How to create an entity like Marketing List?

I wanna create an entity like Marketing List called Product List. It's a list
of products.

How can I do this, anyone can help?
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

First: Why don´t you use the product catalog in CRM? Don´t you like it?
Second: Are you firm in editing XML Files? If not it´s a hard way to
customize an entity like marketinglist

"dorekofu" wrote:

> I wanna create an entity like Marketing List called Product List. It's a list
> of products.
>
> How can I do this, anyone can help?
I need a new entity, not product catalogue.
I think I'll find how to edit the XML file. You have any idea?
Thanks.

"Carsten" wrote:

> First: Why don´t you use the product catalog in CRM? Don´t you like it?
> Second: Are you firm in editing XML Files? If not it´s a hard way to
> customize an entity like marketinglist
>
> "dorekofu" wrote:
>
> > I wanna create an entity like Marketing List called Product List. It's a list
> > of products.
> >
> > How can I do this, anyone can help?
You only need to export all Entities append to marketinglist and of course
this entity too, analyze the attributes and relationsships. Then create a new
entity, export this too and you have all the "standard" attributes, views and
relationships. Now you can add the attributes and relationships you have
found and customize your new entity. Of course you can copy and paste some
attributes and just rename them with your Customization-Prefix "XXX_". It´s
nothing for beginners. And at least you´ll import the new entities.

Keep in mind: You have to analyze all entities which have a relationship to
marketinglist to build an exact copy.

Of course you can build your new entity within crm, create relationships and
attributes. But if you´re firm in editing XML files you´re much faster. If
not, ask an implementation partner, they can do this for you.

Happy Customizing

That´s all.

"dorekofu" wrote:

> I need a new entity, not product catalogue.
> I think I'll find how to edit the XML file. You have any idea?
> Thanks.
>
> "Carsten" wrote:
>
> > First: Why don´t you use the product catalog in CRM? Don´t you like it?
> > Second: Are you firm in editing XML Files? If not it´s a hard way to
> > customize an entity like marketinglist
> >
> > "dorekofu" wrote:
> >
> > > I wanna create an entity like Marketing List called Product List. It's a list
> > > of products.
> > >
> > > How can I do this, anyone can help?

create company fail
Hi, At the last step in the utilities, the create company info failed. When I upgraded the company with the red X, the last step crashed. I saw the company in SQL, but I can't see in the GP -- Eric Eric, What are you trying to do? Create a new company or upgrade an existing one? Frank Hamelly MCP-GP, MCT, MVP East Coast Dynamics www.eastcoast-dynamics.com blog: www.gp2themax.blogspot.com I like to create a new company, at the last step, the step crashed. I saw this new company in the SQL and I selected this new co again in utilities for complete the step but the step always ...

how to clear automatic folder list when moving email messages

HOW TO USE NOT LIKE EXPRESSION
How to not select certain multiple criteria. I want to not select certain contractor codes. I tried the not like function but can't get it to work on not selecting multiple contractors. I tried to setup the formula like this: Not like "Vic" or not like "Pioneer" or not like "Bud" but this does not work. How do I setup an expression to not select VIC, PIONEER OR BUD (AND MANY OTHER CONTRACTORS)? Thanks "Vic" NOT LIKE "Vic" OR "Vic" NOT LIKE "pioneer" evaluates to False OR ...

How do I change the Customized Entity icon?
Hi All, The customized entities have a default icon, any idea how to change that? Nir. Settings-->Customization-->Customize Entities. Select your custom entity in the list. On the toolbar, click More Actions-->Update Icons. Then you can browse for a suitable image. Dave "Niel100" <niryon5@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1146051234.267479.244180@i39g2000cwa.googlegroups.com... > Hi All, > > The customized entities have a default icon, any idea how to change > that? > > Nir. > ...

why no video format for my windows media creating dvd
my creating dvd has only data format; have seen some references to video format as well. this prevents me from copying movies, tv shows to a dvd that can then be shown on another dvd player "webbnc" <webbnc@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6A5FE37C-8D1C-42D1-A095-4C34BD721155@microsoft.com... > my creating dvd has only data format; have seen some references to video > format as well. this prevents me from copying movies, tv shows to a dvd > that > can then be shown on another dvd player Your question may be better answered in a news...

Excel sort lists with missing values
I need to sort columns of text (with some missing words) to line u against a complete column of text. This would thus leave a blank ro for the missing words in the incomplete column. Suggestions? Thanks -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com I guessed that you'd have headers in Row 1. And your data started in Row 2. I also guessed that your masterlist was in column A. This worked ok for me: Option Explicit Sub testme01() Dim MstrArray As Variant Dim colArray As Variant Dim iCol As Long Dim ictr As Long Dim FirstErrorRow As Long Dim ErrorRow As Long...

