How to relate an Activity to a group of contacts?

Is there a way to easily attach an Activity to multiple Contacts.  For
example, how can I attach the same Task to all the Contacts in New York?
Selecting contact by contact is much to time consuming
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

you would need to write an addon to do this.

--
John O'Donnell
Microsoft CRM MVP

"NBCRM" <NBCRM@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Is there a way to easily attach an Activity to multiple Contacts.  For
> example, how can I attach the same Task to all the Contacts in New York?
> Selecting contact by contact is much to time consuming

0
John

Error when activating language pack
Hi, i'm not able to activate a language pack after installing it. When i try to, I get the following error: MUI Provisioning failed. Error: Could not find stored procedure 'p_PublishLabelsByObjectId' this is not the usual problem where the fix is : DELETE FROM [MetadataSchema].[LocalizedLabel] WHERE CustomizationLevel = 2 has anyone ever come across the above error ? /Leon ...

Shared outlook contacts
I am trying to setup a shared contacts folder for use by mulitple people in the company. I have no problems sharing the folder and the invite is opened at the other users mailbox without any problems. This contact list can then be viewed in the contacts section of there mailbox. However the issue is that this shared contacts folder cannot be viewed in the outlook address book. Contact groups that are local to my profile can be but the shared ones can't. When you right click, properties, on the shared contacts folder on the users mailbox there is a few tabs missing. The obvi...

Contacts
I would like to add a field called "Relationship" to the other contact details (Full Name, Address, Phone numbers, etc.) in my Contacts in Outlook XP, can this be done? What I have done so far is gone into the Contact and into the All Fields tab, where I clicked on New and added a text field called "Relationship". But I would like this field to appear on the General tab if possible? Is it? Kol. ----------- Nothing great was ever achieved without enthusiasm. - Ralph Waldo Emerson Hello, I've just noticed that the field "Relationship" I just added only ...

How do I get entries from Contacts to Address Book?
I imported PST files (everything) on new w2000/Office 2000 PC. I have my Contacts, but there's nothing in the Address Book. How do I get the Address book to use Contacts? Corporate Workgroup Mode? Right click the Contact folder. Left click properties, Left click the Outlook Address book Tab. Is the option to show this folder as an Address book, checked? If is is gray, the Outlook Address book service is broken and you need to reinstall it by.... Click tools, Services. Remove the Outlook Address Book Service. Add it back in. Close and reopen Outlook Check the Address book now. "Dav...

Grouping random cells..............................can it be done????? TIA
I have an Excel sheet with data. I want to select cells at random and group them together so at a later time I can select one of the group members and it will select all the members in the group. I tried to do it and Excel complains back that this can not be done with non adjacent cells. Hope someone can help. Thank you. Boll Weevil, what you can do is select the cells and define a name for them (Insert > Name > Define). Then at any time you can press F5 (Go to), click the name, click OK, and Excel will select them all. -- DDM "DDM's Microsoft Office Tips and Tricks"...

Group two "Neighbour" columns individually
I would like to group for instance column B and C individually - so I can hide the one but not the other. If I try, both columns are grouped into same group. Isn't it possible to group the columns in a group each? ...

create email activity using sdk

Checkbox Group
Is there a way to add checkboxes or checkbox groups to the CRM Forms (e.g. Leads)? I can only find bit fields, which translate into radio buttons (and are not grouped together). Any help would be appreciated. not in the standard application. ISV's may have added this capability but I have not seen anything like it -- John O'Donnell Microsoft CRM MVP http://www.mscrmfaq.us "ersheido" <ali@ersheid.com.takeout> wrote in message news:uM89DTOUFHA.228@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... > Is there a way to add checkboxes or checkbox groups to the CRM Forms (e.g. > Leads...

