How to change Base Currency.

Can we change the set up base currency?
0
dorekofu (43)
11/11/2008 8:04:00 AM
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

Only if you re-deploy your organization using the Deployment Manager.
Doing this won't convert existing records via an exchange rate however, the
figures will simply be assumed to be in the new system base currency.

--
CRM 4.0 Consultant
(www.k-s-l.co.uk)

"dorekofu" wrote:

> Can we change the set up base currency?
0
RobB (43)
11/11/2008 10:38:06 PM
Hi Rob,

How would one go about this without losing the data that's in there for the
Organization?

Thanks much,

- Fergal.

"Rob B" wrote:

> Only if you re-deploy your organization using the Deployment Manager.
> Doing this won't convert existing records via an exchange rate however, the
> figures will simply be assumed to be in the new system base currency.
>
> --
> CRM 4.0 Consultant
> (www.k-s-l.co.uk)
>

> "dorekofu" wrote:
>
> > Can we change the set up base currency?
0
fergaloc (1)

how do i change dates on my calendar and keep my pics
Publisher doesn't support this. You would need to do it manually. -- Brian Kvalheim Microsoft Publisher MVP http://www.publishermvps.com ~pay it forward~ This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. "Bob T" <Bob T@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:68671977-F71B-444F-AE72-801D2B359FEE@microsoft.com... > ...

Resource Units
I want to be able to have a resource, say 'electrician', with 5 available for the day shift and 2 available for the night shift. This would allow e to just assign the 'electrician' resource and have project level based on unit availability. If I setup 'electrician Day' and 'electrician Night', then I need to carefully select which to use and if the schedule shifts it is a nightmare. Any thought on how to do this? Thank-you! On Jan 6, 10:43=A0pm, John K <John K...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I want to be able to have a resou...

conditional formatting of row based on cell
I want to apply conditional formatting to a whole row based on the contents of one cell in that row. For example, if cell L2 contains the word 'sport', i want the whole of row 2 to be shaded. I'm guessing this is pretty simple, but seem to be having a bit of a mental blockage. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks :) formula is =$l$2="sport" "Katherine" <katherine@katherine.com> wrote in message news:107b01c372ef$4ec59e30$a101280a@phx.gbl... > > I want to apply conditional formatting to a whole row > based on the contents of one...

Tracking Changes #4
Hi All, Just wondered if anyone could help me. I was going through the Track changes exercise, which is great to produce a report of who has change what and when etc. However I then found out that if I was to change my username in Tools>Options>General, in excel that track changes goes to pot and tracks the new username, so in effect I could disguise myself as someone else and change areas of the spreadsheet without successfully being tracked! Can this be stopped without using network administration rights to stop people going in and changing the username? Many Thanks Amanda ...

How do I format a field based on the value
I have a form that is populated from a query using several tables. In the detail section I have the following fields: Category Code qty PO number ... .... ... The qty is populated in the query based on whether or not a PO number is available. If the PO number is not available then it comes from table a, if it is available then it comes from table b. On the form, I have my fields color-coded for easy reading. I would like to be able to color the border and column heading based on where this value comes from. If table A, then it is blue, if table b then it...

Changing my functions to use subtotals?
I have 2 functions that are calculating my data correctly, except now I need to consider the autofilter. I figure using subtotal is the way to go if I want to disregard filtered out rows. Also, I plan on moving my data to another sheet, so it will need to reference the current sheet, which is AAT_Raw_Data. Finally, the # of rows of data will vary, but I don't think it will ever be over 10,000. I'm using Excel 2003, so I think there's an issue with using something like "A:A" in my formulas. Can someone help me change these to add in a subtotal and take into...

Trouble with Forms based authentication in OWA
I am having some problems in setting up OWA with forms based authentication. From my understanding it should work like this: I go to my usual address http://<myserverdomain>/Exchange and I will be directed to the Forms Based Authentication login screen. Once I am there I can choose basic or premium function in OWA and once I authenticate I should be able to access OWA without any other login prompts. Well none of that is happening. Here is what I have done so far. 1. Enabled Forms based authentication in Exchange System manager. 2. Verified that that Authenticated Users group has Read...

