I want to roll out a batch file to make a number of tweaks to CRM
The body of it would go

REGEDIT /S Kerberosefix.reg
REGEDIT /S ForceFormreload.reg
REGEDIT /S OutlookFix.reg

It would also rename OSA.exe to OSA.bad
Remove OSA.exe From the startup menu

I need help finding a way to use my batch file to increase the Outlook
Form cache from the default 4MB to 50 MB.. This makes CRm more stable
and faster for communications. I dont want to manually do this, as it
time consuming, are my end users would not be reliable in doing it
themselves.

I also want to make another batch file or button that is able to CLear
the CRM cache..I believe a lot of CRM SFO issues are because of
performance being so lousy, and cache/ temp file issues

Please let me know if you have ideas
0
mrlancom
11/4/2004 11:51:12 PM
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

I would report to the outlook groups as they may more ideas around what you
can achieve using the registry etc with outlook

--
John O'Donnell
Microsoft CRM MVP

"Rat" <mrlancom@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> I want to roll out a batch file to make a number of tweaks to CRM
> The body of it would go
>
> REGEDIT /S Kerberosefix.reg
> REGEDIT /S ForceFormreload.reg
> REGEDIT /S OutlookFix.reg
>
> It would also rename OSA.exe to OSA.bad
> Remove OSA.exe From the startup menu
>
> I need help finding a way to use my batch file to increase the Outlook
> Form cache from the default 4MB to 50 MB.. This makes CRm more stable
> and faster for communications. I dont want to manually do this, as it
> time consuming, are my end users would not be reliable in doing it
> themselves.
>
> I also want to make another batch file or button that is able to CLear
> the CRM cache..I believe a lot of CRM SFO issues are because of
> performance being so lousy, and cache/ temp file issues
>

> Please let me know if you have ideas

0
John

How to Automate Word mail merge from AC2007?
I'm trying to do a Word mail merge from Access 2007 -- populating a Word 2007 template with data from recordsets built off queries. The problem I'm having is the current code creates each letter as a separate Word doc. I need one big Word doc with page breaks between each letter. The code uses nested loops - the first recordset rst has the list of people, the second rstBkm has bookmark data. Question: How to get this code to create one Word doc with page breaks between letters rather than each letter in a separate Word Doc? Thanks in advance. [abbreviated code below] ...

how do I open files from other versions in Publisher 98?
I have Publisher 98, and am trying to open a Publisher file emailed to me from someone else. I don't know what version they have, but I would guess it's from Windows ME, because I know they don't have XP. And when I try to open it in my Publisher, it says, "Publisher cannot open files from a different version". Is there any update or anything I can download to fix this, or do I have to buy a different version, or is there a way the other person could save their file so that I could open it? Thanks very much. A small child turns to Ed, and exclaims: "Look! Look...

Use Copied Outlook PST file as default...How?
If I copy a PST file on my PC, how can I configure my Laptop Outlook to use that copied file as its default. Is it possible to copy new Defined Views in Contacts from one computer to another. Dmahanay <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > If I copy a PST file on my PC, how can I configure my > Laptop Outlook to use that copied file as its default. Outlook version? > Is it possible to copy new Defined Views in Contacts from > one computer to another. I think views are registry items and not kept in the PST. -- Brian Tillman My outlook version is 2002. >--...

OLook Locks up when attempting to delete large file in out box.
Outlook keeps trying to send a file that is way too large. I didn't notice it was so large until after a few days of OL being extremely slow and using up my CPU at 100%. How can I delete this file? I have tried going to the outbox and selecting delete, but it will not delete. Can find the location of the data, but not the file that needs to be deleted. Try the easy fix: Select File, Work Offline, Delete the messages "SNR" wrote: > Outlook keeps trying to send a file that is way too large. I didn't notice > it was so large until after a few days of OL being ext...

Anyway to open a Publisher 2002 file in Publisher 2000?
I need to open this file for a project tomorrow. I have Publisher 2000, but I think the file sent to me was done in Publisher 2002 or 2003? The person who sent it to me is out of town until Thursday, so I can't have them resave it or resend it. Any ideas Thanks! In news:11BBD624-9460-465D-88EE-60230ADB1F33@microsoft.com, buck <create007@yahoo.com> posted: > I need to open this file for a project tomorrow. I have Publisher > 2000, but I think the file sent to me was done in Publisher 2002 or > 2003? The person who sent it to me is out of town until Thursday, so > I ...

How do I add a detail section to the form?
I have found instructions on how to add a header/footer but can't find how to add a detail section. A form always has a detail section. It can have only one detail section. -- Dave Hargis, Microsoft Access MVP "kjv77" wrote: > I have found instructions on how to add a header/footer but can't find how to > add a detail section. ...

