How to do 'OR' and 'ELSE' logic in Workflow

Hi

I am using MS CRM 3.0.

I want to set up 'OR' logic in my workflow rules, e.i. if x OR y do
something.  I can't see a way of doing this, does anyone know if it is
possible or do you have to create two if's with the same action?

Also, can you have a number of if... else if.... statements followed by a
final catch all else statement?

Thanks
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

ELSE you can do by putting in an ELSE IF and leaving out any condition

OR on the other hand requires some more work. No that it is documented but
the if conditions would appear to be AND. The only way I have come up with to
create an
if to use elseif for each or option. If the actions you have to take as a
result of the or condition are more than one however this will require quite
some work to enter not to mention maintain. What you can do to lighten the
load for yourself here is to stick these actions into another workflow rule
with event manual. And call this rule as a sub process in each of the else if
cases of the 'OR' statement.

I would like to see this sort of functionality OR (and loops for that
matter) in the workflow rules. The same editor as the Advanced find would be
great for this. Lets keep our fingers crossed and wait for the next version

--
Patrick Verbeeten (MCSD)
Lead Developer

"Oolybel" wrote:

> Hi
>
> I am using MS CRM 3.0.
>
> I want to set up 'OR' logic in my workflow rules, e.i. if x OR y do
> something.  I can't see a way of doing this, does anyone know if it is
> possible or do you have to create two if's with the same action?
>
> Also, can you have a number of if... else if.... statements followed by a
> final catch all else statement?
>
> Thanks
I really need an OR as well.  i want to have a rule that upon creation of a
case it will wait for x OR z.  any one have a clue how i can do this?

"Oolybel" wrote:

> Hi
>
> I am using MS CRM 3.0.
>
> I want to set up 'OR' logic in my workflow rules, e.i. if x OR y do
> something.  I can't see a way of doing this, does anyone know if it is
> possible or do you have to create two if's with the same action?
>
> Also, can you have a number of if... else if.... statements followed by a
> final catch all else statement?
>
> Thanks

dictionaries and else
Hi, I have recently bought a MacBook and would like to ask you whether the dictionaries installed in Office software vary between countries (if I buy Office in the US, for example, what dictionaries does it come with, and if I do the same in Switzerland, same question). And I would also appreciate your general comments on Office 2004 and Intel-Macs. Thanks. Depends on what you mean by dictionaries. If you mean things that offer definitions, all versions of Office 2004, whether English or other languages, only offer English language definitions for English words. If you mean the ability to...

CRM 4 Automated Workflow
Hello, I have a question around the new workflow in CRM4. I'd like to have a process that runs daily, not triggered by an update in CRM4. Here's the scenario... When a contract's end date is within 2 months of coming due, I'd like to create a new opportunity to renew the contract. Also, it'd be nice to send an email alert about the expiration of the contract. Can the workflow configuration run and check conditions daily or something to validate that the contract end date is within 2 months of the current date. I'm not seeing an option quite like this, b...

Automatic forwarding to another user account based on some logic
Is it possible to forward emails to DIFFERENT email accounts automatically based upon the user alias on the subject line. The rule wizard allows forwarding emails to predefined email address, but is there anything can be done to forward email to user account on the subject line? Such as a custom action or a script etc? Thanks for any help provided! ...

workflow error 08-23-06
Hello, I am trying to create a very simple rule (in the case created event), but nothing happens when the case is created. I got this error in the event viewer, Can anybody help me? I will appreciate any help :-) The workflow monitor does not show anyhing. Event Type: Error Event Source: MSCRMWorkflowService Event Category: None Event ID: 16649 Date: 23/08/2006 Time: 12:28:49 p.m. User: N/A Computer: SVRTIMOVILPUB Description: Condition {3B8DC015-F22E-DB11-8446-000E0CA0B344} failed in step {398DC015-F22E-DB11-8446-000E0CA0B344} of process instance {2A8DC015-F22E-DB11-8446-000E0CA0B344...

