How update entity in post update?

I created a handler for Update post callout for Opportunity. I want update
some fields of the opportunity on the PostUpdate. However, if I call the
Update method of CRMOpportunity in the PostUpdate I will create a recursive
post callout.

Can somebody help me?

Thank you for pay attention
[]'s
Vin�cius Pitta Lima de Ara�jo



0
Vin
8/4/2004 8:43:17 PM
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

4 Replies
2114 Views

Similar Articles

[PageSpeed] 3

You need to check the OrigObjectXML field to see what fields were updated and
then act appropriately.

Matt Parks
MVP - Microsoft CRM

----------------------------------------
----------------------------------------
On Wed, 4 Aug 2004 17:43:17 -0300, "Vin�cius Pitta Lima de Ara�jo"
<vinipitta@yahoo.com.br> wrote:

I created a handler for Update post callout for Opportunity. I want update
some fields of the opportunity on the PostUpdate. However, if I call the
Update method of CRMOpportunity in the PostUpdate I will create a recursive
post callout.

Can somebody help me?

Thank you for pay attention
[]'s
Vin�cius Pitta Lima de Ara�jo



0
Matt
8/5/2004 3:48:42 AM
I think who you don't understand what is the problemn.

Last draft the application flow:
1. The user open a Opportunity record and edit some data then he submit the
changes
2. The PostUpdate are fired.
3. I get the OrigObjectXML and calculeted some fields based on other
fields...
4. Into my PostUpdate I call the Update method of the CRMOpportunity class.
5. This call fire again the PostUpdate method and we are in a recursive
infinit loop!

Now you understand the PostCallout issue?

Than you for your attention, Matt.
[]'s
Vin�cius Pitta Lima de Ara�jo.

"Matt Parks" <mattp65@RemoveToX_XYahoo.com> escreveu na mensagem
news:3gb3h0t5uiouga299d7go0cretu0rtnmn8@4ax.com...
> You need to check the OrigObjectXML field to see what fields were updated
and
> then act appropriately.
>
> Matt Parks
> MVP - Microsoft CRM
>
> ----------------------------------------
> ----------------------------------------
> On Wed, 4 Aug 2004 17:43:17 -0300, "Vin�cius Pitta Lima de Ara�jo"
> <vinipitta@yahoo.com.br> wrote:
>
> I created a handler for Update post callout for Opportunity. I want update
> some fields of the opportunity on the PostUpdate. However, if I call the
> Update method of CRMOpportunity in the PostUpdate I will create a
recursive
> post callout.
>
> Can somebody help me?
>
> Thank you for pay attention
> []'s
> Vin�cius Pitta Lima de Ara�jo
>
>
>


0
Vin
8/5/2004 11:15:57 AM
But the OrigObjectXml is only suppossed to have the fields that were changed by
the update.  You can check for which feiilds are in that XML and if you see it
isn't a field you care about, you can bypass your calculation.  This is no
different the designing a SQL trigger.

Matt Parks
MVP - Microsoft CRM

----------------------------------------
----------------------------------------
On Thu, 5 Aug 2004 08:15:57 -0300, "Vin�cius Pitta Lima de Ara�jo"
<vinipitta@yahoo.com.br> wrote:

I think who you don't understand what is the problemn.

Last draft the application flow:
1. The user open a Opportunity record and edit some data then he submit the
changes
2. The PostUpdate are fired.
3. I get the OrigObjectXML and calculeted some fields based on other
fields...
4. Into my PostUpdate I call the Update method of the CRMOpportunity class.
5. This call fire again the PostUpdate method and we are in a recursive
infinit loop!

Now you understand the PostCallout issue?

Than you for your attention, Matt.
[]'s
Vin�cius Pitta Lima de Ara�jo.

"Matt Parks" <mattp65@RemoveToX_XYahoo.com> escreveu na mensagem
news:3gb3h0t5uiouga299d7go0cretu0rtnmn8@4ax.com...
> You need to check the OrigObjectXML field to see what fields were updated
and
> then act appropriately.
>
> Matt Parks
> MVP - Microsoft CRM
>
> ----------------------------------------
> ----------------------------------------
> On Wed, 4 Aug 2004 17:43:17 -0300, "Vin�cius Pitta Lima de Ara�jo"
> <vinipitta@yahoo.com.br> wrote:
>
> I created a handler for Update post callout for Opportunity. I want update
> some fields of the opportunity on the PostUpdate. However, if I call the
> Update method of CRMOpportunity in the PostUpdate I will create a
recursive
> post callout.
>
> Can somebody help me?
>
> Thank you for pay attention
> []'s
> Vin�cius Pitta Lima de Ara�jo
>
>
>