Temp file plague
For some reason my XL2000 if saving reams of temp files (X.TMP) in the folder where I open a worksheet. I haven't intentionally set (or re-set) any preferences for that. Does anyone know what's up here? ...

saving file from asp.net
Hi all, I dynamically generate Word Documents from my web application using XmlDocument object and need to save them on a mapped network drive. I use the Save method of XmlDocument object to save documents. Ican save them successfully on local drive on web server. But when I try to save them on a mapped network drive, I get permission denied errors. I made sure that ASPNET had full access right in the folder where I need to save documents. I also tried using UNC path, but that also does not work. Can someone please point to what I may be doing wrong and explain the whole setup proces...

Noob Question For Selecting Multiple Fields On A Form
Hello... In versions earlier than 2007 I would be able to go to the Menu Bar and click Edit -> Select All to select all fields on the form. Now, my question is... where in 2007 did the put that functionality? If Microsoft removed it from there... where did they recreate it? Thanks! Squirrel "SQLSQUIRREL" <SQLSQUIRREL@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:333547A1-9C6A-422B-9CD5-97D79D6037DF@microsoft.com... > Hello... > > In versions earlier than 2007 I would be able to go to the Menu Bar and > click Edit -> Select All to se...

"files based on content, not file extension" option issue
Hi, I met a strange question. When I disable "files based on content, not file extension" option in IE browser (IE -->Tools Options-->Security-->Internet zone-->Custom level --> "files based on content, not file extension" disable). When I used IE to access ftp://ftp.microsoft.com via. proxy, such as: ccproxy..etc. IE browser shows HTML source code instead of normal html webpage. Could you take a look? Always state your full Windows version (e.g., WinXP SP3; WinXP 64-bit SP2; Vista SP1; Vista 64-bit SP2; Win7; Win7 64-bit) as well...

what causes the recently used file list option to be unavailable .
Tools / Options / Recently used file list is greyed out - How do I correct this ? John You don't say which version so try searching the knowledge base http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx With a search string of MRU Disabled in Excel -- HTH Nick Hodge Microsoft MVP - Excel Southampton, England nick_hodgeTAKETHISOUT@zen.co.uk.ANDTHIS "JohnPrice" <JohnPrice@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:ECA43906-EC33-4B92-8580-39923E449B9C@microsoft.com... > Tools / Options / Recently used file list is greyed out - How do I correct > this ? Hi! So...

convert files
how do I import and sort files from First Choice in ASCII form into excel and fix into columns? -- helpoldlady ...

Case Form
Hi, What is the best way to capture both the Account and Contact on the Case form. We need to capture both when creating a case. Assuming you want to see the Parent Account, you have the "customer' lookup field and you can add the 'responsible contact' field to the form which will create a lookup to a contact. "Donna Edwards" wrote: > Hi, > > What is the best way to capture both the Account and Contact on the Case > form. We need to capture both when creating a case. Thanks Chad, greatly appreciated!! I overlooked that field. Donna "...

cannot filter excel files in "files of type"
I have Outlook 2003, and when I try to add an attachment, I cannot filter based on Excel files in "Files of type". Excel is the listed but other like Word are. The entire Office 2003 suite is installed on the PC and I tried reinstalling to no avail. Also, Customize is grayed-out under the tools menu in Outlook\new mail message. Please help me out. thanks. Sorry, I mean to say Excel is NOT listed under "Files of Type" "wli2k2" wrote: > I have Outlook 2003, and when I try to add an attachment, I cannot filter > based on Excel files in "Files ...

how do i open a publisher file created in new version?
I get publisher files in new versions of publisher. I have publisher 2000. I can't open these files but don't want to update publisher. Is there a download program I can get to translate these files? "Peg" <Peg@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4BD8AEDC-8386-4E7B-9D12-DAF429B171A2@microsoft.com... >I get publisher files in new versions of publisher. I have publisher 2000. > I can't open these files but don't want to update publisher. Is there a > download program I can get to translate these files? There is not a download to tra...

Auto Filling fields in form
I am new at creating code and would like to have two fields populated when the record is reviewed. One is the user name and the other is the date reviewed. There is a form which contains the Member Name and ID number. I would like to add the two auto fill fields in the Parent form and have it fill in the subform fields for that particular member using a trigger of some sort. Any advice would be appreciated. Bev Access forms display data... Access tables store it. If you want to see data from a record in a table in your form, your controls in the form need to be poin...

