-child relationship... like
Quote and Products

"LeonTribe" <leon.tribe@gmail.com> wrote in message
> On Jun 2, 1:26 pm, "Benjie Fallar III" <bfall...@hotmail.com> wrote:
>> Hi,
>> I have created successfully a basic Mail Merge template in MS Word in
>> Dynamics CRM 4.0 for Order Entity.
>> My challenge now is how to design a template that retrieves the order
>> details (product and prices) related to the order record? This sounds
>> like a
>> parent-child template.
>>
>> Any idea?
>
> CRM has one in the VPC which does a directory merge. I'd use this as
> the basis.
>
> Leon Tribe
> Want to hear me talk about all things CRM? Check out my blog
> http://leontribe.blogspot.com/

0
bfallar3 (19)
6/3/2009 4:48:56 PM
On Jun 4, 2:48=A0am, "Benjie Fallar III" <bfall...@hotmail.com> wrote:
> sorry, I didn't got your point! I'm looking for a way on how to create a =
new
> mailmerge template in MS WORD that has parent-child relationship... like
> Quote and Products
>
> "LeonTribe" <leon.tr...@gmail.com> wrote in message

> > On Jun 2, 1:26 pm, "Benjie Fallar III" <bfall...@hotmail.com> wrote:
> >> Hi,
> >> I have created successfully a basic Mail Merge template in MS Word in
> >> Dynamics CRM 4.0 for Order Entity.
> >> My challenge now is how to design a template that retrieves the order
> >> details (product and prices) related to the order record? This sounds
> >> like a
> >> parent-child template.
>
> >> Any idea?
>
> > CRM has one in the VPC which does a directory merge. I'd use this as
> > the basis.
>
> > Leon Tribe
> > Want to hear me talk about all things CRM? Check out my blog
> >http://leontribe.blogspot.com/

The short answer is it is hard but not impossible, thus my suggestion
to take an existing one and work from there. What you need to do is
what Microsoft call a directory merge.

Here is an article on how to go about it.

http://dmcrm.blogspot.com/2008/01/word-mail-merge-one-page-quote-with.html

Leon Tribe
Want to hear me talk about all things CRM? Check out my blog
http://leontribe.blogspot.com/
0
leon.tribe (293)
6/4/2009 1:23:18 AM
Thanks!

> On Jun 4, 2:48 am, "Benjie Fallar III" <bfall...@hotmail.com> wrote:
>> sorry, I didn't got your point! I'm looking for a way on how to create a
>> new
>> mailmerge template in MS WORD that has parent-child relationship... like
>> Quote and Products
>>
>> "LeonTribe" <leon.tr...@gmail.com> wrote in message

>> > CRM has one in the VPC which does a directory merge. I'd use this as
>> > the basis.
>>
>> > Leon Tribe
>> > Want to hear me talk about all things CRM? Check out my blog
>> >http://leontribe.blogspot.com/
>
> The short answer is it is hard but not impossible, thus my suggestion
> to take an existing one and work from there. What you need to do is
> what Microsoft call a directory merge.
>
> Here is an article on how to go about it.
>
> http://dmcrm.blogspot.com/2008/01/word-mail-merge-one-page-quote-with.html
>
> Leon Tribe
> Want to hear me talk about all things CRM? Check out my blog
> http://leontribe.blogspot.com/

0
bfallar3 (19)
6/4/2009 7:39:15 AM
Hello,

If you need the possibility to generate easily documents with parent-
child,1:n, m:n relationships or you need to get data from more levels
deep than CRM gives you the possibility you could take a look at our
third party product "Documents Core Pack for MS CRM".

It gives you the possibility to design very complex templates and for
the end-user it is very easy to create the letter from this template.

If you are interested please take a look at www.mscrm-addons.com.

best regards,
christian
On Jun 4, 9:39=A0am, "Benjie Fallar III" <bfall...@hotmail.com> wrote:
> Thanks!
>
> "LeonTribe" <leon.tr...@gmail.com> wrote in message

> > On Jun 4, 2:48 am, "Benjie Fallar III" <bfall...@hotmail.com> wrote:
> >> sorry, I didn't got your point! I'm looking for a way on how to create=
> >> new
> >> mailmerge template in MS WORD that has parent-child relationship... li=
ke
> >> Quote and Products
>
> >> "LeonTribe" <leon.tr...@gmail.com> wrote in message