CRM 3.0: No workflow support for Guids!?
Am I right to say that Microsoft has taken away the functionality to use Guid's in the workflow. I can no longer create email links to the entity, and I still can't even send a GUID to an assembly. What am I overlooking, or what has Microsoft completely overlooked? Thanks. ...

simple workflow wont activate
Hi, i've started experimenting with workflows, but results are not inspiring The question/problem, my workflow wont activate : I'm using a Dutch version of CRM i'll translate steps as accurate as possible I create a simple workflow: Entity : Task (Name: TEST) (Description: TEST) Entity : Task When a task is being made: if: Task.Priority = High then: Phone Call: thelephone End if: Wait 5 minutes after task is made So, when i create a activity task, and select priority high (save it) then the logical owner should get an activivity (phone call), this task ends 5 minutes after...

e-mail on a workflow
I have made a customization that makes an e-mail to automatically be sent when you change an attribute. Does anyone have a solution that makes the e-mail to pop-up instead so you manually can edit it and send it!? On Apr 24, 4:50=A0am, Martin <Mar...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I have made a customization that makes an e-mail to automatically be sent > when you change an attribute. Does anyone have a solution that makes the > e-mail to pop-up instead so you manually can edit it and send it!? I recently wrote a blog entry about something similar; creating a button to ...

Lead time in a workflow
We are trying to add a field that would allow a user to enter number of days that would then be a conditional statement in a workflow. Would anybody have any idea what attribute type we should use and the basic workflow steps and type? Old School Hello Old School, You should use integer attribute type and you just click on settings on the left nav bar on Microsoft CRM and click on Workflow on the left navbar , create new workflow and select the type of entity you want to use and after that the workflow designer window will open to you so you can add a conditional branch and in the...

Has anybody else had very bad corruption?
About two weeks ago I went into MS Money like I do every day, but I noticed that my account balances were very off. As I scanned all of my accounts I noticed that all of a sudden I had alot of duplicate transactions. Not only in accounts that I autosync with (Citibank) but with accounts I maintain manually also. There was no rhyme or reason to it - and it was spread over mot of my accounts. At first I tried the salvage/super salvage utilities. No help. Then I decided to go in and just delete the dups. They were easy to spot - they were all unreconciled. I then found out that I could not delet...

Automatically import/export workflow
Hello. I'm working on a redeploiment tool for CRM 3.0 pro. I mean a tool to automatically import all customizations (customizations, callouts, workflow, data...) of a CRM to another one. Is there a way to automatically (from a program, not manually) import/export workflow rules ? I know there exist web services for callouts import/export, is there the same for workflow rules. Regards, I don't think so. Workflow import/export is handled by a separate application and cannot be accessed through any of the CRM web services -- David Jennaway - Microsoft Dynamics CRM MVP Web: http://...

Editing Workflows breaks Entity Forms
We have a rather strange issue where we loose functionality in one of our screens if someone views the workflows. It is rather odd and I cannot see why. We have various custom loigic on the onload event on our organization entity and when we view the workflows that event seems to either fail or it does not fire. To make it work again we have to republish the customizations. Has anyone else encountered this? Regards, Neil Something is wrong. I would verify that to confirm the pattern and if it is reproduceable - open a support case with microsoft crm support. Good luck. Frank Lee,...

Workflow Sales Process without Probability
In v1.2, the Workflow Manager forces you to enter a Probability as the stage of an opportunity proceeds. We do not tie our close probability directly to the stage of an opportunity. Is there a way to either: 1) not have the probability determined by the sales process, or 2) have the probability that is determined by WF to be overwritten automatically depending on the value of a separate pick list? -- Carroll Little Vis.align, LLC 610-692-3290 x3326 www.visalign.com Dear Carroll, You might want to create a regular workflow instead of a sales process. This way you can define your pro...

how to make workflow using security roles
i want to make a workflow which should have three level of security. if i change a role of user the users working under that user get a email that your manager has changed. How will i create it. i created a view in ms crm database and i want to access it in crm4.0. how will i used it. Hello. Need more on the security level requirement, but for having a workflow that generates an email that notifies a user when their manager changes, I would probably just use a callout on the manager field to start the workflow, or if the email is the only thing you are trying to do when this condition ex...

Performance Problem and the Logical Disk Manager service
I am experiencing a number of related (I believe) issues with one of my old PCs. I have just reinstalled Windows XP. The machine has two S-ATA drives, one old, the other brand new - and now hosting seven partitions including the C Drive. The rebuild was going well (the machine is currently at XP SP2 ) until I deleted a partition on the older drive – I did this from the Disk Management console. Immediately thereafter I encountered problems: all of the NTFS partitions on that disk appeared to have been deleted, and when I re-booted the machine the disk was no longer visible in the ...

question about workflow and Business Units
I creates a workflow with a user from a specific business unit with no sub units. The user who created the account has system admin role. I was suprised that the workflow rule would not run automatically for another user with system administrator role, but a different business unit. I could run it manually just fine, but it would not run automatically. I was under the impression, that this was the way to create workflows so that users could not manually execute these workflows. -Elie Wildman. If you don't want a user role to be able to execute workflow rules, you can edit the role...

