how to find the last modified user?

Is it possible in CRM to determine who last modified/altered a particular
record (of any entity)?
Esp, who last modified the details of a particular contact?

Thanx

0
Simon
2/4/2005 1:26:09 AM
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

There is an example in the SDK of building an "Auditing" module for the CRM
admin which would give views of who changed which records, etc.
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/en-us/dnmbscrm1_2/html/mbs_crmauditing.asp

Matt Wittemann
http://icu-mscrm.blogspot.com

"Simon" wrote:

> Is it possible in CRM to determine who last modified/altered a particular
> record (of any entity)?
> Esp, who last modified the details of a particular contact?
>
> Thanx

Once you've pulled up the record, if you go to File..Properties, it shows the
user that last modifired the record.

Matt Parks
MVP - Microsoft CRM

On Fri, 4 Feb 2005 12:26:09 +1100, "Simon" <Simon@helloworld.net> wrote:

Is it possible in CRM to determine who last modified/altered a particular
record (of any entity)?
Esp, who last modified the details of a particular contact?

Thanx

0
Matt
2/4/2005 8:54:17 PM
Simon,
<Shameless plug alert>
I'm pleased to announce that my company has just released a new Microsoft
CRM add-on that does precisely what you are looking for, and more...

VAST for Microsoft CRM 1.2 shows you "Who Did What When" in CRM.  VAST will
track changes made to your CRM data, and display the history of changes on a
custom tab on 'detail' pages in CRM.  End users can determine what data
displays on their 'Visionary views' of this audited data.

By the way, the auditing "example" is just that - as it states in the first
few paragraphs, it is NOT designed for production system use.  This example
solution only simply captures the changed data in one (soon to be huge)
table.

VAST creates a new database, and duplicates the structure of all of the
major base tables in CRM - and VAST tracks all custom fields you have added,
or add in the future, to CRM using the Deployment Manager.  Also, the
auditing sample app loops through every field that is changed and does a
database insert for each changed field - all within the post-callout
mechanism - so this has the potential for dramatically impacting the
performance of CRM.

VAST simply captures the changes from the post-callout event into a MSMQ, so
there is no discernable impact on the users when they save records.  (Our
VAST Queue Processor service wakes up every second to process the
post-callout data on the MSMQ, and runs through thousands of lines of custom
code to capture that data, and compare it to the old data, to provide a
snapshot of each record after each update.

Also, there is no way for the users to see the changes using the auditing
sample. VAST builds a custom tab on each detail object, and contains a number
of user-customizable views of that data on this tab.  (For example, on the
Account VAST Changes tab, you can see changes to the account, as well as
opportunities, cases, quotes, etc. that are linked to that account.

Please stop by the web site to learn more, or drop by Booth #122 at
Convergence!

Dave

David L. Carr, President
Visionary Software Consulting, Inc.
Main #: 971-327-6944

Introducing our newest software product...
VAST for Microsoft CRM 1.2
VAST shows you "Who Did What When" in Microsoft CRM
To download our free trial, get more info, or to order, visit
http://www.VSCRM.com

"MattNC" wrote:

> There is an example in the SDK of building an "Auditing" module for the CRM
> admin which would give views of who changed which records, etc.
> http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/en-us/dnmbscrm1_2/html/mbs_crmauditing.asp
>
> Matt Wittemann
> http://icu-mscrm.blogspot.com
>

> "Simon" wrote:
>
> > Is it possible in CRM to determine who last modified/altered a particular
> > record (of any entity)?
> > Esp, who last modified the details of a particular contact?
> >
> > Thanx

Looking for a method to print only those worksheets that the user has entered data into
Hi everyone I have a workbook that has 7 worksheets un-hidden. Of those, each has a limited number of cells that are un-protected. Each sheet prints to a single page. The user can enter data on one, some or all of the sheets. Is there a short-cut method that would allow the user to (at a single click) print all of the sheets that have user-input data and not any of those that are left 'blank' TI rp Hi not possible without VBA -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "rpw" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:732719CD-1559-4CD1-B0...

