How to access CRM data from MS Word - 177092

I watched in a power point presentation downloaded from MS website that you
can access your CRM data from MS word to make well formatted offers for your
customers.
There was an area on the right with CRM data in it and you can chose the
data you want then inset it into the word document.
Any idea how to make this.

crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

On May 10, 3:21 pm, Maged Assabri
<MagedAssa...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
> I watched in a power point presentation downloaded from MS website that you
> can access your CRM data from MS word to make well formatted offers for your
> customers.
> There was an area on the right with CRM data in it and you can chose the
> data you want then inset it into the word document.
> Any idea how to make this.

You are probably thinking of the VSTO for CRM presentation.  This was
a wildly popular tool that could do all sorts of REALLY cool things,
like mail merging and such.  Unfortunately it seems that Microsoft
decided that releasing this tool to the public was not worth the dev
time.  The VSTO for CRM presentation was really cool in that it had
some real time updating of data within word documents and everything.

MS CRM does have some built in integration with word, however it is
limited to system entities and is, at best, very limited.  I was
actually in charge of developing something like this for where I work,
but our feasibility study said the next version of CRM would come out
before we even managed to get something close to marketable out
there.  If we managed to get anything at all.

If you really wish to do something like this on your own, feel free to
search for the details on how to use VSTO yourself.  If you ever do
manage to make something that can do things like mail merges from
custom entities, please email me back as my boss would be very likely
to sell such a product en masse to his clients and would most likely
give you a big bag of money for doing it.

Kris Rhodes
----
MS CRM Certified (Installation & Configuration, Customisation)
CRM 3.0/VB.NET 1.1 Developer
Quantum Business Technology
Perth  West Australia
Blog: http://rhodeskc.wordpress.com

This information is intended to be advice and advice only.

0
Kris
5/10/2007 8:10:40 AM
Hi,

We have a Add-ON for MS CRM ( WordMailMerge for MS CRM) .
This Add-On let you generate word documents with data from MS CRM very
easily.
If you are interested in details please take a look at www.mscrm-addons.com
..

Regards,
Christian Ternek
_________________________
www.mscrm-addons.com
Your company for MS-CRM ADD-ONS!

WordMailMerge for MS CRM
GroupCalendar for MS CRM
Telephone Integration for MS CRM
EmailSignature for MS CRM

"Maged Assabri" <MagedAssabri@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im
Newsbeitrag news:7F69DF82-6115-498E-AC1A-FCE2F6BBBB3D@microsoft.com...
>I watched in a power point presentation downloaded from MS website that you
> can access your CRM data from MS word to make well formatted offers for
> your
> customers.
> There was an area on the right with CRM data in it and you can chose the
> data you want then inset it into the word document.
> Any idea how to make this.

0
Christian

Centralized data
I have a main costing work sheet that needs to be populated by individual costing sheets that went out to all of the buyers to populate. Main Costing Sheet A. Item # B.Desc C. QTY D. Cost E.....F.........G......H (all contain irrelevant information to costing activity. There are 5 buyers (Nick, Tanya, Doug, Skip and Forrest) that I have divided up the main costing sheet and sent them thier individual items to cost, now that I am getting the individual costs back, I need to populate my "Main Costing Sheet" with each cost, however, the items are all to...

How do I get Biplot Add-in to my computer? Not on MS dwnld site
How do I get Biplot Add-in to my computer? Not on MS dwnld site ...

Transfer data from XML to Stream?
Hi all, I have a COM component that receives XML documents from MSMQ. Before I process the final documents and pass it to my application, I want to modify the format a bit, as in create a name/value pair structure from an element structure or rename certain fields. I'm using XmlTextReader to read over the original doc and I'm using XmlTextWriter to create a new XML file that I essentially need to load up again into an XMLDocument object. I'd rather write the modified XML to a stream local to my running instance of the COM component rather than create another physical file then ...

outlook blocked access to potentially unsafe item, archive .pst
Tried to open archive in outlook 2003 said file was enormous. "Egro" <Egro@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F8BC04C1-B005-43CF-ABA5-9C171EA74B9F@microsoft.com... > Tried to open archive in outlook 2003 said file was enormous. As far as I can tell, there is no error message in Outlook 2003 that states a file "is enormous". You should zip a PST before sending or rename it to, say, ".psx" or ".ps_" before you send it. The recipient can undo the steps you took to send it. -- Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook] ...

Access Mulit users in form keep stumbling over each other
I've got a front end Access database that has the form and a backend Accessdatabase that has the data. I would like mulitple users to be able to enter information into the form but they keep stumbling on each others work when they are doing so. My database is very simple, the table has 2 columns one has the account number of customers and the other is where the workers will fill in Yes or No. The users open the form copy the account number, enter it into a program, and review it. If they account is positive for what they are looking for, they mark yes or no and go onto the next record....