Outlook CRM Laptop Client to pass data on active MSCRM form into E
I need to develop a "button" with code-behind in Outlook so that the CRM Outlook Laptop Client that can automatically "pass" all the data on an actively opened MSCRM form (custom entity) into an Excel workbook. I have no problems automating Excel (using VBA) but I know next to nothing about how to make Outlook extract data from all the fields on a currently opened custom entity form window, and to "pass" the field data into an Excel speadsheet. Things that I need to know are: 1) How to determine whether the active MSCRM window is which entity. 2) If the acti...

YAPTQ: Mixed data types in custom groups (Excel 2003) #3
Hello, I'm trying to get the following accomplished in Excel 2003: I have a column in a table that keeps track of how late a form was turned in. It can have an integer (for the number of days it was late) or one of several text strings ("On time," "Cannot determine," "Outside report dates.") I need to be able to generate the totals for: On time or within 7 days late, 8-15 days, More than 15 days Cannot determine Outside report dates It seems like it should be a straightforward thing, where one can specify a range of numbers, or a list of values, but I have...

Upgraded to 2003 Now the 'Type to Fnd Contact' button is broken
Hi, I have upgraded from Outlook XP to Outlook 2003. All the contacts are visible, but when I use the 'Type to find contact' button Outlook cannot find any matching contacts (although they are definitely there). Anyone know what is wrong or how to fix it? Thanks Paul Right click on your contacts folder, go to properties, outlook address book, and tick the box. Paul wrote: > Hi, > > I have upgraded from Outlook XP to Outlook 2003. All the contacts are > visible, but when I use the 'Type to find contact' button Outlook > cannot find any matching contacts (a...

Relational Equiv. of Database
I'd like to create an XML schema that will allow me to save and retrieve data that is equivalent to a relational database with relationships defined between members of various tables. Is this possible with XML and if so can somebody point me to examples or other sources of information? TIA Brad ...

Business Contact manager #14
When I installed Outlook 2003 Pro, It did not install the business contact manager. The BCM is a separate installation from the 2nd CD. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the SWEN virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer, Tim asked: | When I installed Outlook 2003 Pro, It did not install the | business contact manager. ...

custom contact form
I created a custom contact form. When I try to create an envelope or letter from the contact window, only the name of the contact generates, not the address. What do I need to do to get the address to generate (i.e. the delivery address) into the envelope or letter? Would it be correct to assume that you created custom user-defined fields for the "delivery" address in your custom form instead of assigning the "delivery" address fields to one of the standard address field sets? If you have - then the answer to your question is contained in this thread: Me...

how do I paste a relative formula in multiple sheets?
I have multiple sheets in a workbook. One sheet for each business day of the month. I want to be able to carry over one cell (F66) to the next day's sheet's (F3). THat in itself is easy enough, however the problem comes when I try to copy and paste that formula ( ='Day 2'!F66) to the next day's sheet. The reference to 'Day 2' stays absolute. I need it to be relative. As I paste the formula, I need it to change the 'Day 2' to 'Day 3' and so on. It needs to just pick up the name of the sheet prior to itself. I know there must be a way to ...

lost contact
I had to reinstal microsoft on my computer. First I copied my files to a disk. Reinstalled outlook, tried to import contact list from disk, wont work. How can I find the old contacts list On the assumption you copied the *.pst file., and are refering to OL contacts This becomes read only in the copy process. You have to copy to HD, then insure readonly flag is off, before attempting to open David "Danny" <peakplumb@sbcglobal.net> wrote in message news:0acb01c34b0a$6c8caa60$a001280a@phx.gbl... > I had to reinstal microsoft on my computer. First I > copied my files t...

Create a group from recipient list
If you have an email that contains many recipients in To: is there any shortcut to put all these people in a group without having to add them one-by-one to your address book and then assemble the group? Roger Roger, No shortcut. However, please respect the recipient's privacy and place multiple people in the Bcc: "Roger" <x@y> wrote in message news:eyx9YmzjGHA.4284@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... > If you have an email that contains many recipients in To: is there any > shortcut to put all these people in a group without having to add them > one-by-one to your a...

grouping charts in a word document.
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Is there a way to group 4 separate charts in one chart area, or to group 4 separate charts together in a box on the page? combining the charts on one axis made the data too confusing... please help! Sure: create a Text Box the correct size for all four, then paste each chart in as a "picture". Let me know if you need more explanation than that... Cheers On 25/05/10 1:53 AM, in article 59bb8eaa.-1@webcrossing.JaKIaxP2ac0, "Adam_collins@officeformac.com" <Adam_collins@officeformac.com> wrote:...