Advance Find Order Product
Using Advance Find, is there a way to search Orders that have both Order Product A AND Order Product B? I can easily find Orders that have either Order Product A or Order Product B, but can't seem to make it look for both. Thank you, Adam Three Day Bump. Hi, Don't have CRM in front of me, but try this: Create advanced find with 2 lines using the same field. Select both lines, group as 'AND'. Should work. Good luck, Bertil "AdamEdmonds" wrote: > Three Day Bump. Ok. I tried that and got no results back even though I saw at least two that fit my query. ...

Function to find largest number from a series of numbers?
Is there a function to go across several columns of numbers and pick out the largest one? If not, how would I write that function? thanks to all Rick =MAX(A1:Z1) -- Regards Ken....................... Microsoft MVP - Excel Sys Spec - Win XP Pro / XL 97/00/02/03 ---------------------------------------------------------------------------- It's easier to beg forgiveness than ask permission :-) ---------------------------------------------------------------------------- "rs" <r_schiller@REMOVEcomcast.net> wrote in message news:2p-dnW3P0f...

Finding Values With more than 2 decimal Places
Hello, I am using sumif to verify some numbers. These should all be dollar values and thus should not contain and values past 2 decimal places however when I use the sumif it returns values with long decimals? I have been unable to find where these decimals exist visually and i tried this formula to help me identify them =IF(L18-(ROUND(L18,2))=0,0,"Help") ^ hopefully this would let me know if a decimal past 2 places is present in a value but I still am unable to find them? any help would be apreciated Thanks Chuck -- clane -------------------------------------------...

how to find the last modified user?
Is it possible in CRM to determine who last modified/altered a particular record (of any entity)? Esp, who last modified the details of a particular contact? Thanx There is an example in the SDK of building an "Auditing" module for the CRM admin which would give views of who changed which records, etc. http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/en-us/dnmbscrm1_2/html/mbs_crmauditing.asp Matt Wittemann http://icu-mscrm.blogspot.com "Simon" wrote: > Is it possible in CRM to determine who last modified/altered a particular > record (of any entity)? > Esp, who last mod...

Modifying the "Required Attendee" lookup columns
Hello, Is there a way to modify which columns appears in the lookup view of the multi-select "Required Attendees" lookup on the Appointemnt? This special windows does not seem to take the usual "account" or "contact" lookup view. Right now it only shows the name and full name of the account or contact. Thanks Hi Fred, Did you happen to get the solution to your query as i am with the same problem and looking for someone to help....:( Thanks, Shashi "Fred Bang" wrote: > Hello, > > Is there a way to modify which columns appears in the...

Modify/customize login and logout page
Anyone know if it is ok to modify/customize the exchange login and logout page? Yes. This may help: Customizing the Outlook Web Access Logon Page http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa996007.aspx -- Bharat Suneja MVP - Exchange www.zenprise.com NEW blog location: exchangepedia.com/blog ---------------------------------------------- "Brent Anderson" <BAnder9447@aol.com> wrote in message news:%23SkU1W1ZHHA.5044@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... > Anyone know if it is ok to modify/customize the exchange login and logout > page? > ...

Modifying cell entries?
Hi all, I have a range of cells in a spreadsheet containing values, say cell A1 : C5. Example as follows: A B C 1 100 100 100 2 100 100 100 3 100 100 100 4 100 100 100 5 100 100 100 I often need to edit all the individual cells in the range to become "=100*86%" because i need to keep the original value in the cell as well as shown the resulted value in the cells too, in this case it is 86 (result after 100 multiple by 86 percent). How do i cr...