Take a look at this critical package from the MS
--ydblaweyxljvkb Content-Type: multipart/related; boundary="cijnfoow"; type="multipart/alternative" --cijnfoow Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="lthitaoskmrloogk" --lthitaoskmrloogk Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Microsoft Customer this is the latest version of security update, the "October 2003, Cumulative Patch" update which eliminates all known security vulnerabilities affecting MS Internet Explorer, MS Outlook and MS Outlook Express. Install now to help protect your computer from these vulnerabi...

Outlook blocked access to the following potentially unsafe attachment blah.url
How do I lower security settings in order to receive all attachments?? What version of Outlook? --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer: Googy <googy55@pacbell.net> asked: | How do I lower security settings in order to receive all attachments?? Me to. I have Outlook XP and getting quit tired of not being able to get need attachments. I hope somebody has the answer. OL 2000 SP-3 Corproate/Workgroup with security update Thanks GG "Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook...

Toggle Data Label "Value" On and Off
Is there any way to toggle the "Value" label for a chart on and off using a button linked to some VBA code. I'd like to be able to have the label formatted (i.e. color, size, etc) so that the user just has to click a button for the values to show on the bars of the chart. Thanks for any help you can give! -Josh Found my own answer through recording macros. Here is the code I used, applying it to a toggle button. Private Sub ToggleButton1_Click() Application.ScreenUpdating = False If ToggleButton1.VALUE = True Then ActiveSheet.ChartObjects("Chart 1").Ac...

Many to 1 Relationships in CRM 4.0 #2
Hi I just wondering if there is a suggested way to create multiple many to 1 relationships in CRM 4.0. We have created a custom entity and we need to associate more than 1 type of contact with the custom entity. We have a nominated and a registered contact. We have created two many to 1 relationships with contacts and the custom entity. The problem is that the name of the custom entity now appears twice in the navigation pane for contacts. We can select the 'Do not display option' however the custom entity will not appear in the navigation pane for the 'nominated contacts&...

Exchange 2000 data store size does not shrink
Hi, We have an exchage 2k store that is ~16GB. We have archived ~ 5GB (PST files)and did an offline defrag but the db has shrunk by less than 2%. Currently it will not mount even with the evn when we set the temp size increase registry switch. Any ideas? In news:2B3413A7-9F3D-44E9-A0D1-06E7B1D55135@microsoft.com, KCHobson <KCHobson@discussions.microsoft.com> typed: > Hi, > > We have an exchage 2k store that is ~16GB. We have archived ~ 5GB > (PST files)and did an offline defrag but the db has shrunk by less > than 2%. Currently it will not mount even with the ...

Error while installing languega pack, CRM 4.0
Hello, I installed succesfully the german language pack for crm. When I try to activate this languega pack over the Webinterface i get an error. The application log tells me this: Source: MSCRMWebService Description: MUI Provisioning failed. Error: Thread was being aborted. Any ideas? I searched in previous entrys here, but wasn't able to find a solution. Thanks! Regards Rene On the crm database run the following command: Delete from MetadataSchema.LocalizedLabel where CustomizationLevel = 2 NB: make sure you have a backup. And ofcourse this is not supported but should work. -...

Copy a word doc to excel and hyperlink data between the 2.
I have a chart on an excel document and a long word document explaining the data in the chart. I would like to place the word document under the chart in excel. Then I would like to hyperlink the data from the chart to specific places in the word document. Help.....I have been trying to figure it out for days. Thank you. ...

Attaching an email or a scanned document to an Access Report
In my original database (now two years old), I added a paragraph of text in a memo field in a record. Now, after a group reorganization, I will be getting additional e-mailed information and/or hard copy that has to become part of that record. I am planning to scan the hard-copy to create an attachable document and/or open the email and somehow include the attachment to the Access record. Does anyone have any suggestions or examples? Would hyperlinking be the way to go? Sorry, I meant to mention I'm using Access 2003 and the documents are usually 2-3 pages long. "Help Elimin...

Query to Access : does'nt see tables
Office 2000 SP3 FR From Excel / MS Query, I want to read data in Access tables. I choose the mdb file and so MS Query displays this error message (translated) : "This data source does'nt have any visible table". Original in French : "Cette source de donn�es ne contient aucune table visible." I transfert my data to a new mdb file : it work's few times (!), then the error message appears again. How to resolve this problem ? Jacques. Gotcha ! MS Query does'nt accept a file name with 2 dot inside ! Example : MyFile.mdb --> Ok My.File.mdb --> "...

Need to extract data mid-string.
Here's what I have: \\lavaur4\PHIWEBEurope\SWAN_Swissco\Default.htm: 754And here's what I'm trying to get back: Swissco\Default.htmThe number of characters from the left will always be the same, 28. And thestring will always be trimmed after the ":" (colon). I'm struggling with how to use mid, left, right to get out what I need. Thanks in advance!Kellie-- Message posted via http://www.accessmonster.com On Mon, 26 Mar 2007 21:19:27 GMT, KFox via AccessMonster.com wrote:> Here's what I have: \\lavaur4\PHIWEBEurope\SWAN_Swissco\Default.htm: 754> And here&...