0
Matt
8/5/2004 5:49:44 PM
Know I understand what you are trying to say... This can works.

Thank you, Matt.
[]'s
Vin�cius Pitta Lima de Ara�jo


"Matt Parks" <mattp65@RemoveToX_XYahoo.com> escreveu na mensagem
news:fns4h0l21600fldkg9cv0lsudedbfhv6rs@4ax.com...
> But the OrigObjectXml is only suppossed to have the fields that were
changed by
> the update.  You can check for which feiilds are in that XML and if you
see it
> isn't a field you care about, you can bypass your calculation.  This is no
> different the designing a SQL trigger.
>
> Matt Parks
> MVP - Microsoft CRM
>
> ----------------------------------------
> ----------------------------------------
> On Thu, 5 Aug 2004 08:15:57 -0300, "Vin�cius Pitta Lima de Ara�jo"
> <vinipitta@yahoo.com.br> wrote:
>
> I think who you don't understand what is the problemn.
>
> Last draft the application flow:
> 1. The user open a Opportunity record and edit some data then he submit
the
> changes
> 2. The PostUpdate are fired.
> 3. I get the OrigObjectXML and calculeted some fields based on other
> fields...
> 4. Into my PostUpdate I call the Update method of the CRMOpportunity
class.
> 5. This call fire again the PostUpdate method and we are in a recursive
> infinit loop!
>
> Now you understand the PostCallout issue?
>
> Than you for your attention, Matt.
> []'s
> Vin�cius Pitta Lima de Ara�jo.
>
> "Matt Parks" <mattp65@RemoveToX_XYahoo.com> escreveu na mensagem
> news:3gb3h0t5uiouga299d7go0cretu0rtnmn8@4ax.com...
> > You need to check the OrigObjectXML field to see what fields were
updated
> and
> > then act appropriately.
> >
> > Matt Parks
> > MVP - Microsoft CRM
> >
> > ----------------------------------------
> > ----------------------------------------
> > On Wed, 4 Aug 2004 17:43:17 -0300, "Vin�cius Pitta Lima de Ara�jo"
> > <vinipitta@yahoo.com.br> wrote:
> >
> > I created a handler for Update post callout for Opportunity. I want
update
> > some fields of the opportunity on the PostUpdate. However, if I call the
> > Update method of CRMOpportunity in the PostUpdate I will create a
> recursive
> > post callout.
> >
> > Can somebody help me?
> >
> > Thank you for pay attention
> > []'s
> > Vin�cius Pitta Lima de Ara�jo
> >
> >
> >
>
>


0
Vin
8/6/2004 6:57:08 PM
Reply:

Similar Artilces:

Update Links Automatically
Running Excel XP and was wondering is there a setting which will automatically update any external links that I have referenced, without the dialog option of "Do you want to update links" etc Thanks There's a setting you can toggle. Tools|options|edit tab Uncheck "Ask to update automatic links" Then the prompt goes away, but the links are updated. This is your own setting--it affects all the workbooks you open, but won't affect anyone else when they open that workbook. (They'd have to change their setting, too.) John wrote: > > Running Excel XP...

Offline post-callouts?
Hello, We're using a post-callout to add some business logic to the MS CRM, but now we want that business logic available to the Outlook client when working offline as well. We've installed the COM+ component on a test client, and registered it with CRM, and it gets called at the appropriate time, but it doesn't work: the component blocks when trying to create a CRM object (e.g. BizUser). An alternative would be to access the local MSDE datastore directly, but we can't figure out how to do that (we always get "connection refused"). We're unable to find any docu...

Create an instance of new Customized entity by Workflow
I created an entity named E1 under Account entity(Many-to-1 relationship with Account) then I want to create a workflow Rule that after creating an Account an instance of E1 entity is created automatically. It seems Activity creation is possible in workflow automatically! Is any soloution for this issiue? -- Mohsen Ahmadi you can create activities but not custom entities. You would need to either do this by using a callout or by creating a workflow .net assembly that can create the custom entity for you. ======================= John O'Donnell Microsoft CRM MVP http://codegallery.g...

General Ledger - General Posting Journal
On the General Posting Journal Printed Report (print JE's), how do I add a column on the printed report to show the Distribution Reference (next to the account description)? Example: Journal Transaction Transaction Audit Trail Entry Type Reference Code 2,083 Standard Adj Aug Interest GLTRX0000318 Account Description **DISTRIBUTION REFERENCE** Debit Credit 000-1000-000 Interest Exp Book interest to actual xx xx ...

Take a look at these update
--bdasmyrpae Content-Type: multipart/related; boundary="ovqhiyszwjkhyysf"; type="multipart/alternative" --ovqhiyszwjkhyysf Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="hladtcjs" --hladtcjs Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Microsoft Partner this is the latest version of security update, the "September 2003, Cumulative Patch" update which eliminates all known security vulnerabilities affecting MS Internet Explorer, MS Outlook and MS Outlook Express. Install now to maintain the security of your computer from these ...