NDR Sending to E2K3 Users from E5.5
I have recently installed E2K3 in mixed mode to work with our existing Exchange 5.5. AD is running in interim mode while our NT 4 BDCs get replaced. I have migrated a few users over to E2K3 with no problems. However, Exchange 5.5 users cannot send email to mailboxes that were created on the E2K3 server(NDR report 5.1.1). The migrated users can send to these mailboxes. Any help is appreciated. Thanks Al Stephenson After a little more digging I have found that the new users being created are being placed in a USER container instead of the recipient container which is where the 5.5 user...

very simple question, but i cant find the answer
Hello, I am trying to write a generic tool that accesses a SQL server and reads/updates/deletes/creates records. I want to reference this tool from my asp.net pages to talk to my db. by the way, i want the results of any read, update and create to be returned in xml. when reading data, i populate a dataset with data and then use the dataset.getxml method to return xml. is this a neat way of reading data? how does it compare to the FOR XML EXPLICIT command in sql server? when creating/updating data i was thinking of using a data adapter but this seems a bit over the top, maybe i am wrong?...

Create appointments for another user
Is it possible to create an appointment from another user. I need to be able to create a case for a CSR and if necessary, also create an appointment on his/ner calander. Thanks in advance. -Chris Chris, You can create the appointment or case, after you created it (for yourself) you can assign it to someone else or to a queue (if you have enough rights for it). The assign option should be in the action menu. Hope this helps, Rob Bakkers Avanade Netherlands "Chris Pelon" wrote: > Is it possible to create an appointment from another user. I need to be able > to creat...

Import users from mixed mode Domain
Hello friends I have a domain with 2 sub domains (Sub-Domain A and B), and I installed the MS CRM 3 on sub-domain A. The functional Level of Sub-Domain A is 2003 Native and Sub-Domain B is Mixed, because the existence of NT4 PDC. On Deployment Guide 3.0.5 MS CRM, on page 6-12 tell how to add users from mixed mode, and because I'm new on this, I can't find the role "Browser for Microsoft CRM", wich is necessary to be assigned to the local security group that I will create with users from mixed Sub-Domain B. Can anyone help me with this step? Best Regards, ...

Finding a row with the heigest/lowest value under specific conditions.
Hello, Goal: Find the row with the highest of lowest value (can be with extra conditions). Example 1 find the row with the highest value. Example 2 find the row with the highest value not exceeding 3.5. What is the most elegant (???) way to do this ? The examples are simple enough, but if they become part of a larger query, the solutions become less elegant. (In example 2 the condition is repeated which I consider less elegant. In the second solution for example 2, the with is used this only works in recent versions of SQL-server and not in other SQL implementations) S...

Any way to change default FIND options?
When I do a CTRL+F to find information, the OPTIONS always is set to Look In Formulas. Is there any way to get is to default to Look In Values? thanks. One way: Put this in the ThisWorkbook module of your Personal.xls workbook (or any other workbook in the XLStart directory): Private Sub Workbook_Open() Dim result As Range Set result = Sheets(1).Cells.Find( _ What:="", _ LookIn:=xlValues) End Sub Find options are persistent, whether done in the GUI or in VBA, so doing a find will set the LookIn value for the next search. In ...

Add Users to the Business Portal site
Hello all, I have a new installation of Dynamics SL FP1, Business Portal FP1 and MOSS 2008 Enterprise. All of the installs went great without any errors during the installation. Next I configured Dynamics SL with a database update, added users, added all of my registration keys, created databases and then installed the business portal. Agian all went well.. Then I went into the business portal site and tried to add users. So I go to the business portal home page and click site actions>site settings> under Business Portal administration i click the link users The first thing i get ...

One user cannot logon to OWA
I have an instance where one user cannot login to OWA. It worked for her before and she is the only one experiencing the issue. I actually deleted her entire account from active directory, deleted her entire email from Exchange, synchronized to all domain controllers, re-added the account (same naming conventions), but she is still having the same problem. When I create a new account with totally different naming conventions, no problems at all. I thought everything for accounts was recognized as a SID, not by name. Is it possible using the same naming convention is causing the aut...