> > The short answer is it is hard but not impossible, thus my suggestion
> > to take an existing one and work from there. What you need to do is
> > what Microsoft call a directory merge.
>
> > Here is an article on how to go about it.
>
> >http://dmcrm.blogspot.com/2008/01/word-mail-merge-one-page-quote-with...
>
> > Leon Tribe
> > Want to hear me talk about all things CRM? Check out my blog
> >http://leontribe.blogspot.com/- Hide quoted text -

Benjie,

I worked many hours on this, I resorted to purchasing the document core pack
product add on, it saved me so much time and the support from these guys is
excellent.

http://www.mscrm-addons.com/Products/AddonsforMSCRM40/DocumentsCorePackforMSCRM40/tabid/130/Default.aspx

I do understand that many of the issues are being addressed in 5.0.

"Benjie Fallar III" wrote:

> Hi,
> I have created successfully a basic Mail Merge template in MS Word in
> Dynamics CRM 4.0 for Order Entity.
> My challenge now is how to design a template that retrieves the order
> details (product and prices) related to the order record? This sounds like a
> parent-child template.
>
> Any idea?

0
stephen (112)

Windows Live Mail Desktop Calendar
My Windows Live Mail Desktop Calendar does not sync with my Calendar.live.com calendar. How do I make this happen??? Are you logged in with a Windows Live ID? "dbie" <dbie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:32FD50F4-03DB-4914-8D3A-1D567634CA15@microsoft.com... > My Windows Live Mail Desktop Calendar does not sync with my > Calendar.live.com > calendar. > > How do I make this happen??? "dbie" wrote: > My Windows Live Mail Desktop Calendar does not sync with my Calendar.live.com > calendar. > >...

Create contact-list based on Active Directory attributes ?
We have Outlook 2002 sp2/sp3, Exchange 2003 sp2 and an Active Directory 2003 sp2. I wonder if it's possible to create a contact-list based on Active Directory attributes ? It could be a mailbox contact or shared maps contact Or if above are not possible, can you import an Excelsheet with phonenumbers into a contact list ? Sincerely \\Jonas B you can connect to it using LDAP. If you need specifics on how to do this, you'll need to ask in the exchange server or active directory newsgroups. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Ho...

Creating a Schedule
Hi, I would like to creat a schedule in the following format. One worksheet shows all the jobs that need to be done in a week, with days of the week allocated to each job. A second worksheet in the workbook will show each day of the week, and I would like this to automatically populate with those jobs which have that particular day of the week assigned to them. The question is, how do I do this? I wondered about using a lookup facility, but I dont think this would work. I would like each job for a day to appear on a separate line. Many thanks for any help. Will ...

Compose outlook 2003 mail from different accounts
Outlook lets you configure multiple email accounts to draw email into outlook.,ie account1 and account2 I also lets you respond through the mail servers that sent the mail ie account1 mail goes back through account1, account2 through account2 Outlook seems to be only able to compose email from the default account and use the email credentials from that account, ie account1 signature, servers and mail address. I want to be able to send email out of the same outlook as either account1 or other as well as from account2 Any ideas? Alan Richmond wrote: > Any ideas? You mean b...

Removing mail after AVG has moved it to Virus Vault
I recently got a couple of email that AVG considered a threat and moved to its virus vault. The emails are still in my inbox and cannot be deleted. Can anybobody give me some advice on how to remove them. Cheers for any help given. What happened was that the actual messages got moved, but they didn't = get removed from the WinMail database, so WinMail thinks they are still = there. Try repairing the database with my Windows Mail Utility: = www.oehelp.com/WMUtil/ and see if that fixes things. You might also = take a look at point 3 here: www.oehelp.com/OETips.aspx#3 steve...

zz error 2147352567 when trying to delete a record
I am receiving error 2147352567 when trying to delete a record from form 1Cruise. The error is happening in a function that calculates and sends a total weight to a text box. The delete never completes. The code in the function is as follows and it errors when checking the setid in the first if statement when attempting the delete but works fine otherwise. Public Function GetTotalWeight() As Double On Error GoTo ErrHandler Dim db As DAO.Database Dim rs As DAO.Recordset Dim strSQL As String Dim intCriteria As Long 'If Not IsNull([Forms]![Form1]...