Word always asks to save changes to the template
For my work we have made templates for different letters we have to send. Our application (VB6) calls those templates when we want to send a letter. Using the code we follow a few steps : - open word - open a new document using our template - save the document (.doc) on a server - sometimes print the document - sometimes immediately close the document (when we don't want users to modify the document afterwards) When they closed the document the users always get 2 questions : - save changes to template for the letter - save changes to normal.dot I already found a solution to avoid the q...

Query-based distribution group anomaly
When I do a TOOLS ~ OPTIONS ~ DELEGATES in Outlook 2003 and try to set a query-based distribution group as a delegate it seems to accept the group and whatever permissions I assign. But as soon as I click OK and then come back in to inspect it, the query-based distribution group has no permissions at all. This happens every time. However, in the same situation, whenever I assign a Global Security Group as a delegate and assign permissions, they stick. Should my query-based distribution group be accepted or is this kind of group not permitted as a delegate? But then if it's not perm...

SQL to update Item.LastCounted based on PhysicalInventory.CloseTime
Because of a bug/deficiency/oversight in a third party inventory counting application , I did a bunch of physical inventories that did not update the Item.LastCounted field. I need this field updated so I can see the correct date each item was counted last. I am willing to do a seperate SQL statement for each physical inventory sheet for which I have the problem. For example, I want to take each item in the PhysicalInventoryEntry table with PhysicalInventory.Code = '0000057' (or whatever the code is) and set Item.LastCounted = PhysicalInventory.CloseTime. I am not great at SQ...

Currency at Subledger Stage
GP should do the financial charge, statment, aged trail balance at origianting currency instead of funtional currency. It is not really necessary to tranfer to funcational currecy untill transaction will tranfer to GL. Right now we have to increased the workflow by manually calculate financial charge at source currency each month as I don't believe our foreign customers will deal with two kinds of currency with us. Any other suggestion to handle the finacial charge? Thank you! -- Lucy ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the sugge...

series name change
How can I change the name of "series" ? I added to the chart with straight line by highlight two numeric columns. I can create lines but the legend show series 3,4,5,6 !! Thanks Daniel On Tue, 14 Aug 2007, in microsoft.public.excel.charting, Daniel <Daniel@discussions.microsoft.com> said: >How can I change the name of "series" ? > >I added to the chart with straight line by highlight two numeric columns. >I can create lines but the legend show series 3,4,5,6 !! Choose menu Chart.. Source Data.. Series, and there will be a box for series name. You can ...

Changing a formula's result to text
I have a pretty simple worksheet that lists the date in column A. In column B, I have a formula that converts the date in Column A to the proper day of week. When I put it in a pivot table, it treats column B as an individual date, not the proper DOW. I attempted to copy/paste special/values into a new column, but it doesn't change it to the DOW, it leaves it as the date. I am trying to get Excel to permanently change the cells in column B to say "Tuesday" instead of 4/19/07. Does that make sense? All of the conventional answers don't seem to work for me. Any help? It...

Changed Server Numbers when Travel
I just had my outlook 2003AOL server numbers changed for no reason while travelling. Switched them back for my pop account and the would work, when shut down and then restart they would change from the correct to another set of numbers. Is there a way to stop these server numbers from changing while I travel. Thanks. What is a 'server number'? The IP address? -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Need Help with Common Tasks? http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/ Outlook 2007: http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/ol2007/ Outlook Tips by email: dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outl...

Change PST?
I installed a new Outlook (XP) and have my old backup PST file on a disk. I want the default data location to be of my choosing. I assume I copy that data where I want it but how do I import it? "bobnewman backup.pst.pst". I am totally confused, both by the lack of documentation (that I can find) and the backup file name. I hope someone can help. Bob I found it! Thanks anyway. Bob "Bob Newman" <bobnewman@att.net> wrote in message news:vD%7d.2900$TY2.272@lakeread04... > I installed a new Outlook (XP) and have my old backup PST file on a disk. I > want t...

How do I change the elements displayed in the message list
How do I change the elements displayed in the message list. For example, to list "To" or "From" edit the view - to change just one folder, click on the row of field names and choose custom. To make all folders the same see http://www.outlook-tips.net/howto/grouping.htm -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Need Help with Common Tasks? http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/ Outlook 2007: http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/ol2007/ Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips...

