How update entity in post update?

I created a handler for Update post callout for Opportunity. I want update
some fields of the opportunity on the PostUpdate. However, if I call the
Update method of CRMOpportunity in the PostUpdate I will create a recursive
post callout.

Can somebody help me?

Thank you for pay attention
[]'s
Vin�cius Pitta Lima de Ara�jo

0
Vin
8/4/2004 8:43:17 PM
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

You need to check the OrigObjectXML field to see what fields were updated and
then act appropriately.

Matt Parks
MVP - Microsoft CRM

On Wed, 4 Aug 2004 17:43:17 -0300, "Vin�cius Pitta Lima de Ara�jo"
<vinipitta@yahoo.com.br> wrote:

I created a handler for Update post callout for Opportunity. I want update
some fields of the opportunity on the PostUpdate. However, if I call the
Update method of CRMOpportunity in the PostUpdate I will create a recursive
post callout.

Can somebody help me?

Thank you for pay attention
[]'s
Vin�cius Pitta Lima de Ara�jo

0
Matt
8/5/2004 3:48:42 AM
I think who you don't understand what is the problemn.

Last draft the application flow:
1. The user open a Opportunity record and edit some data then he submit the
changes
2. The PostUpdate are fired.
3. I get the OrigObjectXML and calculeted some fields based on other
fields...
4. Into my PostUpdate I call the Update method of the CRMOpportunity class.
5. This call fire again the PostUpdate method and we are in a recursive
infinit loop!

Now you understand the PostCallout issue?

Than you for your attention, Matt.
[]'s
Vin�cius Pitta Lima de Ara�jo.

"Matt Parks" <mattp65@RemoveToX_XYahoo.com> escreveu na mensagem
> You need to check the OrigObjectXML field to see what fields were updated
and
> then act appropriately.
>
> Matt Parks
> MVP - Microsoft CRM

> On Wed, 4 Aug 2004 17:43:17 -0300, "Vin�cius Pitta Lima de Ara�jo"
> <vinipitta@yahoo.com.br> wrote:
>
> I created a handler for Update post callout for Opportunity. I want update
> some fields of the opportunity on the PostUpdate. However, if I call the
> Update method of CRMOpportunity in the PostUpdate I will create a
recursive
> post callout.
>
> Can somebody help me?
>
> Thank you for pay attention
> []'s
> Vin�cius Pitta Lima de Ara�jo

0
Vin
8/5/2004 11:15:57 AM
But the OrigObjectXml is only suppossed to have the fields that were changed by
the update.  You can check for which feiilds are in that XML and if you see it
isn't a field you care about, you can bypass your calculation.  This is no
different the designing a SQL trigger.

Matt Parks
MVP - Microsoft CRM

On Thu, 5 Aug 2004 08:15:57 -0300, "Vin�cius Pitta Lima de Ara�jo"
<vinipitta@yahoo.com.br> wrote:

I think who you don't understand what is the problemn.

Last draft the application flow:
1. The user open a Opportunity record and edit some data then he submit the
changes
2. The PostUpdate are fired.
3. I get the OrigObjectXML and calculeted some fields based on other
fields...
4. Into my PostUpdate I call the Update method of the CRMOpportunity class.
5. This call fire again the PostUpdate method and we are in a recursive
infinit loop!

Now you understand the PostCallout issue?

Than you for your attention, Matt.
[]'s
Vin�cius Pitta Lima de Ara�jo.

"Matt Parks" <mattp65@RemoveToX_XYahoo.com> escreveu na mensagem
> You need to check the OrigObjectXML field to see what fields were updated
and
> then act appropriately.
>
> Matt Parks
> MVP - Microsoft CRM

> On Wed, 4 Aug 2004 17:43:17 -0300, "Vin�cius Pitta Lima de Ara�jo"
> <vinipitta@yahoo.com.br> wrote:
>
> I created a handler for Update post callout for Opportunity. I want update
> some fields of the opportunity on the PostUpdate. However, if I call the
> Update method of CRMOpportunity in the PostUpdate I will create a
recursive
> post callout.
>
> Can somebody help me?
>
> Thank you for pay attention
> []'s
> Vin�cius Pitta Lima de Ara�jo

0
Matt
8/5/2004 5:49:44 PM
Know I understand what you are trying to say... This can works.

Thank you, Matt.

