how2 create identity column on contact form

how to use identity contact_id column on sql contactbase table,
because i want to,  auto increment id field with contactid

0
tashtan
11/4/2003 1:34:48 PM
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

The ContactId field is defined as a uniqueidetifier (ie. GUID).  When you
create records via the SDK calls, this value will be assigned for you
automatically.  I would not recommend going directly against the tables to
create records.

"tashtan" <mehmettastan@gmx.net> wrote in message
how to use identity contact_id column on sql contactbase table,
because i want to,  auto increment id field with contactid

0
Matt
11/4/2003 6:08:55 PM
ok but  i have already customer database
( customerid - name - adress - .....
1 - Matt - usa
2_ John - canada
3_ ..... )
 i need to this old customer database data export to new crm database but i
want keep to customer id on new crm database
but i dont create a customerid type field on crm contact table?

how to customerid to transfer crm
and i want insert a new contact record then customerid auto increment to
continue?

(customerid field type on my access database (contack.mdb) is a
primary key, numeric, identity[1-1 increment ]
)

"Matt Parks" <Matt.Parks@removetoX_XRevereGroup.Com>, iletide �unu yazd�
> The ContactId field is defined as a uniqueidetifier (ie. GUID).  When you
> create records via the SDK calls, this value will be assigned for you
> automatically.  I would not recommend going directly against the tables to
> create records.
>
> "tashtan" <mehmettastan@gmx.net> wrote in message
> how to use identity contact_id column on sql contactbase table,
> because i want to,  auto increment id field with contactid

0
tashtan
11/5/2003 7:55:28 AM
If I understand what you're trying to do, you are going to have to find a
way to do this with a user defined field on the Contact table.  You can't
change how CRM handles it's primary key values.  You could setup some
integration logic that will assign the ID field from your Access system when
a new record is migrated to that system.

ok but  i have already customer database
( customerid - name - adress - .....
1 - Matt - usa
2_ John - canada
3_ ..... )
 i need to this old customer database data export to new crm database but i
want keep to customer id on new crm database
but i dont create a customerid type field on crm contact table?

how to customerid to transfer crm
and i want insert a new contact record then customerid auto increment to
continue?

(customerid field type on my access database (contack.mdb) is a
primary key, numeric, identity[1-1 increment ]
)

"Matt Parks" <Matt.Parks@removetoX_XRevereGroup.Com>, iletide �unu yazd�
> The ContactId field is defined as a uniqueidetifier (ie. GUID).  When you
> create records via the SDK calls, this value will be assigned for you
> automatically.  I would not recommend going directly against the tables to
> create records.
>
> "tashtan" <mehmettastan@gmx.net> wrote in message
> how to use identity contact_id column on sql contactbase table,
> because i want to,  auto increment id field with contactid

0
Matt

Problems with creating a newsletter

update column

Merging Duplicate Contacts

Word2007. Checkbox. No Form

Global Column Row Preview Font Size

Contacts Search

Creating a Macro to Delete Commas #2

creating a backup on 2002 for Money 98

Picture control on a form
What is the best way to fill a form with a picture control so that when the client window is resized the picture control will fill the form? -- Just Al Take a look at this and see if this is what you want: http://www.codeproject.com/dialog/bmpdlg01.asp Tom "Al" <Al@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5BEA0FA2-3F95-4090-B908-A75DBF1D19DE@microsoft.com... > What is the best way to fill a form with a picture control so that when > the > client window is resized the picture control will fill the form? > -- > Just Al Thank You! -- Just Al &...

Printing contacts finally partially repaired
Two printing problems with Outlook 2007, the first solved, the second still not solved. First: So, finally, I don't know when, Outlook was repaired such that one could print out individual contacts as detailed address cards. This was broken for quite some time. Anyway, now those of us who choose to print out copies of address books are once again rewarded with this possibility. BUT..there is always a but, Outlook does not yet completely properly format the printing for all of the book and booklet possibilities which the software presents, especially for doing double...