How does CRM handle Backorder items ?

If there are 5 items on a Sales Order,
4 are available in inventory and
1 item is not.

How can we solve the problem of Backorders ?
Can we leave the the item on the order with a status ?

Question 1: what exists in CRM out of the box
Question 2: How has someone solved this ?

Thanks
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

1. The out of box doesn't take account of the availablity value, it is just a
data
2. Options you can look into:
--ERP integration which will automate this area
--3rd Party Quoting/Ordering add-ons
--Manually build this via SDK

Good luck.

Frank Lee, Microsoft CRM MVP
Workopia, Inc.
http://microsoft-crm.spaces.live.com
http://www.workopia.com/Links.htm

"Jazz Singh" wrote:

> If there are 5 items on a Sales Order,
> 4 are available in inventory and
> 1 item is not.
>
> How can we solve the problem of Backorders ?
> Can we leave the the item on the order with a status ?
>
> Question 1: what exists in CRM out of the box
> Question 2: How has someone solved this ?
>
> Thanks
CRM is not accounting software; however inventory tracking is a database
function that can be written.. My question would be do you really want to
pay to reinvent the wheel? I would look at integration of CRM to Great
Plains, QuickBooks or Small Business Accounting or any of the other powerful
Accounting Suite Applications.

--
Anne Stanton, MBSCP-CRM
President, The Norwich Group

Written on a Lenovo T60p running VISTA
Tracked in MS Dynamics CRM v3.0 Rollup 1, Outlook Client v3.0C (with hotfix)
Good Neighbor to Groove 2007, OneNote 2007, Office Enterprise 2007,
Autotask, LinkedIN,
TypePad and More!
"Jazz Singh" <JazzSingh@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> If there are 5 items on a Sales Order,
> 4 are available in inventory and
> 1 item is not.
>
> How can we solve the problem of Backorders ?
> Can we leave the the item on the order with a status ?
>
> Question 1: what exists in CRM out of the box
> Question 2: How has someone solved this ?
>
> Thanks

0
Anne
6/6/2007 12:07:02 AM
Crm doesn't really handle orders. But there are fields in CRM to keep track
of items shipped and items backordered. You just have to manually update
these fields.

--
Patrick Verbeeten (MCSD)
Lead Developer

"Jazz Singh" wrote:

> If there are 5 items on a Sales Order,
> 4 are available in inventory and
> 1 item is not.
>
> How can we solve the problem of Backorders ?
> Can we leave the the item on the order with a status ?
>
> Question 1: what exists in CRM out of the box
> Question 2: How has someone solved this ?
>
> Thanks
Anne,

I am not aware the CRM has an integration with Quickbooks or Small
businss accounting.   Is this new.   From my research Microsoft has
only Microsoft supported integration, and that would be with GP 9.0.
I have spent the past few years building and supporting an integration
with Dynamics SL.  However, we are only 1 company.  I am not aware of
other integrations with CRM.

Thanks
Pierre Hulsebus | http://blog.solomon2crm.com

0
InfuseMe
6/18/2007 2:43:28 AM
eBridge Software (http://www.ebridgesoft.com) has an integration package for
Microsoft CRM and QuickBooks.

We are looking at it for a prospect right now.

Michael Cross
Navint
http://www.navint.com