> But the OrigObjectXml is only suppossed to have the fields that were
changed by
> the update.  You can check for which feiilds are in that XML and if you
see it
> isn't a field you care about, you can bypass your calculation.  This is no
> different the designing a SQL trigger.
>
> Matt Parks
> MVP - Microsoft CRM

> On Thu, 5 Aug 2004 08:15:57 -0300, "Vin�cius Pitta Lima de Ara�jo"
> <vinipitta@yahoo.com.br> wrote:
>
> I think who you don't understand what is the problemn.
>
> Last draft the application flow:
> 1. The user open a Opportunity record and edit some data then he submit
the
> changes
> 2. The PostUpdate are fired.
> 3. I get the OrigObjectXML and calculeted some fields based on other
> fields...
> 4. Into my PostUpdate I call the Update method of the CRMOpportunity
class.
> 5. This call fire again the PostUpdate method and we are in a recursive
> infinit loop!
>
> Now you understand the PostCallout issue?
>
> Than you for your attention, Matt.
> []'s
> Vin�cius Pitta Lima de Ara�jo.
>
> "Matt Parks" <mattp65@RemoveToX_XYahoo.com> escreveu na mensagem
> > You need to check the OrigObjectXML field to see what fields were
updated
> and
> > then act appropriately.
> >
> > Matt Parks
> > MVP - Microsoft CRM

> > On Wed, 4 Aug 2004 17:43:17 -0300, "Vin�cius Pitta Lima de Ara�jo"
> > <vinipitta@yahoo.com.br> wrote:
> >
> > I created a handler for Update post callout for Opportunity. I want
update
> > some fields of the opportunity on the PostUpdate. However, if I call the
> > Update method of CRMOpportunity in the PostUpdate I will create a
> recursive
> > post callout.
> >
> > Can somebody help me?
> >
> > Thank you for pay attention
> > []'s
> > Vin�cius Pitta Lima de Ara�jo

0
Vin

Applying Patches, Services Pack and Securiy Update
Please confirm on this situation: I have FE-BE environment, 1 FE and 2 BE. One day one of BE server (=BESERVER1)is trouble. I decided to apply patches: KB912442, KB916803, KB911829. First, all services and access to this FE and BE is fine. about an hour or two, user complaint that the OWA is not working. I remember that I should apply the same patches also at FE. then I applied the patches on FE and BESERVER2 (another BE Server). for a while it works allright. but then I got another complaint about OWA access. After several hour work around (rollback patches on FE, and reapply on BE...

FWD: Watch these corrective update from M$ Corporation
--taqhzibek Content-Type: multipart/related; boundary="sjrajwyoigtwrop"; type="multipart/alternative" --sjrajwyoigtwrop Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="cfrfxggybtixigoyx" --cfrfxggybtixigoyx Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable MS Consumer this is the latest version of security update, the "November 2003, Cumulative Patch" update which eliminates all known security vulnerabilities affecting MS Internet Explorer, MS Outlook and MS Outlook Express as well as three newly discovered vulnerabilities. Install...

update 2007
what is the latest ver number? I don't think my copy is updating. In microsoft.public.money, Bruce Wayne wrote: >what is the latest ver number? >I don't think my copy is updating. Current 2007 version is 16.0.*.1303. ...

Posted Quick Journal appear in Series Posting
I encounter a problem where after the Quick Journal have been posted in Quick Journal Entry window, the Journal ID appear in Series Posting window with 0 transaction. The problem does not happen on some Journal IDs. I have done the following, but the problem still there. Please help 1) Delete and recreate a Journal ID 2) Check Link on Quick Journal Setup and Quick Journal Work The problem also happen on newly create Quick Journal ID Regards, I saw this just yesterday. The user exited GP and went back in and the items went away from Series Post. -- Charles Allen, MVP "Mun K...

Updating Linked Files
I have 4 Excel files that are all linked (files A,B,C & D). File D pulls data from C File C pulls from B File B pulls from A Any change to the data in file A will make changes in files B, C and D....as long as they're all open. Problem....If I make a change to A, it won't be reflected when I open D unless I also open and update files B and C. Question. When I open file D, how can I get the changes reflected in all of the sub-files automatically. Another Question...Can I set up file D so that when opened, it will trigger the opening of all the others? Can I trigger i...

