How to add company name in activitylist of home page?

Thanks
Chris
0
Chris
9/14/2004 1:01:33 PM
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

Yes can create a pre-pend to activity subject, that when a activity is
created, it will pre-pend the activity subject with the contact or
account name.  therefore, when going to the home page all activities
will start with
"ABC Company - call Bob about deal " etc, etc
0
michaelcrogers
9/14/2004 8:50:38 PM
Hi Mike

Could you be a bit more specific?
How can i do this?

Thanks!
Christian

Mike wrote:

> Yes can create a pre-pend to activity subject, that when a activity is
> created, it will pre-pend the activity subject with the contact or
> account name.  therefore, when going to the home page all activities
> will start with
> "ABC Company - call Bob about deal " etc, etc
0
Christian
9/15/2004 6:59:30 AM
sorry Chris, should have been clearer.  There is some coding involved
in this.
send me an email and I can provide you more information.  this is one
of several CRM "utilities" we have developed as an MS CRM ISV partner.
0
michaelcrogers

Add Payment to Purchase Order Processing Invoice
There have been numerous requests to have the ability to add payment information to a Purchase Order Processing Invoice. ...

Multi page Table
Hi, I have a table which could span 3-4 pages. How do I go about adding it to the page so it automatically span the pages? Currently I have to cut and paste the rows in these pages manually. Also is there a way to tie this in to an excel page or better yet have it updated from a database? Thanks Publisher recognizes "pages", unlike word and Excel which don't. Manually cutting and pasting is the way to do what you need. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] ~~~~~ How to ask a question http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375 "Momomo" <le_mo_mo@yahoo.com>...

Add
How can I add my macro or design it to be like a top menu just lik tools or file or ........ Thank yo -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Do you mean you want to have your addin create a new menu? Here's some sample code Private Sub Workbook_BeforeClose(Cancel As Boolean) On Error Resume Next Application.CommandBars("myMenu").Delete On Error GoTo 0 End Sub Private Sub Workbook_Open() Dim oCB As CommandBar Dim oCBCtl As CommandBarControl Dim HelpMenu As CommandBarControl Dim MainMenu As CommandBarPopup Dim MenuItem As CommandBarControl Dim Submenuit...

problem installing add in
I came across Chip Pearsons neat add in called Rowliner and wanted to give it a try. But I can't get it to install. When I try to install it I get a message saying that Excel has encountered a problem and has to close. While excel is closing I get anotehr message saying there was a serious problem the last time Rowliner was opened and I'm given instructctions on how to re-enable it the next time I open Excel. But following those instructions does not give me any access to the add in. Having said all this there is one other piece of info that might be important. When I first download...

Can I convert microsoft home publishing to ms publisher?
No, you cannot. However, you could open both applications and copy/paste from one to the other. -- Brian Kvalheim Microsoft Publisher MVP http://www.publishermvps.com This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. "myron" <myron@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:78BCF1F7-6832-4E21-B69F-72CF3A89BDD3@microsoft.com... > ...

ODBC Error: Data Source name Not Found and No Default Driver Specified
Hi everyone, When trying to query a SQL database via Excel and when trying to refresh the information within Excel, I receive the following error: ODBC DRIVER MANAGER: Data Source Name Not Found and no Default Driver Specified. Does anyone know what this is and how to fix this? Thank You! Eric, When you query an external database you need to set up and ODBC data source name (DSN). This allows your query to connect to the data source. You'll need the ODBC driver for the type of database your connecting to. (e.g. Access). Most likely this driver already exists on your system. ...

Why last line prints on second page
I have a two page form. The last line of the first page now prints on the top of the 2nd page. It USED TO print properly on the bottom of the first page. I don't know what I changed to have it print at the top of the 2nd page. How do I get it to print back on the bottom of the first page? I don't print forms, but I am thinking that either your margins changed or your printer, so check your margins. God Bless, Mark A. Sam "tjsmags" <tjsmags@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:DDD44327-C3D0-47D3-A7FB-D5E5AFD6CACA@microsoft.com... >I have a t...

