How to import previous MSCRM data after change in AD domain name?

Hi

I have re-installed WinSvr 2003 onto my previous Win2k CRM box, and
while re-installing MSCRM, I realized I have gotten myself into a jam.

When I re-installed the WinSvr 2003, we changed our AD domain name.
This means MSCRM won't be able to load my previous MSCRM data (since
it was then setup using the old domain name).

I still have access to the previous MSCRM data in SQL Server 2000.

Is there any way I can still load in the old MSCRM data? Or should I
just jump into the ocean.... :O

Thnks,
Jeffrey

0
Corcel
8/2/2004 6:18:28 PM
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

Jeffrey,

Take a look at the redeployment tool that was released about a month ago.  It is
designed to migrate data from one installation to another.  I haven't used it
yet, but at least you can stay dry.

Matt Parks
MVP - Microsoft CRM

On Tue, 03 Aug 2004 02:18:28 +0800, Corcel CRM
<ebusiness@DELETEcorcelsystems.com> wrote:

Hi

I have re-installed WinSvr 2003 onto my previous Win2k CRM box, and
while re-installing MSCRM, I realized I have gotten myself into a jam.

When I re-installed the WinSvr 2003, we changed our AD domain name.
This means MSCRM won't be able to load my previous MSCRM data (since
it was then setup using the old domain name).

I still have access to the previous MSCRM data in SQL Server 2000.

Is there any way I can still load in the old MSCRM data? Or should I
just jump into the ocean.... :O

Thnks,
Jeffrey

0
Matt
8/2/2004 10:59:58 PM
If your old AD domain exists on another DC, you can use the CRM Redeployment
tools  to redeploy the CRM DB to the new domain.  These tools can be found
on MSDN at:  MSCRM Redeployment Tools

If the old AD domain does not exist, you can contact  PSS / CRM Support and
they may be able to walk you through a process to pull some of the data out
of your old DB and to load it into your new installation in the new domain.
CRM has Data Migration Framework tools that can assist here.

"Corcel CRM" <ebusiness@DELETEcorcelsystems.com> wrote in message
> Hi
>
> I have re-installed WinSvr 2003 onto my previous Win2k CRM box, and
> while re-installing MSCRM, I realized I have gotten myself into a jam.
>
> When I re-installed the WinSvr 2003, we changed our AD domain name.
> This means MSCRM won't be able to load my previous MSCRM data (since
> it was then setup using the old domain name).
>
> I still have access to the previous MSCRM data in SQL Server 2000.
>
> Is there any way I can still load in the old MSCRM data? Or should I
> just jump into the ocean.... :O
>
> Thnks,
> Jeffrey

0
DaveP

Macro or Formula needed to search data in cells
Hi I am looking for a way to create a formula/macro to do the following: My worksheet setup: A1:A30000 C1:C5000 01 02 03 04 05 06 07 08 09 10 01 04 05 06 08 09 12 22 23 27 02 03 04 05 06 07 08 09 10 11 01 03 05 06 07 08 09 14 22 32 03 04 05 06 07 08 09 10 11 12 04 05 06 07 08 09 10 11 12 13 etc Each cell contains a 10 number sequence. The range A1:A30000 is my randomly generated sequence. And C1:5000 is my database of archived sequences. If I wish to check if the combination in cell A1 is anywhere in the range C1:5000. I use the formula. =IF(COU...

multiple Domains under one domain or multiple forests under one forest
I have to research on below scenario. Asia regional countries are in separate forests/single domains Europe has forest and child domains. Europe is separate systems only connected via WAN only. Our proposal was make one forest under Europe as =91APAC=92, and then we will migrate regional counties under to APAC forest to appropriate Trees. Europe proposed that instead of creating APAC migrate all the Asia regional forest to one of Europe Domain. As example, migrate all Asia user accounts to Germany domain under Europe forest. for me putting every domain to one domain sounds messy f...

How do I import.DBX files?
I backed up my Outlook 2000 folders (.DBX) files. Now with a fresh install of Office, how can I import these folders in to Outlook? "Geary Boulrice" <boulrice@sonalysts.com> wrote in message news:8b9201c432b8$838f14a0$a601280a@phx.gbl... > I backed up my Outlook 2000 folders (.DBX) files. Now > with a fresh install of Office, how can I import these > folders in to Outlook? Outlook 2000 does NOT use dbx files. What you had was outlook EXPRESS. To import these files into OUTLOOK, you need first to import them into Outlook EXPRESS and then either export to OUTLOOK o...

How can I import an WordPerfect Address Book into Outlook?
How can I import an WordPerfect Address Book into Outlook? First export from WP to a CSV file (comma separated values) that OL can import. "Campross" wrote: > How can I import an WordPerfect Address Book into Outlook? ...

