How to find merged records?

How to find merged inactive records with advanced find?
Or do I need to use e.g. workflow to put those to special marketing list?

If I'm understand right, those merged inactive record I can delete and still
save the data that is copied to active record.

Merged information is anyway on opened form "The record was merged with the
X recrd, and then deactivated." but it is too much work to open all
inactivated records (~50000)

Jukka Majander
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

Hi,

Have a look at this post:
http://crmdude.wordpress.com/2009/09/28/modifying-views-outside-microsoft-crm/.

Shafraz
--
Visit my blog: http://crmdude.wordpress.com/

"Jukka Majander" wrote:

> How to find merged inactive records with advanced find?
> Or do I need to use e.g. workflow to put those to special marketing list?
>
> If I'm understand right, those merged inactive record I can delete and still
> save the data that is copied to active record.
>
> Merged information is anyway on opened form "The record was merged with the
> X recrd, and then deactivated." but it is too much work to open all
> inactivated records (~50000)
>
> Jukka Majander

Spreadsheet won't let me merge cells. plse help.
I created a spreadsheet and had no problems adding rows and merging cells until today. Now the Merge Cells button is grayed out on my toolbar, and the spreadsheet will not let me merge cells. I have hit "ENTER" to "exit the editing mode" as per the MS website, but that didn't do squat. Please help. Is it protected? ************ Anne Troy www.OfficeArticles.com "carikermoon" <carikermoon@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:27203E8F-FD1C-4160-BA04-CC0EA38924DD@microsoft.com... >I created a spreadsheet and had no problems adding row...

Unshare Records all at once
Currently when I assign ownership of a record it automatically shares the record back with the original owner. Is there a way to "unshare" multiple records at one time instead of opening each record indivdually and undoing the sharing rule? I don't know off the top of my head of any supported way of bulk unshare of records. To stop the automatic sharing of records back to the original owner, there is a setting, from memory in settings - org settings to toggle sharing objects back with their original owner when they get assigned. That would resolve the problem for the future...

changing a record source
I have a button on my form to allow a user to search for a portfolio number. The user enters the number and then clicks O.K. on the form. What I want to happen is the form displays with the results. What currently happens is the screen goes blank. Here is my code: Form buttons: Private Sub cmdCancel_Click() DoCmd.Close acForm, frmSearchPortfolio End Sub Private Sub cmdOK_Click() If txtPortSearch = "" Then MsgBox " A portfolio number has not been entered." & vbCrLf & _ "Please enter a portfolio number or click cancel", v...

find deleted document from msword 2003
HELP!!!! I DELETED A LETTER IN WORD AND I WANT TO RETRIEVE IT. DOES ANYONE KNOW WHERE IT WENT AND HOW CAN I GET IT BACK. Look in the Recycle Bin. If you have deleted it from there, you are probably out of luck. -- Stefan Blom Microsoft Word MVP (Message posted via NNTP) "KRITCHSEED" <KRITCHSEED@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1D04D316-B874-4E1E-A86E-2B34CF53168E@microsoft.com... > HELP!!!! I DELETED A LETTER IN WORD AND I WANT TO RETRIEVE IT. DOES ANYONE > KNOW WHERE IT WENT AND HOW CAN I GET IT BACK. ...

Downloaded transactions incorrectly merged-Money 2004
Maybe this is just an option setting, but I download transactions from my bank on a regular basis. On a regular basis some of the transactions are incorrectly merged without any option to change the transaction (as can be done when it is simply just a match). It is a little annoying since the transactions merged have nothing to do with each other than the amount of the transaction. One example was a charitable donation being incorrectly merged with an ATM transaction. Is there some option I'm not seeing or setting to prevent this from happening. Generally, I want the program to m...

Can dll find path where it's running from
hi, I made a mfc-using dll, can I have it programatically find itself so it knows where on the hard drive it is being run from? This is In order to find itself to load its manifest because I want to have it programatically load its own manifest instead of using resource id 2. Or even better... In the documentation of the CreateActCtx function, http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa375125(VS.85).aspx there is a reference to ACTCTX_FLAG_MANIFESTSTREAM_REQUEST flag, and the ManifestStream member of ACTCTX however neither exist in my Visual Studio. Do these really exist? "alexl&quo...

Order By not working when record source set by vba
I had a continuous form in my database which was bound to 1 query and filtered it based on combo box values. All the fields (apart from the combos) where locked and disabled to make them view only. The form also had labels for each of the columns and if you clicked it, vba code would order the form by that column's data, click another label and it would orderby that column instead. All was fine until i decided that it would be more efficent if the form used different queries for each of the criteria instead of holding all the records in memory and filtering them. That fea...

