How to activate Notes & Activities on a Custom Entity...

Anyone know how to activate the Notes & Activities (associated entities) for
a custom entity AFTER they've been created?  After you create and save they
can't be altered from the front-end so any advice on how to do this from the
backend would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

Notes have "modified" multiple times (not by me)
Version: 2008 Email Client: imap Hi there <br><br>I may be panicking but one of my notes in my Entourage notes has replicated many times since 14th February. I went into the notes section today (which I don't often do) and this particular note (which is bank card details!) has been accessed since 14th February regularly up to and including today - I deleted the note and at the time I deleted it, it replicated about 30 times with the current time stamp. I'm panicking that some form of bot might have been accessing it (luckily the card is pretty safely protected with ot...

Create an instance of new Customized entity by Workflow
I created an entity named E1 under Account entity(Many-to-1 relationship with Account) then I want to create a workflow Rule that after creating an Account an instance of E1 entity is created automatically. It seems Activity creation is possible in workflow automatically! Is any soloution for this issiue? -- Mohsen Ahmadi you can create activities but not custom entities. You would need to either do this by using a callout or by creating a workflow .net assembly that can create the custom entity for you. ======================= John O'Donnell Microsoft CRM MVP http://codegallery.g...

Printing without certain text (i.e., answers, notes)
Does anyone know an easy way to print two versions of a document? For example, I need to print a student version without answers and instructor's notes. Thanks, TM One way would be to use a style (call it Answers for example), when you want to print out the students copies change the color of the style Answers to white. That should do it. "TM" <t_mccollough@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:e6czHS2YDHA.1384@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > Does anyone know an easy way to print two versions of a document? For > example, I need to print a student version without answers an...

MSChart in active
I am testing the "Dialog frame as an ActiveX control" from codegure http://www.codeguru.com/atl/dialogctrl.shtml. It worked fine until I put a MSChart in the dialog. It crashed. why? Thanks, qq ...

trial version activation
I just downloaded and installed the trial version of visio 2003, but when I tried to activate it using the wizard, it keeps coming up with : "your product key is not valid, uninstall and enter a valid key" I got the PID from the download instruction email sent to me from the Microsoft website, so I can not understand why the product id is not working. Maybe it's case sensitive? Can someone please help? FYI...I do not have an answer...but have had multiple unsuccessful attempts this morning to activate a trial version. The first attempt was using a copy of the trial ...

CRM 4.0 Activities Flaw/Issue
After upgrading from CRM 3 to 4 about 1 month ago, a sales rep pointed out an issue with Activites that isn't working as it should (or would think). In CRM 3, if you selected the Due Today option, it would list only activities due today. No overdue items. In CRM 4, if you select the Due Today option, it shows all activities due Today AND overdue. Basically, it's broken and useless with no Today option. In CRM 3, if you selected the Due Overdue option, it would list activites that are overdue. In CRM 4, if you selecte the Due Overdue option, it shows all activities due Today AND ove...

Customer Statement Crystal Report
Hi! Does anyone have a Customer Statement in Crystal format? Thanks -- Marisol Mortera Marisol, Your question is very generic. If you could be a little more precise, then I might have what you need. Girish "Marisol" wrote: > Hi! > > Does anyone have a Customer Statement in Crystal format? > > Thanks > -- > Marisol Mortera I am trying to build a crystal report for customer statements as well. The Great Plains one is very difficult to work with. If you have an example of this report in crystal, please email it at staceyleelee@hotmail.com Stacey &quo...

customized views disappear
Every so often my customized views for various folders just disappear. I've created them by copying the current view and modifying the copy, but periodically my copies disappear from the View menu. It seems to pick on my Tasks views regularly, while other customized views (e.g. mail) are fine. This is an Outlook 2002 w/Exchange server environment. Any ideas? ...

Business Portal Customer Logon
Hello all, I just installed business portal for GP 2.5. I setup a login for a customer on it and associated the login to a customer ID in GP. When the customer logs in, there really isn't any customer information displayed. Does anyone have a resource to let me know how to add customer specific content from GP? Want to display items like payment history, contact info, etc. Thanks, Tareef Tareef, Look for this capability in business portal 3.0. 2.5 is not a customer/vendor facing solution, and even though the advanced roles exist, I do not believe it will work as of now. 3.0 shou...

Appointment Activities 12-05-04
Hi, It appears when an appointment passed its scheduled time, it would complete itself without user input, and disappearing from the Home\Past Due Activities view. Other activities, such as phone calls and tasks etc are OK (or it seems). Does this make sense to anyone? If yes is there a solution or workaround? Thank you for your help in advance. Tony Tony, I am getting the exact same behavior, for what unknown reason, I don't know. It's pretty ridiculous if just because the date has passed that an appointment would be autocompleted. Bob "Tony" wrote: > Hi, >...

Making custom form default for contacts
Hello: I am a beginner with Outlook. I am a new hire in a department that uses Outlook contact information in a Word Mail Merge process. I am teaching myself how this all works, and have been doing ok, but I am struggling with forms, particularly the form used for contacts. I don't have any problems modifying the form (for example to add FirstName and LastName fields), but I am very confused about how to get Outlook to use my modified form instead of the default custom contacts form. It seems to me that this should be a simple property setting, but I've had no luck tinkering w...

Populate customer through web services
I am trying to import a customer record through dynamics web services and have the following questions: 1. How do I get the customer class information to default for the customer. I am passing in the customer class and the class field populates on the customer but the class information does not default. There is a behaviour on the create customer but it is of type internal. If I change the behaviour on the policy, the customer does not import at all. 2. How do I get the address on the customer card to be imported. I can get the customer addresses to be imported into Great Plains but no...