Import Contacts from a Public Folder to Ms Access Table
After few trial and errors and digging the net I've found a way to do that. Using Access (since version 2002) you can link tables directly to Exchange and Outlook containers. While linking to Exchange directly gives several troubles with accounts that use offline connections, linking to Outlook (that of course must be installed with a configured and working underlying profile - but does not need to be open) does not give any trouble. I hope someone could find this info useful. Diego Volponi ...

Search for data in a column bring all related items in other colum
I have data in the excel sheet with .A column for OrderNo and B Column for items for that Order. A B ORD001 ITEM1 ITEM2 ITEM3 ORD002 ITEM4 ITEM1 ITEM5 There are more than thousand orders.I want search for an Order so that it brings all items with it. I cannot use filter in A column as it doesn't recognise blank cell.So Option to repeat order nos in A for every item involves a lot of data entry. Any Solution ? I'd fill those empty cells in column a with the previous value. And us...

Import excel into RMS
I need to import excel file into RMS is the only way thru EMS, or is there another option? You can download the "Quicksell Import Tool" from the downloads section of http://www.jeanholland.com - you have to create an account, but it's free. The quicksell import tool is an UNSUPPORTED tool that MS released several years ago. You can use it to import Items, suppliers and customers. I tried it once and found that it was easier for me to just load the files directly into SQL Server and move the data around from there - but I'm a SQL geek... A lot of people seem to like...

Updating information in 1 file when it is added to other files
I have 9 Spreadsheets consisting of contact information for publications in different industries. 8 Industries and 1 Master List. I would like to link the master list to all of the individual industry lists so that when I add or update a new contact in an Industry list, it is reflected in the Master Spreadsheet as well. Essentially, I want to cut down on duplicating my efforts. Check out the copy paste merge examples... http://www.rondebruin.nl/tips.htm -- HTH... Jim Thomlinson "Kyle" wrote: > I have 9 Spreadsheets consisting of contact information f...

name box
Hallo, very basic question, but it is making me crazy. I've used the "name box" to label some cells. What is strange, I'm not more able to rename them or remove the "label".. Any trick I'm not aware of? thanks *pimar -- pimar ------------------------------------------------------------------------ pimar's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=5386 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=375030 Click on a cell that you have named Then click on Insert (on the menu bar) Choose Name > Defi...

Changing Front End Back End Connection Through VBA
Hi, In a form in the front-end the location of the backend is mentioned. (this is the result of a dlookup from a table that holds the locations of all backends; user chooses which backend to connect to) How can I define that when the user clicks a connect button, all the tables in the front end are connected to the back end which is chosen? Thnx for your help! hi Rishi, On 04.02.2010 12:12, Rishi wrote: > How can I define that when the user clicks a connect button, all the tables > in the front end are connected to the back end which is chosen? http://www.mvps.o...

Book1 changes itself?
I have used XL97 on Windows 2000 for a long time. Just lately, XL has changed its behaviour, and I can't work out why. There are 2 problems, but they didn't start at the same time. 1. If I open XL and then immediately close it again, without doing anything, it asks me do I want to save the changes to Book1? What changes to Book1? 2. Whenever I start XL, re-calculation is set to manual. This is true even if I finish the previous session by re-setting the previous spreadsheet to automatic re-calculation and saving it. I tried saving different versions of Book1.xlt and in the end I del...

public calendar- users can only view items they added????
hi lovely people, i'm trying to get my head round creating a public calendar, a year planner for the business with our small 1 server domain. we just got sbs 2003 after many years of a decrepid nt4 thing, its quite a culture shock!!! anyways here is my question... i've created a public folder calendar. i did this through outlook 2003 in my administrator account. i added numerous events to this public calendar fine and dandy from the same account. now, i can add to and view this public calendar quite happily. my problem is, i can add this new public calendar to any other user ac...

changing default language
I have the French version of office x, but my French is not as good as my English. I have a difficult time reading some of the options such as file, edit, view, etc. I was hoping there was some way to change the language to English. I don't know if this would mean changing some setting or uninstalling and reinstalling. Please help me. Thanks. In article 37b5ebd9.0410201526.7b053dd@posting.google.com, Brian Blanchette at bblanchette@cox.net wrote on 10/20/04 16:26: > I have the French version of office x, but my French is not as good as > my English. I have a difficult time readi...

How change dimensions of data label text box in pie chart?
In Excel 2003, I can't seem to re-shape the data labels text boxes in my pie chart. I can change the font and allignment of the text within the text box. But, if the text defaults onto two or three lines, I cannot stretch the text box out to get the text to stay on one line. Normally, you can pull on the the little handles on the text box. Is there a trick to this that I don't know about? This is a deficiency in Excel's charting capabilities. The text elements seem like regular text boxes, but you are unable to resize or reshape them. Even VBA can't do this. The workar...