CRM 3.0/4.0: Views to show record that is created X Days Ago
I have a simple requirement to create a View with condition that the record is created x days ago, for example the record that is created 3 days ago. The only operator that is available for datetime (e.g. createdon) is only Last X Days, which if i show Last 3 Days, will show the records that were created today, yesterday, and 2 days ago. Is there any operator or any way to show the record that were created 3 days ago? I try to put condition "createdon Last 3 Days" and "NOT createdon Last 2 days", but there is no "NOT" operator in CRM. I try to insert new attribut...

CAN'T FIND EXEL!!!!!
I have XP on my laptop. I can,t finf exel anywhere. Tried through a search and nothing. Please,please help -- Dog Mad When you say you have "XP" on your laptop, I assume you are talking about Windows XP. Excel isn't included with Windows. You must purchase it separately. -- Cordially, Chip Pearson Microsoft MVP - Excel Pearson Software Consulting, LLC www.cpearson.com "Dog Mad" <DogMad@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5474728F-C3EF-42D9-BFEE-BCA870D0C72D@microsoft.com... >I have XP on my laptop. I can,t finf exel anywhere. Tried >...

recording a stocks transfer from one broker to another in Money
Hello, I recently transferred equities from one brokerage to another. Does any one have any recommendations as to best reflect the transfer? There were some associated fees with the transfer, so those will need to be captured as well. Any thoughts or suggestions would be appreciated. -b In microsoft.public.money, -b wrote: > >I recently transferred equities from one brokerage to another. Does >any one have any recommendations as to best reflect the transfer? >There were some associated fees with the transfer, so those will need >to be captured as well. Any thoughts or sugges...

can not find graphic convert for Publisher 2000
- some of these convereters maybe missing. If so where do I find new grahic converters Although reinstalled Publisher 2000 will not draw up photos. States that need Graphic Converter. No sign of them on MS site. Have cleared PC of all old publisher but still no luck in using it again. It still states can not convert picture Martyn Long Hi Martyn Long (Martyn Long@discussions.microsoft.com), in the newsgroups you posted: || - some of these convereters maybe missing. If so where do I find || new grahic converters Although reinstalled Publisher 2000 will not || draw up photos. States ...

Where can I find a forum to help with writing sql reports?
I've been asked to write a lot of SQL reports lately and I need to find a place like this that I can ask question on how to get header to repeat on different pages and how to put one text box on top another etc. etc. Can someone point me to somewhere I can ask these questions? I have a MSDN subscription so I'd like a MS site where they are obligated to give me help. Thanks. On Mon, 17 May 2010 16:43:11 -0400, cj2 <cj2@nospam.nospam> wrote: >I've been asked to write a lot of SQL reports lately and I need to find >a place like this that I can ask quest...

Find team name with highest winning % over multiple years (worksheets)
I am sorting team win/loss data with each year having its own worksheet. On a separate worksheet I list the top 5 highest winning % by using LARGE('2009:2004'!E2:E14). I would like to put the team name and worksheet name in the column adjacent to this. The winning % column is four columns to the right of the team name column. I tried using OFFSET(LARGE('2009:2004'!E2:E14),0,-4), but excel is complaining that the formula I'm entering contains an error. VLookup doesn't appear to work because it will only search on the first column (which is the team name column). I ...

Converting dates to current dates to find out the evaluation date
Hi, I am trying to take the date of hire for a list of employees. For emample, I need the hire date of 3/3/1990 to populate the 6 mos eval due this year and the yearly due this year. I was able to figure out the dates by adding the values of 182 and 365, but the year stays the same. Perhaps using the DateSerial function will give you the desired results. DateSerial(Year(Date()),Month([HireDate]),Day([HireDate])) as Annual AND DateSerial(Year(Date()),Month([HireDate])+6,Day([HireDate])) as 6Month Those should return 3/3/2010 and 9/3/2010 John Spencer Access MVP 2002-2...

Update record 06-16-06
When we update the school record (e.g. phone no., address, territory or any info that should be the same as the parent school) it needs to also update the associated contacts. If this possible, can anyone give a best way to do this thanks Steven Assuming you are using the Account entity for the School record, you can create a mapping between fields. If you go to customizations, account, relationships, there you can create a new mapping between fields by opening the Account to Contact parental realtionship. "steven" wrote: > When we update the school record (e.g. phone ...

Calendar appointment search/find
In Outlook 2007, in calendar I do a "Search All Calendar Items" for a particular item that I clearly see in front of me. But the search comes up empty. The search status for index had 0 - - and now has 6,700+ but still it didn't find the item. Questions: 1.) Why must I go to "system" to do indexing? Why doesn't Outlook do it on a regular basis? 2.) Why can I not find things in the search? 3.) In general, why does one have to index? I thought indexing was used to speed up searches. But in my case, it can't find anything. Has the search...