Reg Contacts list
Hi, i have resored the outlook pst from my backup. but i am not finding the contacts as my old outlook. so i t will be helpfull if any one help me to get contacts in my new outlook. thanks in advance Rizwan If you look in the Contacts folder in the restored PST file, what's in there? <rizwan_mk@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:uZwPWY7tFHA.360@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... > Hi, > > i have resored the outlook pst from my backup. but i am not finding the > contacts as my old outlook. so i t will be helpfull if any one help me to > get contacts in my new outlo...

Using secondary email when distributing a Campaign Activity
Hello everyone, I'm looking for a way to use the marketing list's member primary AND secondary emails when send a email mass mailout from a campaign activity. I believe we could do it using the sdk, but am not sure how (plug-in, workflow?) Has anyone achieved this somehow? Thanks Hi Fred, Yes, our latest VEM (Vizola eMarketing Addin) module has this feature, please checkout http://www.vizola.com/vem - you can download and try the evaluation version - it also includes all the template usage + tracking and bounce features you need. On the COMPOSE EMAIL screen you are presented w...

Message to DanS
Hello DanS. You're a fracking cretin, as Massa would say. Stan Starinski was right, and you Dan are wrong. First off, loss and hence noise become significant with length. Yes he is an EE. Who are you? An "M.V.P.? MWAHAHAHAHAHA. Do you know the difference between Butterworth & Chebychev Filters? Or Friis formula? You see in America, the term engineer is now applied eqully to a high-school diploma holder who drives a train, a software "troubleshooter" aka MSCE Cetified "engineer", and a real engineer. But in EurAsia they still distinguish b...

Is this group also for O-Express?
I've subscribed to this group because my MS server gives me no "Express" options. But I'm getting the feeling that this is just for Outlook queries and that Outlook Express mail is found elsewhere. Is that right? LeRoy You guessed correctly :-) I can help you find the Express groups, though. The name of the newsgroup for Outlook Express 6 is: microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress If your ISP's news server doesn't carry this group, connect to the msnews.microsoft.com server (it's free) and you'll find the above group there -- just s...

Disable View by Group for all Folders at once?
When I recently upgraded to Outlook 2003, a number of new settings went into affect. I would prefer that this not occur, but luckily most I have been able to deal with, one by one (e.g., the stupid, annoying paperclip started showing up in all Microsoft programs I use immediately after upgrading to Outlook 2003). Anyhow, I would like to be able to disable the View option to Arrange By/Show In Groups for all of my Outlook folders. Seems I have to do it on a folder by folder basis which is unacceptable with the number of folders I maintain for work. Does anyone know how to disable Show In...

timeline to graphicate vacations periods of a group
I have several team members, and they chose each of them, a different timeframe for thier annual vacations. I will need to graphicate that, in a bar 2D system, having the complete year 2009 in the axis X, and the bars, floting according to the dates, in the axis Y, one bar per person. Hi, Have a read of Jon's article on gantt charts http://pubs.logicalexpressions.com/Pub0009/LPMArticle.asp?ID=343 Cheers Andy -- Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel http://www.andypope.info "ANDY894219" <ANDY894219@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:735F4E38-86CC-4A29-AAC...

GDI Related...
There was a tool which could dump and display the contents of offscreen bitmaps, DCs etc. I found one that is working only under Win98, but I need one for 2k and XP. Some months ago I needed the same tool and I remember that I found one for 2k but now I don't remember where exactly I downloaded it from. So if anyone can give me a link to this kind of tool or some other clue I'd really appreciate it. Thanx in advance. ...