Help!!Getting audio files to play continuously during slide show?!
I have Powerpoint 2002, and i am having a hard time getting the music file to play continuously during the slide show. it plays on the first slide (which is the only slide that has the little speaker picture on it), but then it doesn't transition to the next slide until after the song is done, when i want the song to play while the slides are transitioning. HELP please! Mega, Have a look here and see if it helps, there are tuturials in video demonstrating the process. http://www.pptfaq.com/FAQ00047.htm -- Luc Sanders MVP - PowerPoint "MegaB86" <MegaB86...

Automating transfer of data in cells
I have a time management spreadsheet with data stored against work type and date. I need to transfer this data into a similar but more comprehensive spreadsheet and wonder whether it is possible to automate this task by using the work types and dates in a macro (I have almost 10 months of data to transfer), along the lines of check date, check worktype, where argument is true enter data from cell. I think I need to use visual basic, but I can't find out how in the help screens. Any advice is much appreciated. This is not difficult providing you keep your data in simple tables...

emailing Outlook contact files
Help, Why am I unable to export my contacts & then attach the ..pst file in an email? I want to use my 97 Outlook contacts on my 200 Outlook on my home machine. Thanks! Export the contacts. then shut down Outlook and reopen. Then try sending the .pst file home. Also, make sure the file size is acceptable to your ISP who usually put a limit of 2-5 mbs for attachments. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer Greg <greg@mrcifoundation.info> asked: | Help, | | Why am...

Programmatically listing Relationships of ADP file
I'm fairly new to access and would like to get a listing of the relationships in the ADP file. How would I go about doing that programmatically? I haven't the first idea of where to start. I did find something that said to loop through the relationships collection, but I can't seem to find it. FWIW, I'm fairly fluent in Excel VBA. Thanks, Barb Reinhardt On Tue, 23 Mar 2010 12:30:01 -0700, Barb Reinhardt <BarbReinhardt@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: A good start would be to open a VBA window, click the Help button, and look for Relationships...

Open outlook express eml files with Office Outlook
How can I get my Microsoft Outlook e-mail software to open a Outlook Express .eml file save on a network. My objective is to be able to double click the .eml file or drag and drop it into my Microsoft Outlook application. Thank you, LS Lance <llscott@csicable.net> wrote: > How can I get my Microsoft Outlook e-mail software to > open a Outlook Express .eml file save on a network. My > objective is to be able to double click the .eml file or > drag and drop it into my Microsoft Outlook application. You have to open in with Outlook Express and then move it to Outlook fro...

File Name Length
Does anyone know if filenames can be longer than 31 characters in Office 2004? Thanks. In article <19bee01c41cec$47393e90$a401280a@phx.gbl>, "JM" <doubledawg9498@yahoo.com> wrote: > Does anyone know if filenames can be longer than 31 characters in Office > 2004? Thanks. FIrst, you *can* have filenames longer than 31 characters in Office v.X already - you just can't generate them. While v.X apps display a hash at the end of a long filename, it keeps the filename intact when you save. MS hasn't announced anything regarding long file names in 2004 ye...

Return the name of the object I click on in a form
Hi, How do I go about returning the name of an object on a form. For example if I set the "On Click" event procedure on a rectangle object to return: MsgBox Me.Name I get the form name. What I want to do is click on the object and be abe to reference it's properties such as Tag to run other code based in these values. As always any assistance is greatly appreciated. Regards, John Dumay For the name of the control try Screen.ActiveControl.Name For the control itself use Screen.ActiveControl -- AG Email: discussATadhdataDOTcom "John Dumay" <JohnDumay@dis...

Desktop shortcut opens app but will not open file
When one of my users clicks on a desktop shortcut (MS Excel), the program opens but the file will not. The user can open the file directly by going into Excel and clicking open , file, etc. Thanks, Glen This are the usual things to fix this Tools>Options>General uncheck "Ignore other Applications" Exit Excel and try again If this doesn't work try to re-register Excel Close Excel first and On the Windows Taskbar 1 ) Start>Run "excel.exe /unregserver"(no quotes)>OK. 2) Start>Run "excel.exe /regserver"(no quotes)>OK. See the space be...

link to specific sheet in excel file which contains points and spaces
I am trying to make a link in Acces to an Excel file. This excel file contains several sheet with different names. My form in Access has a field that corresponds to the name of the excel sheets (Formname in script). When the name in the form contains points or spaces my link to the sheet with the same name does not work. I tried to put brackets [] on either side of the name, but then linking does not work at all. Please let me know if you have any suggestions. Code (works when Formname.Value does not contain spaces or points etc): Private Sub CommandActionRegister3_Click() Dim Locatio...