How to add/replace server license

We just achieved the Certified Partner level and would like to expand our CRM
3.0 installation to the available 25 usres. our current installation is
limited to 10. When I try to add the new license key through deployment
manager, I get the following message:

"A Server License has already been added"

I don't see an option to remove the existing license. Do I have to reinstall
CRM to apply the new license?
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

We've got the same problem. At the moment I see no other solution than
reinstalling CRM.
If there's someone who got an idea please tell.

"Rich" wrote:

> We just achieved the Certified Partner level and would like to expand our CRM
> 3.0 installation to the available 25 usres. our current installation is
> limited to 10. When I try to add the new license key through deployment
> manager, I get the following message:
>
> "A Server License has already been added"
>
> I don't see an option to remove the existing license. Do I have to reinstall
> CRM to apply the new license?
hmm it sounds like you have a bundled license where you have the user
licenses bundled with the server license and now you have another bundled
license which will not work. You may have to reload CRM or at the least
delete the license from the database and add a new one. I would contact MBS
to get the best approach

==============================
John O'Donnell
Microsoft CRM MVP
http://www.crowecrm.com

"Matthias" <Matthias@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> We've got the same problem. At the moment I see no other solution than
> reinstalling CRM.
> If there's someone who got an idea please tell.
>
> "Rich" wrote:
>
>> We just achieved the Certified Partner level and would like to expand our
>> CRM
>> 3.0 installation to the available 25 usres. our current installation is
>> limited to 10. When I try to add the new license key through deployment
>> manager, I get the following message:
>>
>> "A Server License has already been added"
>>
>> I don't see an option to remove the existing license. Do I have to
>> reinstall
>> CRM to apply the new license?

0
John
4/12/2007 4:19:20 PM
Yes, I have installed a bundled license from MSDN with 10 clients. After
achieving gold status I could use a bundled license for 100 clients.

I already contacted MBS, they told me to reinstall CRM :-(

How can I delete the license from the database?

Best regards
Matthias

"John O'Donnell" wrote:

> hmm it sounds like you have a bundled license where you have the user
> licenses bundled with the server license and now you have another bundled
> license which will not work. You may have to reload CRM or at the least
> delete the license from the database and add a new one. I would contact MBS
> to get the best approach
>

> ==============================
> John O'Donnell
> Microsoft CRM MVP
> http://www.crowecrm.com
>

> "Matthias" <Matthias@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > We've got the same problem. At the moment I see no other solution than
> > reinstalling CRM.
> > If there's someone who got an idea please tell.
> >
> > "Rich" wrote:
> >
> >> We just achieved the Certified Partner level and would like to expand our
> >> CRM
> >> 3.0 installation to the available 25 usres. our current installation is
> >> limited to 10. When I try to add the new license key through deployment
> >> manager, I get the following message:
> >>
> >> "A Server License has already been added"
> >>
> >> I don't see an option to remove the existing license. Do I have to
> >> reinstall
> >> CRM to apply the new license?

Is there anybody who can explain how to delete and add the licenses from the
database?

"John O'Donnell" wrote:

> hmm it sounds like you have a bundled license where you have the user
> licenses bundled with the server license and now you have another bundled
> license which will not work. You may have to reload CRM or at the least
> delete the license from the database and add a new one. I would contact MBS
> to get the best approach
>

> ==============================
> John O'Donnell
> Microsoft CRM MVP
> http://www.crowecrm.com
>

> "Matthias" <Matthias@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > We've got the same problem. At the moment I see no other solution than
> > reinstalling CRM.
> > If there's someone who got an idea please tell.
> >
> > "Rich" wrote:
> >
> >> We just achieved the Certified Partner level and would like to expand our
> >> CRM
> >> 3.0 installation to the available 25 usres. our current installation is
> >> limited to 10. When I try to add the new license key through deployment
> >> manager, I get the following message:
> >>
> >> "A Server License has already been added"
> >>
> >> I don't see an option to remove the existing license. Do I have to
> >> reinstall
> >> CRM to apply the new license?

We have the same issue, 10 user license that I originally setup and now I
want to remove this license and add a 25 user license.  License Manager says
to delete a license you must deactivate all users in CRM first.  It also
mentions that you can then log on as the user who installed the system if
there is no license setup for the Server.

The issue comes when you try to remove the last user and CRM gives you an
error message saying "You can not deactivate yourself."  Is there another way
to deactivate the last user?  If I was able to deactivate all users then the
theory is that I would then be able to remove the previous license and add
the new 25 user license.