Finding contacts with user-defined fields
About 10% of my Contacts have two extra user-defined fields, CMADatabase and CMAContactIndex, which appear to have been added by either copying and pasting or playing with Small Business Contact Manager at some point. I can't import these contacts into another app from Outlook, therefore I need to replace them first I can do this by exporting them as vCards and reimporting them, however I don't know how to /find/ them without examining each contact individually, because the fields don't show up in "user defined fields in this folder". Is there another way of finding thi...

How Do I Find My Posts Here?
Sorry, but it's not obvious to me how I find my posts here. Doesn't seem to be a way of searching for my user name that I can see. Any help appreciated. Ironically, by posting this, I have found one way, i.e. by clicking on my user name in this post and searching for recent posts. Is there another way? "imacken" wrote: > Sorry, but it's not obvious to me how I find my posts here. Doesn't seem to > be a way of searching for my user name that I can see. > Any help appreciated. Try using a better news reader? http://www.insideoe.com/resou...

Excel user form interface
I am hoping someone can help me with the following problem. I have a form as the interface for an excel spreadsheet where a user enters the data into the form which in turn sends it to the spreadsheet. Unfortunately the worksheet is unprotected and user can therefore manipulate the data or formulas. I was wondering if anyone can help me with any lines of code that i will need to incorporate into my code so that the worksheet can be protected without causing errors when the user form is invoked. One way I believe may work is that the worksheet is initially protected. Once the user clicks on th...

mail users
Hi all, I have exchange 2000 and I need that all users have an internal mail but only some have external mail. How I can configure this? Please help me? thanks. Sorry for my English. ...

Autofill to last row in a database
I have a large file but it varies in size each month. When i recorded a macro the file seems to copy down the column in a fixed method as shown below- Selection.AutoFill Destination:=Range("H2:H15952") Range("H2:H15952").Select I was wondering what i can insert in these areas so that it will AutoFill automatically to the bottom row of column F no matter how many cells are present. Please help me out. Thanks -- Message posted via http://www.officekb.com Jon, Selection.AutoFill Destination:=Range("H2:H" & Range("F65536").End(xlUp).Row) HTH...

Can't find how to change Y-axis range to show new data in Excel Mac 12.2.4
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel I have a simple bar chart that I created some years ago in a previous version of Excel. I add data each month and it shows miles I drive per month over the year, very helpful to keep track of distance and gas mileage. I've extended the Y-axis range downward a few times before, but can't find out how to do it this time. I always install the latest updates from Microsoft and now I'm running Excel 2008 for Mac version 12.2.4 (100205). My Y-axis range in this chart starts at 800, but I drove only 772 miles ...

Start/stop Services for Power users
Does anyone know of a way to give start/stop Services permissions to our Power Users group? I know a GPO can be created to give permission to each seperate service but I would like to give start/atop permissions for _all_ services if possible. Thanks, Nick Actually the power-users group goes away in 2008, so for future-proofing your plans, you may want to reconsider this plan. What is the goal you are trying to accomplish? *WHY* do you want power-users to be able to restart services? -Cliff "Nick" <NoOne@NotHere.com> wrote in message news:uZ...

No webmail access for W98 users
We are running MS Exchange2003 on WServer2003. W98 & 95 users outside of our network are denied access to their web based email. IE displays "access denied" before reaching the login window. WinXP users have no problem. All our clients in network are XP Pro. Thanks to anyone who can help! -- HSWP-IT "hswpit" <hswpit@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message = news:C75CB0D9-B0B5-4F0A-83D5-ADDD5A76CE1B@microsoft.com... > We are running MS Exchange2003 on WServer2003. > W98 & 95 users outside of our network are denied access to their web = based=20 &g...

CRM should let me decouple conditional statements in Advanced Find
We have set up a number of saved searches in CRM 3.0 that users would like to use Save As to create a copy and then add search terms to. Unfortunately, CRM 3.0 does not allow you to decouple conditional statements once the search has been saved. In order to add an AND condition, this feature is required. -- Thanks, Justin ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the...