Active Directory information for crm users
Why is a lot of user information duplicated for CRM users that is already available in the Active Directory user accounts? Examples include address information and phone numbers. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolution...

Upgrade CRM 1.2 And Custom
Did somebody upgrade CRM 1.0 to 1.2 with several customization? I would like to know how CRM was after upgrade, and if you had any problem with custom? Regards, Sylvie Mondoux We had customizations and we had to change the isv.config and web.config file because those are replaced during the upgrade. Everything else was left in place in our case. "Sylvie" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:b7be01c43787$140ceac0$a101280a@phx.gbl... > Did somebody upgrade CRM 1.0 to 1.2 with several > customization? I would like to know how CRM was after > ...

Send to and Lotus Notes
I am using Excel 2002 under Windows 2000 and LOtus NOtes as the e-mail software. Once I changed the e-mail program (under internet options-programs tab) to Lotus Notes, the "send to" submenu under Excel and Word disappear, but it remain in Powerpoint. I have forced it to appear again (customization of bars and menus) but not all the capabilities are posible. First everytime I press "mail recipient for review" excel stops me to save it as a shared file, the it works. Is there any way it can work as if I had outlook in the e-mail program? ...

Sorting Notes
I use the Outlook Notes program quite a bit. But, there are two problems I have with it: 1. It sorts most recent to oldest -- is there any way to change the sort order to alphabetical? 2. I'd like the default "note" size to be a little larger? Is this possible? Thanks I can answer part of this one. To make the note a little larger - Tools, Options, Note Options, Size. Judy Freed <EHPorter> wrote in message news:414a4d0d$0$55835$a1866201@newsreader.visi.com... > I use the Outlook Notes program quite a bit. But, there are two problems I > have wit...

Outlook 2003 bug -can't insert note as text
When creating a mail message, choose Item from the Insert menu, then try to insert a note as text. All that is inserted into the mail is the date and time the note was last modified. Outlook XP and Outlook 2000 don't have this bug - they correctly insert the text of the note into the body of the mail. Nick ...

Customization option disappears under settings
Sometimes when we are logged onto Web crm we can see the customizations button on the navigation pane under settings. Other times it has disappeared altogether and the only way to get it back is to delete the temporary internet files. Does anyone know of a permanent solution for this? I assume this is CRM4. Do you also have CRM Outlook client on this machine? I have found that the Customisations option is not always avaliable in the outlook client, and if you have opened outlook before opening the web, the option will not be in the web client. You can change this my editing the isv.c...

Activities Due Tomorrow
Hi, In the home page, we have something strange with Activities Due Tomorrow. Many activity with different due date is ther, but it's suppose to be only the one for tomorrow. Did somebody already saw this problem? Thanks, Sylvie ...

Hyperlinks not active
I have a 2007 worksheet where I have a column of about 250 hyperlinks. Non of them show up as hyperlinks. When I move my mouse over them they dont do anything. Is there a way I can make these cells which are valid web addresses, a working hyperlink?? Thanks CARD With your "dead" hyperlinks in column A, in B1 enter: =HYPERLINK(A1) and copy down -- Gary''s Student - gsnu2007h "Mr Crowley" wrote: > I have a 2007 worksheet where I have a column of about 250 hyperlinks. Non > of them show up as hyperlinks. When I move my mouse over them they...

Related Fields in sub activities view
CRM 4.0 In the standard My Activities view I am able to display information from the Account (Regarding) i.e. industry, city etc. When switching to Phone Call or Appointment, the information is not displayed even though the facility is there in admin to add these fields - is there a fix for this? ...

Allow active x controls to run in RMS POS
Hi there. When trying to run drilldown.htm in RMS on my POS computer, I get the error message "Your current security settings prohibit running active x controls on this page", and it doesn't work. It works fine on my back office pc, and I can't find any difference between the IE settings on the two pcs. Where would I find the setting to allow active x controls to run? Cheers Problem solved, windows automatically blocked it because I sent it as an email attachment from my office pc Mheill wrote: > Hi there. > > When trying to run drilldown.htm in RMS on my POS co...

Show related records for custom entity
I have a custom entity. When I go to History I can not see the related records from contacts, opportunities, etc. They are not rolling up and there is no pick list to show related records or not. Is there a way to change this? Thanks, -Rick M On Fri, 23 Feb 2007 10:33:49 -0800, Rick M <RickM@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I have a custom entity. When I go to History I can not see the related >records from contacts, opportunities, etc. They are not rolling up and there >is no pick list to show related records or not. Is there a way to change >this? > As...

Strange CCleaner Activity
All of a sudden the CCleaner "Cookies" remover is including the links in Documents and Settings/Owner/Application Data/Recent. These links are, of course, not actually in the TIF folder. Have any other users of CCleaner noticed this happening? Should I be concerned? Should you be posting in the CCleaner Community Forum? http://forum.piriform.com/index.php?showforum=4 --- Leonard Grey Errare humanum est JD wrote: > All of a sudden the CCleaner "Cookies" remover is including the links in > Documents and Settings/Owner/Application Data/Recent. >...

Exchange 5.5 on Windows NT in Active Directory
Someone please help!!!!!! ARRRGH. I tested my Windows NT domain to Windows 2003 Active Directory upgrade. Everything went as planned...the DNS, the logons..everything. Except for the mail server. I still, at this time, have to run Exchange 5.5 on a Windows NT box until the next budget comes up. How do I get Exchange 5.5 on an NT box to work on an Active Directory system? I am running in mixed mode. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!!! "CJ" <chrisj@illicom.net> wrote: >Someone please help!!!!!! ARRRGH. > >I tested my Windows NT domain to Windows ...