Print preview look different than the page I am creating
I created a poster on a page 8.5 x 11. I use a background gray that fills the entire page. When I select Print Preview, there is a white border around the page. Why is this and how do I get rid of it? Is this just to frame my poster and doesn't it print on the page? I'd like to know before I print because this will use up a lot of ink that I don't wish to waste. "DTravz" <DTravz@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4B7AF632-28B0-4610-BA34-D25886401C2E@microsoft.com... > I created a poster on a page 8.5 x 11. I use a background gray that fills th...

products and price list items to be user owned
In CRM3.0 if you have access to products you have access to all price list items in the product catalogue. This presents a problem with large organizations where we see the requriement for the salespeople to only see the price list items for their business unit and the price list items visibiliy accross organization is a big no-no. Product and price list items need to be user owned (or there need to be a way to switch over from the organization owned to user owned setting). Thanks, Sergei ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggesti...

Size of the drowpdow list of a combo box
Below is my attempt at creating a combo box. The item is correctly displayed, but the dropdown list has a size of zero. How can I change this so I can see the options? Thanks for your help. Miguel HWND hWnd = GetSafeHwnd(); CWnd *dialog = CWnd::FromHandle(hWnd); RECT ctlRect; ctlRect.left = 130; ctlRect.top = 50; ctlRect.right = 220; ctlRect.bottom = 80; outputVolumeCB = new CComboBox(); ret = outputVolumeCB->Create(WS_VSCROLL|CBS_DROPDOWN|CBS_DISABLENOSCROLL|CBS_HASST RINGS,ctlRect,dialog,102); outputVolumeCB->ShowWindow(SW_SHOW); outputVolumeCB->AddString(&qu...

creating a report for an access pivot table
Hello, Could anyone advise me on how to create an access report for a pivot table that was created using access. I tried using subreports but I could not export the pivot table to neither word nor excel... Thank you very much. Nora hi Nora, On 19.02.2010 14:20, noorhanabbas wrote: > Could anyone advise me on how to create an access report for a pivot table > that was created using access. > I tried using subreports but I could not export the pivot table to neither > word nor excel... Do you want an Access report or an Excel export of it? The Excel expor...

using publisher to create a report card
Is there a way to create a report cardwith publisher so that teachers can type into the spaces, but they cant change the text? I guess the easiest way is to put the text on the master page, and just have a table you can tab through on the actual page. -- -Robin Corn, Ontarget www.windowlight.co.nz/ontarget/publisher Publisher Resource Site. "Rob" <rwyner@spoint.wnyric.org> wrote in message news:060d01c3563e$0e546980$a501280a@phx.gbl... > Is there a way to create a report cardwith publisher so > that teachers can type into the spaces, but they cant > change the text...

Why does Money 2005 work like molasses?
See http://umpmfaq.info/faqdb.php?q=4. "Ara" <arakafafian@sympatico.ca> wrote in message news:9htLd.2595$Ck1.563175@news20.bellglobal.com... > > Because it's winter? -- Chris Cowles Gainesville, FL "Ara" <arakafafian@sympatico.ca> wrote in message news:9htLd.2595$Ck1.563175@news20.bellglobal.com... > > It's a feature! "Ara" wrote: > > > ...

Creating Access 2007 Database Question
I am not sure where to post this question. I remember finding a forum just for Microsoft Access 2007 questions, but I couldn't find it again... Indifferent Anyway, I have created a database, and have been testing it with my application. I have some data in this database. I was wondering if there was a way in Microsoft Access 2007 to create an empty copy of the database for release. In other words, I would like to create a copy of the database with all of the tables and columns, but without the data (rows) that I had entered as part of using my testing database... Does anyone...

Create Graph in Pop Up Window
Dear All, Does anyone know of an add-in / macro that creates a graph in a small pop-up window, which would update live as data is entered? I'm using XP Thanks Trevor ...

Outlook Junk Filter- I have it on Safe List
I'm running Outlook 2003 with the latest update. Looking at my Safe Sender's list, there are only email addresses and all appear to be valid to me. I have checked automatically trust email from my Contacts list and automatically add people that I email to the Safe Sender's List. Same with Safe Recipients List. I have one blocked sender (that idiot- support@citibank) and have done nothing with Internationsl settings. I HAVE created several rules that mainly block certain words in the body. I'm puzzled as to why, with that tight level of filtering, why so much still gets...

Duplicate Contact lists after Exchange 2003 upgrade
I replaced a Windows 2000 server with Exchange 5.5 with a new Windows 2003 server with Exchange 2003. I also upgraded all clients from Outlook 2000 to Outlook 2003. Upon completion, all users when they click on the "To" of a new message, see Contacts twice. The top one fails and the bottom one pulls up their contacts from their personal Contacts list. How can I delete the first failing contacts list? Have you tried creating a new profile? -- Ed Crowley MVP - Exchange "Protecting the world from PSTs and brick backups!" "MikeO" <MikeO@discussions.micr...

