How to assign a list of products to a customer

Hi,
I am a new user in CRM and i need to know how is the best way to assign a
list of products to a customer.  Right now i have to create all the products
that my company sells but i don't see how to assign them to the customers.
Do i have to create a new table?
Please somebody help me
Thanks,
Nathalia

crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

Nathalia,

The products are used in the opportunity, quote, order and invoice entities.
All of these entities have a customer assigned to them and a list of
products, representing what to sell (the products) to which customer. You
cannot assign products to accounts and contacts directly.

--
Michael H�hne, Microsoft Dynamics CRM MVP

Web: http://www.stunnware.com/crm2
Feed: http://www.stunnware.com/crm2/atom.aspx
Custom Lookup Dialog: http://www.stunnware.com/crm2/?area=customLookup
The JavaScript Snippets Directory:
http://www.stunnware.com/crm2/topic.aspx?id=JS13

"Nathalia" <Nathalia@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
> Hi,
> I am a new user in CRM and i need to know how is the best way to assign a
> list of products to a customer.  Right now i have to create all the
> products
> that my company sells but i don't see how to assign them to the customers.
> Do i have to create a new table?
> Please somebody help me
> Thanks,
> Nathalia

0
Michael
8/6/2007 9:47:37 PM
Create your product catalogue within the Web UI and then you will be able to
create price plans.

Add the products to the price plan and assign the Price Plan to the Account.
--
Rgds

Michael
MCDBA 2000 | MCITP DBA 2005
http://www.mscrmschool.co.uk

"Nathalia" wrote:

> Hi,
> I am a new user in CRM and i need to know how is the best way to assign a
> list of products to a customer.  Right now i have to create all the products
> that my company sells but i don't see how to assign them to the customers.
> Do i have to create a new table?
> Please somebody help me
> Thanks,
> Nathalia

Hi

i'm also a new  and have the same problem - I created several price lists
for each product - but  how can I  " assign Price Plan(price list?) to the
Account???
I tried to add a new  opportunity ( for example) but why my user has to
choose that from the list of all products???????? Each my user works with
only one product.... and should not see any other products..

Best Regards,

"Michael Langdon" wrote:

> Create your product catalogue within the Web UI and then you will be able to
> create price plans.
>
> Add the products to the price plan and assign the Price Plan to the Account.
> --
> Rgds
>
> Michael
> MCDBA 2000 | MCITP DBA 2005
> http://www.mscrmschool.co.uk
>

> "Nathalia" wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> > I am a new user in CRM and i need to know how is the best way to assign a
> > list of products to a customer.  Right now i have to create all the products
> > that my company sells but i don't see how to assign them to the customers.
> > Do i have to create a new table?
> > Please somebody help me
> > Thanks,
> > Nathalia

Random List
I have a list of 15 numbers and I want to randomly pick 6 numbers from that list. How do I do it? Ken Go to Tools>>Add-Ins...>>Check Analysis ToolPack if not checked. Now in A1 type =randbetween(1,15). Press F9 to rescramble. Mike Q. >-----Original Message----- >I have a list of 15 numbers and I want to randomly pick 6 >numbers from that list. How do I do it? >. > Hi, One simple way is to number your list from 1 to 15; in a separate cell enter =INT(RAND()*10). each time you hit F9, you'll get a new random calculation. use that. (You can also copy/drag t...

Creating an email list
I have a column of email addresses, and I want to combine them all into one cell seperated by commas. I want to make an group email list that I can just copy into an email without having to enter each individual emaill address. Say your email list is in column C starting in C1. In D1 enter "=C1" without the quotes. In D2 enter =D1&","&C2. Drag this formula down as far as your email list goes. The last cell will show all the emails. HTH Otto "ILunacy" <ILunacy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:59C0E067-1E04-4FE2-B1...

Customize Products HTML Custom Field?
I'm looking for a way to add a formatted description to my products. I'm thinking of using an html doc per each Product. I will then be able to dynamically update my web site and create catalogs on the fly using Quark. I've noticed that the contol in the Email Activity might be useful. Another issue I've encountered is that I'm only able to add simple custom fields to a form (string, number, pick list etc.) through the Schema Manager. Any suggestions on how I should go about this would be greatly appreciated. []P. []V[]. ...