Filter more than 1000 unique records
Hi I want to use the auto filter option for a worksheet that contains atleast 40,000 records of which there are approximately 10,000 unique records. It seems that filter only takes the first 1,000 unique records and ignores the rest. Will be grateful if anyone can show how to workaround this. I am using excel 2002. AutoFilter doesn't ignore unique vaues after the first 1,000, it just doesn't display them in the dropdown. You can check this by creating a custom filter. See Debra Dalgleish's tip for a workaround: http://www.contextures.com/xlautofilter02.html#Limits In a...

Mail Merge with Yes/No
I have input a field in my table that is a yes/no field, selecting which of my customers are due for a test. I would like to be able to take the records I have selected and merge them into a Publisher letter. How can I do this without all of my records; only the ones I have selected as due. I am also needing fields on my forms that are like a mini database where I can input each time they have ordered(dates) on separate lines. I am not one for giving advise, but you will have to do a query using the yes/no field. I take it this is a checkbox. Build a query and type yes in the criter...

where I can find my signatures?
where I can find my signatures file on my computer?in which folder? I searched my computer but I couldnt find it.... wonderwhy <gpl666666@hotmail.com> wrote: > where I can find my signatures file on my computer?in which folder? > I searched my computer but I couldnt find it.... %AppData%\Microsoft\Signatures -- Brian Tillman ...

publisher mail merge #4
having pulled out most of my hair i have decided to ask the experts. Using Pub 2003 i have made wedding invitations for a friend, two full width, half height (portrait) per page and i only need to merge the names, if i create a custom set page up for two per page and select multiple copies per sheet, when i merge the lower one is identical (i.e not moved on to next record). I have tried custom page and both normal merge and cat merge, I have tried full page with catalogue merge expanding the cat box to have two merges per page, this works but i cant expand the cat box low enough to line up w...

mail merge/merging 2 address lists...
Is there a way to merge two of your address lists in Publisher 2002? I have two address lists in my data base folder and would like all the addresses merged into one as there are some addresses different in each and some the same. Thank you. Robin Hi Robin (vicary@kconline.com.NOSPAM), in the Microsoft� newsgroups you posted: || Is there a way to merge two of your address lists in Publisher 2002? || I have two address lists in my data base folder and would like all || the addresses merged into one as there are some addresses different || in each and some the same. No, you cannot. You nee...

Excel +won't +merge cells in a column. Is my formatting blocking .
-- Blue Heeler1 to Outlook User Improvement community & wizards Hi, Rather cryptic message in the body? More details on the cells to be merged and messages returned if any. Cheers, Shane DEvenshire "Blue Heeler1" wrote: > > -- > Blue Heeler1 to Outlook User Improvement community & wizards Ditto Blue Heeler's prob. I want to merge Col. A and Column B. (Last name = Col. A; First name = col. B) I can select both, but where to I find a merge command? The "merge and center" command is not lit up so that won't work. "Blue Heeler...

New record added when debugging but not when running normally
This is weird. I was having a problem with a form writing to a table so I was running the debug to step through the code to see what the problem was. Once I figured it out and ran through the code again with the debug tool, the records added to the table correctly. Howevever, as soon as I turn off the toggle point and try to use the form, none of the data will write to the table....... Can anyone tell me what is happening here? On Mon, 3 Dec 2007 16:19:02 -0800 (PST), Opal <tmwelton@rogers.com> wrote: >This is weird. I was having a problem with a form writing >to a table so ...

Finding records between two dates
I have a table of data, and I have created a UserForm for me to enter a start and finish date. These dates should then be used as criteria for finding records between those two dates (and including them: >=startdate and <=enddate). I've tried using Data/Filter/Autofiler and the custom option to specify the "greater/less than or equal to" options, but I have to pick the startdate from the list of dates shown. I've tried creating a criteria range, but can't find how to specify after the startdate AND before the enddate - using more than one row creates an ...

formatting for mail merge
When I enter text, then alt-enter, there is a "return" when I mail merge - but if I do another alt-enter to create a blank space, that one doesn't merge. Example in the excel cell, I type: dsfkdfjkfj ;akdfjdkjf ;kdjf df alt-enter alt-enter asldefj alskdjfk ;akfj dflkj alt-enter I want this to export as: dsfkdfjkfj ;akdfjdkjf ;kdjf df asldefj alskdjfk ;akfj dflkj But it exports as: dsfkdfjkfj ;akdfjdkjf ;kdjf df asldefj alskdjfk ;akfj dflkj Any way to fix this? Since one return works, why doesn't the second one? Thanks! Maybe try ...