"Matthias" wrote:

> Is there anybody who can explain how to delete and add the licenses from the
> database?
>
> "John O'Donnell" wrote:
>
> > hmm it sounds like you have a bundled license where you have the user
> > licenses bundled with the server license and now you have another bundled
> > license which will not work. You may have to reload CRM or at the least
> > delete the license from the database and add a new one. I would contact MBS
> > to get the best approach
> >

> > ==============================
> > John O'Donnell
> > Microsoft CRM MVP
> > http://www.crowecrm.com
> >

> > "Matthias" <Matthias@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > > We've got the same problem. At the moment I see no other solution than
> > > reinstalling CRM.
> > > If there's someone who got an idea please tell.

add a data label
How do i add a data label for my y-axis on a line graph created in word? I presume the Word chart has been created with MS Chart? If so Double-click to activate the edit mode for the chart, then choose Chart, Chart Options, Data Labels.. If the chart is an Excel Object then you use the same steps. -- Cheers, Shane Devenshire "dragonfly" wrote: > How do i add a data label for my y-axis on a line graph created in word? ...

Outgoing Email Server
In outlook, is it possible to send all messages from one server? It appears that currently the mail is sent using the server for the adress to which the original message was sent. micah356 wrote: > In outlook, is it possible to send all messages from one server? It > appears that currently the mail is sent using the server for the > adress to which the original message was sent. Why not set the SMTP server for all your e-mail accounts identically - use the same server for all of them? ...

Licensing Question with Professional Suite
Hey, I've seen some licensing questions out there, but wanted to be clear. Microsoft Reps are giving me different information, but admit they do not know!? I think there needs to be a little more training with the CRM licensing. I need the CRM Professional Suite (sales and service). If I have 5 sales people (that don't really need to get into the Service Stuff), and I have 5 Service People (that don't need to do anything with Leads and other stuff), can I purchase 5 Sales Professional Users and 5 Service Professional Users? Or do I still need to purchase the Suite User...

Developer Toolkit licensing
I found a pdf document that shows Developer Toolkit is available for $3000 yearly with no further licensing needed. I've also seen on the page where Developer Toolkit is downloaded that it is now included with Dynamics GP 9.0. I've heard from a third source that practically no one was using Developer Toolkit so the licensing fee was dropped. I've searched in several places on Microsoft's various sites for a clear answer and can't find one. Is Developer Toolkit now included in the GP 9.0 license? Was/Is there an extra cost for it? Will it be irrelevant when GP 10...

Find and Replace within an XML file
I was wondering if there is a simple method of replacing characters within the xml document. I'm looking at writing a Biztalk Pipeline that escapes illegal characters before they are processed by a HL7 assembler. I.E. replace all instances of &amp; or & with \T\ . I thought about converting to a string and using the replace function, but that would mean knownig all the HTML codes for characters (as the escape characters are to be dynamically chosen by the user). Where as I could via xpath ??? replace all instances of the original character such as &. Hope it makes sen...

Symantec Gateway Security 360 with Win2000/Exchange Server
Exchange Server was not changed Windows 2000 Small Business Server was not changed New Cisco 1841 Router New Symantec Gateway Security 360. All outbound email is functioning properly except email sent to a few domains, ie: AOL. Your message did not reach some or all of the intended recipients. Subject: XXXXXXXXXX Sent: 2/17/07 12:06 PM The following recipient(s) could not be reached: xxxxxxxxxxxx@aol.com on 2/19/07 12:18 PM Could not deliver the message in the time limit specified. Please retry or contact your administrator. <servername.com #4.4.7> any ideas of how the SGS-360 needs ...

how do i add all my suggested contacts to my contacts list?
How do i add all of my suggested contacts to my plain old contact list? Are you asking about a beta? http://www.microsoft.com/office/2010/en/faqs/default.aspx -- Russ Valentine "Teagan" <Teagan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7812B8CF-1713-48FD-AA3D-0F27BFCF8597@microsoft.com... > How do i add all of my suggested contacts to my plain old contact list? CTRL+A to select all of them then just drag and drop... -- -Ben- Ben M. Schorr, MVP Roland Schorr & Tower http://www.rolandschorr.com http://www.officeforlawyers.com/outlook.htm Aut...

How to output file to remote server via Out-File -filepath
I am using Invoke-Sqlcmd from SQLPS to execute a stored proc, and want to output a log to a path on the remote server that I get earlier in my script. So first I get the path by querying a table, and capture it in a $Path variable: $Path=Invoke-Sqlcmd -Query "select value from MyTable where name = 'Path';" -Database MyDB -ServerInstance "$Servername" I then try to execute my stored proc, and put the output to the path I got earlier: Invoke-Sqlcmd -Query "EXEC MyStoredProc;" -QueryTimeout 65534 -Database MyDB -ServerInstance "$Serve...