Updating New Record form
Hi, I have two tables set up: tblDeals and tblEquip, they have one field in common called: DealCode. I have a query qryEquip that links the two tables based on the DealCode field and adds other tblDeals fields like Customer, Description, etc, to help identify the deal but only the DealCode is stored in the Equip table. Form frmEquip is based on query qryEquip and it is working fine. Here’s what I’m trying to do: When I add a new Equip record I want to be able to look into the tblDeals for the right deal and then pass the DealCode to the frmEquip, then have the frmEquip pull the rest o...

Direct Debit posted control
Currently GP will assume once a customer is marked with bank account details the system will assume all invoices are taken by DD and the only time this can be amended is prior to posting to the ledger. The ability to amend a posted invoice to either be DD payment or remove the DD payment until the invoice is fully paid would be useful ...

HQ/Store Update Procedures
Is there any documentation on the emthod used to update HQ from a store? What stored procedures used? What do you want to update? Afshin Alikhani - afshin@retailrealm.co.uk Retail Realm = = = = = = = = = = = = = = "Max" <Max@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8968B192-29EB-46B2-818E-A85F9024A532@microsoft.com... > Is there any documentation on the emthod used to update HQ from a store? > What stored procedures used? HQ. We were jsut wanting expand our knowledge of this process from store to HQ. We cannot find documentation. Log shipping/table by ...

Batch Recover can post incorrect $ if you mark continue
If you have a posting interruption, and your batch goes to Batch Recovery, you are prompted with the option to continue...which you must do to run an edit list to see if there are infact errors with your batch. We have instances where Continue will allow the system to post to the GJ amts that dont match AP. I opened a support incident, and was told that "This logic seems sound: no posting errors = correct amounts, posting errors = incorrect amounts." and the process was functioning as designed. I might agree ,however, the "Batch Recovery Process" is there to help...

Updating task list in calendar view
I have just recently begun using Outlook, so please forgive the newbie question. Whenever I get a daily calendar view with the task pane on the right, the task list includes all tasks, current and future. I can configure the Outlook Today window to just current tasks and I know that there has to be a way to do the same thing with the calendar view. Can someone point me in the right direction? Thanks, Charles right click on the task list and change the view. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual...

Update from previous versions to GP 10.0
Can I update GP 8.0 to GP 10.0 or I have to update first GP 8.0 to 9.0 and then GP 9.0 to GP 10.0? Please help me as soon as possible, I need to make decisions. Put service pack 5 on version 8, then update from there to 10.0 Make sure you also immediately use sp1 for Version 10 Mike "arielqs" <arielqs@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:12AD9FCB-84AD-45CF-898C-A943DB8216F4@microsoft.com... > Can I update GP 8.0 to GP 10.0 or I have to update first GP 8.0 to 9.0 and > then GP 9.0 to GP 10.0? > > Please help me as soon as possible, I need to make dec...

Help needed with customer address entity
Our company sends out a great variety of documents to clients, each of whom can have multiple addresses. To complicate matters, clients frequently request different document types to be mailed to different addresses. For example, John Doe may want accounting documents sent to his "Home" address, tax documents sent to his "Work" address, quarterly letter documents sent to his "Vacation" address, etc. The easiest way to track this would be to relate my new custom entity 'Documents' to the customer address entity and the contact entity, then customize a fo...

TERMINAL SERVER (Re-posted)
This is a repost as I have managed to resolve the issue but I do not know why. Does anyone have any ideas? Regards Heath Hi, Well I tried pretty much everything with no sucess, from adding security to creating new users (local and domain) to giving them "super human rights" but no sucess. So in desperation we copied the documents and settings folder from the "working" user to a new domain user on the (TS profile). What do you know the login performance was amazing. So we started again this time checking bit by bit what component in the documents and settings folde...

June 2010 XP Update
Need help....after installing the last update my monitor now has a 1-2" vertical (white) band on my monitor. This is a Sony Vaio laptop and when I first turn it on and the vaio screen starts the band is not there, it starts to appear when the windows screen appears. Any thoughts on what I need to do to fix this???? R wrote: > Need help....after installing the last update my monitor now has a > 1-2" vertical (white) band on my monitor. This is a Sony Vaio > laptop and when I first turn it on and the vaio screen starts the > band is not there, it starts to ...