Custom Tailoring An Access Report to fit an Existing Form Fed Printer Receipt Fo
I work for a State Correctional Facility as the Mailroom Supervisor and Computer Help Desk Representative. While Inmate receipts are still being written by hand there is a Stand-Alone- Computer Receipt System, consisting of a Stand-Alone-Computer, Okaidata 321 Impact Printer, 3 color part copy form fed preprinted/number receipt form, and Lotus Approach Software, that generates Inmate receipts. The flaw with the Stand-Alone-Computer is that when it is used each following day the following days receipt information is lost instead of being captured in a database. I am in the proces...

customizing charts
I am trying to customize a vertical bar chart, where the x axis is the areas being measured and the y axis is the units of measurement. I have been trying to shade a particular range within the overall plot area, not the entire area. Specifically, the y axis range goes from 40 all the way to 160. I just want to shade or fill in a specific range (85 to 115) within that overall range. Is there a way to have that range (85-115) shaded only and the other ranges (116 and higher, and 84 and lower) left untouched? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks! Hi, The technique describe here w...

Copying email addresses to create a distribution list
I have tried selecting and copying the names/email addresses in the To field of an email and pasting them in the members field of a new distribution list, but only the names appear, not the email addresses. Can someone help me figure out how to paste the actual email addresses? I am using Outlook 2007 Thanks, -- Leslee You need to copy the addresses from the header. See http://www.slipstick.com/tutorials/create/dl.asp for a tutorial FWIW - if the people are in your contacts list, the names will resolve. If they are not in contacts, use the method in the tutorial. -- ...

assign a unique number by network
What kind of architecture should I retain to do the following: I have 3 PCs in network (let's call them PC1, PC2, PC3 used resp by Person1, .....) and I need to assign unique numbers to people who press a key on each PC. For instance, if person1 press a key and is assigned number 9 , when person 2 press a key I need to give number 10 and so on. well, first you need to figure out how you recognize a person. do you really mean a person, or a logged in account on a machine? a person is much harder, that requires some kind of physical recognition and a mechanism to make sure person...

Sum-Product-Question
This formula works: =SUMPRODUCT(--($C$17:$C$200<>"")*--($K$17:$K$200="bjh")) It returns an answer of 8, which is correct. But I need to drag this down for fifty columns. If I do that I'll have to change the part where I have "bjh" for all fifty rows. Can I somehow insert the cell it is referring to instead--O17 and then just drag it down? Obviously it didn't work when I tried it, but it must be a formatting problem. Appreciate this newsgroup try replacing your * with a , -- Don Guillett Microsoft MVP Excel SalesAid Software dguillett1@aus...

List Control Always Show Selection
Hi I'm using a list control in report mode with the Always Show Selection property set to TRUE so the selection is visible when the control doesn't have focus. The question is whether it is possible to set the control so that the selection has the same appearance regardless of focus (at the moment, on my system, the selection appears blue when the control has focus, and light grey otherwise - I'd like it to always appear blue). Cheers mark-r -- Fiddlers Dram lyric snippets for sale. All for under a pound. [ Lyric snippet contributions welcome ] >The question is whether i...

address list not showing
Hi When I create new message, I click on "To" to select the user that I want to send email. Under "Global address list" I do not see all the users but under "All users" I am able to see all the users. Can anyone please explain me what is going on? Thanks ...

How do I do a cost comparison of products from many vendors?
I have a list of about 50 different products that I want to compare different vendor's costs. There are about five vendors total. How do you do the comparison manually? We need that to arrive at an automated solution. -- HTH Bob Phillips (replace somewhere in email address with gmail if mailing direct) "rolson" <rolson@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:DAF796B5-BC80-4947-B625-B2447D9A578A@microsoft.com... > I have a list of about 50 different products that I want to compare different > vendor's costs. There are about five vendors total. ...

Inserting a drop down list in an cell
Can anybody give me some pointers as to how I do this. I know I need t create the list somewhere on the spreadsheet but how do i insert th function that gives the drop down arrow and the box to view the list i the target cell -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Have a look here and see if this is what you want http://www.contextures.com/xlDataVal01.html -- Paul B Always backup your data before trying something new Please post any response to the newsgroups so others can benefit from it Feedback on answers is always appreciated! Using Excel 2000 & 97 ** remove news from m...

Custome Label sizing
I am using Publisher 2002 SP3 I have a custom label made in Publisher 98 which does not print properly. I have A4 as default paper size. Page information is: 3 across 10 down Side 0.47cm Top 0.8cm Horizontal 0.31 \Vertical 0.0cm Page size 6.67 x 2.54 I need this to be 7.0 x 2.5 but it is grayed out. How can I change that? Thanks, Robin Chapple What are the dimensions of your labels? -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "Robin Chapple" <robinski@ANTI_SPAMmelbpc.org.au> wrote in message news:5c4n311f9tdkkqqk0ndg1l1r3irp3rlfpb@4ax.com... >I am using Publis...

Econnect Custom Requesters
One of my developers created an econnect custom requester for an application. The application is moving from development to production. How can I move the custom requester? ...