Change the mail Subject
When I choose to send my SOP Blank Invoice Form to a mail recipient (pdf), information is populating the subject line and body of my e-mail by default. Specifically the name of the report is populating the subject line. Is there a way to change this? I would rather see the Invoice number or customer name populating that field. Thank you Nancy, Out of the box, no. When you print a report to screen it loses all knowledge of what report it is (or where it came from). That's why when you then send to pdf the best the window can do is use the title of the output window as the s...

change range for multiple charts
Hi I need to change the range for multiple charts, i.e. i have to go chart by chart and modify, either with the mouse or by typing, the new range, is there a quicker way to do this? "Yossi evenzur" wrote: > Hi > I need to change the range for multiple charts, i.e. i have to go chart by > chart and modify, either with the mouse or by typing, the new range, is there > a quicker way to do this? I've written a little Excel add-in that performs mass edits of series formulas: How to Edit Series Formulas http://peltiertech.com/WordPress/how-to-edit...

How to change the year?
I have a date column in my work sheet where I have enterred the year as 2005, but actually should be 2001. The cell format is date-month-year. My date range is B5:B55. How can I change the year on only for the dates in this range. Thanks. Victor Victor, The difference between a 2001 and a 2005 date is 1461. So do this: Put 1461 in a cell. Copy. Select B5:B55. Edit - Paste Special. Click "Values" and "Subtract." OK. -- Earl Kiosterud www.smokeylake.com "la90292" <la90292@myrealbox.com> wrote in message news:ebnzG62qFHA.3720@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gb...

Integration Manager
We're using the Integration manager to import inventory items in to GP 10.0 and we're getting the following error: "The Item Currency Maintenance window is available only when Multicurrency is registered." The company has been setup as a test company and Multi Currency access has been granted. Any suggestions for getting past this would be greatly appreciated! Thank You. Have you configured the company for a currency? Go to the Financial menu and look at the Multicurrency tasks. Its in setup. -- Richard L. Whaley Author / Consultant / MVP Documentation for Sof...

Can't Use Outlook after changing Servers
Moved users from one server to another. Users map USER folder to U:\ drive, no chnage there. After move when trying to open Outlook it stops with an error that there is a security problem with the .pst file. There is none I can find. Tried deleting Outlook profile for user and installing a new one, came up with same pst file. tried adding a second pst file and get the same security violation, No other files have problems, WORD or Excel. ideas?? dave Admin ...

Application-defined or Object-defined-error when changing color in
I have tried the following different approaches to chaning the background color of a cell in an Excell 2007 VBA module and have gotten Application-defined or Object-defined-error each time. I can display the color value I just can't seem to be able to change it. Sheet1.Cells(1, 2).Interior.Color = RGB(126, 255, 126) Worksheets("sheet1").Cells("A1").Interior.ColorIndex = 3 ActiveSheet.Cells(Cell).Interior.ColorIndex = 255 Range("A1").Cells.Interior.ColorIndex = 1 Any help is welcomed. Thank you in advance for your help. hi t...

Combo Box changes list based on another
I have 2 combo boxes. I select the first one and all the name choices are available. I choose JOE, I then move to the 2nd Combo Box and select it, I want JOE excluded from that list. How can I do this? Ultimately I want to expand this but for each combo box list I want it to exclude any names already chosen in other combo boxes. Thanks. On Thu, 6 Mar 2008 18:20:00 -0800, deeds <deeds@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I have 2 combo boxes. I select the first one and all the name choices are >available. I choose JOE, I then move to the 2nd Combo Box and select it, I &...

Reset field based on the the results in another field
I have a picklist field on a form and a field that is using the radio button. When the user changes the selection on the picklist field to "completed", javascript checks the value of the radio button field. If the field is set to no,an alert pops up to the user. The picklist field should then reset back to the previous value. I have only been able to get the code to set the field to 'blank' (not acceptable). Please help. -- Onetreeup Hi, doesn't something like this do the trick: in the onload you capture the value of the picklist when the form is loaded. and yo...

Change "main" calendar
Is there anyway to tell outlook which calendar to consider the "main" calendar? Outlook 2007 Thanks "njem" <njem@q.com> wrote in message news:d53c96fd-b896-4647-b045-40f01fde5421@k2g2000pro.googlegroups.com... > Is there anyway to tell outlook which calendar to consider the "main" > calendar? > > Outlook 2007 Your default calendar (and ALL your other default folders are included as well) is _always_ the calendar in the data store marked as "default" on Tools?>Account Settings>Data Files. -- Brian Tillman...