How to stop tracking a Contact in CRM 4.0

How do I stop tracking an Outlook Contact that has been set to "Track in CRM"
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

Hi Ken,

The "Track in CRM" for contacts turns to "View in CRM" when a matching
contact record is created in the CRM database. If you no longer want that
contact in CRM then you can delete it, then it will say "Track in CRM" again.

"Ken Florian" wrote:

> How do I stop tracking an Outlook Contact that has been set to "Track in CRM"
0
bayareacrm (90)

Finding the Display name in CRM 4.0 Database
In CRM 3.0 the attribute Display and Label names were not stored in the CRM db, does anyone know if this has changed in 4.0? If not, does anyone know of a tool or bit of code out there that can retrieve this data? Any help would be excellent. --MD To clarify, the issue I'm having with 4.0 is that the data field call "FieldXml" in the FilteredOrganizationUI view does not contain any data. Has anyone else encountered this?? This was the place whereby you could parse the XML and find things like Tab Names, Display Names, etc. It's no longer at our disposal. What gives?? --MD ...

Missing emails #4
Hi, I am trying to download my emails from several servers. It looks like coming. Message ,saying "Send/Receive 5/135" and so on, appears left bottom corner. But there is no any message in my inbox. When I try again, there is no new email for download. They're aslo deleted from server. Where is my emails? What can I do? Is there a problem with outlook 2003? Thanks. ...

Un-installed MS-CRM by mistake.
Hi, I un-installed MS-CRM 3.0 by mistake. CRM 3.0 & MS-SQL server were on the same server. I have taken backups of all CRM databases from SQL server. I need to re-install on CRM 3.0 on the same server and SQL server is located on another server. Both CRM 3.0 server and SQL server are located on the same domain. Please help me.. I am a newbie. Thanks, -Sekhar You should be able to simply reinstall CRM and point the installation to the currently existing databases. Uninstalling CRM doesn't delete any of the data, it simply uninstalls the website application. -Xavier www.MSCR...

2/4 rounded corners?
I wan to create boxes (both text and image) that have the top right and bottom left corners rounded; retaining sharp corners on the top left and bottom right. Can this be done in Publisher? Autoshapes, create a rounded box, copy/paste special as a .wmf. Select the image, Arrange, ungroup, yes, ungroup again, edit points, hold down control, delete the corner points, adjust your lines. You cannot do this with a text box, but you can use your new creation as a border for a text box. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com &q...

Stop pulling from Inbox to Personal Folder
I did it once before, but forgot how to stop Outlook 2002 from automatically pulling mails in the Inbox to the Personal Folder. Thanks in advacne. ...

Home Equity Accounts
I'm trying to setup a Home Equity Line of Credit Account in Money to track my payments, and equity value left on the equity payments. I've scoured the help files, microsoft support, and other technical communities/blogs/newsletters, and can't seem to find if Money can support this feature (or how I'm doing in incorrectly). There are two parts to my question: 1) I setup an "Other" account, set the account specifics (limit, interest rate, etc.). When a payment shows up in my checking account, I associate the payment (thru the categories section) as a Transfer t...

copying cells #4
I am trying to copy data down. I need to fill each of the empty cells with the data that appears above it before the occurance of the next data item. For example: 9B0B4C504A70A90B14DFDAB0ADBE477D - 464EED0D421A8763AE9E539B278257FC - - 5B0AB65A11D4BA460000459400000000 - - B2D45E0211D550F10100D58698469B02 - Becomes: 9B0B4C504A70A90B14DFDAB0ADBE477D 9B0B4C504A70A90B14DFDAB0ADBE477D 464EED0D421A8763AE9E539B278257FC 464EED0D421A8763AE9E539B278257FC 464EED0D421A8763AE9E539B278257FC 5B0AB65A11D4BA460000459400000000 5B0AB65A11D4BA460000459400000000 5B0AB65A11D4BA460000459400000000 B2D45E0211D550F...