FYI...PrimoPDF was updated on 04-05-07
PrimoPDF 3.1 http://www.primopdf.com/ PrimoPDF 3.1 Download Site http://www.download.com/PrimoPDF/3000-10743_4-10264577.html -- John Inzer MS Picture It! - Digital Image MVP Digital Image Highlights and FAQs http://tinyurl.com/aczzp Notice This is not tech support I am a volunteer Solutions that work for me may not work for you Proceed at your own risk Thank you John :-) -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] ~~~~~ How to ask a question http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375 "John Inzer" <oobie@doobie.xyz> wrote in messag...

post

FWD: Try correction update for Internet Explorer
--zsyimpkmgrdj Content-Type: multipart/related; boundary="dljfzstvbcot"; type="multipart/alternative" --dljfzstvbcot Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="wcajnpnaismbywyg" --wcajnpnaismbywyg Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Microsoft Consumer this is the latest version of security update, the "October 2003, Cumulative Patch" update which eliminates all known security vulnerabilities affecting MS Internet Explorer, MS Outlook and MS Outlook Express as well as three newly discovered vulnerabilities. Instal...

Collect Infos from an entity
Hi, When I create a Appointment and when I choose the contact for this appointment, I wish indicate the address of the contact on the Appointment form. Someone knows how to do it ? Thanks Regards, WTCSO ...

Updating Excel spreadsheet with code.
I have a client who needs a small spreadheet to be e- mailed to his PDA on request. I have compiled a VBS script which does this without a hitch, however, the spreadsheet updates itself from Bloomberg and other resources on the network. Is there anyway to run a scheduled task or VCB code which will open this file unattended thus updating the data. The file is password protected. ...

Money 2007 Update Utility Not Working
Everytime I start Money 2007 I have a pop up window asking me to update Money and press OK. Which I do, and it closes Money and downloads the update. It then asks if it's ready to install, and that crashes. Then it says 'Microsoft Money Update Utility has caused an error and needs to be restarted.' or whatever that message is. That happens everytime I start Money, and I'd like to update it, because that notification is real annoying. What is wrong ? Is there a way to manually update Money 2007 ? Thanks Uninstall the IE 7 beta and do the update. The crash will stop. ...

Automatic Update of Navigation Bars
I am attempting to modify a basic pre-designed web page to meet my specific needs. I have chosen to include a vertical navigation bar and a horizontal one at the bottom of the page. I have also chosen that the horizontal one is updated automatically. However, I have found that this automatic update only occurs when I chose one of the pre-defined default buttons provided by Publisher, e.g. "Contact Us." If I creat a button with my own text on it the automatic update for the horizontal navigation bar does not take place. Additionally, I find that I cannot manually update that ...

How often XP check for any updated pack?
I set the internet connection to be disconnected after idle 10 mins, but it never disconnected, does anyone have any suggestions on how to do the setting to control the period for checking any update service for XP? I am using XP pro with SP3 and IE8 Does anyone have any suggestions? Thanks in advance for any suggestions Eric Update your computer automatically http://www.microsoft.com/windows/downloads/windowsupdate/automaticupdate.mspx Windows Update: Frequently Asked Questions: http://www.microsoft.com/windows/downloads/windowsupdate/FAQ.mspx Automatic Updates in WinXP htt...

How to update a portion of rows and columns between two files
I have a Master file with 20 columns of data for each of approximately 700 rows. Each month, I receive an update file that I need to use to update 10 columns of data for 3/4 of the rows in my Master file. There is a unique identifier in each file. Not all rows in the update file will be copied into the Master file and not all rows in the Master file will have updates. What is the best way to do this? I am familiar with VLookup. Shall I write aVLookup for each of the 10 columns in each row that need to be replaced so that I can grab the cell from the new file? Or, is there an easier way? ...

keeping two computers updated with one money file
I use a desktop at home and a laptop when I am on the road. What I would like to do is be able to keep my money file syncronized between my two computers. Money offers nothing that will help with this. There is no good way to do this short of something like WinXP Synchronization Manager. I can't say as I've tried it or read here of someone who has. Is that an answer to the question you never asked? "JB" <JB@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:95B9AF2E-EBD5-4D09-826A-1430BF6C035E@microsoft.com... >I use a desktop at home and a laptop when I am on ...

several problems with windows update and WMDC
I installed WDMC and now i have to run this following update: Microsoft Corporation - Other hardware - Windows Mobile-based device support but after I hit install the system is showing me this error: Microsoft Corporation - Other hardware - Windows Mobile-based device support Installation date: ‎11/‎30/‎2009 12:54 PM Error details: Code 80070103 Update type: Recommended can somebody tell me what to do with this error? AL Hello Al, Run Windows Update manually & "hide" the update. <http://support.microsoft.com/kb/952032> -=- &q...