DDX Code not generated by Add Member Variable Wizard
I am trying to understand DD Added an editor control (IDC_EDIT1) to Dialog Box, the used Add Member Variable Wizard to define m_Test as a variabl As I understand it, AMV Wizard should generate DDX cod (e.g. DDX_Text(pDX, IDC_EDIT1,m_Test) etc For some reason, DDX code is not being generated Is there something I need to enable in project/dialog/or other propertie in order for AMV Wizard to autogen the DDX code Thank Joh No, it should work. There may be some corruption in your .clw file. I would delete that then open the wizard again. This will prompt you to rebuild it. HTH -- ======...

add contact attribute to contact form
I need to add a new attribute 'introducer' of type contact to the contact form. I can't use the 'parent customer' attribute because I am using it for something else. The introducer is an employee of the account selected as 'parent customer', so ideally I would like the attribute to be a lookup of contacts filtered for the value of 'parent customer'. I then want to populate the address of the introducer into custom address attributes of the contact. Can anyone suggest how I might do this? Thanks, Lorraine. -- Lorraine Quigley Lorraine, You can't a...

Synchronization of "Company" field in Outlook Contacts
Hi , We have a problem where the "Company" field in the Outlook Contacts is not getting populated with the "Company" field in the MSCRM Contacts when we synchronize MSCRM Outlook client with MSCRM. Any one who has worked on this or faced the same problem please getback. Thanks in Advance Kiran This has been suggested to Microsoft to add this feature. If you'd like to "vote", search for threads with suggestions for MS, and search on the words Company Outlook It's not available at this time. --Karla "KIRAN" wrote: > Hi , > We h...

Multipage Web page
Is there a way to save my publisher file into a multipage web page. We are using Office 2003 with Windows 2000. My department needs to send out company newsletters but not all the users receiving this file has publisher. We are looking for a cost saving way of doing this. I know that we can do this thru Adobe Acrobat Writer and creating a .PDF, but just wondering if possible to do it thru a multipage web page or is there a better way of doing this? May I ask why you'd prefer not to use .pdf? (I'm admittedly biased towards that format. No platform issues, no software compati...

Difficulty in entering into The World Online Inc., company
When I try to login into "The World Online Inc., " company, an error stating "Files for this company has not been updated" is raised. How should I update the files and correct the error? Can any one help me in this issue please? Thanks. Did you run through an upgrade lately? I would try recreating te World Online using Great Plains utilities. -- www.fmtconsultants.com "ACE_Shankar" wrote: > When I try to login into "The World Online Inc., " company, an error stating > "Files for this company has not been updated" is raised. ...

One Label for Each Address, adding "Family" Name
I'm using Access 2007 where I have a database with 575 karate students (with a lot of siblings). Each student is on a separate record. I want to create mailing labels but here's where I get stuck. (1) Only one label to each address (2) Instead of full name I would like it to say "The Smith Family" (3) In today's age, some households have multiple last names. Not sure how to handle that, possibly "The Smith & Jones Families". Fields that I will be using for this are: First Name, Last Name, Address, City, State, Postal Code I greatly appreciate any sug...

Deserialize on Node Name and not Node Type
Hi, I have an xsd that looks something like the following: <xs:complexType name="CarType">...</xs:complexType> The CarType then gets used in another xsd in the following way: <xs:element name="MyCar" type="CarType" /> Thus the xml that we receive from the client looks like: <MyCar>...</MyCar> I try to derialise the xml with the following code: XmlSerializer ser = new XmlSerializer(typeof(CarType)); But it fails as it is expecting xml that looks like: <CarType>...</CarType> and not <MyCar>...</MyCar> Any id...

Name a Sheet as Text in Sheet 1 "M2"
I was looking for someone who could help me with the following. I wanted to make a macro that at one point inserts a new sheet in the document and names it after the content of cell M2 in sheet 1. Thanks in advance! The best way for you to learn how to do this is to record a macro while you do it. -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software donaldb@281.com "Jasper" <Jasper@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:31CEA9EF-9144-4ADB-88B4-7F755F40E968@microsoft.com... > I was looking for someone who could help me with the following. I wanted to > make a macro that at one...

Outlook connect to Exchange get name resolved error
Hi. Im using Microsoft Server 2003, I have created a new user and mail box and when i try to setup the email on the client computer i receive the error msg, "The name could not be resolved. The name could not be matched to a name in the address list. " I have had a look around the users profile and i notice that they are not listed in the Global Address List. As far as i can tell when i run through the wizard and create a new user a mailbox has been created. Any ideas, pls help Thanks. Albert In news:Ot1VlDR0GHA.4392@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl, Albert Wang <albert_z...