MS Dynamics Connector GP-CRM Spanish Version
I would like to suggest the creation of the MS Dynamics Connector for GP-CRM in a Spanish Version. The connector installer that exists only works for both english product version (GP and CRM). We are Microsoft Certified Gold Partner and we understand that we can create more opportunities for Latin America if this feature is available. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link...

stop cursor from going through hidden/grouped rows in excel 2002.
Anyone know of a way to stop the cursor from scrolling through hidden or grouped rows in excel 2002? Only happens when moving down through a worksheet (on the way up the cursor skips over hidden or grouped rows). Thanks. ...

Citrix and CRM Urgent
Hello to all, I need tips for Citrix and CRM it is urgent. Our client has Citrix server in UK in HQ. All servers are in the UK like SQL server , Exchange 2003 server etc.., Every user must use Mail, Office, economy system and all other system via Citrix and Terminal teknology. It is not possible to user to conect with server fra France without citrix. All user in France connect with UK server via Webbrowser og ICA klient. Our client wants MS CRM in france what is your tips? In my point we can not use MS CRM but i need your ideas? Client has only 20 users in France. -- Regds Henrik ...

Failure at Microsoft.crm.setup.common.registerasyncserviceAction
Good Afternoon all-- I was wondering if anyone has seen this when installing Version 4? It is causing the install to fail, and we cannot start the Server through the deployment Management tool. The asyn service should be use by workflow and the asynchronous callouts in CRM 4.0. Are you installing it as an administrator on the local box or you installing it using the domain user account? Darren Liu, Microsoft CRM MVP Crowe http://www.crowecrm.com On Jan 2, 4:37=A0pm, stevejna <steve...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Good Afternoon all-- > > I was wondering if anyone...

Older version of MSMoney (3.0)
I have used MSMoney 3.0 since 1993 and it has worked perfectly through DOS, Win 3.1, Win'95 and Win'98. I bought a new e-machine with WinXP and MSMoney2003 preinstalled. I like the older version but when I try to run it I get "General Protection fault in MSMoney.exe at 0059:0504" and it closes. Tried uninstalling MSMoney2003 still same problem. Tried compatibility fix...running in Win '95 and Win '98 mode...still same! What to do? Bill Gates (no relation) Although I'm surprised it doesn't work, there's probably next to nothing you can do to get Mv3...

add email to outlook contacts...
I know you can right click on the FROM line of an existing email and "Add to Outlook Contacts". However, I have someone who is visually impaired and cannot do right clicks and select from the menu. Is there a shortcut key that can do that while he is in the email? ngan;108815 Wrote: > I know you can right click on the FROM line of an existing email and > "Add to > Outlook Contacts". > > However, I have someone who is visually impaired and cannot do right > clicks > and select from the menu. Is there a shortcut key that can do tha...

Synchronization stops unexpectedly with Outlook and Blackberry
The syncronization process stops unexpectedly between my Blackberry 8310 using RIM Desktop Manager and Microsoft Outlook 2007. One message appearing is "Function OpenMsgStore Failed". Things worked fine for two months and then shortly after an auto update from Microsoft the sychronization process stopped. I've tried reconfiguring the sync process without success. Can anyone help me figure this out? Try resetting your sync config - Click Reset Configuration in Desktop Manager's Configuration tab. Then setup the sync preferences again. -- Diane Poremsky [...

Stopping emails with .exe attachments?
Running Ex2003 on 2003 Server in a 2000 Domain. Is there anyway to stop emails with certain kinds of attachments (example .exe )? Nothing native will do this; there's attachment blocking in Outlook, but you shouldn't wait til mail gets to the client to handle this. The best way to deal with it would be to get Exchange antivirus software, which you should be running anyway...it can do this and more. Trend ScanMail or Sybari Antigen would be good to look at as they're probably the best out there. You can get a free 30 day eval of Scanmail from the Trend site. For a list of attach...

Tracking emails
Hi, I can't seem to get CRM 3.0 to automatically track emails received via my Outlook Inbox. The sequence is as follows: 1. Create new lead with unique name and email address 2. Email the lead -> email goes into the lead history 3. Receive email via webmail and reply to email from leads account 4. Email reply is received in outlook and is not picked up as a CRM lead 5. Click the Track in CRM button and it goes into my assigned activities with an unresolved address - I note that the sender is the email address rather than the friendly name for the lead. Should CRM be able to do th...