How do I use excel spreadsheets created in Excel 2000 atwork on my
I use documents on my laptop at work which uses excel 2000, my home pc has microsoft works - so excel is more up to date. Other than using Excel Viewer, which means that I can't adapt documents, what options do I have for using the documents on both computers? hi, option 1. purchase excel for your home pc. option 2. see option 1. Regards Frank >-----Original Message----- >I use documents on my laptop at work which uses excel 2000, my home pc has >microsoft works - so excel is more up to date. Other than using Excel >Viewer, which means that I can't adapt docume...

Something like "ping" for windows messages.
Hi, I'm pretty new to Windows messaging. I want to measure how responsive my application is to messages. I thought about doing a SetTimer(1000) and measuring how near to a 1 second interval the WM_TIMER message is processed. Then average it out over 10 messages and log it. Then I thought there might already be a tool that runs as an external process and sends some standard message and measures how quick a response is recieved. The equivalent of "ping" in network terms. Is there such a thing? Otherwise, I'll write a little app to send a message to my application. Bette...

Flickering in list control
Hai friends i create a view derived from CListView. In that list view i add the items like in list control . Here if i update the items with rate of 10 milliseconds then i getting flicker. If i disable the OnEraseBkGrd () and return always TRUE then the flicker problem get solved but when i shake the window then the current window background getting damaged by some other background and it is never getting erased. how can i overwrite this problem thanks in advance bye Put the OnEraseBkGnd() back the way it was and put m_ListCtrl.SetRedraw(FALSE), m_ListCtrl.SetRe...

Create picture catalog from current product codes
Any one who knows how to create a catalog of pictures in a=20 spreadsheet, from a list of product codes, that=20 automatically adds the pictures from a specific product=20 code list and creates links from the product code to the=20 specific cell in which the picture is positioned. Thanks=A1 Hi Julio, Merge Pictures and Words - Oh My!, by Cindy Meister, creates a catalog from text wording and external pictures from an Excel database. [photos, photographs] http://www.computorcompanion.com/LMMArticle.asp?ID=126 Also see extracting JPG / GIF files from an Excel document (charts). htt...

I created a table of contents and it includes words from figures
My table of contents keeps showing words from figures. I have demoted the text to body text, deleted it, etc. It keeps showing up in the table of contents. Presuming that you have refreshed the TOC (F9), it suggests that the 'words' are formatted as a Heading Style. -- Terry Farrell - MSWord MVP "Nootech" <Nootech@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:72B0C6B3-3236-46B0-877C-695383BB9F05@microsoft.com... > My table of contents keeps showing words from figures. I have demoted the > text to body text, deleted it, etc. It keeps show...

check box field on list view
I need to create a new column next to the icon column for Account in the Active Accounts default view (Workplace) that will contain a check box (checked) if a specific field value in the Account form has a specific value. My intent is to make the users aware without them having to sift through all the accounts that a specific field has a specific value chosen from the picklist. If they see the checkbox icon checked, they will know that that specific account needs to be reviewed. thank you What about creating a new view instead? Set the filter to only show accounts with the specific pi...

Pivot Tables- SQL Alias' & Field Lists
I have two questions about Pivot Tables. To generate these pivot tables, I am querying an Informix Database through an ODBC link. I'm using Excel 2003 and Windows XP SP3. 1) I'm querying the database for sales data for a customer that has multiple regions. I made the query for the SOCA region and made my pivot table with no problems. When I click on the drop down to select specific stores I only see stores in the SOCA region (which is what I want). I then made a copy of the worksheet the pivot table is on and edited the query so that it only returns NOCA region i...

Creating a Mail list
I have about 100 email addresses from a little show we did. I want to email them a thank you and a coupon. Is there a way to create a mail list to "Distribution" without having to create a separate contact for each person? Right now I have the names saved in an Excel file both as a .xsls and as a ..csv file (all addresses go down one column). Thanks. You can do this, but WLM will create separate contacts (which you can delete after you've finished with your list. Here's how I do it using the WLM desktop interface... 1. Open the Contacts window 2. Select N...

How to redeploy or create a clone of a live server?
Hi We need to create a clone for our CRM server. How this to be done? What database should we need, do we need on the MSCRM and METABASE? or all of CRM related database? Regarding setting of timezone, how we will be able to know the timezone in the live so that we synchronize it to the clone server? Active Directory users set up, how this done correctly so that users have no issues regarding authentication and authorization? You may add some points if im missing something. Thanks ...