Send Email Template to Email1 (emailaddress1) + Email2 (emailaddre
Hello, In the Contact record there are two email addresses (that are default in the crm system) email1 - his schema fields name is "emailaddress1" email2 - his schema fields name is "emailaddress2" when we send an email to contacts by using Email Template the email sent to email1 (emailaddress1). is there an option to decide which email adresses the email template will use? OR is there an option to use both addreses (the email template will send to both emails addreses - email1 + email2) best regards, Amir Levi ...

huge file bloat when using TEMPLATES??!?!
I work on a product where I ship both debug and release DLLs. I have noticed that my debug DLL has packed on about 300k after writing code that uses MFC and ATL templates. Is there any compiler option I can use to reduce some weight while still having all the necessary debug info? I am already using the PDB file option. Thanks. Doubt it, MFC debug info really packs on the pounds - My main app ships at 200kb release and its 700 in debug. If you jump into the MFC sets, you will see there is quite a lot behind those templates. - MR "Nobody" <nobody@cox.net> wrote in ...

How do I create fee structured sliding scale?
I need a sliding scale with formulas created to be both functional and aesthetic. The parameters are: For incomes $50,000 and below in $10,000 increments From 1 - 3 dependents To be structured around two services fees: $4,500 and $5,500 Submitted via EggHeadCafe - Software Developer Portal of Choice Create Function in SQL Server http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorials/aspnet/f1dcd79b-b593-4b53-9251-d0c5c1eafe94/create-function-in-sql-se.aspx You didn't specify the relationships. But it looks stepped, not sliding with 15 values, with the bottom 4,500 and the top at ...

collect data from mail merge
If I create a mail merge in Word with some blank space for data entry, can I collect the feedbacks from returned word file, and consolidate them in excel ? Can you give a little more information about what you are trying to do. Excel is a pretty powerful tool; almost certainly you can do what you want. Ryan--- -- Ryan--- If this information was helpful, please indicate this by clicking ''Yes''. "data collection" wrote: > If I create a mail merge in Word with some blank space for data entry, can I > collect the feedbacks from returned wo...

Using Query to send auto reminder e-mails?
We have customers that we need to remind on a six month basis that it's time to change their air filter. I was told that if we either imported an Excel spreadsheet with the contact info (i.e., name, e-mail address, reminder date, etc.) that a query could be performed in Access to find all those files and return them in a report. I then want to send everyone within that query an e-mail with a pre-designed template stating that it's time to replace their filter. I'm pretty new to Access so any help or directions would be great. ...

Create Named Range for each unique value
Hi! All help is welcome here... Am really stuck. What I have is a list of room numbers. Many appear multiple times i column A, but it will always be sorted. What I need is a way to easily create Named Ranges for each group of rooms. (ie all rows with value 1 becomes one named range, rows with value 5 becomes one named range and so on) Range Name should prefereable be same a room name. Would like the code to go through column A and create ranges for each unique value. (could also have a "supporting" sheet with uniqe values if necessary) Any takers? If the valu...

IE8 Problem with Publisher 2007 created website
It has come to my attention that whilst the side menu items on a website I have created with Publisher 2007 - www.bairnsdalekartclub.com - displays correctly in IE7, they do not appear when someone loads that website using the new IE8! What is the problem there? I have a friend who has downloaded IE8 and has confirmed that the left menu items are not visible at all. I myself only have IE7. The website I have created is going to be useless for people with IE8 as they will not be able to navigate around the site. Is there any way to rectify this? Awaiting your most immediate reply, ...

Creating a formula to a cell containing a date #2
Thanks, Works perfectly. This forum rocks!! -- hb247 ----------------------------------------------------------------------- hb2474's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=418 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=26433 ...

Outgoing mail has extra line breaks
When I send a plain text message, Outlook insists on inserting line breaks at around the 65th character position, rather than sending each paragraph as a continuous string. This is annoying because many newgroups show these as "=20", making the messages harder to read. I've looked all over the Options area to try to find out how to stop this, to no avail. Any ideas? Thanks, Brian Brian <bbegan@comcast.net> wrote: > When I send a plain text message, Outlook insists on > inserting line breaks at around the 65th character > position, rather than sending ea...

Importing Address book with E mail addresses
I own 2 desk top computers and am trying to transfer my e mail address from the Outlook program on my first computer to Outlook in the new computer. I have been unable to do this. Can anyone help me accomplish this. I have tried transferring with peerless disks through import and export commands, but I'm missing something. Thanks in advance for your help, Louis R. Epstein You cannot access pst files on cd, you have to copy to hd, then ensure read only flag is off ,before Opening/Importing David "erpara" <erpara@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:01f301c35539$32e41...