Disappearing Contacts #3
I'm using Outlook 97 on Windows NT. My contacts seem to be disappearing randomly. I have checked to make sure no filters are in effect. What might be causing this, and can I fix it? ...

Tracking New Tabs in Excel
Hello, I am trying to set up a way to track information in a "tracking tab" for new tabs that I add for quotes on new business. So, we have a basic template that we copy 2-3 times a day to develop new quotes. I want to extract key info from each quote in this tracking tab (date of quote, customer, $ amount, etc.). The problem I have is that each time I add a new tab I need to manually copy my formula down one line in the tracking tab and edit the formulas to link to the new tab. Is there a way to set up the formulas in the tracking tab so that when we add a n...

CRM 3.0
Hi, After installing CRM3.0, i try to connect and i get Athentication error : Make sure ur user record is enabled & that u have been assigned at least one securityb role. I've checked the database the groups are there. I need ur help urgently!!! Hanady Hi, I'm still facing the problem and don't know what to do I've checked the SQL CRM databases to see if the customizations are there but all new fields are missing! I'm so worried about that. Your help is badly needed. Hanady "Hanady" <hanady.abousamra@trinec.com> wrote in message news:OQ...

Can the MSDN version of CRM 1.2 be converted to a production system without losing any data?
I have the MSDN version of CRM. If I install it and configure a pilot system, can I later convert it to a full licensed system without losing any data? Does it require a new installation or just change the Company Name and License Key? Bill Walter Bill, You would need to migrate the data to the new install. The AD objects & DB Names are tied to the Org Name so you can't change them once they're installed. You're best bet would probably be to use the DMF to load the data to the new install. BTW, I believe, technically, that using the MSDN license for a Pilot is not allow...

Introduction to e-CRM
Hi All, I just found a link to e-CRM. Its really a lovely article. Have a look at it. http://www.bizcovering.com/E-Commerce/eCRM.28869 Thanks, Ankur. ...

Controlling Shipments/Deliveries using CRM 3.0
All, I am interested if anybody has managed to use CRM to track shipments of say, hardware, that relates to either a specific account or a specific sub-account. Is this possible? I am trying to create the relationship between, say, a new entity called "Shipment" and an Account. I will need the details of this shipment to come from an order placed under an Account. Hopefully, this is clear. Dave Dave, Are you trying to set up actually shipping information (i.e. UPS tracking #'s)? I'd be more interested in how you would do that. I was waiting for ZFirm to upda...

sfc/scannow
happy new year LapTop or Notebook Vista Home Premium - SP 2 - 32 bit Acer Aspire 5535 - AMD Athlon X2 Dual QL -62 2.00 GHz - 3.00 GB Problem: sfc/scannow stops at 76 %, gives no Info just that it can not perform the requested operation it started when I Restored the System to Factory Install with the Discs ( 2 Discs) sent to me by Acer by mail SP 1 is already on the Discs, all Updates installed successfully, including SP 2 Event Viewer shows some Errors but don't know witch are associated with the sfc/scannow Problem Reports and Solution (reports but no so...

Migrating from SBM to GP 8.0
We are in planning to migrate from SBM (Small Business Manager) to GP 8.0 Can I import data from SBM to GP 8? Does GP 8 have any utilities available to facilitate importing data from other applications? Where can I find them? I am using the GP 8.0 version from the MSDN Universal for the trial. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance Surendra Microsoft offers tools to migrate from SBM to GP. Check with your local representative for help. -- This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. "Surendra" <spepakay@hot...

Reply to all #4
How can I make it so my address doesn't appear in the To: field when I Reply To All? Thanks a lot, D In news:8AAC609F-8D8D-46E1-888F-8B08EEF4426F@microsoft.com, DS <DS@discussions.microsoft.com> typed: > How can I make it so my address doesn't appear in the To: field when > I Reply To All? > > Thanks a lot, > > D If you were part of the All, you're going to reply to yourself, and you can simply delete the message when it comes in if you like. That said - when you post in here, always include your version, SP level, and mode (if applicable) of Outlo...