I want to change a "No" to a "Yes" i
I have a work sheet that if on page 2 the cell says No, then on page 1 it says Yes and if on page 2 the cell is Yes then on page 1 it is No? What formula do I use, and how do I cereat it without getting a circle error? You need to define, "the cell". Which / Worksheet / cell(s), specifically? You also need to define, "it". Which Worksheets / cell(s), specifically, do you mean by this? "Circuitman57" wrote: > I have a work sheet that if on page 2 the cell says No, then on page 1 it > says Yes and if on page 2 the cell is Yes then on pa...

Area, perimeter, and color in shape data
Hi everyone, I have Visio Professional 2007. First, I don't have great skill yet in making shape data. But also, I would like to have the following data show in the shape data for various geometrical shapes (like squares, rectangle, or circles, for example): - the area of the shape - the perimeter of the shape - the color of the shape Now, I understand that I can go to Tools > Add-Ons > Visio Extras > Shape Area and Perimeter to get the first two items. I also know that this information will change dynamically as I alter the shape. So far, so good. ...

Getting data point from an accel chart
I have an excel chart that I want to get the data points(x,y) from. The source data refers to cells in the same sheet, but I don't see any cell in that work sheet. Only the chart. I can run the cursor over the line and get the x,y coordinates for each point. I would like to copy the x,y values, to reproduce the curve in another program ...

Why does linked data from blank cells become a zero?
When linking data within the same workbook (to different tabs) any cell that is empty - shows up in the new tab as a ZERO (0).....what am I doing wrong? I want those cells to remain blank. That's just the way it is .. Instead of : =Sheet2!A1 you could use an error trap: =IF(Sheet2!A1="","",Sheet2!A1) Alternatively, we could suppress the display of extraneous zeros in the entire sheet via: Click Tools > Options > View tab > Uncheck "Zero values" > OK -- Rgds Max xl 97 --- GMT+8, 1� 22' N 103� 45' E xdemechanik <at>yahoo<dot&g...

Trying to automatically import specific data from Excel into Word:
Thanks in advance for anyone who can help me with this: I'll start by explaining the spreadsheet I created in Excel (an inventory / information worksheet): It is pretty simple; approximately 12 columns. The key column is the item number / UPC / bar code number, then after that there are various information columns including item name, description, condition, picture links, etc. Secondly, I created a template Microsoft Word document that is relatively long, but will have a few lines (give or take...about 7) customized for each item on the inventory. What I am trying to d...

ADDITIONAL INFO RE: Data execution prevention
Since my last post, I have some additional info that might help someone get an insight as to what the problem may actually be. First, I went to start/run and put in "sfc /scannow", and let it run fully. Everything copacetic there. The I checked Admin. tools for the read-out. Under the "Error" heading was this info: Faulting Application rundll32.exe version 5.1.2600.5512, faulting module unknown, version 0.0.0.0. fault address0x00000000 Clicking on the "Online Help" link brought up a blank page - no help. Hoping some terrifically insightful MV...

CRM Integration: data doesn't go from CRM to GP
I'm setting up CRM integration for GP. Setup went ok, data migration from GP to CRM ok. When I add data to GP, it copies to CRM ok. I can't seem to get any CRM data to copy to GP. No messages in event viewer. Services are all started (according to documentation) successfully. I'm pretty sure I've configured properly in Settings and Admin tool. My IntegrationUser account is a member of all the required groups. I've turned on 'create customers always' to test, so I should create customers in GP whenever I create an account in CRM, but that's not happe...

Data was deleted and saved by mistake..need to go back
I need to go back to the data before it was saved, can anyone help Richard don't get your hopes up. Unless you have a copy or a backup ... it's gone. Regards Trevor "Richard" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1084801c3bea6$222d5270$a601280a@phx.gbl... > I need to go back to the data before it was saved, can > anyone help ...

99 Money to 2000 import questions?
Hi all, We use Money99 on our desktop and are looking into using my laptop as our primary computer. The laptop has Money 2000 already installed but not being used. Can someone explain to me how I can copy all the information from 99 over to 2000? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks very much.......John ...

Import Budget into GP v.10 from Excel
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_004F_01C99834.C340E060 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable I am having an issue and have followed the following but it still does = not work.=20 Error message when you try to import a budget in General Ledger in = Microsoft Dynamics GP: "The number of periods for the budget does not = match the number of columns in Excel" View products that this article applies to. -------------------------------------------------------------------------= -----...

CultureInfo changed on Callback threads?
Basic scenario -Winforms client calling an asp.net web service on Windows X Problem: When I perform an async web service call from a winform client, my Thread.CurrentCulture and Thread.CurrentUICulture are changed from the initiating thread's culture Some code Set all the Cultures to a different culture static void Main() Thread.CurrentThread.CurrentCulture = new CultureInfo("fi-FI") Thread.CurrentThread.CurrentUICulture = new CultureInfo("fi-FI") Application.CurrentCulture = new CultureInfo("fi-FI") Application.Run(new SomeForm()) Make an Async web...