IE 8 - Manage Addons
Does anyone know how to (1) download and (2) reinstall the WuWeb active X control? My IE 8 - Version 8.0.6001.18702 - Build 86001 Thanks ahead of time :-) //------------------------------- Just FYI and background info is below. I opened an MS support case (SRX1057345742) on a Windows Update problem (XP SP3 - March 2010 all updates except one). There was an update (Rights Management Services Client : KB979099) that would NOT install (all other MS updates installed fine). Of the many 'fixes' we tried none worked. Eventually Windows Update started to 'break...

Screen size is too small when customizing
For some reason, when I try to edit the Account form and customize it, I can't get the entire form to fit on my screen. If I resize the window, it still cuts off the bottom part and there is no scroll bar available to scroll down. I'm runnning a laptop with Win XP with resolution set at 1024x768. Any ideas? Never mind. I did a ctrl+N and got a scroll bar. "James" wrote: > For some reason, when I try to edit the Account form and customize it, I > can't get the entire form to fit on my screen. > > If I resize the window, it still cuts off the bottom...

Customizing Excel toolbar to add Median function
Is there a way to add the Median function to an Excel toolbar? All I've been able to add is the Insert Function which takes me to all functions -- I would like a button that I could click that would take me automatically to only the Median function. Thank you. -- ksham ------------------------------------------------------------------------ ksham's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=16681 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=318931 ...

Excel Recent File menu listing
Hi, In ExcelXP or 2003, is there a way to list the files that you want to open in the File menu? So, no matter what other excel files that you opened. The files that you want is always listed in the File Menu. Any help would be appreciated. HappyGuy > In ExcelXP or 2003, is there a way to list the files that > you want to open in the File menu? Not AFAIK. What I tend to do is record macros in personal.xls to open the files, e.g. Sub Home() Workbooks.Open Filename:= _ "C:\Documents and Settings\Andy\My Documents\home.xls" End Sub , then assign the macros to a custom me...

Outlook 2000 Assigned Recurring Tasks after marked Complete
Recurring Tasks that have been marked complete by the individual that it was assigned to will not update as Complete on the Master Task lists where they were assigned. The person that the task was assigned to can mark it complete and it is removed from their personal task list but it doesn't update on the "Master Task List". Is there a software add-on we need? thanks much! ...

Create Multi-Select List box
How on earth do I create a multi-select list box? I created a form, frmEditStudent. Bound to a table, tblStudent. the form is to record modifications that a student should receive according to several meetings that parents/administrators have. The fields MathMods, ElaMods, SciMods, and SsMods will have multiple selections and their field type is number. I created a listbox using the toolbox with a record source from tblMods and bound it to MathMods. I set the multi-select to extended. When I open the form and attempt to select multiple choices, no banana. Only 1 is highlighted an...

Updating lists
Hi, In our company we have a very long pricelist in an Excel-file. Once a week we get a list with updated prices, also in Excel-format. Is there an easy way to update our list with the prices from the updating list? We have a Product ID that is the identification in both lists. However we do not want our list to be updated with products that are not already in our list. Is it also possible to add information to a column "Modified date"? Thanks in advance There's a nice worksheet function that can be used to bring over values from another worksheet when there's a uni...

Customizing RMS customer statements
Does anyone know how to add verbage to the customer statements? ie. I want to note what our finance charge policy is on the bottom of the customer statements. In our Store Misc Utility we have many features one of which is enhancement to A/R Statement that allows you to configure different Duning notices for customer that have balanace over 30, 60, 90 etc... As well as allowing you to soft configure and type hearder and footer messages. If you want to know more contact me. Afshin Alikhani - [afshin@retailrealm.co.uk] CEO - Retail Realm -- URL http://www.retailrealm.co.uk "jord...

Cannot customize Outlook today #2
I have outlook 2000 on some XP pro machines and when they click on customize outlook today nothing happens ...

Assigning a value to a cell from a combox
Hi all, I have a 2 combobox and a button in my work sheet On click of this button, *the values in combobox must be assigned to a cell* (assume h8 and h9). can any one please help me to solve this problem. -- sjayar ------------------------------------------------------------------------ sjayar's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=28435 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=480977 Good morning sjayar It really depends on how you have set up your combo box and button. I you have done it through the control toolb...

HELP please!!! I lost all my account listings for online updates
Hello, for the past few months I had painstakinly setup 4 of my banks to synch with my MS Money Business 2007 edison. And today, by signing into MSN money central (using my passport) for the first time, I lost all my account settings in my MS money. Some please tell me how do I get them back? In addition to what I said previously, here is a message I get on the MSN MY money website: MSN Money’s banking services have been updated to improve the online banking experience. You may need to set up your accounts again to regain access to online services. Please click here for instructions...