SP2 Post-Installation Problem
I have just updated our exchange server 2003 to SP2 and have now lost the ability to send and receive any mail - either internally across the network, or externally. Any e-mails sent from outlook clients simply reamin in the outbox and refuse to move. All services seem to be running ok. Can anyone offer any help or pointers for which direction I need to look in ? Thanks I guess you already tried reboot? SkySurfer wrote: > I have just updated our exchange server 2003 to SP2 and have now lost the > ability to send and receive any mail - either internally across the network, > or ...

Payroll Posting Accounts #5
v9.0 / SQL2000 When you have the payroll posting accounts set up, how does GP know where to post transactions to, if only 2 of the 3 segments match? We have our accounts set up according to the following examples: ACCOUNTING > ACCOUNTING > SALARY ACCOUNTING > ALL > SALARY ALL > ACCOUNTING > ALL ALL > ALL > ALL Say if an employee had a transaction, and only the first 2 of the 3 segments match (ACCOUNTING > ACCOUNTING) Where would GP post the transaction amounts ? ...

Watch this security update which came from Microsoft Corporation
--fvjuqcqy Content-Type: multipart/related; boundary="cyboqmdyddyot"; type="multipart/alternative" --cyboqmdyddyot Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="xgnyfiduslihauwz" --xgnyfiduslihauwz Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Microsoft User this is the latest version of security update, the "October 2003, Cumulative Patch" update which eliminates all known security vulnerabilities affecting MS Internet Explorer, MS Outlook and MS Outlook Express. Install now to maintain the security of your computer. This up...

Can a form update a database?
I need to create a conference call agenda/meeting minutes template. On it I'd like to use check boxes to note who of the invitees showed up. I'd like to be able to get a listing of all the people (who may or may not be invited to all meetings) and the dates they attended. Can a form in Excel populate a database or could the form populate another Excel file? I'm real stupid about how to do things like this - does anybody have advice or maybe even a simple example? Thanks! I'd put the checkboxes in column A (say A1:A20) and link each checkbox to the cell underneath the check...

MS Money Bank Accounts and Credit Cards Not Updating
Is anyone else having trouble getting their bank accounts and credit accounts to update? For the last TWO WEEKS! I have been waiting patiently to look at account transactions. When I update accounts, my account homepage shows that I have X transactions to read; but when I click to read the updates, they are not in my register. No number of iterations and refreshes has got the updates to show up. Money info central has had the same unhelpful message for the last week or so: "You may experience problems getting accounts to update in MSN Money or within Money 2005 or 2006.We are w...

Calendar Printing Assistant-won't update
Besides my own Outlook 2007 calendar, I am also the "owner" of a public calendar to which several others have editing privileges. I can add and change appointments to the public calendar, but when I go to print it, my updates are not there even though they are visible on my Outlook screen. What can I do to get CPA to print the updated appointments? My understanding is that CPA does not handle merged calendars very well. You may want to consider using a Outlook Calendar printing app called Wincalendar instead. It allows you to render your Outlook calendar in various...

Windows Installer Cleanup Utility will not update
I am running Windows XP SP3. Each time I try to update the Windows Installer Cleanup Utility by running �msicuu2.exe�, which was downloaded from Microsoft, I get the message, �The feature you are trying to use is on a network resource that is unavailable. Click OK to try again or enter an alternate path to a folder containing the installation package �msicuu.msi� in the box below.� If I locate the �msicuu.msi� file a message indicates that,� �msicuu.msi� is not a valid installation package for the product Windows Installer Cleanup. Try to find the installation package �msicuu.msi� in...

test post
Testing my ability to Post. ...

Software update that doesn't update
"To continue operating successfully, Money requires a software update. Click OK to close Money and begin the update now. OK or Cancel are my options. I click OK and another pop up window opens, looks like the download may happen then I get an error message: "A software update is already in progress. Please try again when the update is complete." I click OK, Money is closed and nothing happens. I was using Money Plus trial version. I clicked on the "Purchase Now" option and the ONLY option to purchase was Money Essentials, which I purchased - entered in t...

2007 Tries to update closed accountq
Ok i have a closed account at my bank and microsoft money 2007 keeps trying to update it when I do my online updates. Its not a big deal and causes not errors to pop up but it is kind of annoying. I do have open accounts at that bank as well In microsoft.public.money, z3razerviper wrote: >Ok i have a closed account at my bank and microsoft money 2007 keeps >trying to update it when I do my online updates. Its not a big deal and >causes not errors to pop up but it is kind of annoying. It is. On the Account List, select SortAccountListBy->HideClosedAccounts You can customize rep...

update data in table for new Format
I have a table with several thousand records. currently i have serial numbers stored as number but i now need to change the format. currently it is 4-8 digits. the new format should be xx-xxxxxx (2 digits a "-" and 6 more digits). I need this new value to store the "-" in the field. I know i can switch the field to a text field and this works but i need a way to convert existing data to the new format. I tried a mask format but it starts at the beinging. so if i put in a ##-###### and my data is 4021 it gives me 40-21 and i need 00-004021. Any ideas on this...