Embedded Word Document
Hi, I have got an excel sheet with an embedded word document within it. I have a problem when it comes to printing out the sheet. If the user has type information into the embedded word document and it has gone over two or more pages, only the first page gets printed. Is there a way to get the others printed out? Thanks for any help. pG -- purplegerbil ------------------------------------------------------------------------ purplegerbil's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=28461 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=4...

Re: Data Summary
Can we do the summary by defining a macro? The difficulty with the suggested solution : 1.I am not able to advance filter the unique data to a separate sheet. 2.Every day the data gets changed, so have to repeat the exercise daily and is very time consuming. Regards, Jimmy Joseph Subject: Re: Data Summary From: "Ardus Petus" <ardus.petus@laposte.net> Newsgroups: microsoft.public.excel In summary sheet, you can get the totals with a formula like: =SUMIF(Products!$C$2:$C$7,A2,Products!$A$2:$A$7) See example: http://cjoint.com/?fmkJhzVi8q To automate the production of ...

Bug Report
On Mac ----------- Construct linear plot in Excel including: 1. Title 2. X-axis label 3. Y-axis label Copy and Paste into Word Save and send to PC On PC ---------- Open file in Word Notice Y-axis label is gone I'm a Biochemistry student who uses Excel to do lots of number crunching. I use a 1.25G Powerbook G4 with OS X 10.4.3 and the newest version of Office. I copy plots from Excel to Word often when writing reports without any problems. Recently, I've began submitting reports electronically via email and my professor uses a PC. When he opens my files, Y-axis labels are mis...

Word found no merge fields in your main document.
I have been having good luck with mail merge but have suddenly encountered problem merging Excel data into a word document. All goes well until I elect Entire worksheet. It is at this point, an error? window opens with this message: Word found no merge fields in your main document. Choose the edit main Document butto to insert merge fields into your main document As this may be more a Word problem, I will post in both areas. Here is additional information. I have Office 2000 and XP. Recently working with this same database I created a phone directory. It turns out the data was old and I have...

Add more than one series to a pivot chart using VB MS Access continued...
I'm trying to programmatically create a stacked bar pivot chart. Using "Programming Microsoft Office Access 2003" by Rick Dobson, I've created the chart. However, it doesn't distinguish between the different values for the series. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to create a chart using one column containing three values for the series? Essentially, this is a continuation of a previous post: http://groups.google.com/group/microsoft.public.access.formscoding/browse_thread/thread/e23f3506a6d561a0/674295d410a71cf9%23674295d410a71cf9" Any help is greatly appre...

Import into Access from Excel, passing a variable as the field...
Hello all, I have an Excel spreadsheet with a header that contains the exact same 30 names as the corresponding 30 fields in an Access DB table, and Row 2 below the Header contains the data I want to import. Instead, of physically typing all 30 fields in the code, I have a macro that loops through each "field" name that it got from the spreadsheet header. When I run this macro I get "run-time error '3265' Item not found in this collection', however, when I specify the actual field Name manually it works. This what I have: Dim iColumn As Integer Dim FieldName As ...

how to use RichInk control for Mobile word
Hi all, I am trying to view the word documents in Pocket PC. I got some MFC code in the following link. http://www.pocketpcdn.com/articles/word_embed.html It is doing well for reading Pocket PC 2003 word document (.psw). I tried this to read Mobile word ( Word document for WM 5.0).It showing some same invalid data for any input. If anybody has idea on it please help me.. Thank you, Supriya. ...

Word cannot complete the save due to a file permission error
Hi there, One of my corporate users is experiencing an odd issue producing an error message when attempting to save a Word 2007 document. 1. User has the pre-existing (not new) document open and clicks the save button. 2. In what seems to be a random occurrence, the document will bring up a "Save As" dialog box asking him where to save, as if Word forgot where the document is already saved! Odd thing is, it shows the proper location where the file already exists. 3. User will choose the same location and replace the file. Sometimes it will overwrite and save prope...

Moving CRM to a Differnet Domain
We recently purchased a company that paid for CRM cutomization/design...problem is the server (CRM and SQL only) is on it's own domain. We want to move CRM/SQL to our domain (to use Exchange, Sales Outlook client, etc.) without losing the customization . There's no data on the CRM server.....is there a way to move CRM to a different domain and not lose the customization? And to throw one more kink into the picture the customized CRM is on 1.1 and we'll want to install it on 1.2. Is this possible?? if you have no data you are lucky.. you can open up deployment manager on t...

Outlook Web Access
Hello all, Outlook Web Access has been rolled out to my organization. It's particularly useful in areas where PCs are shared among numerous people and are logged onto the network with generic IDs. The problem I'm experiencing is that when an account is ready for a password change, there is no notification to the user before logging into Outlook Web Access. This is a problem because after three checks of their email, they can no longer get into their email. Now I'm not an Exchange server person, but I need to get some ideas to present to the Networking Staff. Does anyo...