Suppress records based on VBA logic
I want to create a report that compares values in 2 sequential records from a table, then decides whether to print the pair of records (with a descriptive message) or whether to print nothing for that pair of records. I have plenty of IT experience, but little Access and no VBA experience. From what I've read, I assume VBA can permit values from one record to be saved for comparison with the next sequential record. Can someone guide me on how to suppress printing records when the VBA logic determines that nothing should be printed for the pair of records? ALso, is the sequence of...

Workflow synchronization
Question Hi all, I have a workflow A that is supposed to run a child workflow B which take sometime to complete and then A updates an entity according to a process that was done by the child workflow B. My problem is that after workflow A fire workflow B it continue to the update process without waiting for B to complete Is there any way to assure that B has been completed before continue executing A Please note that waiting a random time is not acceptable by the work process and also the idea of B calls back when finish is not acceptable by the business requirement. Anyone know a go...

Workflow Rules problem
Hi, I'm testing some workflow rules and so far they work, but: The rule is working only if I manually 'Apply' the rule to a specific contact(opportunity). It is not working for All contacts(opportunities). The test rule is based 'on change' and it is looking for defined value of a picklist field... If I apply the rule and change the field - it is working. Am I missing something about the workflow rules? Do I need to publish the rule or something... (it is already active)? Thanks in advance! Miro The On Change event only works on the STATE field (the status you can c...

Workflow Manager does not start 04-22-04
I have new installation of CRM 1.2. While starting Workflow Manager it's showing this message "The specified Microsoft CRM Server is not reponding. This might happen if it is currently unavaliable...." or sometimes it gives "You do not have sufficient permission to run workflow manager. for more information , contact your system administrator. Please Help Rakesh I have the same problem. Let me ask you if you do have any icons for the WEB GUI I have the following shortcuts [Deployment Mgr + Workflow Export/Import/Manager/Monitor. I am quite lost and don't know wha...

prevent workbook opening if already open by someone else
We have a workbook that several people work with. Obviously if someone tries to open the workbook while someone else is already working on it they receive a warning. Is there any way to prevent them opening the workbook if someone else has it open? ...

Workflow, using a timer?
hi, i'm confused about how the timer works when creating a workflow. Lets say i want a workflow that checks that after a lead is being made, and no changes have been made in the lead for the next ten minutes, a task will be sent to someone that he should qualify the lead. This is what i do: Type entity: Lead Create When a lead is created if lead.changed on is null (rough translation i'm using Dutch CRM) then wait for 10 minutes (option 1; from now on) end if Task:please upgrade leads When a lead is being created the task instantly appears, but i want it to appear only w...

Workflow 4.0 create order & order products-Maybe silly but I misse
Hello, I'm trying to create an order and all the products for a specific order type via a workflow so all the user has to do is to run the workflow manually and it will create the order and all the related products for them. I was able to create the order, but can't figure out how to populate it with the products, am I missing something obvious? I see how I could create products, but that is an acutal product in inventory not as part of the order? Is this a bug? thanks Hi, Write the workflow in such a way to create a product with order details. Sailaja. I know that'...

Workflow runs when manually fired but not automatic
I have tried everything that I can think of. Something that should be simple. Email to Case Application with EmailRouter pointed to email queu. Workflow determines Account by what is contained in the Subject of Email. Creates case with correct account accordingly.This fires and creates without issue, manually. Automatically, however, no luck. Workflow Expansion task states "succeeded". Case is not created. No errors, application events, etc. Any ideas, /jtk ...

Workflow Activities 08-31-06
There is a workflow wait condition that waits on activity condition. I've got nothing showing in my drop-down box. Where are these activities setup? ------=_NextPart_0001_0949B76F Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Hi Cindy, Thanks for the post. I will need to take a look at this to see where the list of activities is generated. Thanks for your patience! Kind regards, Mike ====================================================== PLEASE NOTE: The partner managed newsgroups are provided to assist with break/fix issues and simple how to questions. =======...

CRM 4.0 workflow.config error
Hi, I am getting the following in my trace log in CRM 4.0. "The DotNetAssembly upgrade failed: Microsoft.Crm.CrmException: Failed validating the workflow.config file. The 'entity' attribute is not declared." The workflow.config is fine and contains a parameter as follows: <parameter name="AccountID" datatype="lookup" entityname="account" attribute="accountid"/> I know that it is calling the workflow step though because an earlier error was fixed when I changed the config of the step. Does anyone know what is going on? CRM 4...