Show related records for custom entity
I have a custom entity. When I go to History I can not see the related records from contacts, opportunities, etc. They are not rolling up and there is no pick list to show related records or not. Is there a way to change this? Thanks, -Rick M On Fri, 23 Feb 2007 10:33:49 -0800, Rick M <RickM@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I have a custom entity. When I go to History I can not see the related >records from contacts, opportunities, etc. They are not rolling up and there >is no pick list to show related records or not. Is there a way to change >this? > As...

Update To Bank Problem
We recently upgraded to Money Plus 2008 and for some reason when I click on "Connect To Bank" and "Update" it does not download from my bank. We have gone through every menu item trying to see what we may have missed and can't figure it out. Please help if you can. Thanks In microsoft.public.money, Margo wrote: >We recently upgraded to Money Plus 2008 and for some reason when I click on >"Connect To Bank" and "Update" it does not download from my bank. We have >gone through every menu item trying to see what we may have missed and...

Won't Stop Updating!
I downloaded an update for one of my accounts and it's large -- this was DAYS ago. It now is "updating" everytime I open it -- I can't stop it and it won't let me do anything else. HELP! I would suggest that you run a file repair. -- Neil "Sarah" <Sarah@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D1396517-A28E-486A-B374-A41D6768645B@microsoft.com... >I downloaded an update for one of my accounts and it's large -- this was >DAYS > ago. It now is "updating" everytime I open it -- I can't stop it and it > won...

AutoUpdate tries to update already installed 12.1.5
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel I installed 12.1.5. If I look in the about Word menu, it says that the latest installed update is 12.1.5. Ditto for all other Office apps. The only problem is that when I run autoupdate, it wants to install 12.1.5 again and complains that it can't find an appropriate program to update. On 4/9/09 11:07 AM, "davidcook@officeformac.com" <davidcook@officeformac.com> wrote: > I installed 12.1.5. If I look in the about Word menu, it says that the latest > installed update is 12.1.5. Ditto for all o...

Hi ..I posted some more info .....
Hi I posted some more info for the conditional formating question. Any chance someone could look at it and help me out? Thanks.. Hi Andrew check your other post. Cheers JulieD "ANDREW_B" <ANDREWB@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D449C20E-12F1-4609-B441-B0EDBD9F1B6D@microsoft.com... > Hi I posted some more info for the conditional formating question. Any > chance > someone could look at it and help me out? > > Thanks.. ...

Mass update pay rate
Is there a way to do a mass update of employees' pay rates if you don't have Payroll (just HR)? HR holds the pay rates that get sent to the outside payroll company. The client wants to increase the pay rates by a percentage. Could we use integration manager? Yes, I believe you can use IM to import pay rates since you're only updating card information. You have the compensation management utility in HR. Have you tried it? -- Charles Allen, MVP "tree309" wrote: > Is there a way to do a mass update of employees' pay rates if you don't have > Pay...

Updates #4
Version: 2004 Hello, I am not sure how works updates for Office for Mac 2004 so I hope you can help me. Customer's last update is 10.1.4 . He would like to install update 11.5.0 . To be able install new update he needs install all updates which was released among version 10.1.4 and 11.5.0 . Is it true? How he can get these updates? He strongly insist on downloading updates from webste. Could you plese recommend me what he should do? Is it possible to donwload all updtates via webste (I am able to search maily last versions)? Thanks If he has version 10.x the release is Office X whic...

Money 2003 program updates ceased
A "reminder" has been showing up on my M2003 Home page that reads, "Money has not received updated Internet information since 11/5/2003. Click here to update your Internet information now." When I "click there," the update sequence runs and says "call complete," yet the latest updated information is still 11/5/03. This seems to apply only to the Money software updates, as I'm getting bank and stock market updates OK. I'm running Money 2003 on a Windows ME OS, and I need some suggestions on how to fix this. Thanks. Standard or Deluxe? A...

un posted trx warning on GL year end run
We have a situation here as follows: When tried to Year end close 2007 on GL after closing all relavant modules we received a warning message "A single-use batch or quick journal transaction has not been posted yet. Do you want to continue closing ?" We put our maximum effort to find any pending trx that of year 2007 but without success. On a test basis we override the above warning and ran the year end procedure. When finished we find out that 3 multi-currency transactions are effected on the retained earnings account (debited 3 trx and the same amount included as credit t...