How to mail merge a mailing list from excel to outlook
Please!!! I need somebody's help! it's been 3 weeks now that I have been searching everywhere I dont know how to IMPORT a list from EXCEL to Outlook!I have well over 7000 contacts and for my job I need to send them all 3 emails a week. IT would just make my life sooo much easier! somebody help me please :) for x-mas lol Thank you in advance for your Time Cheers Have you tried the File | Import and Export command? Make sure you = define a named range for your data first using Excel's Insert | Name | = Define command.=20 --=20 Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Configuring Mic...

How to remove Symantec Mail Security for Exchange 5.0 in a cluster environment
We have email filtering for viruses and spam with IronMail and have had many problems with running Symantec Mail Security for Exchange 5.0 on our Exchange 2003 cluster environment and would like to uninstall to test if we keep problems. I have doen a fair amount of searching and cannot find any instructions of how to install Symantec Mail Security for Exchange 5.0 in an Exchange 2003 environment (or any environment for that matter)? I just want to make sure that we followall proper step so that the uninstall is painless. Let me know if you have any official instructions of how to do this pr...

Multiple Servers, One IS
I have a client who would like to add another Exchange Server for emergencies. Their entire business runs via email and they'd like to have another server on site, but only ONE Information Store. I guess "replication" is the area I'm looking for. Can anyone reccomend any documentation or sites for such a task? Is this feasible? only way to do this is to use some sort of clustering option, or some 3rd party solution like Marathon Technologies'... "Somedude" <cbell5724@[nospam]wideopenwest.com> wrote in message news:aISdnW39XfMdEyXfRVn-vQ@wideopenwes...

how do i create a web excel file for all users to view and edit
I would like to create a web excel spreadsheet that all users can edit and the spreedsheet will keep their changes when you hit refresh. ...

where is MSCRM 3.0?
I am a certified partner with access to the partner site and the MSDN universal subscription site but do not see the release that was suppose to be available Saturday? Am I missing something? Thanks. Don Not as far as I can tell. Looks like the beta release has slipped. No word from MS. -- Matt Wittemann http://icu-mscrm.blogspot.com "dbj" wrote: > I am a certified partner with access to the partner site and the MSDN > universal subscription site but do not see the release that was suppose to > be available Saturday? Am I missing something? Thanks. > >...

Merging Documents
This is a little confusing, so I'll try and make it simple. I've got workbook 'A' with worksheets 1 & 2. I've also got workbook 'B' with worksheets 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 & 6. They are two separate documents. I know I can move all of workbook 'B' over to workbook 'A', but what I want to know is once I do that, is there a way to combine worksheet A2 with B6 without messing up any of the formulas? Those two worksheets pretty much have all of the data from the other worksheets and automatically update when the other worksheets are changed. I...

mail folder transfer
How to transfer OE mail folders from an older XP computer, to OUTLOOK on a new Vista computer ? I would like to use Outlook for my mail on the new machine, but have mucho mail folders in Outlook Express on my old machine. You would need to make the OE identity available in Windows Mail, before you could then export to Outlook "thomasda" <thomasda@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B71E6DC5-5EAD-4B2A-8796-B182F41AAC58@microsoft.com... > How to transfer OE mail folders from an older XP computer, to OUTLOOK on a > new Vista computer ? > I w...

How to extract/filter unique records from 2 lists?
I have 2 lists, say List A with 300 entries and List B with 320 entries. List A's entries are all in List B and I want to know what are the 20 different entries in List B. Short of manually eyeballing both lists, how do I extract or filter out those 20 unique records? ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/ ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ Enter this formula in C1 to see if the value in B1 is there in the list A1:A300 =IF(ISERROR(MATCH(B1,$A$1:$A$300,0)),"Not There","There&...

Multiple configurations
I'll be setting up to be able to install multiple versions later, but right now I'd like to know if it's possible to setup different settings in different configurations. Such as, configuration=test, connectionstring=test_db, then in configuration=production, connectionstring=prod_db. Am I making sense and is this possible without a bunch of startup code? Where I work we just use different config files and rename them based on deployment. For example we have web.config.dev, web.config.qa and web.config.prod. When we move the code over to the specific serve...