Data Analysis Plus Add-In
My Data Analysis Plus add-in has disappeared. I had it installed at one time, but now it is gone. I've attempted to reinstall the add-in several times and rebooted each time, but to no avail. Running XP Pro and Office Pro software. Any ideas? Thanks, MJ You probably have done this but .... have you looked at Tools/Addins . there is a Browse button in case Excel cannot find it ----------------------------------------------- ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com ...

How do you replace old data with new data without creating a new .
I have existing pivot tables and I want to replace the data source worksheet with new data and the pivot tables update with the new information. I have replace the data source but the pivot tables didn't update. Hit the "Refresh Data" in the pivot table toolbar (looks like an exclamation point) -- Regards, Dave "Dena" wrote: > I have existing pivot tables and I want to replace the data source worksheet > with new data and the pivot tables update with the new information. I have > replace the data source but the pivot tables didn't update. So...

Decommission mail server
I currently have 2 E2K7 mailbox servers. I have 2 Cas/hub servers and one edge. I have moved all mailboxes to the newer mailbox server and have no public folders which I have created on either server. The Default Public Folder database is pointing to the newer mailbox server on all mail databases. I want to decommission the older mailserver and was wondering what steps need to be taken in regards to public folder databases. On Wed, 18 Apr 2007 10:00:02 -0700, Maav <marc@lrsddotnet.donotspam> wrote: >I currently have 2 E2K7 mailbox servers. I have 2 Cas/hub servers and o...

Mail Delivery Locally Between Two Exchange servers Locally
Hi, 1) I have two Exchange servers hosting Exchange 2000, Exchange 2003 in the same subnet. 2) two domains are different from each other (DmainA.com.sg, DonainB.com.sg). 3) When these exchange servers send mails, it will go through the SMTP of its own. 4) when DomainA send mail to DomainB or viseversa it will go through the SMTP which results slow delivery of mail. Q:- 1) is there any way i can configure these servers to deliver mail to each other directly. 2) on Exchange 2000 any mail for DomainB must go through any conector,deliver directly or smar...

Where to download: SBS 2008 with Windows Server 2008 Service Pack
I am a technet plus member, but cannot find this version of SBS 2008 referenced below for download there. http://blogs.technet.com/sbs/archive/2009/10/16/coming-soon-sbs-2008-with-windows-server-2008-service-pack-2-included.aspx Can someone please point me at where I can find this version available for download? Thanks ozinca wrote: > I am a technet plus member, but cannot find this version of SBS 2008 > referenced below for download there. > > http://blogs.technet.com/sbs/archive/2009/10/16/coming-soon-sbs-2008-with-windows-server-2008-service-pack-2-included.a...

Faulting application name: iexplore.exe In Windows 2008 Server R2
I am not certain why I keep getting this exception message. In fact I get a pop up most each time I try to access or connect using IE. Did a bit of searching, and have not found a good fix for this yet. I am running a Windows Server 2008 64bit machine. I tried blaming it on IE add-ons, but now I am running in NO-ADDON mode with no add-ons but the problem persists.I would appreciate it if someone helped with with a fix for this on my server. ERRORS TYPES SO FAR ============================================= Faulting application name: iexplore.exe, version: 8.0.7600.16385, tim...

Auto Add-on?
Is There a way to get a dialog box to come up with a specifc item asking if an add on item would like to be purchased? For example... When a designer dress SKU is entered a dialog box pops up and asks if the customer would like to purchase a custom printed garment bag for $5.00. Then press yes to add the additional item and no if not? Thanks Scott, The best you can do out of the box is item messages which will only prompt the cashier, not actually add the item. If you are interested in having this functionality we could certainly design a custom solution for you. For more inform...

is it possible to host multiple CRM databases on 1 SQL server?
Hi, Is it possible to host two separate (on premise) CRM server databases on one SQL server? I am trying to achieve the above scenario, but there can only be one MSCRM_config database on any one instance of the SQL server. The Implementation guide isn't too clear about what to do in this situation. - Can two CRM databases share the same MSCRM_config file? - Do I need to install another instance of SQL server for the second CRM database? Or is there another solution? Thanks Depends on your CRM installation. If you are running the Enterprise version, then you can add a new org...

