How to disable "delete opportunity" menu item and action?

I have the need to disable the "delete opportunity" functionality, forcing
users to "close" the opportunity with a reason.

This update needs to be in two places:

  1)  Sales\Opportunities main screen, where there is the delete "X" on the
screen.
  2)  Opportunity main form, where there is <Action\Delete Opportunity>.

Can someone assist with a reference on how to make this happen?

Thanks.

Steve.
0
ungaio (5)
1/17/2008 2:58:00 PM
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

Suggest you look at user role settings in order to accomplish this.
-Chris
0
chris.cohen (132)
1/17/2008 4:51:38 PM
There is no supported method to remove the interface elements. However what
you can do is create a pre-delete callout which will allways return an error
message and therefor not allow the user to delete the opportunity. This does
require custom developement.
--
Patrick Verbeeten (MCPD)
Lead Developer

Extended Entity and Plug-in browser:
http://www.patrickverbeeten.com/maps/CrmTool.aspx

"ungaio" wrote:

> I have the need to disable the "delete opportunity" functionality, forcing
> users to "close" the opportunity with a reason.
>
> This update needs to be in two places:
>
>   1)  Sales\Opportunities main screen, where there is the delete "X" on the
> screen.
>   2)  Opportunity main form, where there is <Action\Delete Opportunity>.
>
> Can someone assist with a reference on how to make this happen?
>
> Thanks.
>
> Steve.
0
Patrick2861 (490)
1/17/2008 4:54:00 PM
This gets rid of the menu item in the Opportunity dialog box.

var DisableOpt = document.getElementById("_MIonActionMenuClickdelete3");
DisableOpt.style.display='none';

Now I just have to figure out where the "X" for delete is (in some menu
bar?) and figure out if it can be suppressed somehow.

Thanks.
0
ungaio (5)
1/17/2008 5:31:01 PM
This code will do the job, but remember that this type of code is not
supported by Microsoft !

Marcelo Jarretta
MCPD, MCTS, MCSD, MCDBA, MCSE, MCT, MCBMSP

"ungaio" <ungaio@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> This gets rid of the menu item in the Opportunity dialog box.
>
> var DisableOpt = document.getElementById("_MIonActionMenuClickdelete3");
> DisableOpt.style.display='none';
>

> Now I just have to figure out where the "X" for delete is (in some menu
> bar?) and figure out if it can be suppressed somehow.
>
> Thanks.

0
mjarretta (3)
1/18/2008 2:59:13 AM
What's wrong with removing opportunity delete rights on these users
roles?
-Chris
0
chris.cohen (132)
1/18/2008 9:18:05 AM
ChrisC is right, use roles to remove opportunity delete rights it's the best
solution

--

"ChrisC" <chris.cohen@vizola.com> wrote in message
> What's wrong with removing opportunity delete rights on these users
> roles?
> -Chris

0
mjarretta (3)

How to disable "delete opportunity" menu item and action?
I have the need to disable the "delete opportunity" functionality, forcing users to "close" the opportunity with a reason. This update needs to be in two places: 1) Sales\Opportunities main screen, where there is the delete "X" on the screen. 2) Opportunity main form, where there is <Action\Delete Opportunity>. Can someone assist with a reference on how to make this happen? Thanks. Steve. Suggest you look at user role settings in order to accomplish this. -Chris There is no supported method to remove the interface elements. However what you c...

Delete Opportunity product while deleting opportunity is not allow
I would like to allow users to delete Opportunity products and I'd like to not allow them to delete Opportunity. Is there a way to do this est regards ...