How do I begin typing on a page?
I downloaded Windows 7 but I can't begin typing on the page. My Enable type and click doesn't show on the edit on the tool bar. Well, I'm not sure what you downloaded, but presumably it wasn't Windows 7, which is an operating system. Perhaps it was the Office 2007 trial, which must be activated before you can use it. -- Suzanne S. Barnhill Microsoft MVP (Word) Words into Type Fairhope, Alabama USA http://word.mvps.org "chpymnky" <chpymnky@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:FA4DADAE-BC74-4A15-9C39-428D980E0645@microsoft.com......

Command button
[Excel 2003] I have a listbox on a userform which displays the computers name : YOUR-X9X9X9X9 Is there a way to have a command button check this code against a string within the command button code which will do the following 1) if the code matches, a second userform :Userform2 is shown 2) if the code doesnt match a warning is shown and the command button doesnt open the second userform Can anyone help? Thanks, Roger Hi there, The principle is exactly the same as in your other post. Something along these lines: Function MayProceed() As Boolean Const ...

Page Break after each report item
I am creating a report with Access 2003. It is to list and describe, etc. products available in electronic (html) format. Some product descriptions are short and some are long. I want each product to be on its own page and only one product per page. Currently when I run the report products with long descriptions continue on to a second page. Those items with short descriptions have part of the following product begin on their page. Is there a way I can accomplish one product per page no matter how long or short the report for that product is? Thank you In the properties of the detail...

pivot table add more data later
Hi Everyone, I have the excel sheet source which is every month biger. Each month I get a fresh data that needs to be pivoted in the same way. Each month though the amount of records increases, although the format stays the same, so: How do I tell to excel pivot to take the new data from the source? Thanks > How do I tell to excel pivot to take the new data from the source? Create a dynamic named range for the source data - instructions here: http://www.contextures.com/xlNames01.html#Dynamic Rgds, Andy ...

Add holidays public calendar??
How can you add holidays to a public calendar? When I add them , it goes to my personal calendar, not to the public one. Any ideas? Thanks Ron Montgomery Drag and drop from your Personal Calendar, changing the View on your Personal Calendar to Categories makes this process easier "ronmont" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0c2401c3c02e$a6654870$3101280a@phx.gbl... > How can you add holidays to a public calendar? When I add > them , it goes to my personal calendar, not to the public > one. > > Any ideas? > > Thanks > Ron Mo...

How do I get Excel to correctly add a column of numbers that have.
How do I get Excel to correctly add a column of numbers that have each been rounded to 2 decimals? It seems to always remember the unrounded figures; therefore, the sum of the column of figures is never correct. It's always off a few decimal points. This seems an amazing short-coming for a spreadsheet program. Is there a fix for this problem? I doubt the values have been rounded, if you mean that have formatted the values to show 2 decimals, that is hardly the same. Rounded would mean a formula like =ROUND(A2,2) For an explanation and a possible solution http://www.mcgimpsey.com/e...

why doesn't sum add time
I have a starting time in cell A1 of 5:15, and in B1 I place :46, and I put sum of A1+B1 in column A3. I don't get 6:01, but instead I get #VALUE! What am I doing wrong? Hi have you entered your times really as time values?. What do the formulas =ISNUMBER(A1) and =ISNUMBER(B1) rreturn? -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "jvoortman" <jvoortman@canada.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:460f01c4906a$30243970$a501280a@phx.gbl... > I have a starting time in cell A1 of 5:15, and in B1 I > place :46, and I put sum of A1+B1 in column A3. I don't > get 6:01, b...

Page Orientation #3
Is there any way in publisher to set different page orientation for separate sections? No. You can either split your publication into sections or design your pages separately, select all, copy, paste into main document and rotate what you just pasted. -- JoAnn Paules Microsoft MVP - Publisher How to ask a question http://support.microsoft.com/kb/555375 "Audie" <Audie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A0C2FAE0-030B-4953-B565-7FA2204DC716@microsoft.com... > Is there any way in publisher to set different page orientation for > separate > sectio...

Myst Technology Word 2007 ORS add-in
A 2007 Element K course book calls for adding the Myst Technology services "FindWhatORS" to the Research Task Pane in Word 2007. Unfortunately it is not available. Did Microsoft delete the service? Have you tried asking MyST Technologies about their add-in? -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] Tech Editor for "Microsoft Publisher 2007 For Dummies" "Robert" <instructor@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:C0F022ED-B548-4A4C-B758-51D39E37C71B@microsoft.com... >A 2007 Element K course book calls for adding the Myst Technology servi...