Add values in a column according to value in another column
How can I add the values in a column according to values in another column? If there is any value in a row in column B, I want to include the value of the corresponding row in column A. I'm flexible as to whether this is ANY value (i.e. not empty) or greater than zero. Hi Paul Maybe something like this =IF(B1="","",IF(B1>0,B1+A1)) Regards Cimjet "Paul Kaye" <paulmjkaye@gmail.com> wrote in message news:05befaf3-9ba8-48c8-aebb-654f0269d1dc@34g2000hsf.googlegroups.com... > How can I add the values in a column according to values in another > colu...

Moving Exchange DB's to a new server (different name)
In a DR test, we moved SG's to a new server, different server name, same SG and MS name. MS mounts, can not connect to mailbox. Delete mailbox, create a new one, we can then connect. Delete this mailbox, reconnect to the original, and now we can connect. How can we accomplish this in bulk? In other words, after doing a system state restore of AD, then a system state of Exchange, restored MS file, mounted, etc. We were unable to connect to these mailboxes. I am assuming this is related to GUID's. Any thoughts? Users in AD specify a server by name. When you say that you move mailbo...

Exchange 2003 server outgoing mail queue clogging DSL Line
Hello everyone - I've searched high and low, and can't seem to find a good solution to this problem: I'm a network administrator and support several small business, many of which are about 20 users. We usually have only one SBS Server. The problem that I have is that once in a while I'll get a user on the network who abuses the system and mass mails people (about 20 at a time for example) an e-mail with a large attachment (Like 10 MB for example). Typically my clients are on a business class DSL line which is 256 Mbps up / 4 Mbps down. When I catch these servers with many m...

Outlook 2003 can not connect to Exchange 2003 server through VPN
Hi, We have a Exchange 2003 server running on windows 2000 server. Everything is working fine (Outlook client, OWA) for LAN. The server has two NIC, one connect to LAN, another one connect to firewall with different subnet. I can ping both NIC after I established VPN connection from outside internet, also can open OWA using both NIC ip address. I updated "hosts" file on remote computer for the exchange server name and ip address translation. But, When I setup exchange server in outlook 2003 on the remote computer, type in the exchange server name and user name(User account is al...

How to add newsreader to Outlook 2003 with SP1?
I'm trying to follow the instructions of Start the newsgroup reader. But I cannot find the News command in the command list of the Go menu. I'm using Outlook 2003 with SP1. Thanks. To get the News command back, go back to the Programs tab in Control Panel | Internet Options and change the default newsreader to Outlook Express. If OE prompts you to make it your default newsreader the next time you launch it, clear the "Always perform this check..." box and then click the No button. -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "Peter" <Peter@discussions.microsoft.com&...

Add Text Together for Report
I tried to search for this one but not sure how to word it. What I am trying to figure out is how to make a report that adds all the text from a query together and displays it in one field. For example: I have a table that gets me the following data. deconid logdate log 14 12/06/2007 This is just a test 14 12/07/2007 yes.. This is a log 14 12/08/2007 Yet a log number three 14 12/09/2007 This is number 4 I would like it to display this data in a report like this: With DeconID 14, "12/09/2007- This is number 4 ~ 12/08/2007- yes.. Yet a log number three ~ 12/07/2007-...

Licensing #2
If I am setting up a business and want to put Microsoft Publisher onto 5 different computers, do I have to buy 5 different software packages or can I buy the one pack and buy 4 extra licences. Or are you legally allowed to put publisher onto as many computers as you want? On Mon, 20 Feb 2006 20:16:30 +0000, Lynn Donovan wrote (in article <15BC0DB7-DB9A-4E09-9CB8-6C15A596B948@microsoft.com>): > If I am setting up a business and want to put Microsoft Publisher onto 5 > different computers, do I have to buy 5 different software packages or can I > buy the one pack and buy 4 ...

Multiple CRM Servers with Multiple Exchange Servers
I've read several places that you can't have multiple CRM servers in a single domain work properly b/c the Exchange Router will only work with one Exchange server. What if you have multiple Exchange servers? Can you use say CRM Server 1 with Exchange Server 1 and CRM Server 2 with Exchange Server 2? yes this should work as each exchange server will also have a microsoft crm exchange connector on it which will only communicate with one crm web server "TG" <TG@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E82D2C8B-CA11-4B66-BF28-083CF98E49A2@microsoft.com......

Saving emails on the server for 2 computers
We have two computers connected with a router and both have Windows XP home edition on them. Now my desktop I use Outlook Express for emails and I have it set up to save messages on the server until I delete same. That way I can receive emails on both computers. On the laptop I use Microsoft outlook for emails and if I go in and read the emails they automatically delete them from my server and I cannot retrieve them on my desktop in Outlook Express. So. I have tried going into Microsoft outlook on the laptop and gone into, tools, account settings, data files and then I'm lost on ...